(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

How do we really know bb having flu? Is it like adults consistently sneeze or if everyday got sneeze a few times means got flu?

Rose, i bought the Haemin Playyard. If your MIL dog is a fantastic jumper, the playyard is not high enough. But normally the dogs not interested to jump in though.

<font color="119911">hi everyone, im back! went sim lim tis afternoon n bot a karaoke set, hopefuli can fix up n use soon.

owmum,
alamak, hw come ur MIL so buay zi tong? u muz b damn mad but cant vent ur frustration, go shopping ba.</font>

I don't mind sizzler, never been there before.
Thanks Audrey. Will get Mikaela to give you a big sloppy kiss!!

Ok, confirm at 1:00pm, TPY for lunch
Now where to eat
a. Sizzler
b. Swensen
c. Jade Crystal
That's all that I can think off Any other place to suggest?

I added regular mummies to the list. If you can't make it on this Friday, just remove your name

Venue: TPY
Date: 14Aug2009 (Friday)
Time: 1:00 pm

1) Pei
2) Audrey
3) Catherine
4) baby_mummy
5) Kris
6) KP
7) Rose
8) ow_mummy (sizzler)=P
9) pumpkin (KIV)

KP,

What's the rental market like? Slow or active? I am also looking for a place to rent...so sian, I hate moving, but don't really want to stay at current flat.

<font color="119911">pei,
i cant make it on fri, hb juz told me got something on in the afternoon.

1) Pei
2) Audrey
3) Catherine
4) baby_mummy
5) pumpkin (KIV)
6) KP
7) Rose
8) ow_mummy (sizzler)=P</font>

kris,

oh like that ah, next time then. Hey swensen's still got 1-1 promo leh. How come never ending ah? Last time it was supposed to finish in June, then July, then now Aug still have the same promo.

Saw this promo at Sizzler website (http://www.sizzler.com.sg/newsletter/2602SizzlerTentCards.jpg). Wanna go Sizzler or Swensen
happy.gif
or any other suggestion?

1) Pei
2) Audrey (Sizzler)
3) Catherine
4) baby_mummy
5) pumpkin (KIV)
6) KP
7) Rose
8) ow_mummy (sizzler)=P

<font color="ff0000">Hi!</font> Waiting to give B1 some more meds @ midnite... <yawn> She's aslp tho so gotta struggle w her later coz itz waking up a sleeping lion scenario... Thank God her temp's gone down since this aft, hasnt crossed 37.5 so 1 less med 2 give. Bt she gave me a short when I administered Tamiflu juz now coz she shuddered like she was having fit bt turned out it waz juz veri horrible tasting so she shivered @ the taste
sad.gif
Sebastian's been sneezing a couple of x &amp; when he's on his tummy, end up w runny nose (gravity?) so praying dat he's in the clear... Dun thing I can survive if he also come down leh... Praying veri, veri hard...

<font color="0000ff">LovJ:</font> I did double-take when I saw ur get a 'weaner' -- initially thot it was 'weiner' &amp; I wasnt thinking hotdog hor
wink.gif

<font color="119911">Rose:</font> My friend replied dat she sold her Bishan flat oledi, keys juz handed ovr. Hope u can find a nice pad 2 crash in soon... coz I noe house-hunting's tedious

Okie, gotta wake the lion cub now...

<font color="aa00aa">kidzskidz, I'm crossing all my fingers and toes for you that Sebastian doesnt come down with anything!!

I just came back from viewing 2 houses.Like 1 of them and am going to make a sincere offer
happy.gif

Can ask your friend how much she sold her Bishan flat for? When did she sell it?What's her block no,and what's her flat size, 5I or 5A? I just want to get a guideline,dun want to dio hacked.If not convenient to reveal here,can pm me,please?</font>

Pravina, oshgoshbaby and ting ting
Santa Claus is coming to visit tomorrow.
Buona Vista and Tanglin Mall around lunch time then Telok Kurau late afternoon.

Still have about 4 other places in between. Oh man, I pray so hard I will remember everything.

