Ida,
No worries lah
Queenie,
Continue to breastfeed. It is beneficial as you will be passing vital antibodies to Tristan. But do wear a mask when feeding him to prevent water droplets from your breath from landing on him. That is the direct way to pass your germs to him. There are medicines that are safe for breastfeeding, just have to let your doctor know you are bf.
Kome,
For the Balboa, unless your baby is in deep sleep and is the type that cannot be stirred once asleep, it is easy to wake the baby up when you take baby out of it. This is due to the deep pocket. If your main reason for the carrier is just to put baby to sleep, the MIM sling is good enough... and the entire sling can be loosen at the ring and released to put baby down on the bed (with the sling) without disturbing the baby. You just remove the sling from yourself by bending forward, put the baby on the bed and slip the sling over your head to remove. I have done this many times with my boy last time.
Painful wrists
Like what Daphne mentioned, it is due to pregnancy hormones loosening the wrists joints and this should go off with time. After I gave birth to #1, the pain in my wrists was so bad that I could not even hold a pen to write when I returned to work 10 weeks after giving birth. I could not type properly on the keyboard either. If I am not wrong, the pain resulted from the angle which I press my breasts when I expressed milk and of course from carrying baby also. I went to a physiotherapist for massage 2 times a week but the relieve didn't last.
Medical treatment will include the steriod jabs which I didn't dare to take because of breastfeeding, and application of Voltaren Gel. Votaren is a painkiller and anti-inflammatory in the same class as Ponstan, Synflex for those of you who are familiar. I applied a thin layer of the gel to my wrists and it did help somewhat. The pain did go away after many months. In my case after more than 6 months. For this second pregnancy, the pain is not that bad but at certain angles, my nerves at the wrists are being pressed on and I get the "electric shock" or numbness in my fingers.
Sleeping through
When can my baby achieve that?
I managed to put her to sleep only at about 2am, and she woke up for milk at 3.45am and kept waking up when I put her onto the bed. So, the put down-wake up-gotta put her to sleep-put down-wake up-put do sleep routine lasted until 4.50am. Am up now to pump.