(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Kris/Lilmoo,

Mayang sari is also part of Nirwana. Just that it is more "rustic" and chalet like. A hut to yourself right in front of the beach. I compared all the pricing offered, I think it's the cheapest to book direct.

Hee I am not bringing baby!!! keke

lilmoo,

Ya loh.. at least he still has a preferred side. Mine used to like the left.. now he hated everything. He LOVES his TEATS! He never empty my breasts as he couldn't latch on well. But just by latching 5-10min a day.. pumping is such a relief!! That's y I always try my luck keke... if he is screaming for milk.. better dun try.. wait he might reject any milk offered!!

Mousy_pig, my flow oso slow if we really compare to bottles loh.. If let down comes, it's too fast.. he screamed too! What to do? Hee I must preserve for another 3 months before I close my moo moo workshop. haha

Hi Lilmoo... what is FTG?

Hi Sui Ching... I did tot of putting them in the fridge. But that will mean the stocks I keep in freezer will just stay there - I'm afraid it might 'expire' before I know it. I was hoping to put the daily EBM in freezer so I can use the older frozen ones in the freezer first.

<font color="ff0000">Baby's weight:</font> Juz found out a fren's bb was 4.25kg @ birth. Bt she told me they'll naturally slow down by 6M and by 1Y loose the excess coz by then the growth is length rather than width-wise. Veri true, I had 4got datz how B1 was and is now (lean, nt skinny, juz nice)

Okie, catch up later -- going to Isetan sale and coffee w another fren who also has heavy-weight bb to trade stories
biggrin.gif

<font color="0000ff">jas</font> FTG = Fridge To Go -- the cooler bag dat has 2 b kept in freezer ovr night dan next day take out 2 use. Can kp cold for between 4-6hrs depending on model. Veri ex cooler bag tho bt I suppose worth every scent if u nd to kp EBM, food, etc cold for extended period.

baby_mummy
for me and hb we like the super modern kind of hotel. about 3 days ago she rejected latching, i die die also refused to give her bottle. didn't take long and she latched, cruel hor. after that the last few days i try to latch as often as i can.

jas
FTG = fridge to go.
http://www.fridge-to-go.com.sg/

kidzkidz which model did u buy to store EBM?

Jas, why dun you put those u pump at night in the freezer. Those u pump in office can drink during the day lor.

Hi Kidskidz / lilmoo... thanks. I'll go consider to get it. =)

At home today, cos my gal is sick..., have to take urgent leave on the first week back to work. =(

Hi Suiching,
my gal latches on at night, so watever is left aint a lot. Plus I dun wake up in the middle of the night to express.. hee, lazy mum...

Today defroze a few packs of BM and realised that there are residue that feel sandy at the bottom of the milkbag...is it normal?

lilmoo, he's now 7.8kg.

Baby mum, i went to singapore baby at gleneagles.

ultraberry, dr ngiam says cos ridwind is actually like baking soda, its creates the gas and then baby will burp out, therefore its just to let mummy hear it and be assured!P heh...but yes, he's quite patient to talk to us..i finally see a PD who's willing to talk more lor, not like the TMC PD- like so robotic and uninterested in my baby and more ques...chey!

hmm, not sure leh...when fully defroze i used fingers to rub against the bottom of milkbag..it felt like sand...

Jas J - U may wanna consider the Pigeon Fridge to go.. no need to put whole bag in the fridge - just freeze the two panels in the freezer and pop them in the bag when u are off.. my bestfren last yr was this bag..wven when my fridge broke down.. i bot another one.. use one - freeze another one in my n'bours home.... can last up to 12hrs in the bag ur EBM.. can put in my avent manual pump on top too.. save space.. cost abt 59.90 in stores when not on promo

chocz... sand.. hmm.. usually lumps of milk can be found.. u may want to recheck

Wah .. KP.. Isaac is 7.8kg at how many months.. yes.. true.. u can know the signs of he having enuf by he pulling away frm our breasts / teats. happen to my boy... he is still not able to finish if i heat 60ml in one go.... will regugitate a bit also.. though he is a big boy.. though i will not know how much he drinks if on latching... but never 2 breasts... only 1 first... even at borth - in the initial days.. never drink much and my PD said as he was big.. he still had reserves in him
happy.gif

