report on Baby Whisperer for day 1.
She didn't snack or comfort suck today! I made it a point to only let her suckle when it's feeding time, which also means that she can now suckle for a full 25 to even 45min each time i.e. a full feed instead of 5-10min suckle every hour or hour and a half during the day time. Today, I managed to spread out her feeding times by about 2hr or more between the end of a feed to the start of the next.
This however means I have to spend more time entertaining her cos I no longer have the option to keep her quiet by latching her all the time.
She is not following a 3 hr or 4 hr routine, but then this is only day 1, so it probably too early to tell.
I think it also confirmed that my baby is just one of those who sleeps lesser than usual. She suggests the typical sleep sessions to be about an hour and half, while activity to be up to 45mins. My baby is the other way round. aiiiiiii
Lipstar,
I've replied your email re: ways to entertain babies.
Irene,
Oh oh oh finally someone else who is interested in a mei tai! Hey checkout babywearer which has thousands of babywearers giving their feedback and ratings of the various products/brands. In fact, if you are into mei tai, check out MEI TAI BABY. It is the single brand amongst hundreds reviewed that acquired a perfect score of 5/5 from an astonishing 49 reviewers! Beco, pikkolo, ergo don't even come close to it.
REVIEWS
http://www.thebabywearer.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews2.pl?category=meitais&folder=meitaibabyandtoddlercarrier
MEITAI BABY WEBSITE
http://www.meitaibaby.com/
I really wanted to buy and ship it to singapore (About SGD110, add another 30 or so for shipping) but then hubby prefers something with buckles, so no choice.
And the prints are soooooooooo pretty! They even have this function whereby you can interchange the fabric panels so it's as if you have many different coloured carriers. So smart!
If you are interested let me know. I'm itching again.
Oh woe woe woe