(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

seabreeze..

all ur items are mandarin wor.. i cannot make it..
sad.gif
hahahah
 


lenny, teddy,
hehe thanks babes. Pretty excited but naturally anxious about whether or not I can get the momentum back. Plus having mixed feelings over gracie. :p Am desperating scouting for a good infant care centre at the last minute. In hindsight, my mom would be the last resort as I don't want her to get too tired with so many grandchildren (4 incl. gracie) to take care of. But so far the nearby ones that fall within my budget and which received good reviews are all full. The other thing is that with an IFC you have to pick baby up on time, mostly by 7pm. OMG. That is as good as saying that we need to leave work by 6.20pm due to the traffic jam. I can count with my hands the number of times I have left the office within 20min of knock off time in the last couple of years. Hopefully my new boss would be understanding. I did state very clearly on the get go that I'm looking for a company that can offer me better work life balance and I won't apologise for it. That was my main condition and he accepted it. So I'm crossing my fingers that it's going to be different this time. Praying hard.

Lenny,
oh yes yes I am very keen on Julia Gabriels. In fact I tried calling the forum Galleria branch for a trial class before but the fella on the other end of the line sounded so damn rude and unhelpful I wanted to smack her in my head. So I didn't follow through in the end. Buay Tahan!

Prosper,
*pat pat* This is most likely just a growing phase. I believe Kayla will outgrow her preference towards your MIL and maid eventually. Chin up yah.
happy.gif
 
CONFIRMED - This Sat 1.15pm to 2.45pm
LAST 2 slots

SCH: BIBINOGS (Serene Centre)
CLASS: Bubbly Babes bilingual class (6mth to 17mths)
DURATION: 1.5hr
Cost: SGD48+ (forgot the exact amount. Pre payment)
Min 4 max 8 with one parent per baby.

CURRICULUM:

The stage of learning through consistency and familiarity. This is also the best time for you to learn along with your child and help nurture his sense of security and attachment to the surroundings.

* Sensory explorations that stimulate all 5 senses by involving your child in puppetry, art & craft, music and rhythmic exploration, and story-telling
* Focus on building early motor skills such as ‘Mastering the Pincer’ (thumb and finger grip), honing the ‘baby body’ movements and hand-eye coordination
* 15 minutes Mandarin playtime to promote bilingualism
* Organic snack time
* Parental involvement required


Date: this sat
Time: 1.15pm to 2.45pm
Payment in advance.

(1)alfafa77
(2)Srumpee
(3)P.seed
(4)Daphne Crosalio
(5)Jtho
(6)Reserved for P.seed's friend
(7)
(8)

http://www.bibinogs.com/program.html
 
alfafa,
Ya, the gd IFC or CC usually full way in advance, gd biz to be in, haha. Btw, do u apply the sleep training method during Gracie's day time nap as well?
 
alfafa
bryan only 10 mths+, too young for him to attend?
can swap parent during break?

<font color="0000ff">CONFIRMED - This Sat 1.15pm to 2.45pm
LAST 2 slots

SCH: BIBINOGS (Serene Centre)
CLASS: Bubbly Babes bilingual class (6mth to 17mths)
DURATION: 1.5hr
Cost: SGD48+ (forgot the exact amount. Pre payment)
Min 4 max 8 with one parent per baby.

CURRICULUM:

The stage of learning through consistency and familiarity. This is also the best time for you to learn along with your child and help nurture his sense of security and attachment to the surroundings.

* Sensory explorations that stimulate all 5 senses by involving your child in puppetry, art &amp; craft, music and rhythmic exploration, and story-telling
* Focus on building early motor skills such as ‘Mastering the Pincer’ (thumb and finger grip), honing the ‘baby body’ movements and hand-eye coordination
* 15 minutes Mandarin playtime to promote bilingualism
* Organic snack time
* Parental involvement required


Date: this sat
Time: 1.15pm to 2.45pm
Payment in advance.

