(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Juz got back from gynae, he did a pap smear & will post results to me when ready. Next visit will be in 1 year's time.

Keenan's next PD visit is 5June, hohoo my turn to standby the paracetmol :p

St, Keenan is 11 weeks (3/3) and he's taking 100ml every 3 hours. weight today is about 5.5kg so i think no need to worry about ur baby's intake, sounds ok to me.

missycandy, how's the playgym? rem not to let kirsten wear mittens when playing so she can experience the material. Aiming wont be accurate at first coz they're still learning to control their hands :p

Paiseh, tuesday i'm still in Bali heheeee

Agnes: (Pikkolo) i clip the waist strap and 1 shoulder strap first. Then i put baby in while he's lying on the bed. While doing so, his legs already open and seated in the Pik. Then I lift up baby to stand upright and clip the remaining strap.
 


starflower
not sure if i always breastfeed both side(most of the time) that is why bb not putting much weight cos he didn't get any hind milk.
 
starflower - havent let her play yet. yesterday came home she KO. night time active but didnt want to overstimulate her la. lol. today went for jab. now slping on and off. cranky all the time. keeps wanting to be carried n rocked. -_-" haiii. lurve the pics. keenan and his galfrns. LOL!!!!
 
I will be going for the Picoton Fair since near my place.

Lenny, you can buy Skiphop at Mums&Babes

Sophie the Giraffe, PM me if you want me to bring back from France. It's about S$20+. I'll let you know exact amount after we get the credit card bill. Can let me know if you want other Sophie stuff too because I'm going to get the bath thermometer and belt pad.. so darn cute!! Should be 30-40% cheaper than in SG. Don't ask Jtho to get because she already has her Sophie, her MIL sent it over already for her. Will just trouble her if we ask her to buy.

Keenan is big time ladies man (boy)!!
 
bluebell: Tks for the lobang.

ST: He started off on 80ml. 1 week later 85ml. We always slowly increase by 5 mils. He is now 2 mth 1 wk old. Drinking 120ml EBM every 4 hrs.

missycandy: My GP also asked me to give 1 ml of pink colour paracetamol every 4-6 hrs if got fever.
 
my girl is going for her jab next week, I think I better standby the paracetamol!!

rompers,
I think the lettering on the romper that keenan's wearing (starflower's bb) is sew/stitched on whereas the link posted here, the letterings are ironed on. Thought the sew on one looks nicer.

playmat,
I want to buy also!! Waiting to see if we can organise a BP so we can get it cheaper!!

pikolo, beco
anyone knows the address and name of the shop selling them? I want to go check out the colours.
 
picotin fair,
hee hee maybe can go for luch before or after the fair? I like the bread there :p

sleeping talk,
like what someone mentioned, for those that can't attend the talk, can we get a copy of the slides? My hubby and I would love to attend, but already had lunch appointment
sad.gif
 
Personalised Rompers:
Who are interested? Wonder if the seller is willing to give us a better price if we have a mass order...

1. Irene
2. Sassybaby
3. Serene
4. minnie24
5. Pei
 
the cousins of Sofie the giraffe are really cute too! realise that their names are almost mushrooms in french! Champignon! cute! hehehehe
 
Pumpkin Seed
if there's too many pple asking u to get Sophie, u can let me know. i can help to bring some back. but not too many of course... hehehe

missycandy
oh, u did a research on Sophie! i didn't even know that Sophie has cousins... ya, Champignon (mushroom) - very cute name
happy.gif
 
I'll like to attend the workshop too!

sleep training workshop @ pumpkin's =P
($25-$30/pax incld food) Tentatively Next Wednesday 20th May 09

1 Pumpkinseed
2 jtho
3 missycandy
4 alfafa
5 ann(annt)& hubby
6 chocbabe
7 meerkat
8 daphne crosailo kang
9 pups
10 Padi
 
ST: hind milk is the fattiest and the one that will help them to feel fuller. Thus the advice to let baby finish one breast first. My baby rejected my breasts just now, I am now really pissed. Wonder why, and if its something I ate in the day.
 