my boy lost out liao.. now to Isaac
happy.gif

Idaarshad,
thanks for the intro... sounds like this one is very worth it. I'll go check it out once my gal recovers... =) can't wait to get it. Right now, I have to take cooler box to and forth from work daily, is so bulky and heavy.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">Paging for ow_mummy (chelsey_alyssa) &amp; Idaarshad,
Yr cakes are here. Pls come dw and collect them asap eitherwise will end up in my stomach. Hee hee. Email send to you aridi</font></font>

Idah, see if you can make it today, if nt I keep aside first..

Jas J ... yup... worth it lah this bag.... go KP .. and at least have 10% off if you have the card
happy.gif
- no worries

tktotss... hahahaha.. ya rite .. in your stomach.. today hb have OT leh.. how to collect nite time.. scare too late for you.... maybe tomorow ok latest.. thanks babe.....

KP, you walked in just now to visit the PD?? Is the queue long?

TMC one hor.. really lousy. Long queue, kenna scolding.. and most of the milestones check are just basic qns asked by the admin girls.

I was there during baby's 2M 23days as bb was not feeding well. I asked them to "shun bian" do the 3M check up. The recept gave 1001 reasons WHY is it better I do it later and not now. She says it is NOT FAIR to fail my baby if he cannot do the test. Crazy leh.. I just wanna know if my bb is developing ok loh.. normal or not normal. She thinks its PSLE leh.. fail must go ITE or Normal Tech is it?

I think I've run out of my patience with SBCC! Time to move on to a PD that is good and not just focused on calculation how I should plan my vaccination and checkups so I will spend more.

lilmoo, u steady leh.. my hb and MIL asked me to change the teats so the milk flow faster.. so bb can drink better. Since bb small size, no choice loh.. must sacrifice my little bonding time with bb.

Good news, I managed to latch him on for abt 8min just now!! Yeah! So happy. He refused to drink from the bottle after that. Haha..

But then, he is running a fever now. So is drinking less. I need to latch him on so he will get more antibodies to fight those "virus"!!

Now I am quite nervous esp after reading Ian's story.. do temp checks bef and aft each feed. (paranoid mama)

Pravina, Dr Wee is actually a normal GP. But he is a good, patient and caring doctor.

He's at Healthway Punggol which is located in Punggol Plaza.
happy.gif

hmm..bb_mum n lilmoo, my bb is exactly the opposite of yours wor, she prefer latch on n refuse bottle all the time but my supply is reali very low so very often when my neh neh is empty she gets very frustrated, will start screaming n crying..she oso need to depend on my neh neh to fall asleep ah..
she refuse pacifier as well, so very difficult for my MIL to take care of her whenever i m out..

anybody wan order from Cheung choon?

pigeon hand n mouth wipes small packs(2 individuals)...
pigeon antibacterial blue pack standard size pack-$3.60...

baby mum, they initially told me hor, ok lor, u come in at 930am, then put me on hold, told me cannot liao, dr ngiam very packed and not feeling well, so no slot, come tomorrow. i say can't make it tom, then they said then u have to wait lor...therefore i went expecting to wait a long time. But i waited only 10-15 mins and my turn liao..hubby even went to park at botanical gardens but i asked him to turn back and park at gleneagles instead..

Yah lor, TMC long queue and the PD cannot offer good advice and not interested summore..

Anyone bought Pikkolo and have the 10% discount for the next purchase?? Can i have it? Very expensive item leh. Thinking hard now. Not buying from overseas cos by the time the item come don't know bb how old liao. It's a now or never thing. I have a Ergo anyone interested to buy over? Cos Ergo can't face out.

mousy
if i don't remember wrongly i bought this model.
http://www.fridge-to-go.com.sg/ftg_1200S.htm
can last at least 8 hours with no problem. i've used it for almost 2 years.

jas
hope your girl feel better soon.

baby_mummy
can't recommend any resort lah, i've never been there. this few days hb and i were looking at a few places, feel like getting away for a long weekend lor, so was checking out bintan and a few nearby places. i remember reading on 8 days clubmed is very highly rated for families. 8 min is a start, hope he'll latch longer each time.

yvonne
if your bb wants to latch, by right should stim your ss hor? for me if i just pump i cannot sustain my ss.

