(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Happy New Year TO all mummies & BBs here!

A.fireangel
Haha i like ur've fun getting wet!' My bb loves to bath/play with water. I ll juz use the shower head and spray water on her from e head.she ll sit down on e floor and 'pat pat' e floor making me wet as well!

donroxx
I use the same method as u when bathing her in e am.But evening time, will juz let her stand and bath her quickly using shampoo & body foam.

MsCandy
Ur BB still sick? poor thing..hope she gets well real SOOn.

sung: i will use a tub of water with 2 drops of soap n after i m done with everything, i will bring him to shower point n rinse off..initially he is scared of the sprinkle but later grew to love it cos he laughs so much...

think maybe u let Ethan experience the shower tap by showering his hands first or let him see u fill his tub with the shower head...let him know its harmless...alternatively u can use yr hands to cover the outlets of the shower head thus the pressure wont be so great...hths

My boy's lunch time is ard 12 plus, will clash with play gym, so wondering when/ where to feed him.

Pigpig,
U going to the playgym? Long time no see ur gal!

Re bathing,
My still bathing him in his bathtub with just a few drops of soap.

Feeding Milk:
Mummies, are any of u letting BB hold own bottle and lie on bed with big pillow to drink on his own with supervision? I'm still carrying him to drink his milk when not latching and feeling the strain.

Goat Milk:
Any mummies letting their little ones drink goat milk cos its easier to digest than cow milk? Also it is known to be closest to BM. Am considering this when weaning my boy off BM.

sung, can try shower visors? They sell them everywhere.

New baby shop at Marina Square called BabyBaby, has some new products. Bought a sippy cup but she completely rejected it
sad.gif

Had my cake this weekend from www.havenbakery.blogspot.com . Very cheap at $160 for 4kg. But that's cos the decor is not as nice as the fondant ones. Taste was very good though. Light sponge with fluffy cream and lots of fruit pieces. Has good feedback on it overall. The baker is a SAHDad and was really nice.

20 Mar at Gymboree Think alfafa mentioned the free play is restricted to 20-25 babies but she had asked if a few extra are ok. As she's starting her job today, I don't think she'll be able to answer so soon. Anyone who is free can call Gymboree Tanglin Mall to ask.

Seabreeze
Got any spare tEething tablets to sell me ?? Need it urgently ..

Hi mummies
long time nv post here to chat .. Happy Chinese new year !

Bathing : I'm more or less still bathing Tristan in the bathtub

RE : Bathing

I bath him twice a day. I still carry him in my arm to wash his head/hair, afraid water will go into his ear. Then I ask him to stand & hold onto the pipe/toilet bowl cover while I soap & rinse before putting him into the bathtub.

Hello mummies,
This may be late but may you all have a fantastic Year of Tiger 2010!
happy.gif

It's been a while I last posted something here. I have been busy with work, exam, new year prep... and of course my very active Baby Vera. She's no longer the little one who can stay quietly in one place while I do my stuffs. Basically when she's awake, she's forever moving, exploring every corner that we forbid her from going. She's also very talkative and always make sure she adds a line or two in our conversation. But really we still can't figure out what she's trying to say... :p It's all baby language that only baby can understand. hahha.. But I love her sweet little voice. I'm now taking every opportunity to call her baby coz very soon, she'll no longer a baby but a toddler.. hehe..

Re: Bathing
I bathe Vera in bathtub twice a day. Soap and rinse her all inside bathtub. She likes to stand up while I bathe her but she can't stand on her own. She need to hold on to something... so she would always lean her wet body onto me making me all wet.

piggy - thanks babe! kirs has the runny nose on n off... went away but back again... plus im stil having slight cough so she also got it again lolx! so jialat. ho ho.

meebaby - thanks for the sms. appreciate it loads. will try.
happy.gif

bathing baby - we started letting her stand at the toilet bowl area to bathe few mths ago. she lurves standing there and hitting the cover. plus she chews on the wet hankie(great way for cleaning mouth & teeth! hahaha) she used to be afraid of the shower head... but past 2wks, shes been lurving it. she will play with the water. so whoever bathes her gets wet as well... then sometimes she will sit dwn n whack the water on the floor... my sequence is, i will wipe her face with the wet hankie... then i will pass it to her and she will chew on it.. then i will shampoo n wash her hair... then soap her body, arms n legs and wash it off...
happy.gif

Srcumpee,
wow, but do u still carry him while he holds his own bottle or u let u lie down on mattress? Does he fall asleep after drinking milk in this manner?

piggy - thanks babe! kirs has the runny nose on n off... went away but back again... plus im stil having slight cough so she also got it again lolx! so jialat. ho ho.

