(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

jtho, Ok sure, I will ask her for rates and stuff like that. Let me know how Oli copes with the time difference. I am kinda concerned with that as we are crossing timezones twice in a week.

seabreeze, sure... I used to have heaps too but sold off a lot. All the space now eaten up by her royal highness.

Ida, those French brands are meant to be a fair bit cheaper than locally - LV, Chanel, Longchamp etc
 


meerkat, I do think that babies benefit from a routine of some sort. The question is which one!! :D

This mummy here needs one too obviously. Baby happily asleep but mummy trying to reply her e-mails and failing miserably.
 
Hi,
finally decided that I shd join u guys at ur gathering tomo (if it's not too late and I'm still welcome). Hope bb shernise will behave herself. Am interested in the various carrier demo. Shernise dun sleep long in the pram. Ended up always have to carry her when out. But tried her on pupsik sling last wk at vivo city cart, she screamed like hell..

Misscandy, I will sms u for u to sms me sassy's address.

I have a BN tube of medela purelan. Willing to let go at a lower price but dunno how much it's selling outside (bought from gynae then - shd be more ex). Anyone interested, let me know.. Will bring tomo.

Re: baby monitor
Am keen in getting one too. Am gonna shift hse next mth and thinking of putting bb in her own room. Pumpkinseed, philips one is the best ah? Think will then go to the carnival to see if there's discount. Any idea wat's the retail price outside?

Sassy, yes. I think it include avent products as well.
 
meerkat - ooo is it.. then maybe i shld get it... see when i have time to pop by the bookstores... haii...

i think my munchkin will KO tmr. becos she is still happily kicking n smiling away at this time. -_-"
 
JG, all Mar mummies are welcome tomm!
For the non-video type, that's the popular sentiment. There are 3 types -
SCD510 $199 basic model
SCD520 $259 with digital display on parent unit
SCD530 $299 with humidity sensor and digital display on both units

Update us if there is discount. Normally nett price even during Taka baby fair and Robinsons sale. The most they offer is bundle with free cooler bag, trolley luggage, Phillps showroom voucher or the like
 
Got it misscandy. Thanks!
happy.gif
 
for baby monitor - my aunt bought for me frm msia. the brand is CORE. some ulu brand i think. costs RM199 if im nt wrong. =P i actually wanted one with monitor too. but since its a gift jus use it lor. its really good to be able to surf my net while Kirsten supposedly sleeps in her bed. then when she cries or whines, either my hubby or myself(mostly me... @!#$!@$#@%$#@%#) will go see what she wants... =) sometimes have interference but the pick up is quite good... the other time during my confinement, i cld actually hear my MIL & Mum talking in the kitchen when the baby n monitor r in the living room! erm nt very far away la... but still a bit amazed. LOL
 
JG let me knw if u wana share cab with us. but there r 3 of us plus u will be 4. nt sure if too squeezy. if u dun mind sitting in front with ur bb? heh. =x we're meeting 1130am.
 
Oh.. 3 with a bb each might be too many for a cab then I guess..

Pumpkin, thanks for the info. Will go take a look after my #1 shichida lesson on sun. Since at toa payoh. Hope got discount..
 
pumpkin - im keen on the sleeping workshop, but i read briefly tammy's web. she did mention baby 9mths above. is it too early for our babies?
 
Hmm, she didn't say that during the talk. There were quite a number of babies there who were below 9 months and she was addressing issues about their sleep patterns too. In any case I will e-mail to ask her.
Just a point to note, she is not a medically trained therapist.
 
ah? ida, didnt know you already have supplier for cheap huggies liao.

Wow LV bags. Gorgeous classy stuff. But being the highly practical type (my hubby on the other hand *rolls eyes*) I just cannot bring myself to spend on one, not even when I was working. Chanel bags too *drools from afar*

Jtho,
Gina Ford's method is really very draconian wor. Really like joining the regiment no kidding. If you follow her schedule you and hubby will have a very restricted lifestyle. So maybe this sleep workshop will be better, since it sounds more flexi.