(1)alfafa77
(2)Srumpee
(3)P.seed
(4)Daphne Crosalio
(5)Jtho
(6)Reserved for P.seed's friend
(7)
(8)

KIV
sunshinebaby

http://www.bibinogs.com/program.html</font>
 
seabreeze,
was just at relish at cluny court today. Fabulous. Love going on wed as I get to have dessert plus a kick ass burger for $15 before taxes. Love their burgers.

cindy,
how much is the playdays trial. Interested! keep me posted

Jacqueline,
thanks for sharing! Looking forward to bibinogs though I must say that the trial class is expensive. :p

2nd kindermusik trial?

Hey I heard that at Kindermusik we are allowed to have 2 trial classes per kid. Think our babies were far too young to really leverage on the last trial. Time for another trial class?? Interested?

meebaby,
wow your description for the baby pasta sounds so de-lish that even I want to eat. Is it that we have to use bellamys? Normal pasta are not suitable?

Jo,
I use kraft regular (i.e.not low fat ones) sandwich cheese

agnes,
wow next week unlikely liao. but WELCOME back nonetheless!

thu swensens at Vivo 12.30pm.

Alfafa
seabreeze
babe
kome
meebaby
Mangogal
Inya

Hey I might be at vivo earlier to do some shopping. Text me if you are early too
 
agnes
i'll be on leave next thu...
can meet up but i'm staying amk area... u oso stay nearby? if yes, can meet up @ amk hub... ^_^

or any mummies ard amk available to meetup?
 
teddy,
nay didn't try for day time naps thought I did achieve total success with her night time sleep. I read that day time will take a much longer time to train than night time so I don't even want to try. :p You try and let me know ok? Teehehehe

yah boy. Hubby and I also talked about it before. ANY IFC is bound to make money one lor, even if it doesn;t have rave reviews. By virtue of the fact that demand is greater than supply the business cannot go wrong. But then we have no interest in running an IFC so it was just casual talk only.

Sunshine,
huh no no not to young. Mine is 11mth 1 week and a bit but Jtho's is less than 11 mths too. Basically our babies are born round about the same time so it should be pretty fun.
happy.gif
 
should be able to swap lah. it is 1.5 hr long after all. I'm also thinking of the same. Then I can sneak over to Island Creamery to have my ice cream fix. lols
 
eh something completely random and unrelated and totally bimbo-tic

Guess what I just bought? Heeeeee I received my fringe extension (like a wig lah) this afternoon. Finally tried it just now and OMG I looked younger by a couple of years suddenly, possibly 5-6 years if you stand a bit further away so you don't se my dry skin and wrinkles. LOLs

but my hubby cannot take it. Says I look like "Xiao Nu Hai" (little girl). Have been wondering for years how I would look with bangs and finally I know. So tempted to buy a full head wig to try. Maybe surprise him on Valentine's day. LOLs
 
the other thing is

just busted $420 on refresher driving course and I am finally able to park!!! Hallelujah!!! yes yes without poles and inbetween real cars. Hahahaha

Piece of cake now in fact ... ermm ... assuming that there are no cars around to pressurise me lah. Takes me a while to remember the steps though.

My pte instructor is the best! even better than the school instructor imo, and I already had great school instructors who taught me well enough to pass on my first test. PM me if you need his no.
 
alfafa
icic... then include me in... let me know how much to pay, pay u or direct to the school?

island creamery ice-cream is nice?? then i must try coz ice-cream is my fav!!! yummy!!!

congras!!!
i oso need to refresh my driving... tink more than 5 yrs didn't drive lor... lolx
then u guide me since u juz 'mastered', easier to teach beginner like me... kekeke
actually my parking skill very lousy one...
 
meebaby,
the cheese pasta sounds good! I have yet to try cheese cos not sure how to melt the cheese..Thought I have to use the oven to melt it. Din know can just put the cheese on hot veg and it will melt.

alfafa,
Thanks!

sun,
I stay all the way in the west..nearest shopping is Jurong Pt. Aiyah, no chance for my boy to meet up with babies his age.