meebaby - thanks for the sms. appreciate it loads. will try.
happy.gif

bathing baby - we started letting her stand at the toilet bowl area to bathe few mths ago. she lurves standing there and hitting the cover. plus she chews on the wet hankie(great way for cleaning mouth & teeth! hahaha) she used to be afraid of the shower head... but past 2wks, shes been lurving it. she will play with the water. so whoever bathes her gets wet as well... then sometimes she will sit dwn n whack the water on the floor... my sequence is, i will wipe her face with the wet hankie... then i will pass it to her and she will chew on it.. then i will shampoo n wash her hair... then soap her body, arms n legs and wash it off...
happy.gif

sigh nw that she cn walk. she's "running" all ovr the plc! last night brought her dwnstairs to see the chingay procession near my plc... wahseh. she so kan cheong when walking she walked faster n faster -_-"

drinking milk - i leave her to hold her own bottle n drink. when she is done, she will chuck it aside n suck her pacifier. if she is really tired, she wil hold onto the bottle and sleep. i will tk it away n give her pacifier.
happy.gif

yeah, Ning has been holding her own bottle for a few months. She normally drinks on the couch, then will hand her bottle over to me when done and flip herself onto the floor. Haha, I find it so funny.
But feel a bit sad for myself. I was betting she would walk at least 5 steps unassisted by her 1st birthday. There's around 30 hours to go and she's managed only 2+2 so far. oops!

I'm wondering if I could join as well...
20 Mar at Gymboree
1) Alfafa + hubby + bb gracie
(2) ST + hubby + bb
(3) jo's mummy + bb
(4) jaszho + hubby + bb Javen
(5) Irene + hubby + bb Zac
(6) Mangogal + hb + bb Caroline
(7) Seabreeze + hb + BB (6 March) ----------> pls confirm if you are still coming.
(8) Pinkdemoness + BB Elixir
(9) starflower + bb Keenan + manny
(10) Sunshinebaby + Hb + BB
(11) minnie24 + hubby + BB Andrique
(12) Lenny, Hubby & BB Bree
(13) Piggysg + Hubby + BB Ryker
(14) babe kazooie + hubby + BB Shayna
(15) teddybaby + hubby + BB
(16) idlecat + hubby + BB
(17) Strawberrys79 + BB
(18) wintertime + hb + BB
(19) jacqueline + hb + bb jovan
(20) P.seed + bb Alaia
(21) meebaby + bb + hubby
(22) Meerkat + bb
(23) Daphne (crosailo) + baby ugin
(24) Jtho + small oli + big oli
(25) fatfish + bb
(26) Inya + hb + bb Violette
(27) Sharlin + hb + bb
(28) Sportyger + bb M
(29) lizy + hb + bb Vera

I did call up Gymboree Tanglin Mall jus now and they confirmed max. it's 25 but the stuff also mentioned that we can talk to the manager to see if special arrangement can be made. I didn't go further as I guess better let Alfafa to handle. Don't wanna mess up things. hehe..

Aside to Alfafa, sorry abt the trouble. Hope something can work out. hee..
happy.gif

teddybaby: i actually let my boy drink on the bed ever since he was born...i think i barely carried him to drink after 1 month old...so its easy to put him to sleep as he falls asleep while drinking his milk..cos its really taxing on the arms...

missycandy: wow, kirsten really so independent leh...i m still waiting for elixir to stand oon his own so i can save the trouble of filling up the tub with water...think i can follow u n allow him to chew on the wet hankie..was worried initially tat he will swallow the tap water...think i m just being over paranoid..hehe

By the way, if anyone was intending to have professional decor done for their parties, I'd like to recommend Party Factory @ Cluny Court 64664111. They did a really good job with the decor and have the skills to do lovely balloon arches, ceiling drapes, present shaped bouquets etc. They rent popcorn machines, candy floss etc at reasonable prices too.

pseed - hey babe. dun be upset. once she starts its gonna be reli tiring n problematic. kirs cnt stop. it gets to me at times. =p considering using the body ... erm... wassat called... harness! yeh.

pinkdemon - erm. i also drink tap water one. lol. sg's water is clean so not worried abt it. overseas then i wont let her drink it. but dont let it get too wet. might choke. i think she's too independent. she's a stubborn mule too. sigh.

pseed - ooo. popcorn n candy floss wld be great for them prolly few yrs time. will tk dwn the number though. merci beaucoup!
happy.gif

I oso let ryker to hold bottle when he was 8 months lying on the bed to drink his milk. But dun know y lately, he getting lazy to hold the bottle, i try to put his hand on the bottle but he pull away....
sad.gif
orelse he dun wan to drink.... very naughty

