(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Alfafa - No problem, but just wan to check is the reception ok for up and downstair house? I dun wan to buy another 1 then reception poor with that irritatiing zzzzzzzzz sound... Maybe I just pop by ur place one day to take a look...

Oh ya mummies... Call me elyn tomorrow btw... Use to be sassy not now anymore... hehehehe... ;p
 


Ok mummies. Bra seller has agreed to come to sassybaby's place!

prosper: Had already asked her to bring your 2 best seller bras over.
happy.gif


Indeed. Kudos
2458572.gif
to <font color="0000ff">missycandy</font> for organising this gathering and to gracious <font color="0000ff">sassybaby</font> for allowing us to stampede her place.
 
alfafa &amp; missycandy: Looking forward to learning to use the balboa sling tomorrow!
2458577.gif


pups: Tks. Wasted u can't go tomorrow. Never mind. Next gathering!:D

I go sleep liao. Gd nite...
2458578.gif
 
sassybaby,
oh yes if you don't mind that will be the best
happy.gif


Reception is fine for upstairs downstairs use. In fact that's what I am doing now as I type. I'm checking on her via the monitor while downstairs in the living room; she is in her own room upstairs. As long as I on the volume loud enough I can hear her every movement as well as see her visually through the screen too. But then .. my house is much much smaller than yours. That said, the feedback from the US users are good, and I suppose the houses there should be of a decent size too.

best is if you can come past to have a look. Let me know in advance.
 
Hi fellow mummies, I'm a 1st time mummy with a baby boy born in early mar. Been following your thread with great interest. Need to know where can I get a beco carrier or pikkolo carrier.
 
<font size="+2">everyone shld have received the sms. erm except sassy herself. haha! =P. i mean everyone as in those who actually pmed me their numbers. jus to be sure. im goin to list down those i've smsed to. </font>

wintertime, tuskywoolie, sunshinebaby, starflower, sportyger, seabreeze, queenie, pumpkinseed, pinkdemon, p3pp3r, pei, mangogal, lipstar, ladysol, kris, kome, keron&amp;jeris, jaszho, ida, fatfish, daphne cros, corene, annmelody &amp; alfafa.

sinmey &amp; devil are going with me so no need.

if i missed u out let me knw. my number is 91725252.
 
ALFAFA-- ONE APRIL MUMMY WANTS A POKOLO.. CAN I GET HER TO CONTACT U?/

I FORGET TO THANK YOU &amp; HUBBY FOR COLECTING THE ITEMS FRM NANA

MEERKAT - WELCOME!!1 - U MAY ASK ALFAFA

PUPS.. NO PROBLEMS.. UR CARRIER WITH ME ALSO.. WE ARRANGE A MEETING AND MAKE SURE I C U LONG2.. KEKE.. I FORGET LIAO.. UR FACE COZ AT THAT TIME MANY MUMMIES COLLECT DIAPERS MAH.. KEKEKE

MISSY - THANKS FOR ORGANIZING

FIONA- WELCOMEEE

SASSY.. BUT SO NOT USED TO IT.. SEKALI.. STILL CALL U SASSY

ST - U KNOW HOW TO USE THE MILKTRAYS OR NOT?? CARE TO EXPLAIN?
 
lipstar, can ask the bra seller to bring 1 pc grey bra, 1 pc lavender bra? The same one as the MEV one, think it's called comfort bra. 2 for $30. Size S pls.

meerkat, you can come tomorrow and see the Beco demo and purchase there. Or you can Pm me your order, I'll forward to the supplier to get the offer price that we're getting. For Pikkolo, ask alfafa.

sassy, if you need no interference, get the Phillips one. Best in market for non-video models. Expensive but everyone who I know using it says they wasted their money buying other brands because of the constant static. Should have told me earlier, someone I know has staff price but the sale is over already.
 
meerkat,
oh sorry didn't see your post. Only went back up to check upon seeing ida's post.

You can get a pikkolo at the thomson plaza shop - google baby slings and carriers. I also noticed someone asking for other mommies to combine orders with her on the WTB thread. She wants to order direct from USA. OR, if there are enough mommies who are interested I'm sure you guys can ask the thomson plaza shp to give you a good deal too. We just bought 8 sets in one go so I'm not sure if there will be more mommies who want to buy. I think there is lah, but just dont know who!

As for beco, there will be a product demo at the gathering tomorrow. I think Pumpkin seed has the beco seller's contact. She got a good deal for the mommies here as well. You might want to PM her if you want a beco.

Ida,
yah yah sure thing, ask her to PM me. But no guarantees if she can get the same deal. Maybe meerkat, your april friend can combine order.

Btw, ida can you bring your japan carrier with you? I want to see! =0)
 
lipstar ...

Thanks for getting her over to showcase her stock heehee ... me aiming a few of her bra but want to try to be sure =p

re: gina ford

i had a mummy who used gina's ford method and it truly works but the down side is that she has to either reach home by 7pm to put her child to sleep or she leaves them at home (which may be good =p)

frankly for working mum like me (and some of us) if my bb sleeps from 7pm to 7am ... i really dun have much time to spend with the child cos by the time i rush home from work its already 7pm

Missycandy ...