Collected my Mamypoko from my KL friends today. They're the coolest man. Saves me only $20 but they are still willing to do it for me.

kidskidz, I am having heart pain for you right now.

Audrey, if I can clear most errands by tomorrow, can have leisurely lunch on Friday with you girls. Anything is fine with me.

Angel wipes, mine is being delivered this Fri.
Referral from Emily, Mrs Soo and, Jacqueline Tan confirmed. Anyone who was missed out do let me know and I will inform Steven. PM me if you want to collect wipes or split the referral fee with me.

<font color="119911">pei,
haha, economy bad so got to have promo else will wait to kill flies le.

kidz,
hope ur elder recovers soon n sebastian will b fine.

rose,
u did valuation for ur hse oreadi? seems like bishan, TPY n AMK no new flat ah?</font>

anyone got any solution how to make my boy finish the last ounce of milk? Dunno how to make him drink. He will scream at the top of his voice whenever i give him.

<font color="aa00aa">kris,I havent do valuation for my place yet.going to submit now lor.the agent saw our place and said in our case it is easier to sell our place than to buy a place,so better to let us view our ideal home first.</font>

just to check for those of you whose baby are feeding 5 times a day, how much are you giving per feed? My boy's milk in-take seem to drop these few days and he is not hungry after 3 hours. Not sure issit becos of the jab.

mousy_pig
my girl normally drinks 100ml very quickly.. then have to wait for REALLY long, like half hr before she finishes the rest of her feed..
does ur boy burp before the last oz? maybe burp him first?
I'm giving my girl about 6.5oz each feed.. most of the times she finishes.. but some feeds (max 2) are only about 4 oz

thanks <font color="ff0000">pumpkin seed</font>!!!
go give me a call when u reach tanglin mall, i'll be having lunch at cafe beviamo
happy.gif
luv their sandwiches there, yumm...

<font color="ff0000">mousy pig</font>
my bb drinks 5 times a day, each time drinks about 5 oz or less, which is about 140 - 160ml.. but sometimes can also drink only 100ml like this morning, even after 8 hours of sleep!

Hi mousy_pig, my gal drinks around 6-7 times in each 24hrs. 4 times are bottle feed of 140-150ml each. The rest are direct latch on (9pm, 4am, 7 am).

She previously had problems drinking (can drink only 3times only, each time only ard 100-110ml only. But this week, her drinking increase and more frequent. =) Think their pattern really change every week...

Mummies,

Can make it about 1230pm instead? Coz I'll be coming during lunch hrs!! So will need to head back by 130pm.

1) Pei
2) Audrey (Sizzler)
3) Catherine
4) baby_mummy
5) pumpkin (KIV)
6) KP
7) Rose
8) ow_mummy (sizzler)=P

Hi Mousy

I think baby's appeitite can be quite unpredictable sometimes. I usually latch my daughter when she is at home. When she is at my in laws and bottle feed, she drinks around 160ml to 200ml every 3 hours. Sometimes within 2 hours. In the evening, nearing bedtime, she drinks lesser like 120ml to 160ml every 4 to 5 hours. It could be because she is accustomed to sleeping hours by now.

As for your son, i dont really think its because of the jab. They drink only when hungry. Did he sleep or play after drinking milk? Sometimes, when they sleep, they consume lesser energy, hence the milk can last longer and they gets hungry later. If he is active playing, he can get hugry pretty quickly. But then again, it really depends.

yeah i am so confuse with his drinking pattern now that i dunno when to feed him....hiaz...and he is very stubborn, dun want drink means dun wan.

my PD mentioned that babies our age might start to have reduced milk intake as their growth/weight gain also start to slow down. But he says not to worry and don't have to force them to drink more milk. Unless the reduction is drastic e.g. only able to drink 2 bottles per day, or become very interested in what adults are eating at mealtimes, then perhaps time to start on solids (around 4 - 6 mths). If not, also don't have to rush to start on solids due to increase in chances of developing food allergies, asthma etc.

