(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

<font color="aa00aa"> Experienced mummies ,question about introducing semi solids as I'm totally clueless....

I want to start Justin on rice cereal when he turns 6 months
-So I start with 1 spoonful of cereal mixed with milk?Then I slowly increase the cereal portion and put less milk,is it?

-After the meal of milk + cereal, when should bb's next feed be? Regular portion of milk/give less?

-How many meals of cereal mixed with milk a day?

-Then when/how do I introduce purees?

-Is the puree considered another meal?

-When purees plus cereals come in,how many feeds of milk and how much milk to give a day.

-Milk should still be bb's staple diet right? Until when?</font>

Marie,
Nop, no news from her.

Ow_mummy, Ultrabeary, Marie,
All the beanies will send to Ultrabeary, then she distribute to you all? Can? Let me know if you have other plan
happy.gif

hi pei, sms u but u din reply....so can we meet today at your place at 830pm? if not free other days nevermind but do let me know, thanks.
happy.gif

Pei,
I very much wanna go, especially when it's in Toa Payoh! But cos my hb is still overseas till early next month, so a bit paranoid that either bb or I may catch the flu bug out there then it'll be chaotic at home! Will probably join you all in the near future, esp when hb is back in SG. Enjoy yourselves! Miss the Sizzler salad bar!
happy.gif

hi, i'm from the feb'09 thread. i m selling away my jumperoo... good condition, can say totally no stain on it.. price negotiable... pm me if interested.. thx...

Hi Audrey: just read your post....tot my post abt joining was overlooked.. didnt want to turn up unannounced .. pai seh...

Also my gal seemed to have a cough last night .... daddy sure wont have allowed me to bring her out.

Hope u gals are enjoying your lunch !

Marie : Happy to see u here. How much you brought for your playmat? I tot of buying one for Gwen.

Jas : I was admitted to hospital on 19th.

moomum : Our babies are in the same nursery room together.

Wow... There are three mommies staying in Sembawang...

I m staying in Yishun..

Jas, my baby started swimming at Huaxia since 1 month. If you are referring to normal pools, my neighbour whose BB was born on 23 Apr has started swimming in their friend's condo pool recently.

mommyyeo, i was also admitted on 19th evening, super panicked but it was sunday and the place was super quiet.

I will be moving to Yishun in 2011...

Jas, The first time he was quite sleepy and didn't really move much in water. The second time onwards he was super active and even swam 50 min straight, imagine us adults keep on moving and kicking for 50 min wld be super shack also. From then his legs are quite strong and when we bathe him he can kick the bottom of the tub and try to stand! I think babies naturally love water, and the earlier you start the less resistance.

<font color="0077aa">'Allo! 'Allo!</font> I'm sneaking in a few mins as both kiddies slp. Tx God B1's breathing is normal bt her medication stl hv 2 take til 2mr (5D course). B2 also seems 2 be status quo w slight runny nose. I woke up hoarse tho no sorethroat -- dunno if fr shouting @ B1 2 much y'day
wink.gif
Yeah, y'day was extremely trying w my blood boiling @ 1000 degress!! Think coz I'm exhausted also -- whc has seen me snacking like a hamster too... sigh. Lookign 4ward 2 sending B1 back 2 CC next Mon...

<font color="ff0000">Order personalised stuffs from Buniquestore</font> Hey, any1 wan 2 get again? I didn't 1st x and now I think B2's weight is more stablised so i can get 4 him otherwise wasted, so many of his rompers r underutilised i.e. wear onli 1-2x dan 2 tight 4 him oledi!!! Oh, in the end did the beansprouts pillow order go thru 2?

<font color="119911">Leereiner:</font> $20.90 is definitely worth stocking up on.

<font color="0000ff">KP:</font> Think Pampers Active L comes in onli 1 packaging of 60pcs (M is 68pcs)

<font color="aa00aa">Moogey:</font> Alamak, dan gotta take rain chk 4 nonya mee siam. Mayb when u on leave dan we go slurp slurp (mee siam gravy...)

<font color="ff6000">Babies &amp; water:</font> Mommies u noticed e 'walking reflex' when our bb r in h2O? When I bath B2 I hold him so his legs standing in the h2o &amp; he'll automatically 'walk' forward. Read dat they'll lose e reflex around 3M or so... Think datz why bb take well to swimming...

Kidzs and KP: Pampers Active L also comes in 38 pcs pack, can get from NTUC.

Kidzs,you are so knowledgeable, I didn't know it's called walking reflex, thought my boy thigh muscles strengthened by swimming, haha!

<font color="0000ff">moo mum:</font> Oh, got 38pcs? The NTUC i frequent don't carry. The walking reflex thingy was demonstrated on Child Of Our Time documentary 2, I caught it &amp; read abt it again little while ago so I let B2 'walk' during bath x. If I'm nt wrong, juz let them stand on a hard surface the reflex may also kick in bt in h2o coz weigh less it becomes veri easy 4 bb. The documentary series veri interesting bt dunno why they dun wanna sell it in DVD/VCD... mayb in case the experiment goes wrong, haha.

