(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Hi HLW

so your gal is close to my gal's age too. haha.. great, 17 apr (jas), 18 apr (HLW) and 19 apr (eviangal). i wonder if our dd are all born in the same hospital. They might have been in the nurseries together for prob a day. =) I delivered at TMC.

I am so glad your dd can flip within 2 days. Thats what I am trying to do now. Roll her to her tummy, then roll her back. But when i roll her to her tummy, i would wait for her to try on her own before i roll her back. Maybe i should your way and see how. keke.

Hi Jas, I am currently working too so not activated in MSN now. I express at work twice a day too then at night i express about 1 to 2 times depending how tired I am. Your dd dont stay with you on work days? Mine stay with my in laws on work days. I visit her on alternate days in a week.

So glad to know your gal's trying already. Mine not really cos i seldom put her on her tummy. Most of the time in sitting position to let her watch tv on her own. haha. Just bought the playmat. So now going to train her on flipping soon..

KP gal: The munchkin grinder, I last saw it at Kiddy Palace Toa Payoh. But they were having the 20% sale then so it was quite sometime back.

I saw it again yesterday at Thomas and Stephanie, West Mall yesterday. But they got no discount.

If you are not urgently getting it, you can try checking the kiddy palaces. Since you going Toa Payoh tomorrow, you can check there as a start. It is a rather big outlet in Toa Payoh.

Hi Eviangal / HLW,
I was also at TMC - L3 (under Yvonne). IF HLW also from TMC, I'd prob have met her. But not you lei, cos I was discharged by 19th.

Does your girls 'talk' a lot now?

Eviangal,
my gal stays with me... my mum comes to take care of her on 2 alternate days. then the other 3 days, I bring her over to my mum's place early in the morning b4 hubby sends me to work.

HLW, thanks sharing, must chiong watson liao, need to get the facial cotton, want to stock up L size diapers oso..i have enuff M size already..

eviangal and Jas,
nice to know mummies with bbs born around the same time as mine! Most of the April babies were born in the first half of Apr so mine is like so small! Now my girl Raeann has company!
happy.gif

Jas,
I delivered at Mt Alvernia, so don't think our girls had shared a nursery hee...
happy.gif

Yvonne,
Actually I thought of you when I saw the facial cotton offer! Think promotion ends on 19 Aug.
happy.gif
I got the $5 Watsons member card too, I signed up more than a week ago so got a pile of vouchers but not useful to me. But since it's lifetime membership and can get points plus special prices for certain items, so I just got it.
happy.gif

hi mommies...newbie here, but has been reading this thread all along. my gal was born on april 8. glad to know you all.

hi eviangal n crystalline,
reading your messages here really soothe my heart. been worried these past few days about my gal's weight gain. she only gain a bit each month. at 3 months old she weight 5.1kg, now at 4 months she only weight 5.6kg. usually she will gain at least 600gr per month. but this month dunno why her weight gain is so low. i latch her on all day long so dunno how much her intake is. so worried that i'm not giving her enough milk. so tempted to give her solid to help her gain more weight but on the other side I'm also trying to breastfeed her exclusively for 6 mnths. so stressed
sad.gif

mummies who are keen on sewing class
alfafa is ok with 28th.. i think marie u're ok for that day right? who else ah? i forgot.. ultrabeary? i dont think i can make it.. prob very hard for me to take leave once i go back to work :-(

Shall we make it at 12.30pm then.
I called and made a reservation for 7 people already, under the name Miss Goh (hee hee still Miss hor!)

KP, you can come via CTE. Should be quite fast!!

Venue: TPY
Date: 14Aug2009 (Friday)
Time: 12:30 pm

1) Pei
2) Audrey (Sizzler)
3) Catherine
4) baby_mummy
5) pumpkin (KIV)
6) KP
7) Rose
8) ow_mummy (sizzler)=P

Anyone has the address for the toa payoh place we are meeting at? I am totally unfamilar with the area...if still can't figure out, cant go liao:p hehe

Here's the address for the uninitiated :p

Sizzler Toa Payoh
#02-516, Blk 190, Toa Payoh Lor 6
(Above Toa Payoh Central KFC)

KP, I am sure your GPS will get you there!!!

