(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Pig Pig, I took only a few pills. Seems to work on me. But I am wondering if it is also because I have been latching on more.
Pap smear didn't hurt at all for me. Just some discomfort. They post the results to you.

meerkat, please PM me. You don't receive PMs so I can't forward my payment details for Sophie
 


I have been trying the EASY method recently...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...But nite time, it's easy. Just E and S. But he always fall asleep while feeding n its difficult to wake him up. So I let him sleep. The problem is that the next feed will be very soon.

This afternn, after E, i tried A on him. Thereafter, was trying to put him to zz just now, worked for a few min, then he woke up.i hv difficulty to putting him to zz but my MIL managed to get him to z just now.
happy.gif
he is sound asleep now. When he wakes up, it will be just nice to E again.

Tried the shush/pat method once..for a short time..Maybe I was too impatient so din worked for me..Will try again.

pumpkinseed: i jt PM u.
 
Irene/Meerkat,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm looking at Medela Mini Elect Dual pump initially. Maybe i should also look at Ameda Lactaline dual pump too ..

Anyone selling the pump ?
 
I took a total of 6pills. 3/3 for past few days
Its still e same leh.But i pump twice daily only. Guess my supply wont come back liao. Mil dun wan BB to latch on scare she "addicted" then when i work she Jia Luck.

wonder if my Gynae also post e result? wait ask me to go for appt again, waste $$ to see HER. i also lazy to go for the test. anyone gave this test a miss?
 
pumpkin, do pm me your account number so I can transfer the money for you.
happy.gif


prosper, I dont change diaper for marissa and she sleeps through the nite. Her last feed is at 11pm and will only change at 8 or 9am when she wakes up.
 
Alfafa:

Hope ur in law's matter would be settled soon...understand the stress your family would be going thru...hang in there..
happy.gif


Prosper:
same here.. I also don't change Favian's nappy in the night...one reason is don't wanna wake him up cos tried changing before during the night...he became so awake after the nappy change... another is I am lazy also la...but I will drag his nappy change after his last feed and apply alot of drapolene for him.. so far he is still ok on his pipi... *keeping finger cross*
 
irene,
i oso like to order the set (rompers + bib)

<font color="0000ff">Personalised Rompers:
Who are interested? Seller to give 10% off if we have 10 or more orders.

1. Irene
2. Sassybaby
3. Serene
4. minnie24
5. Pei
6. hoho03 (will get 1 baby, romper+bib and 1 toddler size)
7. ST (1 set of romper and Bib set and 2 additional bibs)</font>
 
wa, its amazing to find quite a few bbs slping thru 11pm to 8-9am!!!!

how do you all do it!!

do u all increased the bb last feed?

pumpkin,
got ur PM.
will transfer asap. thks!
happy.gif
 
hoho03:

ya I am amaze too...mine need to wake up once at least in the night... which I am already quite contented...but I realise so many babies sleeping thru the night... Jealous.. :p anyone care to share any tips ?
 
hoho03, basically I practise the babywise method which is quite similar to the EASY method. Its eat, activity(play), sleep for the day time and during the last feed, its eat and sleep. Also for the last feed, I will make sure the room is dark and i play some lullaby music and somehow I think baby knows it nite time and she can then sleeps through the nite.
 
mummybean,

Brianne is now just starting her 8th week. she still wkaes up 3 - 4 times every night for feed.

she is still on every 2 - 3 hrs feed interval, she is those who eat less but more meals.

i hope her feeding pattern stablises soon.
 
Lenny:

Same for Favian. He also drink 2-3 hrly.. but so far for night time... he needs to wake up at least once and the next feed would be morning about 6-7 am... Don't worry think she will stabilise soon. Cos Favian also stabilise after his 8th week.
 
hi mummies,

remember when we just gave birth, we had this guideline of EBM every 2hourly, formula 3hourly, now that our bb are 8+ weeks and above, does it still apply? i have friends who gives EBM 3.5-4hourly, but i seem to be still giving my girl EBM every 2 hourly...
 
Mummybean,

i need to see the weather.. cos i need to walk across a cross junction to get to Lakeside MRT Station.. If its raining, i either use my carrier then take brolly or get a cab..

i hope the weather is fine tomorrow, really been wanting to meet the mummies n babies.
 
wonder if we need shake and mix up the EBM in the milk bottle in the fridge? sometimes i realise if bb heng heng drink the creamier part of the milk, then she will sleep longer,sometimes she drink the more watery part, then she will demand feed earlier...?
 