Pumpkin I would be interested in the workshop too if it isn;t too exp. :p

Meerkat,
someone here mentioned the baby whisperer too. Is that the one by tracy hoggs? I'm interested to find out more. Is it very restrictive? Anyone can lend me the book? I don;t mind swapping my gina ford. :p
 
JG,

worth trying again cos it does take a few attempts for baby to get used to anything new usually. We will have plenty of slings, pouches and carriers for you to try tomorrow!
 
<font color="119911">alfafa77</font>,
yeah. that's what my frenz told me that her frenz 's son got 1 tooth in his mouth when he is born. comical man...

re:bb smile.
do u smile or laugh a lot during preggie time? cos bb will be like that then....

gd that she ok liao...think if u give fm to her, she cannot take liao. that's mean she need to drink isomil liao..kind of ex soy milk loh (if buy abbott product, remember to collect receipt,accumalate receipt, submit with name , ic and contact written at the bck of receipts to abbot. one can redempt pt and redempt fm. check out at abbott website) wow, lab test ex wor..

for me, since my boy is a preterm bb, so need to go neonatal follow up every mth. each visit will cost nearly to $100 liao. kind of ex.

re:burp.
hmm dun need to burp half way, she ok?? still can take it? my boy cannot...

is bf under cover, won't bb very hot?
 
alfafa.. not supler myself lah.. this huggies one is recommended by mummies.. bt never buy frm her before.. coz i bot cheaper pampers liao that time n frm forum mummies lor.. but hers have to go her palce n pick up lorr... this one is BP..
 
afcai,

oh thanks for the tip on isomil and the redemptions. Hopefully it will chear soon. PD said lactose intolerance is different; he said that this is just a normal reaction for small babies towards too much cow's milk. Certainly hope so if not next time very jiatlard. Cannot eat this and that
sad.gif


yah I was a happy preggie heeeeee no work stress mah. Spend most of the last one and a half trimester making baby stuff for her. She's really a happy baby. Opps there I go again. Hahh

Oh my goodness, so exp! Can go to polyclinic for the checkups? How many more visits before you can stop? Use medisave or CDA account if you can.

I usually burp her midway at home but when I nurse her outside, it is too troublesome liao. So I will wait till she finishes before burping her.

It does get a bit warm with an extra piece of cloth but I think it is still ok lah. When I first started bringing her out in a sling I also thought she would be very hot esp when I was outdoors, but then she slept really soundly so I guess she is ok
 
hahah, alfafa, draconian is the perfect word to describe her routines. She does allow for some deviation but really, on my first day, I broke half the rules.

Am so so thankful that A doesn't struggle til 1 or 2 am to sleep anymore.
 
pumpkin,
wahaha broke half the rules on your first day? forget it lah. You don't look like the type that can follow so many rules :-D

but I have to give gina ford some credit. On your first day and already your bub is sleeping early. Wonderful!
 
i wasnt a happy mummy when i was pregs. work stress. at home also stress. super moody. maybe thats why Kirsten always frowns and now mangchang. hahaahahahah! but she does smile now.. usually at night -_-" she wans to play when ppl wan to sleep. zzz
 
you, on the other hand, is not sleeping eh?

I should go to bed too. I have a giant pimple (the big big rudolph type) on my nose of all places. Hopefully it will go away if I get enough sleep tonight. So upset to have to turn up with that horrible thing on my face. I was trying to get some kindness from my hubby earlier when I complained to him about the gigantic pimple and all he said was ... wow ... really very big leh.

Arrrghhh
 
hmmm...to hav happy bbs, we shld b financially HAPPY SAHM...?
happy.gif


In e lite of depressing times, hb n i plan to look for a little world of our own to stay...this is our plan after BB...time to venture out...