Pumpkin Seed,
Come over when you finish your things ok
happy.gif

baked potato,
Come come! Have lunch together
happy.gif
See ya! Added your name to the list!

Sizzler Toa Payoh
#02-516, Blk 190, Toa Payoh Lor 6
(Above Toa Payoh Central KFC)

Venue: TPY, Sizzler
Date: 14Aug2009 (Friday)
Time: 12:30 pm

1) Pei
2) Audrey
3) Catherine
4) baby_mummy
5) pumpkin (KIV)
6) KP
7) Rose
8) ow_mummy
9) baked potato

aiyo, sorry gals, busy with my bb, this few days hardly have the time to come in to the thread! Hope I didn't missed out anything
happy.gif

See ya! Looking forward for tomorrow lunch
happy.gif

Hi mommyyeo, my boy was born on 19 Apr @ TMC, but he was very close to 20 Apr! Which ward did you stay at? if on 3rd floor, then our babies may have been in the same nursery before
happy.gif

HLW, Eviangal: our sembawang bbs' birth dates all veri close. my is 14 April.. also veri small size. at 3month she oni 5.39kg oni.. whose ur gynae? mine is lawrence ang cos too lazy to go far far.

Um, where to park tomorrow??
I have to wait for Angel Wipes delivery then collect more Doidy cups at the post office.
Must leave by 2.30pm.

<font color="ff0000">Hihi!</font> Hv fun @ 2mr's gathering - wl join in another x. Stl gotta take care of B1 bt she looks set 2 recover as her breathing is less laboured. B2 has slight runny nose bt hvn't brought him 2 Dr yet, stl monitoring.

<font color="0000ff">Pumpkinseed &amp; Moogey:</font> How abt mt up next Wed @ BT Plaza 4 lunch?

<font color="aa00aa">Gallop:</font> Angel Wipes r @ my plc oledi. Do contact me 2 arrange 4 collection coz it'll be 2 much 4 me 2 carry when I bring Sebastian out. Coz weighed him y'day &amp; he's 8kg oledi!

kidkidz, I have lunch plans on Wed.
Do you want to join us for baby massage on Thurs?
Otherwise, I am free on Friday.

Glad both are doing better now

Huh you got your Angel Wipes already? I was waiting for Steven to call me but it's arranged that he will deliver tomorrow morning.

Oh World of Korea delivered my Pooh utility mat today. Going to put it next to the bed at my mum's place where she sleeps in case she rolls over. It's so nice!! Saw the FP rainforest playmat too and fell in love. Now just waiting to see if I end up moving or staying before deciding what size I will buy.

Someone PM me about sharing order for WOK playmats with March mummies. They started a list so just go there and join in if you are willing to collect at the same place as them. Think they are trying to negotiate for discount.

<font color="ff6000">Pumpkinseed:</font> Sori, miz details abt massage class. Sounds interesting. More details? Who's teaching btw? Or KIV next Mon/Tue 2 4 lunch? Okie, my eyelids r super heavy liao... Nite!

<font color="0077aa">Disney Store website...</font> Okie, I cldn't help it &amp; had 2 chk 4 updates so came across this one. The backpacks r so cute &amp; can be personalised. US$9.99 up, bt prob cost 2 much 2 ship?? I'm so tempted 2 get 4 B1... http://www.disneystore.com/back-to-school/backpacks-lunch-totes/c/14515/

<font color="ff6000">Pumpkinseed:</font> True, I better take rain chk abt gathering coz I so tired now dat I'm feelin' somewhat under the weather... So tired bt can't nap in day coz of housewk &amp; can't slp @ nite coz my mind in ovrdrive now... Sigh... The Angels Wipes guy called me on Tue &amp; delivery was Wed. Somemore said come @ 10.30am bt turned up @ 9.45am! Gd thing I was up &amp; freshened up oledi, nt frumpy looking housewife
biggrin.gif

kidskidz, I will PM you.