Hehee i can't wait for the Gymboree party on the 20
happy.gif
so many parties really looking forward and Happy Tiger Year everybody! Once all is over, how about a Big Baby Swim Party over at my place sometime in April for the babies Post-Birthday Party ! Whahahaaa :pPP

hi mommies
it's been a long time since i last log in.
Happy Lunar New Year to everyone!
happy.gif

re: drinking milk
envy those whose LOs hold the bottles themselves. I still have to hold the bottle for my gal, with her on my lap. And everytime must find something new for her to hold in her hands. I have given her all sorts.. from hair clips to watches to packet drinks to apples and oranges etc.. For the past one week she had blocked/runny nose so it made her milkfeed even more difficult. Her milkfeed dropped so much these few days. *sigh*

Re: bath time
I still carry her when washing her hair, and put her in the bathtub after that to wash her face and body. Read that some mommies put 2 drops of soap... i put about 4-5pumps leh.. is it too much? haha

re: birthday cake
i ordered my gal's birthday cake from pine's garden too.. will get to try it this sun - my gal's 1yr bash. But didn't get lychee martini cos there's alcohol content. Silly me, should have one tier lychee martini and the other tier non-alcoholic for children.

yuki - u have to try to break the habit of feeding on yr lap n holding. hehehe happy birthday to ur lil one! we ordering frm PG too. top tier lychee martini, bottom tier triple choc. kekeke. i wanted baileys!!! super yummie! but HB prefers lychee martini -_-" nvm. he pay let him decide. ho ho ho!

ah yes. before i forget. tmr is an important day for a few babies. hee

<font color="ff0000">Here's wishing Baby A/Ning , Ugin &amp; Gracie
A Blessed 1st Birthday!!!! Hope ya'l have fun &amp; be good !!! </font>

3655013.jpg

Hey Yuki, baby vera can also hold the bottle on her own while drinking milk but gotta depend on her mood. when she doesn't feel like holding the bottle, she's just like your lil one and I gotta keep her hands busy with something while drinking milk.. If I were to insist to let her hold the bottle, she'll end up playng with the milk bottle and spill the milk all over the place.. create more work for me.. But I guess sooner or later our babies can also drink the milk on their own just like other babies.
happy.gif

teddyBB
20th march is my naughty bb's birthday.will be celebrating at home. urs is 21st rite?

hee u gals enjoy e day ah, i m sure it ll be very fun..i gonna miss it again.
hope to see u gals soon

sorry sorry busy these days. yah they have mentioned several times that 25 is the absolute max their gym facilities can take in re babies. Parents have been factored in. But do keep your name there in case of last min drop-outs, which happen frequently anyway.

I do need to collect payment from the confirmed 25 this week. Or if someone can help with the payment it will be even better. Started work today and I'm rushing to get up to speed with a whole new market and sector in record time. Was in fact alerted to a potential work trip the week after next already. If anyone can help it will be even better. $20 per non member. $12 if your baby's membership is tied to tanglin mall.

lizy, you are more than welcome to take over. heeeee

Btw, babe kazooie, I'l pay on your behalf ok? Haven't paid you for lunch :p paiseh

gracie drinks on her own, unsupervised as well. She holds her own bottle well. but when she gets too distracted she will turn over and displace the bottle. She knows how to put the teat back in but she is too lazy to lift the bottle high up in the chest down position.

see ya on 20 march

Our Babies 1 Year Old Birthday Bash

Date - 3rd April 2010
Venue - Glendale Park Condo @ Hillview
Time - 12pm to 3pm

Attendees -

1. prosper, hb &amp; kayle
2. daphnecrosailo &amp; ugin
3. starflower, hb &amp; keenan
4. jtho, hb &amp; oli
5. asura, hb &amp; charlene
6. missycandy, hb &amp; kirsten

before i forget

Cny Gathering

Venue - Opposite Bukit Gombak Mrt
Date - Saturday 27th Feb 2010
Time - 12.30pm - 3pm

1. cf chang deex2 &amp; family
2. missycandy &amp; Kirsten
3. meebaby &amp; Chyng Shiuan

kiv
1. jo &amp; family
2. sunshinebaby &amp; family
3. piggysg &amp; family

Hello Alfafa, thanks for offering the 重任.
happy.gif
It seems that you really need a helper. But I've been MIA for quite sometime and out of a sudden I appear again and out of a sudden I wanna collect payment and I might or might not be going. What if I dissappear again after collecting the payment.. oh..oh... Heee.. Don't think other mummies will be comfortable with this arrangment also. heeee... perhaps other mummy whom most are more familiar with?
happy.gif