SAHM...a good ideal but i still like e 'stimulation' @ work...even though LV/Chanel bags r meant to b seen...not acquired for me...
hmmm...having those will make u a real yummy mummy...
happy.gif
 
<font color="119911">sassy,
the philip sale normali does not include avent, u might wan to call philip n chk.

alfafa,
it will b easi to indentify u tmr.</font>
 
wow, just watched Star Trek w hubby just now (chucked little one w my mum's) and it's SUPER Good! I so love watching "Spock" and "Captain James", their bodies are HOT! &amp; not to mention Captain James is so Handsome *droolz* oh his dreamy blue eyes....
 
pumpkin seed
oh icic.. i tried to give tristan a routine to follow.. but find it tough as his dad still dont see e importance of it.

ytd slept aft my last post till nw..
 
alfafa:

thanks for your comment...ya I think no matter breastfeeding or not we r still the best mummies around...no doubt about it.. (thick skin :p)

Jtho:
Jia you ! support u with ur determination u can do it !
happy.gif


hoho:
thanks for posting the mediacorp link. I saw on tv last week but couldn't find anywhere at mediacorp website...fortunately just in time... :p
 
Re: happy bb
My #1 is a much happier bb than #2. Easier to take care also. Agreed that mum's mood in the last trimester really affect bb. I was super man chang w #2, maybe due to tireness from work and looking after #1. Previously when having #1, can rest as and when. Also work not as stressful (I change job thereafter).

Really envy SAHM. Hubby must be making a lot to be able to do so in today's society. Now with 2 kids, feel the financial burden even more.
sad.gif
there goes my dream of been a SAHM already..
 
<font color="119911">JG,
me too, when having #1, was hapi go lucky n enjoy my pregnancy but wif #2, it was a cant wait ti get it over n done wif kind of mood. wif #1, its so difficult to rest as need to play wif her, luckily got maid to help wif chores else sure die.

to be SAHM, just b a bit more thrifty can le i tink, nw i spend so much lesser on branded. but im almost confirmed dat im stoppin at #2, cant take the 9mths pregnancy n the 6mths milk pumpin career anymore.</font>
 
talking about this, i find that Zac is harder to take care than his sisters also...
he dun like to smile, no matter how we play with him or coax him...
sad.gif
 
Medela purelan - reserved for Starflower

Kris,
Ya. Was carrying #1 till #2 full term also. So tiring.

Talking abt maid. Just got a maid also (with 2 kids.. will go crazy w/o 1 ah!). That's another cost. Gonna send #1 to CC. another cost. Everything is $$$. Faintz!

Being thrifty enough meh? All the $ goes into the kids. Esp CC cost, diapers, milk powder, enrichment classes, etc..

I was thinking of #3 actually (TTC a boy). But really scared also. Dunno lah. Anyway, not so soon also lah.. maybe 3 yrs later (yr of dragon?? haha)
 
Irene,
My Shernise is like a boi man. When she cries, she's like gonna bring the house down! Everyone say she's supposed to be born a boi, but processed too fast, short of something. Heh..

Mummies, will get to experience her cries later at Sassy's place.
 
JG, hahaha.. my #2 is like your Shernise then..
She look like a boy when she was a baby.. behave like a boy, very daring kinda character.. we sometimes nicknamed her as the terroist of our house...
My elder girl is completely opposite of my #2, she is very girly...
Maybe your next one will be a boy, as they say if the one before the baby is more of a boy character, then the next one will be a boy.
 
Mummies, last call for those who want to view anything from the Cozybabies website.

I have asked her to bring the following:

CARRIERS
Organic sand
Organic orange
Grace
Avery
Ryan
Joey Organic

LEGWARMERS (good esp for those travelling later in the year)
cute monkeys on blue
green stripes
 
Morning mummies. Excited about the gathering later too!
2459407.gif


pumpkin seed: I'll sms bra seller to bring those.

seabreeze: U're welcome.
happy.gif
 



Back
Top