Re: Playmat
Mine is parklon...

Ida - No problem... when again for pizza n kfc? ;p

jtho & pumpkin - I want sophie for my ger... Real irritating to see her bite anything when she grab anything...

Re: Playmat
Got better price from Alien, maybe wan to get 1 more... let me know ya...
 
sassybaby
wads the dimension for ur parklon playmat ah?
hehe and btw, where to get ur bean bag at 3rd storey? my mom saw it in my camera and she interested to get 1..

next gathering when? eat pizza? kekes
 
ST,

About your bb's weight.. don't have to worry too much about that.

Brianne was down with jaundice and she only start to gain weight in her mid 3rd week. when we went to the her 1st mth check up.. she only weighs 3.75kg, her birth weight was 3.03kg.

PD ask me if i am on tbf, i told him yes. He told me that she is not putting on enough weight and Brianne is starving. Then he gave me vitamins supplements and ask me to supplement with formula milk.

i was very depressed then and thought of giving up bf. Hubby ask me to continue and monitor in the next 2 weeks. I spoke to another gf of mine who is on tbf.. she asked me to go for second opinion, i was tempted to but didn't get out of the house. No confidence of bringing bb out alone, i didn't want my mum to follow me cos bothe she and my dad has been asking me to feed formula.

i stubborn la.. one thing.. if my gf can do it, i also can... she is very encouraging and helped me pull thru. now bb weighs 4.4kg at week 7 and grew by 7cm in height from the day she is born.

though brianne is not chubby, she grew more in height. i realised the rompers from mothercare fits her more than those of disney babies.

you can always check with the following chart by WHO, World Health Organisation to monitor how our bb is growing. according to the chart, brianne's growth percentile is between 85th too 97th which means she is doing good..

anyway.. my last visit to PD in her week 7.. he didn;t say i am starving my kid anymore. so.. dun worry too much

This is the link to check.. from World health organisation.
http://www.who.int/childgrowth/standards/chts_wfa_girls_p/en/index.html


hope this helps..



I was
 
ST, my baby started off with 70ml every 1.5-2 hrs. We slowly increased until recently to 120ml every 3 hrs. Baby drink very slow as well, longest record is 1 hr! He was borned at 3.285kg.
 
sleep training workshop @ pumpkin's =P
($25-$30/pax incld food) Tentatively Next Wednesday 20th May 09

1 Pumpkinseed
2 jtho
3 missycandy
4 alfafa
5 ann(annt)& hubby
6 chocbabe
7 meerkat
8 daphne crosailo kang
9 pups
10 Padi
11 lenny

mummies, please add in the list if u r interested... i might miss out names as i am not monitoring the thread all the time
 
jean,

thanks for updating n including me in the workshop.

ST,
Brianne was in the 50% mark at week 4 in her weight gain.. i think its ok cos its the MEAN or middle of the range of 0 - 100%.
 
Lenny,
gosh.. how can the PD say you are staving Brianne. Breastmilk is the best milk.
I used to hear people telling that baby drinking bm is not as chubby as baby drinking fm.
I proved them wrong... see Zac's photo...
from this at 2 weeks old:
2464497.jpg


to this at2 months old:
2464498.jpg


i remember when i had my first child, my mom keep saying drink FM is fuller... i no milk la.. etc... end up i give up BF.

2nd child, i preserved and she also changed her mindset on BF. I BF for 4 months. stop after going back to work.

now with Zac, she fully support BF. so proved your mom and dad wrong.
 
padi,

Actually PDs don't have much of a choice when bb's obviously not thriving as they should when being totally bf'd. Think there is so much hype about the benefits of bfing these days that ppl are losing perspective - ultimately the no. 1 priority is bb's well-being, and if formula really is needed otherwise bb will not grow properly, then it was only appropriate to advise as such. It doesn't make anyone a bad mom if there is not enough breastmilk.
 
irene,

i thought so too.. but my gf prove me wrong.. she is one of the Oct 2008 mummies. her little girl is very chubby n got good complexion despite having worse eczema than brianne in her early mths..

if u get to see the latest johnson baby ad on tv.. her girl is close to the bb in the ad.
 