My boy has only been able to drink around 4 ozs each feed (3 - 4 hrly)so far. Realised he usually takes less in the morning, even after sleeping for 6 - 8 hrs without milk.

Mummies,

Can make it about 1230pm instead? Coz I'll be coming during lunch hrs!! So will need to head back by 130pm.

1) Pei
2) Audrey (Sizzler)
3) Catherine
4) baby_mummy
5) pumpkin (KIV)
6) KP
7) Rose
8) ow_mummy (sizzler)=P

i m ok w 12.30pm...but audrey i think its better to make reservations? cuz lunch time.. n e sizzler there very small...

HappyLittleWomen. Thanks. My spohie is also lying around all the time. TIme to find her a nice little box as her home.

gals: U mind if i join the outing tomorrow? going back to work so this is prob my last chance!

hey ladies... any breastfeeding mum on line now? want to seek from advice...

Previously been able to express around 120ml when my gal was drinking 110ml. But now her intake increase to 140ml... and each time i express, need to squeeze out every bit to get 140ml... although its getting easier by the days (probably by demand and supply).

Anyone in the same situation where your supply is racing to catch up with your kid's demand?

oshgosh, yeah wonder why they not hungry after 8 hrs..so weird. what's your baby's weight?

eviangal, yeah sometimes he play, sometimes he sleep. really depends. but his erractic milk in-take makes it so difficult for me to estimate the expressed BM to heat up. Sometimes, he show signs of hunger, but only drink like 2 ounces.

I've seen the munchkin grinder at robinsons. may be good time to get during their sale. haven seen the wean machine before.

for me, i prefer to get those traditional grinder like from philips so not only specifically use for baby's food.

erm... ok, will go check them out. When do you all intend to wean your kids to semi solids/solids?

My ped recommended 6mths...

Hi Jas

I saw the munchkin grinder at several places liaoz. About $17+ at Kiddy palace (before discount). I got 1 as a gift during my bb's first mth. Not sure if its good. Havent use yet. Baby turning 4 months only next week. Most ped would rec us to feed semi solids only at 6 months. But it depends, some babies can start from4 +. In my case, I will wait as long as I can as long as she doesnt reject my milk.

As for supply vs demand. I face the same problem as you. I had a rather steady supply previously. After I was away from my daughter for 3 to 4 days during a bangkok trip. My supply decrease. (partly also because) i didnt really have much time to express as frequently. Took me a few days to get my milk back on track. Constantly latch her. Ended up with sore nipples during that period. Now its back to normal.

She is drinking 4 to 5 oz now. And I am still producing only around 4 oz. If good slightly more.

Try taking fernugreek, latch her on as frequently as possible. And make sure you consume enough food and drink lots of fluid. I realise that my milk would also decrease if i didnt eat or drink enough not sure if it applies to you too. I am still trying to reach 5 oz feed. Jiayou Jas! We can do it!

Hi Eviangal,
my girl also turning 4mths next Monday. =) So nice to have someone moving on the same pace.

I think our girl is drinking about the same. How much is she weighing now? How many feeds a day? Still doing night feeds?

I'm taking fenugreek, each time I express, I pop one pill. =) Yes, same, if i dun eat/drink/sleep enough, the next day, milk supply sure drop.

Jiayou too Eviangal... glad to be 'talking' to you.

moogey! ALAMAK!I think I may have mixed..
How do we know the grooves are diff? For me, only the 4oz bottles leak.. the 9oz ones are quite "steady".

Just went to check out AVENT breastpumps. There are BPA free ones too! Costs about $40 more than the normal ones.

Taka baby fair will be held end of this month- 27th Aug!! Mummies who bought their pumps during the fair, is there a 20% discount? Or they only have bundles offer?

First few years (FFY) is also currently having a 20% discount for all avent pdts except the monitors till 31Aug.

<font color="ff0000">pumpkin seed</font>
good to meet you earlier, even though only for a short few minutes! thanks so much for swinging by tanglin mall, really appreciate it..