<font color="666600">mommyyeo: next time u can join our gathering with me le.
happy.gif
i bought the playmat from world of korea. 18mm Thomas Train for $288.</font>

<font color="666600">Hi

I have a $10 Hwa Xia voucher to give away. PM if interested to sign up the course as my bb will get 1 extra if u do sign up.</font>

hmm, thought I replied already? Actually am waiting for you to come over. But nvm, tomorrow also can
happy.gif
U text me the time ok, anytime after 8.30pm I am OK.

oops, my previous post was for Sh...(asp_23). So sorry only just saw your post. Was out the whole afternoon and only just managed to log in.

<font color="666600">Kris: I just came back not long. Neh neh super swell...Accompany hb to airport n met fren for lunch. then go jurong n pick up hb lappie (sent for service).</font>

<font color="119911">marie,
u not working 2dae? i pumped on 6/8 den on 9/8 breasts engorge den pump again. nw breasts a bit engorge but try not to pump liaoz.</font>

wow Kris your breast can tong for 5 days without pumping? looks like u are successful in stopping liao. Ow_Mummy managed to stop already?

<font color="666600">Kris: Yup, today not working cos I was a little feverish yday night. Prob too tired le. So slept in today n saw doc. Doc say my throat a little inflamed, ask me to rest. Slept enuff le then my fren came to fetch me lor. Left Xander at home with MIL.
happy.gif

Engorged damn pain leh. U stopping already? But your ss sure still gd one lor even when u dun pump so long.</font>

calling powerball, oshgosh, catherine,

does anyone of you want to buy california bb products? i'm planning to get some stuff n see if u guys want to share on the delivery cost ($5)? this mummy is currently managing a BP thread as well. http://www.thepinkcream.biz/cbbp.htm

other mummies welcome to join, but if u're not staying near telok kurau/eunos, will be a bit difficult for me to pass/you to collect the items. I'll be placing order this weekend. Let me know ya?
happy.gif

mousy_pig: drag timing... i drag till 1 day onli 1 pump of 150ml for 4days den i straight away cut my supply off..lolx.. so end up...it was quite miserable...cuz breast start to engorged...den slowly it will go off.. have to tahan e pain... den ard 1mth den it stop completely...den from then on, my breast is like "after pump" soft soft de...

Hi All,
I came in to read and out. Kind of busy with work &amp; Kids.
And HB stomach pain for 2 days. He was refer to A&amp;E but he did nt go. Only today goin to see doc.

He told me tat doc say might be Apendities. But I saw the referral letter stated Exclude Apendities. Nw I am getting abit worry.

Somemore my father admitted to hospital. He getting weaker but still alert. Went to see him last nite. He so sunken in and no enegry to lift newspaper. Also on Oxygen. Sigh!

Something came to my mind while outside the ward: Cancer ward= depressing ward.

I see most of them cannot control their bowel, th nurses must clean for them. My dad nw on diaper too.

I saw some of them still look good even thou they having cancer. I wish my father can be like them.

tingting, I might want to order, let you nod later.

tktotts,
if your hubby is having a persistant stomachache, please get him to A&amp;E asap! It is very serious if it's a raptured appendix, meaning the appendix has burst and the toxics are all over the vital organs. I suffered from it before and hope I didn't scare you, the fatality rate is about 11%. The symptoms sound like appendicitis, and your hb gonna get checked upon admission, the earliest surgery may be hours later, so don't delay already. Hope everything goes fine.

allo mummies,
i'm sick and been given amoxicaps (amoxicillin).. been postponing taking them cos BFing baby..
anyone been bfing and been on antibiotics at the same time?? please advise..
PD says OKI but GP said express and throw... confused lah..
=(
my boy just had his 2nd 6in1 jab yesterday.. weighed in at 7.1kg and 60cm..

<font color="0000ff">Pravina:</font> I think PD knows better coz wat mommy takes directly affects bb. I ever took antibiotics while stl bf B1. Kant rmbr whc type bt e GP I saw specifically gave me milder kind since I was bf. Bt my flu persisted &amp; I went back 2 more x 4 more meds (different) coz I refused 2 take stronger antibiotics. Muz get plenty of rest! Ur boy also heavy weight!
happy.gif

<font color="119911">Tktotts:</font> Oh dear, if possibility of wat HLW described, then pls MAKE ur hubby go A&amp;E! Sori 2 hear abt ur dad, itz e worst 2 see a loved 1 know they r dying &amp; esp seeing them wait 4 dat x 2 come. I rmbr my dad tearing sometimes, aft 2 futile operations 2 remove brain tumour. I didn't understand then bt realised latter he knew he wasn't going to recover...
sad.gif
Hang in there, muz take care of urself too!

<font color="aa00aa">HLW:</font> So painful &amp; scary! 11%! <shudder> I think most of us appendix stl in... I rmbr my sis told me while in sec sch a classmate suddenly complain stomach pain so she + another helped her to sick bay, along e way e girl juz doubled ovr on e flr &amp; cldn't move. So ambulance was called. It was her appendix 2.

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">Lion spotted @ Car Workshop!</font></font>
2809974.jpg

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Turns out one of the worker's idea of practical joke by giving his dog a new hair-style!</font></font>
kao_biggrin.gif

2809975.jpg

pravina : try not to stop BF-ing ... I stopped BF-ing when i was sick (for 3 days) and after that my baby don't want to be latched anymore!! I was sad cos can't do anymore bonding with baby while bf-ing ... *haiz*

kidz2: haha cool dog, must b bcos of national day?

Back