Date - 3rd April 2010
Time - 12pm to 3pm

Attendees -

4. jtho, hb &amp; oli
7. cindy, hb, travis &amp; trishelle

Date - 3rd April 2010
Time - 12pm to 3pm

Attendees -

4. jtho, hb &amp; oli
8. cfchangdee, hb, philson &amp; philston

We've got 2 1 yr old Baby Bash? Anyway, count me in.
happy.gif

Date - 3rd April 2010
Time - 12pm to 3pm

Attendees -

4. jtho, hb &amp; oli
8. lizy, hb &amp; vera

hi mummies,
thanks for the many feedback &amp; sharing on bb bathing
happy.gif

areya,
yeah, i dun tink j&amp;j is really hypoallergenic. tot it might be a bit harsh coz my bb scalp was flaky and i tot was still cradle cap until pd highlighted is bb dandruff, sensitive skin, n cld be due to bb bathe. tat's why i changed. who knows, next one i choose creates more prob in the rashes. so now is only clear water bathe.

pinkdemoness,
thanks, i'll try ur suggestion re. shower head. think must go slow, last time tried, he got phobia of bathing, cried everytime bathing time comes
sad.gif

re. bb bathe foam
any suggestions for suitable for sensitive skin bbs?

re. baby holding bottle
bb can hold on his own but always will let go after a few mins for his hands to wander around. same as yuki, must keep occupying him with toys and other stuff, else he'll just refuse the bottle and start wanting to sit up, sigh. feeding time = coaxing time hee :p

to all babies coming 1 year old birthday:
<font color="aa00aa">HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY.
May all of you grow up happy, healthy &amp; handsome/beautiful
happy.gif
</font>

We've got 2 1 yr old Baby Bash? Anyway, count me in.

Date - 3rd April 2010
Time - 12pm to 3pm

Attendees -

4. jtho, hb &amp; oli
8. lizy, hb &amp; vera
9. lingmama, hb(tbc) &amp; destinee

so fast wor.. 1 yr ler.. stil remb my girl wear the pink big red flower on her head wen attendin the 6mth bash.. oh no.. i so miss her nw..

missycandy, the CNY gathering on 27th Feb, the KIV for jo &amp; family is it me? if yes, I cant attend bcos will be celebrating bb Jo's 1st birthday on tat day.

bb Jo drinks on his own in his playpen, can hold the bottle with right hand while left hand will b busy touching here n there and get hold of anything nearby..his hand is just too busy..

bb Jo leanrt new things last week, he know ears, hair and nose, fan,birds..when we ask him where is ur ears he will touch his right ear..but when we ask him wher is ur nose, he will point to our nose instead..

now he is so curious of everything ard him..pointing here n there &amp; will make the " huuh huuh huuh" sounds..will wan us to bring him near the things he is pointing and touch it..

Hi Mummies,

Looking for ADVICE on weaning. I was on Total breastfeeding so far. my milk getting smaller and bb wakes up for nite feeding still.... so, would like to change to Fomula.

- Should I give it to Bottle or Sippy cup (w sprout)?
- When is good time to start, morning or afternoon or evening? usually, BB is very hungry in morning. not much interesting for afternoon. For evening, she takes it milk plus comfort.

Thanks for the advice in advance!

jo's mummy, great development for bb Jo!
happy.gif

For bb vera, she's able to respond to the nursery rhymes we sing to her. When we sing I'm a little teapot, she'll squat down and then tilt her head. When we sing Incy Wincy Spider she'll raise her hands. When we sing when you're happy.. She'll clap her hands.

and yes, she's also curious of everything. It's time we be careful of what we say and do coz our lil ones are picking up new things speedy fast now. ;)

count me in too!!!

Date - 3rd April 2010
Time - 12pm to 3pm

Attendees -

4. jtho, hb &amp; oli
8. lizy, hb &amp; vera
9. lingmama, hb(tbc) &amp; destinee
10. sunshinebaby, hb &amp; bryan

starflower
tat's a gd idea... been wanting to bring bryan for a swim... keep me updated if u r organising one in APR...

re: bathing
i still carry my boi while washing his hair, i used shower head to spray water to clean his hair... aft tat i'll let him stand on the slip proof mat n apply the shower gel on him... use small bucket to wash away the shower gel b4 putting him into a small round pail for him to play with the water... tink gonna to train him to wash his hair while he's standing or sitting... at least more convenient for me... keke

re: hold his own milk bottle
my boi oso dun want to hold... he'll play with it if we let him hold on his own... like lizy said, to prevent the mess, i'll hold for him to let him finish the milk...

THks mummies for ur feedback on bb drinking milk on own. Gosh, I must have been really slow in training my boy on this cos the last few mths was concerned abt him not napping, not drinking enough milk etc and forgot abt training him to hold his own bottle. I tried to make him hold, but think he is lazy to do so.

Quick question: When they lie on bed/playpen to drink, do we need to prop BB head up with pillow as I'm afraid he will choke?

Posted on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 10:39 am:       
count me in too!!!

Date - 3rd April 2010
Time - 12pm to 3pm

Attendees -

4. jtho, hb &amp; oli