Have rec your SMS ... will find my way there =)
 
re: monitor interference

speaking of interference. Mine has it occasionally but I find it acceptable though. Hubby thinks it's because of our 4 sets of laptops &amp; PCs, all connected via wireless connection, 2 sets of handphones etc.
 
re: bb carrier

like i mentioned before ... the shop at thomson plaza is opened by my ex-classmate and so happen that we have a gathering this coming sunday. let me know what carriers are u gals keen and the qty ... i try to check with her whats the best deal tat she can offer - no promises though
 
seabreeze, yeah I think 7pm -7am is a bit much. So I am aiming for 9pm to 7am. See if it works. Anyway, that was recommended by another baby sleep therapist - www.babysleepfairy.com

Hey if enough people are interested maybe we can do a sleep workshop for our next gathering?
 
Pumpkin Seed ...

Sleep workshop .. maybe the mummies and daddies will fall asleep before the bb hahahaha

Different ppl has different preferences ba ... for me i like to bring my kids everywhere - shopping, gatherings, weddings etc so i prefer to let them zzz whenever &amp; where ever they are tired so i rather train them to zzz in noisy environment heehee
 
seabreeze,
tell her your forum mommies bought 8 sets in one go, and it only took 3-4 days to canvas. it shows a very strong consumer interest. if she can be a bit more flexible (don't everything also say cannot lah, or learn how to say no gracefully) i'm sure there will be more. to be honest i almost wanted to walk out of the deal n order direct from usa, happy to pay more too. But because i felt bad for whetting the appetites of the other 7 mommies, i went through the shop after all.

my personal opinion as a consumer. think alot of retail staff in singapore lacks EQ.
 
seabreeze, I go out a lot too but I find that if she doesn't get enough sleep at the right time, she gets cranky when we get home, which means a lot of patting, rocking, suckling to sleep. Well, we'll see if this works.
 
speaking of which, daphne,
has she contacted you for your pending pikkolo?

Seabreeze,
no offence to you btw.
happy.gif

just an observation.
 
alfafa, the 'service' industry practically does not exist here. I used to be doing direct customer service and was frustrated because I had to train everyone from ground up.
 
alfafa ...

so you ordered from her in the end? frankly cos i am not into carrier (cos i already have MIM sling and ergo) so i never read the posting on it =p

maybe cos its her first retail outlet and prob they have some price guidelines to follow ba ... hmmm we talk more tom and i see how i can 'help' cos afterall she is running a biz and may have her own difficulties
 
seabreeze,
actually we are all business minded people so we understand. It might sound like it's about prices but it's really not. I can accept a no ... but say it tactfully and you win over a lifetime customer. Say it otherwise and you might gain a quick sale due to the lack of options but you will only make that first and only sale lor.

It;s EQ lah. But like what pumpkinseed said, service level in singapore is just low, so can't complain also. :p
 
alfafa ...

no prob lar ... i can understand the frustration as the organiser cos i used to org BP - without making money kind(mega scale ones) before they started the $25 fee thingy
 
anyway, nice of you to offer to help. If you can get good deals then all the better for everyone. I am sure there are more interested.

me going to play a few more rounds of games then zz liao heheheh
 
tks alfafa and seabreeze. My baby really sleeps very little and wants to be carried most of time.

Read the baby whisperer and now I'm trying to put him on the EASY method.
 
Talk about BP, let me know if anyone wants anything from France. I am definitely getting Mustela and La Roche Posay for myself. Heard it's about 2/3 or 1/2 the price compared to local retail. I don't mind helping March mummies buy stuff when I go over in June. We have 60 kg of luggage allowance but bringing only 1 luggage so lots of space.
 
Pumpkin Seed
i'll be interested in the sleep workshop... baby Oli is very cranky tonight... been crying on and off for the past 2 hrs. dunno why everytime he will struggle to sleep even if he is super tired
sad.gif
 
seabreeze, actually, I am secretly hoping someone will ask me to buy a LV or Chanel for them. Then I can have excuse to pop in for a bit. If I tell my FC that I am going in for myself, he will put some restraints on me for sure!

jtho, from what I learnt at the workshop and from the Gina Ford book, it sounds like Oli hasn't been having enough rest at the right times during daytime. A used to be like this too until I regulated her daytime sleeping, especially the loooong morning nap.

sassy, then try alfafa's one. I saw it at her place and it looked good.
 
Pumpkin Seed ...

Really ar hahahaha let me check to see if there are any nice bags that I need (more like WANT) then I let you know heehee

Now I am clearing my house and I am sure my hubby will show me face lor cos I have LOTSA bags!!
 
seabreeze.. u c how much for pikos.. i cn tell my april mummies

alfafa.. sure i bring for u... so the rest no need to open theirs....

pumpkin.. their bags there cheap???
 
jtho, yeah the one at British Club. It was not a comprehensive workshop but she explained some of the principles, which make a lot of sense. It coincides a lot with what I observe about A. Not 100% sure if Gina Ford's methods work, they seem a bit too stringent.

missycandy, seems like the basic methods are to
wake baby up at around 7-8am,
quick nap at around 9 or 9plus am,
longer nap at noon,
quick nap in late afternoon.
Gina Ford and Tammy recommend different timings at night though. I preferred Tammy's night time routine. 7pm bedtime and 12 hours of straight sleep as per Gina Ford's method is really very long...
 
pumpkin have u heard of tracy hoggs? i was thinkng of getting that book leh. but if this gina ford is better then i might get this one instead. does gina also help with how to differentiate baby cries?
 
Pumpkin Seed
shall we see how many mummies interested and see if we can organise the sleep workshop?
seems interesting... but has to be after we come back from France...
i'm also worried that Oli will have problem adapting to all the time difference!!!
 
Not sure about Tracy Hoggs. Gina Ford doesn't teach about baby cries. It wasn't an issue for me as A's cries are quite understandable.
The food and sleep timing seem to do the trick?
 



Back
Top