Any mums brought their babies to the zoo or bird park? Will be bringing my son to the zoo when we are back. My boy is very keen on animals so we would want to show him the actual ones rather than from books alone.
 
srumpee oh yah oh yah. I call tomorrow to confirm the amount ok. Think she mentioned 48 something.

Jacqueline,
I drove my pte instructor's car for the last 5 classes. 5 sessions because it's obvious I need more than2 or 3 sessions. hehehe

I will have an extra class on fri using my own car as my car is jeep like and very different from his toyota vios. :)

Exp lah. $70 for 1.5 hr session. His normal driving class is only $25 an hour I think. But it seems like the ones I called all quoted much higher for refresher classes because we only need a couple of lessons.
 
alfafa,
Haha! actually recently, he can sleep on his own in his cot during day nap, but not totally on his own in that I lie down on a mattress near his cot...usually abt 3 hrs after his last wake up time from nap. I will close my eyes and rest while he plays in his cot...think in at most half hr, he will be asleep
 
Alfalfa..

I also agree with u about the staff there.. the lady who attended to me for preview is also rude.. and gave me a black face..

then another auntie who attend to us when we sign up also.. she asked us to pay installments and give me that kind of look.. ( dun mean to brag.. and never have the intention) i told her i can pay off for the term now on the spot then she changed her attitude..

anyway they got a telling off from me cos they spell Bree's name incorrectly..

and after i knew their "style".. i just use my usual business tone..to talk to them.. use proper english, low tone and sound serious.. not the usual tone that i talk to my friends
 
agnes
wow... so far fr amk... mayb next time when u back for gd... ^_^

wintertime brought her boi to zoo recently, mayb u can chk out w her...
 
sunshinebaby,
wow my hubby will laugh until pengsan if he knows that someone is actually askinh me to teach lor. He thinks that my driving is CMI (cannot make it!). Yah yah can can I can tell you his method for parking. But I am a bit confused now. Think I will ask him to draw some diagrams for me as I am starting to confuse myself with the different methods for different situations. :p

yes island creamery ice cream is very nice. And it is one of the cheapest premium ice cream I can find in Singapore. That's all on weekdays it is almost always jammed pack with students. :p

their bobo hitum flavor is very nice. But nicest ice cream imo is none other than UDDERS at the building next to UE Square. Their Mao San Wang ice cream seriously makes you think that you are eating the Mao San Wang durian itself! My durian connoiseur (sp?) friends said the same
 
Alfalfa..

I also agree with u about the staff there.. the lady who attended to me for preview is also rude.. and gave me a black face..

then another auntie who attend to us when we sign up also.. she asked us to pay installments and give me that kind of look.. ( dun mean to brag.. and never had the intention) i told her i can pay off for the term now on the spot then she changed her attitude.. Blurrdy hell

anyway they got reprimanded by me cos they spell Bree's name incorrectly.
 
teddybaby,
wow that is very good already. It is still a nightmare to get her to nap during the day. Aiiiiiiii

lenny,
Ahhhhhhhh you are the 3rd person to tell me the same too. That JG staff all one kind one lor. Super a-tas. Cannot take it.
 
Cindy

Keep me posted on playday. im interested as its really close to me.
happy.gif
thanks

Alfafa
would love to see how bibinogs is like but then the timing is not right for andrea. she takes her nap from 11.30 to 1.30. let me know how it goes.
 
victoria,
ok no problem. How nice that baby has a day time routine. If only gracie could sleep like this too.

Seabreeze,
I want to buy this 金色童书名家精选(全12册) Golden Classic ~ $24. this is pre-order?
 
sunshine baby,
thks, i will check it out.