A.Fireangel
well said! not having enough breastmilk is not by choice anyway, so mummies like me with low MS are still great mums! it is true that there is too much hype about the benefits of bfing these days that's causing a lot of stress, esp to new mummies.
 
jtho, still manageable for now, no worries, I'm going to ask them to ship all the Sophies and her cousins to the house in a box. We have a car direct to airport so will be alright. Anyway, just got news that we won't be going into Paris this time so really have a lot of luggage allowance left over
sad.gif
 
Irene,

Ya, actually bb's on formula are known grow more in length initially, and then chubby up only later, compared to bb's on breastmilk
happy.gif
It's a fact, so ppl who tell u the opposite have got it the wrong way round!
 
Pumpkin Seed
not going to Paris? means no LV or Chanel? kekeke... ya, then a lot of space then...
for me, i think MIL/SIL bought a lot of things for Oli for us to bring back to SG... that's why got to keep our luggage free
happy.gif
 
ST,
My #1 used to be in the 10-30 percentile range & she was on TBF....she's 3 years old now & she's growing fine...

As for #2's feed, he's currently taking 120ml every 3hrly. Nowadays drinking slowly but still can finish within 1/2 hr...hee~~

Pumpkinseed,
Thanks for passing me the BECO carrier. Used it for Ryan today & he slept in it all the way! But he din like the insert.....heee~~
 
jtho, agree with you.

If really have not enough BM, we should supplement. I myself supplement with FM when I'm lazy to wake up to warm the ebm or when Zac can't wait for the ebm to be warm up.
So long it's for the good of our babies and we tried our best.
 
Queenie - Sorry... mine is not parklon is LG and the design is LG Prime Yellow Bear - 2300*1400*15mm

Beanbags I get it from Park Mall, one of the shop in the corner at Basement 1.

Pizza KFC anytime again EXCEPT Tuesday and thursday... Maybe if this time lesser crowd can put the babies in the pool... hehe... ;p
 
fireangel: I agree that the baby's welfare is foremost important, and if there is a need to supplement due to low MS, then its right to suggest. But Lenny's case was different. Her baby had a medical issue at the initial weeks and it was natural that she had to take time to catch up on her weight. If I am not wrong, Briane lost some weight during the first 2 weeks? So that has to be considered also.

I also think that BFing is too hyped up, and I was also struggling with low MS in initial weeks. But I really appreciate people who stood by me to encourage me to press on and latch on more during this period of time. As long as the baby is not diagnosed as failure to thrive, I think its ok to monitor a few more weeks to see if BF works for the baby instead of being too quick to recommend formula, esp when the mother is still trying very hard to BF.
 
jtho, then better not bother you for Sophie. Since no Chanel and LV this time, def more than 30kg of unused baggage allowance, unless I fill it up with Sophies and Mustela haha.

Grace Chng, good for you and Ryan! He's a big boy now so don't need insert if he doesn't like it.

sassybaby, can I trouble you to brng one of your rubber mats on Wed? In case I don't get mine in time,so the babies have somewhere to lie on.
 
I think its a misnomer to say that BF babies are necessarily smaller - seemingly suggesting that they are starving! My girlfriend's son was 3.5kg at birth, and 5kg by first month! All BF!

In any case, forumula fed babies are chubbier as there is more calcium in cow's milk and thus the babies grow bigger. In the end, we also have to remember that bigger does mean better also.

I am not against formula, I also supplement with formula during initial weeks when I was struggling with low MS.

And no la..even if we feed our babies formula, it is not making us bad mommies. Too much guilt trip already this whole BF thing. So sad to hear the PD tell Lenny that she is starving her child. I would be devastated to hear that.
sad.gif
 



Back
Top