Lenny:

Ic... I think probably I will bring a pram since its easier for me to stuff all this barang below. Ya same here. Been looking forward to meet up and before going back to work since once back to work seldom would have such chances for gathering.
happy.gif
 
Lenny:

Favian is opp of Brianne. He is use to the pram but hates the carrier. And will wails whenever putting him in and taking him out. Haha... headache for me also... :p
 
sinmey: I'm using Medela Swing. It is like the single version of Medela PIS. Comfortable and light, so it is convenient &amp; easy to bring out to pump.

Main reason why I didn't buy PIS is because I want to massage while pumping - more milk and can massage away blocked ducts while pumping.

I used Medela mini electric before. Very painful for me.

Yes. I also sprained my left thumb cos I squeeze &amp; massage while pumping.

pigpig: Pap smear not painful. Just a little uncomfortable when they insert the equipment into you. They will post results to u after a week.

blocked ducts: I pump every 8 hrs, by which then they become a bit engorged. I can see several lumps protruding. Look like aliens.
2470017.gif


moomooland: I also feed my baby EBM every 3.5-4 hrs. I feed after he cries. I'm still not quite good at reading cues. Last time b4 I gave him pacifier, I used to tease his lower lip with my finger. If he lunges forward, that means he wants milk. Nowadays he just cries and cries.
2470018.gif
 
prosper, i will check n change his diaper if it's very wet or there is poo after feeding him. Usually he will be on sleep mode and will not wake up even thou i'm changing him.
 
Lenny, same for my boy. Will need to BF abt 2-3 times anytime betw 12mid to 6am. Then have to add burping time, patting time..Not much time for me to zz..
 
lipstar
Do you latch on? I have stretched my pumping to 3x a day at 8am, 7pm and 12am but now that I stop latching on my MS seems to be decreasing. How do you maintain your supply?
 
Mummies.. what do you do to play or entertain your babies in the daytime? Previously, my baby sleeps quite a lot in the day. Lately, he sleeps only a while, and always wants to be carried. Carry til my arms numb and sng.

Do u buy toys or just talk and sing to them? I tried 1) talking and singing to him, and 2) flashcards but these only keep him entertained for a while, and then he will cry again and demand to be carried . (I presume)
2470035.gif
 
Hi sinmey,

I have a preloved ameda lactaline dual electric pump for sale. lightly used for a month due to low milk supply. Will you be int ? Comes with 2 bottles and I can also throw in 2 free pumping pals.
 
moomooland, for blocked ducts under, use warm towel, or warm bottles, pressed on the area with blocked ducts for awhile, then massage toward the nipple...
 
bluebell: After I left the hospital, I stopped latching on to let my bleeding nipples heal. Then bottle-fed him. A few weeks later, I tried to latch him on, but even with the lactation consultant's help, it was bloody painful. So he continued to be bottle-fed til now. I have given up on latching on already.

My supply after stretching pumping hours also dropped. Previously while pumping every 3 hrs, I pumped out 1.2 litres of milk a day. After I stretched to 8 hrs, I pump about 750ml a day. If I continue to pump that much (1 litre) at such a long frequency, my boobs will become too engorged. So I pumped less. Every day I conscientiously pump 750ml a day, so the supply (750ml) remains there.

I always tell my hubby people have rock hard abs. I have rock hard boobs.
2470040.gif
 
Mixing fridge EBM. I try not to shake too much cos I worry will have bubbles. I find that by shaking gently, the fats are still stuck onto the bottle. So I warm the bottle of fridge EBM for half a minute til the fats "melt" and merge with the rest of the milk, then pour into Avent feeding bottle, then warm the Avent bottle.
 
Pumpkin Seed, do let me know your acct number so that I can transfer the money for the sophie to you. Thanks.

Oh.. you are looking at the Mei Tai Carrier also? I find it quite nice also..
 
lipstar
Your supply still good althou your pumping sessions are far apart...sigh...each time I can only get 90ml. In fact my right breast seems to be drying up...
 
Hi Mummies,
Haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts since my trip back to S'pore. I am back in Melbourne since last Mon. Man, I missed so much!!