<font color="ff0000">mousy pig</font>
i dunno wats my bb's weight yet, will find out tomorrow when send her for her jabs.. think still 6plus kg..
and my bb same as yours.. if she stops drinking halfway, she will refuse to take any more..
during her last vaccination, she was off her milk for many days after that.. i so hope this month's jab won't cause her to drink less..

weaning baby
so fast everyone getting ready grinder and stuff?
which should i get? tot will jus buy those normal food grinder/blender, can?
or must be special baby kind?

baby_mummy
i compared the 9oz one.. the old ones the groove is 2 lines following through, the BPA free ones is half line/ 1 full line/ half line across.. sigh.. now i gotta test all my bottles.. so sian of milk leaking... so sticky!

weaning
actually i gave jade a few bites of rice cereal.. she didnt quite take to it, but she was able to swallow what we gave her. But since she didnt look that keen, we tot we'll wait for a while longer

Hi Ladies,
Sorry to intrude. I'm from Dec Mum 2008. I've an almost brand new Bumbo seat (lilac colour, without tray) to let go. If you're keen please PM me. By the way, self collect only.

Thanks!

rose, my brother managed to get the munchkin blender at KL liao! Itd 60RM though, so ex hor:p eviangal, there's still stock at kiddy palace??

Btw, which part of toa payoh is the outing at ah? I dunno how to drive there leh...wats the address?

Hi Jas

My daughter last check up was 5.4kg (at 3 months old). Her next check up would be next Fri. I hope she is at least 6kg by then. She is a little small in size compared to other babies 1 month her senior. How about yours?

Mine is born on 19 April. So our babies are 2 days away only. haha.

As for no of feeds, i didnt really count whenever i latch her on, but its approx 5 to 6 feeds per day i think? I only remember feeding her twice at night. once before i sleep (around midnight) and once around 5+am. In the afternoon, it depends. Sometimes 2 hours, sometimes 3 hours, sometimes even 4 or 5 hours (when she sleeps).

You are very disciplined. Popping fernugreek each time you express. I only take one every day. Sometimes i forget to take somemore. haha.

Nice talking to you too. I am glad to have someone on the same pace as me. I really admire the other mummies who have older children and their babies already starting to learn how to flip or starting to wean. My baby is still too lazy to flip. Whenever i put her on her tummy, she seems to struggle as if in a very uneasy position. She prefers to sit up, stand or lie down but not on her tummy. =(

Have your baby start to flip yet?

Hi mummies,

Watson's having sale!

2 big packs of the facial cotton pads (including 3 smaller packets each of 240 pcs), so total you get 6 packets of 240pcs pads for $6.90. Original price is 1 big pack for $4.95, offer for 1 week starting from today.

Pampers Active Baby, purple pack, L size only, 60pcs, going for $20.90.

Went to get the cotton pads already, cos it's really a good deal! My girl is a long way from size L diaper so didn't get the Pampers Active.
happy.gif

eviangal,
your girl's weight development is very similar to mine, she was 5.1kg at the 3 months check and born on 18 April. As for flipping, you can let her try on your bed, the cot or the playmat. Actually belly time is not so important, when she was learning how to flip, I tried to simulate the flipping process by using my hands to gently flip her around. After about 2 days, she learnt to do it by herself, probably cos she was used to the motion of flipping. Maybe can try it out.
happy.gif

Hi Eviangal,
u have msn? I'm currently working, so I'm expressing from work twice in a day only. Then at night try my best to express twice after work, and another time in the morning before i go to work.

My gal's last check up for her 2nd vaccine at ard 6mths 2 weeks old, she weighed 6.4kg. She is more on the chubby side, cos her dad is also. =p

My girl still can't flip, but can see her trying when she's on the bed lately. I do put her on her tummy once a day since she was quite young, so she can 'train' her neck muscles... haha!

KP,
HPL is me huh? Haha... I am not sure leh, but it does seem cheap! Around the same price as MamyPoko leh... if they have promo for M size, I would have grab a few packs already!

Back