Alfafa,
I hv not driven for at least 10 yrs. I think i need more lessons. My husband wants me to drive his 7-seater and bring baby ard. Aiyo. I think baby wont be safe. Haha. Now, i can tell him that refresher course is very expensive and maybe he will give up on that idea. heehee
 
Alfafa..
Can can the normal ones will do also lol.. but I love the vegan macaroni from Bellamy's because they looked so colourful and taste is lil special! i pour some of that on her bowl and she'll start doing the pincer movement and they kept slipping out from her fingers..
nice to watch while she's doing that.. It's also funny seeing her bending down to lick gerber puffs from her bowl too when she has the puffs in her hands already and she can't lick the puffs off from her fingers = 'pek chek' :D

mi bad lah laugh at her for some time but not doing anything to help :p cos also wanna torture her abit for not giving me sleep or being difficult haha.
 
Agnes..

Cheese take out to de chill first and how i warm it i place it on top of my hot water flask for some time after that the warm cheese will melt nicely on pipping hot vegetables.. im lazy to cook it lah n don't want to steam too cos it will become even more saltish :p
 
aiyo if face such attitudes i don't even wanna sign up for the classes man despite they having good curriculums and all that or baby enjoys the class.. cos if me as mum also must enjoy paying to a service provider without having a black face or horrible attitude slapped to me..

anyway it's just me thinking like that.. no offence hor..
happy.gif
 
Oh ya Agnes.. will love going to the zoo too let me know when you are going ya..although I have pets at home and nowadays she kept terrorising his cage.. duh.
 
meebaby,

i get where u are coming from.. heheh.. for me.. i sign in first.. then complain about the particular staff.. (Revenge is oh so sweet,.. muahahaha..)I know i can be really bad.. but hey i won't be able to do it if i am not given a chance.. its kinda they ask for it...
 
Hi everyone,

My 10 mth old bb (born on 26th march) refused porridge and is still only on cereal. How? Tried all kinds of porridge for 3 mths alry....
 
meebaby,
oh cool! will try with my existing pasta then. So excited. :D

eileen,
try rice? soften it with some soup or plain water. Try just a teensy bit first to see how baby takes to it. For porridge, I assume you have tried the teochew style? I mean like what we adults eat. Try adding grinded dry anchovy powder? Haven't tried that myself but I imagine that will taste very de-lish.

You can always try out the pasta recipe in the earlier posts. Looks fabulous.

OR ... this might sound gross but to get your baby to willingly sample porridge you could try adding a bit of cereal to the porridge, so that the porridge will have a familiar cereal taste. Then gradually reduce the amount of cereal mixed in with the porridge until he can take porridge on its own. Hope this works.

Can also try draining the water from your porridge and adding your BM or FM to it.
 
hi eileen ang..

I am facing the same situation with you.. i have no luck with porridge (fresh silver fish &amp; carrots, beef &amp; carrots, beef &amp; pumpkin, threadfin, Chicken) but do get the bonus with cereal.

Bree loves nestle's oatmeal with prunes.. the purple box.. sometimes she does eat her cereal combinations with purees.. i tired combining pumpkin, beef and potato in puree and add into her baby cereal.. she likes it.. although.. still depending on her mood to finish every meal.
 
Alfafa
I will be going to Vivo early too. Wanna go to Singpost and get canon shop also to buy something.
 
sunshinebaby,

Bree is running a temperature on Tuesday.. its on and off although her highest is 37.5 Deg Cel.

brought her to PD yesterday and was told that she got flu. didn't let her go for her class.. don't want her to infect the other babies and need her to rest.

Bibinogs Trial:
I already went on my own before i signed up at JG.. was sourcing around for playgroup to let Bree socialise and "force" me to get out of the house regularly. hehehe..

i am happy with her at JG after seeing her enjoy in class.. so far.. all her classmates &amp; their mommies are nice.. er... except for one very anti-social, black faced and defensive mommy..

she always stand at the back.. looking over at the group very sternly and cross her hands. hehe..

other than that.. all the mommies and the maids, and yes.. 2 grandmas (who brought their grand daughter to class) are very friendly
happy.gif


i do look forward to going their sessions
happy.gif
 
alfafa - congrats on getting yr driving skills back...hehe...at least its worth paying for me...not like moi, i paid like 1k+ for driving lessons and tests and ended up not obtaining my licence in the end. A waste i know.

