(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

*Waves to Lenny!! Hope yr hubby is feeling ok... ;)

Jo's mummy n Sinmey,

Thanks!! Wow, if can only speak Malay n play 4fit... I sure pengZ.... Lolx.....
happy.gif

Jo n Sinmey,

which part of Malaysia r u from? I dun have many friends from malaysia n I always feel it's a place with lots of variety of food and nice pple! Also, I feel that they are very talented n can speak many lang! Really impressed by their services which is why I like traveling there. ;)

Jenn... & moms..

if u have indonesian maids.. no point learning or speaking bahasa melayu or Malay language.. cos they might not understand,...

they speak Bahasa Indonesia.. some words are different totally..

for example.. Crab - Kepiting (Indonesian Language) but if memory servs me right.. Its called Ketam in Malay.

so what u need to learn to reduce frustration in communication is bahasa indonesia.. not bahasa melayu..

I almost forgot about the BD bash event! I will transfer payment tonight..
confirm:

Hubby + me + Isaac + Isabelle +(maid KIV but not eating)

indo,
yea, it's slightly different from malay, but at least the basic one still can understand lar .. the same word also pronounce differently.. So not u know who is the best indo teacher in this thread ..

Lenny, wan to organise class ?

Jenn,
i am from Mersing, a small fishing village in east Johor .. if u take ferry to Tioman island, you should heard about it... or if u heard the recent Boat overturn tragedy to Kelong near Sibu island, it's near my hometown too .. dunno got very nice food there or not, coz i always eat at home when i go back .. haaa .. but confirm seafood are FRESH n nice ...
Jo's mummy is from Segamat, located at west johor if i am not wrong ..

Sinmey...

heheh... i am not qualified to teach Bahasa Indonesia.. i CMI ..

was here since i was 7 yrs old.. i kinda understand but i don't speak much the language myself..

there are self taught language lessons materials available in bookstores.. that might help..

Lizy,
Thanks for suggesting on the bookshelves.. we are going down to Ikea to check them out.. considering on hensvik series cos Bree's room is really tiny

Back from gynae monthly check up, gained 3kg since last month's visit, gynae scold, say gain too fast, have to slow down for CNY, hahaaa how is that possible? Heheee *nom nom* pineapple tarts

Hi mummies,

STOMP reporter has just contacted me and will publish my story before cny. The agency name may likely be published together as they did not render help to contact the family members of the maid or offer any help to me.

Strawberrys,

Wah... i feel sad for u. Think there's a lot of problems having a maid at home though sometimes they are necessary evil. But i can imagine the mental torture plus the sudden loss of help. Wonder if ur maid is still in Singapore. Do u keep their passport for them or they keep their own passport?

Hi Asura79,

The passport and wp was with the agency but we went to collect it for safekeeping last evening as we couldn't trust that the agency will inform us once they found her.
I saw my story in Stomp but alot of idiots take It like a joke... They tot that I left the $ lying around and didn't keep it under lock and key, maybe that's why gave awful remarks like ' it's my fault.. etc' I think the better way for me is to write to the Singaporemaidblog. Stomp is useless.. like an entertainment channel for laughs.
Anyways, maybe that maid already back home enjoying her mini fortune by going back using illegal means/ got accomplice to help her escape/ hide/ escape to msia/ etc.
Right now I'm trying to psycho myself to take this as a lesson learnt, thank god that my family is unhurt and that I shld not stay so miserable and affected but to be happy that she has ran off instead and not spoil my cny.

Strawberry, I saw the comments... They are so irritating... Dun think so much now... Prepare for a happy Chinese new year... Jia you...
happy.gif

Jenn, u expecting w no 3? congrats...
happy.gif

strawberry79, try to find other means eg. temp cleaner or getting ur mom or mil to help out. It will be very stressful if you got to handle 2 kids all by yourself in such a situation.

i guess your maid probably doesnt care abt her passport. i have a relative's maid ran away with $$ and her passport, but after a few months, a guy called my relative and said if she wants the maid back, give him dunno how much. from there, we knew she was working as an illegal prostitute since the day she ran away, quite sad thing right? anyway, that's what they chose to be. Your maid cant be better off right now i believe.