I think due to the teat fast flow, my boy when he latch nowadays seem to bite my nipple then dislatch, bite dislatch, so frustrating. Only when he is drowsy then he can latch but then he also can't fully drain my breast.

Thought of changing to a slower flow but he suck and suck till he frustrated dun want drink no choice have to give him fast flow else he dun drink.

BB_mummy, my case like same as yours.

Yvonne, have you tried NUK pacifier?

I can imagine... coz I also nurse very often during the first month. Since MIL is taking over, we started with pacifier from 2nd month onwards. It is certainly more convenient BUT it has another set of problems.. eg need to keep stuffing the ni tu in every time it falls out when he gets agitated when sucking to soothe himself.

It's a good thing your bb can latch! Like what lilmoo is doing, if you really wanna convert him to bottles, it can be done but got to be very "hen xin". Since you are a SAHM, let her enjoy the luxury of latching!!
happy.gif

mousy_pig, if I didn't move him too much and he regurgitate milk, and he refused the bottle/breast, then I think the tummy is full. Tummy can be full or gas or milk. Looks like we share the same problem hor?? Glad to know I am not alone!!!

Lilmoo, hee u also checking out ya?? I think I will book angsana resort. Looks very nice and price diff is not much.
happy.gif
U bringing bb along?

KP, what are the charges like for Singapore Baby clinic at glenE?

babymum, first time consultation is 107. 2nd time onwards 60 up...which is similar to the one at TMC loe...why u need to see PD ah?

babymummy, Elizabeth Kids Clinic. Sorry bout the massage session again, we schedule for 2 weeks from now when my visitors leave?

bb_mum, i got the NUK pacifier for her when she was only 1 week old but until now she hasn't reali use it yet, we have been trying but everytime she will push it out..
now very headache, almost every feed oso got to latch her until she is drowsy then slip in the bottle teat..

<font color="0000ff">mousy pig:</font> No lah, I dun hv FTG. Fr office I bring home frozen EBM in an Andersens of Denmark's ice-cream cooler bag -- small oval one whc I can also dismantle my Avent Isis manual pump and kp inside. I dun use ice-bricks either, juz 2-3pcs of gel cooler packs I got fr Daiso. I had to pick up B1 fr IC then so I'd drop off the EBM there for her to drink the next day. Trip fr office to her IC was abt 20mins by cab.

<font color="aa00aa">pravina:</font> Yeah, B1 is stl @ the CC up the hill. The CC can tap into the bldg's facilities so the kidz got swimming lessons (infants who can stand go for 10-15mins waterplay), run @ tennis courts, enjoy @ the playground (also use the one @ ur office there). Lilmoo also thinking of sending her B1 there
happy.gif
bt now H1N1 so no Open House. U juz call and fix appt to view. Tell them u know me
wink.gif

<font color="ff0000">Isetan Anniversary Sale Update:</font> It's on til 2mr for Card Mbrs to enjoy extra 10% on certain brands. NUK, Pigeon &amp; Nuby had 20% + 10% extra for mbrs. Avent onli 10%... Didn't buy much coz ordered quite a bit fr online sellers lately. Instead juz picked up new straw cup for B1...

<font color="ff3399">bb-mum, i love mayang sari! kiki i stayed in seaview, seahorse room i think.. its got those canopy king size bed, then the bathtub also clean n got pebbles on toilet floor type. kiki me n mr bon's first trip as bf/gf last time

then last yr i stay nirwana resort hotel, not bad too, alil boring cos within resort nothing much, the buffet not bad.. room is nice n clean also.. but those tile flooring..

u must book the spa before going ok?? both trips i book in spore n book the timeslot i want, went there could start imm, my colleagues din book and reach there all day slots full! kiki.. just call ur travel agent, they can send u catalogue of services..

i like the asmara spa in mayang sara, now change a name i cant recall.. can see from the Nirwan Gdns webby.. </font>

Back