Lenny - i think u can try the pasta stars from bellamy. Cook it a while longer than the recommended time till it becomes mashy. It actually "breaks down" easily. And i agree that revenge is sweet! kekeke...

Thanks for the tips on the cheese baked rice mummies...it sounds really yummy just from the thoughts of it. So far i onli make cheese sauce with veg/meat/fish for my boy. I think melting cheese over the rice sounds yum yum...

enjoy the gathering at vivo..i sure missed out alot.

and yes yes, the trials. i wish to go but they are too way out for me =(

CNY is coming, another swoosh of finances flowing out. At least this year got bb to recoup some of the losses. Haha.
 
wah lao talk about finances going out. I am super pissed off with my hubby. Early in the morning he went to retrieve something from the car and guess what he walked in with ... a spanking new (2nd hand but virtually untouched) emga size car exhaust pipe!!! $500 yes it is considered cheap but what the heck??? In the last one year plus that I didn't work, and when we have an extra mouth to feed he went on to spend like no body's business. In the last 15months since he had this car he has spent more than $6k on enhancements alone. In the last 8 mths alone he wacked $4k already on that stupid car. Average of about $500 every 2 mths and that's just on enhancements!!!

I know I know, for car siao people this is just spare change. But the circumstances was such that we took a huge, too huge a blow when I stopped work so it really was not the right thing to do.

Not as if I didn't give him chance to indulge being the sole breadwinner and all. He shopped like mad, and ate like a king for 3 grand weeks just 3 mths ago in the USA. Already burnt a hole in the family finances and he's still spending like there is no tomorrow. Am very very disappointed in him. I did the sums for him and told him the numbers and he looked very sorry himself. Looked only lor. I know him too well. Like a little boy sometimes. Aiiiiiiiiii

I am very careful even with spending on gracie and there he goes spending like a maniac on his fc*king stupid car when we cannot afford to.

I told him just now, I am not going back to work just so that you can spend even more now you know.

Damn it!


grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sorry early morning rant


Lenny,
going back on the mon (22 Feb) after CNY. Just 2 days before gracie's 1st birthday on 23rd.
sad.gif
So have to cancel our special day for her. Was initially thinking of taking her out to go go bambini or fidgets etc. Hubby also took leave specially for this. Bo bian.
 
Hey Alfafa,Kome or Seabreeze, later can one of you help me order my lunch?
I will reach ard 1 plus as I cant stay too long during office lunchtime but also want to maximise the catchup with u mummies
happy.gif


My order: Cottage Pie
happy.gif


ok back to work, yak later!
 
meebaby,
Let me see which day we are going to the zoo and I will let u know.
happy.gif
There's just too many things to do and eat when we are back. My hubby even ask me to plan itinerary so as not to waste any time..hahaha...
 
Hi Mummies

Am new to the March MTB forum here
Any birthday ideas for our little 1yr old?
I have been cracking my brains but still cant think of anything

Help! Thanks
happy.gif
 
mummies
any comment on this Thermoguard Contactless Infrared Thermometer?
Is this better or Braun ear thermometer?
 
lenny
aiyo... bree is sick huh... *sayang*
faster recover ok!!!

alfafa
u must tell yr hb, practise makes prefect!!! in future, yr driving skill might be much better compare to his lor... LOLx
so the sat trial class is confirm hor... text me if there's any chg or class cancellation in case i've no time to come in here to chk the thread...

re: spending
tink guys are either crazy abt car, figurines, camera etc etc
my hb is crazy on camera but now he'll consider longer b4 getting the model he wants compare to last time... keep changing model... tsk tsk tsk
 


alfafa - cool down ya..actually guys have only a few favourites to spend on...cars, electronics and women...yes women... =P here are the tangibles i'm talking about..notwithstanding the intangibles like travel, eat and drink.

as long as they don't go over the limit and they know what they are doing lor...like women spend on branded bags but we gotta control too, taking into consideration our finances as well..

at least u told him the current situation la...this will make him feel guilty right? keke...
 

Back
Top