My past maid ran away during midnight, found by police and they sent her to my agency. she maligned my mil of abusing her. actually she ran away becos she brought her hb's "never wash before" shorts along. the pair of shorts was so smelly and she needed to smell it to sleep, my mil worried that bedbugs might came again, so scolded her and threatened to send her back if she doesnt wash it. haizz... so many stories about these indo maids.. hope you feel better reading my post...

Hi devil / kris,

I felt better today as compared to thursday. At least I dun feel choked by emotions already and seems to have gotten over the shock that she had done such a thing.

Today is the 6th day and still no news... Wonder where she has gone. Will they find her? I was just telling hub, who knows on cny first day we'll get a call frm police to say that they found her? By taking that money she give herself more inconvenience or trouble than to us.

Anyway our lives goes on... and I'm determined not to let this
incident spoil our cny.
Thanks for your comforting words
happy.gif

strawberrys79,

Good that u are feeling much better now. Maybe better that it happened before CNY than during CNY.
happy.gif

wah.. our thread suddenly so quiet again. It's been wet and gloomy. Already not very looking forward to CNY liao... now the gloominess sets in more.. heh...

Hi Asura79,
I kinda agree with it. It will be worse if it happened on cny or after that. At least before cny I could say rabbit year will be a better one for me.

I think the rain stopped already. 3 days of rain I dun think it ever happen before. Can't remember when's the last time it rained like that.

Btw our 2 yr old bash is going to proceed right?
happy.gif

i think is confirmed. becos yiyi confirmed and ilyena says shes going. so total is 15 kids already... have to check with seabreeze

strawberrys79,

3 days of rain happened before on an xmas many years back cos i remember cursing and swearing as i made my way out from work.. hahaha..
Unfortunately, weather reports says thunderstorm to be expected for the rest of the week so though the rain has stopped, i keep my fingers crossed

Asura79,

Cant imagine if there is a downpour on first day of cny. Will further dampen the mood leh.

Re: preschool
Hy will be starting playgroup on 15 feb but I am thinking whether to let him start on 01 mar instead. He will be going for the half day pm session at a cc near our home.

Hi Mummies,

Happy new year to you and your families!
The tiger year is one with good and bad happenings for me. Shall leave the bad behind and look ahead for the good.
May the rabbit year be a prosperous, healthy and happy one
For you.

Hi sung,
Thanks for your kind words.
I'm sure it will be.
Happy new yr to u and yr loved ones
happy.gif

Strawberries, the tiger year also no good for me leh... I got warning letter from my boss for things I didn't do... Went to hr but he is on my boss's side... Said I took too many days mc, hl, etc... Affect work performance... Said I cannot do my work, cannot communicate with others, no team work, etc. I said my colleagues can vote my work in both quantity and quality... My colleague said he is picking on me only... Then my hr said i have to change to adapt to my boss's working style.. Said he is a china man, I can on,y say yes, cannot say no.. Cannot argue back or talk back... Even if I dun agree and his way of working is incorrect, I also have to accept it... I must wait till his mood is good and even if his mood is good, I cannot say straight... I must go in a big round bush and hint him... So terrible...

Hope this rabbit year will be a good year for me too... Hahaha...

Hi Devil,

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure rabbit yr will be better for u.
Terrible to have such a boss. Can totally understand how u feel. Used to have a female boss who married late but no
Kids... Penalized me for having kid. During hy's time she cut
Short my ml and made me go back at 2.5 mths. Then
during appraisal she discriminate me telling me I'm not ready for promo becos I've a kid. Wth lor. Was so demoralized.
Right now I've a gd male boss with 3 kids. He's much better than the female one. During the appraisal last yr, he told me to venture out after 1 - 2 yrs as it will be better for me as he knows I wasn't given the chance (co is family biz) He even said I'll go far. But too bad I've decided to quit and be sahm.
Just hang on, he'll leave soon. Dun quarrel just follow how he wants u to work.

devil - whats yr chinese sign? if rooster then prolly wun be good yr liao... heh... rooster, rat and 1 more.. cnt recall which animal.. not so good... this yr... sigh

Strawberry, ur female boss so jialat.. But normally if female is normal... Ur male boss is so good... My boss is a 50 year old man with 3 kids already... His eldest I think in ns and youngest only 10 years old... And am working with him for 10 years already... So I would expect he understands... but too bad lah.. I just say yes and ok to everything till I get a job...