Marie, it's World of Korea. Check the BP section for their current BP. They sell only LG playmats. Very good service and much cheaper than buying from MothersWork

<font color="666600">Pumpkin seed: OIC. I tot wat playmats. I also bought from World of Korea. Got to agree that their service is really gd n price is cheaper too. Selection of design also more. I bought the Thomas Train 18mm Mat. Totally love it to bits!</font>

Mummies...I may not be able to make it to lunch today *sob* *sob* need to run errands for hubby...

Pumpkin seed: I've pm u my contact no...paisay to leave my cups with u...trying to arrange to pick up from u...

KP: can pm me details of the baby monitor?? Thanks

Tan,
my gynae is Lawrence Ang too! Hehe... very convenient hor, I usually walk from my place to Sun Plaza for the checkup cos it's just a 4mins walk. I am thankful I chose him cos towards the delivery date, there were so many checkups! Cannot imagine if the clinic is far far away... Actually wanted to go to Joycelyn Wong at TMC, cos hb doesn't really like a male gynae. But I told him when we go there, valets will park his car most the time then forget it already, cos he hates others driving his car haha... That's why I decided to deliver at MAH, also due to the fact that I prefer the rooms there. I find Dr Ang very chop chop during consulations, but whenever I ask him some stuffs he will try his best to answer me. Moreover, my stitches then were all the way to almost the anus hole, but healed very fast! By the end of a week, no pain already. If I have a #2, I will definitely go back to him!
happy.gif

By the way, did you take epi? Dr Ang is very anti epi, but I don't care, the moment I got admitted I said I wanted epi. The nurses said "You know Dr Ang is anti epi right?" Haha... In the end so relaxed and I delivered by the next hour. I don't wanna have a horrible birth experience to scare to me off the next child, that's why I die die wanna take epi hee...
happy.gif

HLW, Hahaha.. I find Dr Ang not bad.. initially i don wan a guy gynae cos veri pai sei also thinking of going to Joycelyn Wong cos she deliver my buddy's bb and my buddy say she is good but the tot of going to TMC for all the checkup veri tiring and my hb's coll's bb also delivered by Dr Ang and she say he is good so i went. he is good with the stitches and he is really fast with the consulations.
I din take any epi. almost die there man..but luckily my labour not that long about 3 hours.. that time contraction so bad and u have the sensation to push but cant cos not fully dilated yet.. the moment i saw dr ang at the labour ward is like god come alreadi so happy and 3 push my gal come out liao.. don noe if got 2nd one still have the courage to go without epi or not..

HLW and Eviangal,
the wipes will be delivered to me later.
HLW, when u wan me to pass u the wipes?
eviangal, will sms u later..

me stock up for Pampers Active "L" lor... bot 4 packs... cheaper than NTUC offer - $49.95 for 2 packs... watson is 20.90 for 1 pack...

Tan,
Wow you are very brave leh, I wanted to do without epi, but my hb kept asking me to take else he will hear me screaming like killing a pig like that hahaha... In the end I didn't even let out a scream or shout, and the delivery ward nurses joked with me that I didn't seem like I was delivering a baby. =p
The good thing with those epiduralists tied up with Dr Ang is that, they know Dr Ang's style, so they put the epi at very low dosage. I could push and even felt the stitching part very clearly. My hb told me that my epi tube was left with 5/6 of the tube! So wasteful... But nevertheless I am still glad I took epi, cos when I was pushed to the ward at 5 plus in the morning, one nurse came in and said I looked very fresh, didn't look like I just delivered a baby keke. Think if you are scared, can try epi next time, Dr Ang will make sure you can feel enough to push so not to worry.
happy.gif

I just SMSed you, collect the wipes from you when I pass you the cream k. Pay you first.
happy.gif

KP, pumpkin,

can park at HDB hub, more convenient because there's a lift. But I don't know if there's a lift to sizzler at the 2nd floor. If there isn't, just give one of us a call and we will come and help
happy.gif

what is the brand and model of stroller have you all bot for your jr eh? thinking to get another 1 for my boy... my girl doesnt allow her didi to use hers plus me too tired to sling him lor...

I also did not take epi because my labour was also quite fast (was on prostin), but I would say that the pain is not as bad as I've imagined, just like very bad menstrual cramps. I think if the pain persist for long hours then it's advisable to take epi.

Back