Re: Night time Sleep
My bb is still waking up for feeds in the middle of the night, sleeps around 11.30pm and usually 2am and 6am for feeds and sleeps soon after burping. My question is: are they suppose to sleep all the way without feeds? I still have to wake up as my breasts are engorged every 3-4hrs.

Re: Carrier
My Beco still gives me a back ache after long walks. I think it is impt to sit the bb on the waistband to distribute the weight proper. I still love using it instead of the stroller despite the aches as it is very convenient to take her out myself with it. I usually carry her in my Beco and lug a trolley bag to do my grocery/shopping.
 
babe, they should sleep thru without feeds sooner or later. Got a fren's daughter slept thru when she is 6mths old. My two elder girls slept thru without feeds around 4mths old. I'm hoping zac will be like his sisters. If not, i can't imgaine how i can cope when i get back to work
 
wow! it's been some time since i log in. the thread is fast! been trying to catch up. the gatherings seem so fun! hope i can join in for the next one!
happy.gif
 
teddybear

*salute*! your supply is impressive! i can only yield at most 90ml with my avent manual pump. Is it true that electric pump is more efficient? which brand is good?
 
Irene
Thanks, guess I still have to wait for her to sleep throughout. She only did that back in Singapore for the first 2 days as she was heavily entertaining all the relatives. That was it. After that, she resumed back to normal. At least she can sleep soon after her feeds.

But even if Zac sleeps throughout, you'll still need to wake up to pump, right?
 
lipstar - haha...rock hard boobs..everyday will have a sense of achievement after pumping until real soft...

i was just wondering, if i use a pigeon 300ml bottle, if there is 200ml already inside, then i put in another 100ml (presumably creamier milk), when i pour out, will the creamier milk come out first? hehe..thats why i asked if we shd shake the bottle abit..

bluebell - thing is when i increase bb's intake from 100-110ml, i was hoping it will be slightly longer intervals..but it seems that my mum automatically prepares the feed every 2 hourly regardless of the increment...so i wonder lo..

i also have limited supply...every 3-4hour about 80ml..haiz...i am destined to have such MS liao..hehe...

i have tried once 8pm pump, then next day 4am then pump, yield around 180ml...very happy (i know this amount could be a 3hourly interval mummy's yield) but its cheap thrill for low MS mummy like me ;) but the engorged feeling is no joke tho..

irene - think my right breast spoil liao...so many blocked ducts...the lump is like size of a jawbreaker, cannot push up to the nipple..pain like hell...now after expressing, left nipple pointing slightly down, while the right one pointing straight, seh-geik liao...
 
kat - i had the exact same thoughts awhile ago. i switched to the mini electric pump(coz my wrists cannot handle the massaging and compressing anymore), it seems to yield slighly more as compared to the avent manual pump. manual pump is subjected to mummy's exhausting, unlike electric pump...
 
hi babe

my bb also wakes up in the middle of the night acound the same time for feeds. guess that's normal for their age.

Irene

that's good to hear. hopefully bb will be able to sleep the whole night through soon so we tired mums can have a good rest!
happy.gif
 
bluebell, my gal drinks average of 130ml-150ml during the day.

babe, oh you were back here in sg, should have join us for the gathering. I love the Beco too and is able to go out alone with her. She normally sleeps or looks around when in the carrier.
 
moomooland

I see. cuz my ss is really miserable so thinking of switching to electric pump, hoping it'll help to achieve more milk. hmmm. which brand are you using?
i see a lot of mummies using medela but also saw some feel that it's painful. so still not sure..
 


kat - personally, i feel avent manual pump is a very good pump, but due to achy wrist, sometimes its really a pain when we need to pump every 3 hours.

my first pump was medela mini electric single pump..i was greedy, and got the avent one too...

and i got even more greedy...got the ameda dual coz of all the raves everywhere (no offense to ameda users), only to find out that the ameda pump doesnt suit me..for some reason...maybe coz i like to pump in different areas of the house, sometimes in the kitchen, sometimes in room 1, then in room2 ...then the pump lek chek to carry around..i had difficulty detaching the tubing from the bottle after pumping. more importantly, i couldnt handle dual pump, coz i have omni present blocked ducts issues...mummies with recurring blocked ducts will find that its rather difficult to work with dual pump...SO now i am back to using Medela...with the supershields, its not that painful.
 

Back
Top