Candace, yeah.. Am a rooster born in 1981... Fan tai Sui Loh... Rooster always kena... But last year tiger year never fan tai Sui is worst...
sad.gif

Hi Devil,

Worked for him for 10 yrs... Wow!
I only worked with that lady boss for 2 yrs. A very driven and unreasonable boss with a plastic smile.

Two Year old Celebration
Date: 27th feb 2011 (Sun)
Time: 11am - 1pm
Venue: Little O'Zone @ Orchid Country Club (Next to Orchid Bowl)

http://www.orchidclub.com/moby/cms/contactus/map.html

Confirmed
1) strawberrys79 + HY + HK + maid
2) missycandy / hb / kirsten
3) asura/bb C
4) Seabreeze + HB + SH + YC
5) Jennifer79 + Hubby + Jermaine + Jovia + maid
6) jo's mummy + Jovin + hubby
7) pinkdemoness + Elixir
8) Lenny & Bree
9) Lizy / hb / Vera
10)Fatfish + BB
11)Prosper + BB
12) Yiyi + HB + Isaac + Isabelle

Pending Confirmation
1) Sharlin + Janelle (tentative)
2) ilyena/ hub / alysa (kiv)
3) Pumpkinseed + BB
4) Daphne C Kang + BB

The party is confirmed and I will be going down to make the deposit this sat.

Mummies who have yet to make payment, pls proceed to do so.

Per child who is attending the party - $22
Per adult who is eating - $11

Two Year old Celebration
Date: 27th feb 2011 (Sun)
Time: 11am - 1pm
Venue: Little O'Zone @ Orchid Country Club (Next to Orchid Bowl)

http://www.orchidclub.com/moby/cms/contactus/map.html

Confirmed
1) strawberrys79 + HY + HK + HB (Paid $44)
2) missycandy / hb / kirsten
3) asura/bb C
4) Seabreeze + HB + SH + YC
5) Jennifer79 + Hubby + Jermaine + Jovia + maid
6) jo's mummy + Jovin + hubby
7) pinkdemoness + Elixir
8) Lenny & Bree
9) Lizy / hb / Vera (Paid $44)
10)Fatfish + BB
11)Prosper + BB
12) Yiyi + HB + Isaac + Isabelle (Paid $44)
13) ilyena/ hub / alysa (Paid $44)

Pending Confirmation
1) Sharlin + Janelle (tentative)
2) Pumpkinseed + BB
3) Daphne C Kang + BB

The party is confirmed and I will be going down to make the deposit this sat.

Mummies who have yet to make payment, pls proceed to do so.

Per child who is attending the party - $22
Per adult who is eating - $11

You can TT to POSB Savings 193-13734-2

Hi mummies!

Anyone keen to get a set of this DVDs?
"Bee Bright First Steps with Justin Fletcher"
My boy loves the trailers he's catching on YouTube and I find it very educational as well. The company is willing to ship it to me free if I get more than 1 copy so am looking for like-minded mummies to save on the cost
happy.gif

You can try out the trailers on YouTube or read more on the company's website below. Msg me if anyone keen!
happy.gif

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKoU-cy-0OI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.beebright.co.uk/shop/bee_bright_DVDs.html

Hi Seabreeze,

Sorry am still discussing with hubby on how to celebrate for Jovin as might celebrate on 27th Feb (Jo's bday is on 3rd Mar).

Will confirm with u before 15th feb n pay de deposit to u.

thanks!

Hi Seabreeze..

Got your message.. apologies for the delay.. we are currently clearing our storeroom and stuff around the house..

kinda tied up before hubs leave for work next thu... will try to transfer by this weekend..

Pai seh...

Back