Hello ladies
Have been following the thread but hardly post, only on and off.
miss83,
We tried a few methods to soothe baby to sleep. U can give it a try:
- Let him sleep on this tummy, and give him pacifier. Once he is asleep on his tummy, use a bean pillow to put on his backside (like a paper weight). He is less likely to fidget, hence can sleep longer.
- Let him lie on his back, use two bean pillows to weigh down both his hands (like a dead frog, if you know what i mean). By doing this, he can't fidget his hands and is more likely to sleep longer too.
- Another method is one that my hubby use, quite effective. That is use your finger to stroke his t-zone.
- We also bought a Fisher price Rainforest Take-along-Swing for him, sometimes when he doesn't want to sleep in his cot, we will put him on the swing. The swing is quite a miracle sometimes, in the afternoon, my boy can sleep straight for hours and only wakes up for his feed. After his feed, I immediately put him back on the swing again. If you don't want to buy a brand new swing (retail at $199.90), u can check out the Want to Sell thread. I think there are mummies selling 2nd hand of the swing.
Hope that helps.
Sling/Pouches
After reading Alfafa, Pups and many of your postings, I am so tempted to get one cos its a challenge to bring my boy out now. Carry until my arms ache. And I can't use my stroller yet cos its for 3mths and above. Pupsik has a push cart at Vivo selling the sling, I will probably check it out. I also like balboa, looks very comfy but quite exp. Don't want to spend too much cos once my boy is 3 mths, I will put him on stroller le.
For many of you who bought slings/pouches/carriers, do you all have strollers? or don't intend to get one, use the sling/carrier all the way?