(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

alfafa can you forward the Pikkolo feedback to me please?

Ashley will be at Sassybaby's place at 1-2pm to deliver and demo the Beco.
Thanks for hosting sassybaby
happy.gif
Think your place will transform into mini swimming carnival and bazaar sale on Fri.
 


Prosper, haa same here..want to get pupsik and Beco, 2 types of carrier for my gal and hope she likes both so gotta let her try if not will waste money, so hopefuly hubby will allows :p

Koala, where did u buy ur Balboa sling?
Hee dun be shy la..
happy.gif
 
alfafa, thanks for the link. I need to check out the typical one first before deciding.
We brought Zachary to his PD just now. Cos he was cranky since yesterday till this morning.
His stomach is very bloated and his milk intake drop to 60ml only.
PD say he might not be able to take cow's milk well also and told me not to take dairy products so that it will not pass through my milk to him. PD advise to feed him with soy or goat milk if we need supplement on formula milk. Got him ridwid and medicine for stomach pain.
PD also check his testicles and mentioned that both are descended (stupid polyclinic doctor dunno how to check properly).

pups, yup.. taking 13 weeks to be exact. Boss emailed me say they missed me already. Duhz..
 
seabreeze, so you prefer me to pass you the money on fri or transfer to you? thanks for helping to order.
happy.gif


Agnes, like pumpkin, I am also very satisfied with the Beco carrier. Baby marissa will either look ard or fall asleep in the carrier. Husband used the Beco yesterday while we shopped at NTUC. But seems like the Pikkolo has good review too, like the fact that baby can be carried facing front.
 
Oh Pumpkin seed, oh Ashley will be there personally?
So I if I am interested, can I buy the carrier frm her on the spot?
 
Gathering @ CompassPoint
Please choose a date u want:
25th/27th/29th May

1.ida & akmal rizqin
2. pups - 25th or 27th
3.grace
4. jo - Any date
5. kris - 29th
6. sportyger - Any date
7. bluebell
8. pei
9. Kome - Any date

Mummies, do let me know which date u want..
 
Beco vs Pikkolo comparison:

http://continuum-family.blogspot.com/2008/05/beco-butterfly-or-pikkolo.html

Yes Ashley will be coming to do delivery. Just make sure to PM me what pattern you want to see so she will bring it.
Patterns avail - www.cozybabies.com.sg

One thing about front forward facing carry for mums considering any sort of carrier - You won't want to do it after baby hits around 7 or 8 kg as it will really hurt your back. Got this fb from overseas forums, and bear in mind that they are 'ang mo' women who are bigger than most of us.
 
Propser
Same as you. Stinl thinking how to tell hubby, i think he going to nag at me again when he know that i had get the sling. Hahaha......he just told me yesterday not to get it but I also HACK CARE him.

Pumpkin Seed
Is there any link for the beco? Heehee.....just wanna take a look as how it look like.
 
Balboa sling
Hey mummies who wish to get the Balboa - I still have the 2 contacts whom I liaised with previously when I bought my sling. I'm not sure if they still carry the sling though cos I think their BP already ended. Not sure if I can post their contacts here... perhaps you can PM me if you want their contact.

Seabreeze,
Thanks much
happy.gif
May I know how much so I can prepare the amount for you next Fri? Are you all gonna bring your baby to the pool cos it will be first time for Chloe and for me :p

Sassybaby,
Thanks for hosting the gathering next week.

Looking forward to meet all of you!
 
jtho,
May I suggest using distilled water instead of mineral water for your baby? Distilled water is pure water whereas we are not sure if the mineral contain of mineral water is ok for a baby's system.
 
Irene,
I was told that I was missed even before I started my ML! I was on hospitalisation leave for pre-term labour prior to delivery. But then, after the previous experience of me and another colleague appearing only like 3 to 4 days a week until we cleared the rest of our ML, my boss subtly suggested to let her be "painful all at one go then to prolong it". So, that's it. I will take 16 weeks at a shot.
 
hahahaha! pups - i was told that i was missed when my colleague took over some of my work when i was still working... KNS!
 
hi mummies

Didn't post for awhile. Aniwae to share my views. I have a pikkolo and balboa. My bb loves both. He can sleep well in it. My hb loves pikkolo. I like pikkolo better cos the weight is well distributed and it felt surprising light tho my boy almost 6kg now. For balboa my shoulders ache. Haha. But bb can sleep very fast in it.

Can't join u gals for the gathering. My bb has his pneumococal jab in the morning. Afraid he get fever and cranky. Have fun!
happy.gif


My bb will be 3mths old this sun. Double celebration with mother's day. Juz sent him to be circumcised last mon. My heart damn pained. Haiz. Recovering now.. I felt traumatised when saw doc took the needles and scissor! Nearly fainted when saw the blood. Told doc to excuse me...
 
I want to extend my 3 months upfront ML to 4 months leh, but scared to tell my boss cos I just joined in Sep 08 when I was 3 mths pregnant.. Never realise bf so hard & I will miss my boy so much, does email to boss sound rude? My hubby ask me to call my boss direct, aiya, i so scared..maybe I just email her..hee..
 
hey mummies.. was reading frm yest but didnt post much coz was quite down as hubby involved in an accident till i forget that i have a post gynae appt also.. haizzz....

he self skidded and knocked into a toyota wish - the person called him back later that damages amounted to $400 - but asked him topay $250 only - dunt know ehther to claim insurance or not coz when i ride and knocked into a taxi - fly onto the bonnet some more - i claimed insurance - and that year my premium went up - hubby tot better pay - but as he started work.. dunnow how.. so his boss wanted to loan him the cash first.... i was smsing Daphne.. and she advised me the same too.. to pay rather claim... my bike meter crashed further.. the bike key dented... but still can ride... haiiizzzz

Daphne - nice meeting u yest... btw.. u love frogs and green colour

mummies - if i want to buy 2 pcs swinnming diapers if anyone has to spare - missy - if u are buying a pack... can get frm u .... as i tink alfafa one full house liao distribute

afcai is the one having the L swimming diapers isit??
 
Mangogal, Sportyger, Prosper & Koala,

Pls pay me $18.60 each for the float (include registered mail). Can pass to me on Fri or if you wan to tt to me, I can PM you my acct number.
 
btw.. i receive yan's carrier - the X type - very comfy esp for toddler stage = no rings or belts to fiddle with -just slip on ur body... if interested - let me know as yan gonna order again.. i ordered for my colleagues also...
happy.gif
- now is $17 she said as shipping was high - but ask her again later
 
alfafa, ya, the cloud carrier is with brown straps, hee..me salah... Can I have the link where they write all the benefits & disadvs of various carriers? Want to forward to hubby to convince him his money's worth, keke..
 
alfafa...was asking u .. but tink bb grace was sick and u did not notice my post - come lah join us at compasspoint - just take a longer mt ride only.. kekekek

btw the fridge to go u have is a life saver for me.. when my fridge broke down last year and had to wait for a few days for new fridge to come.. i bot another one... frezze the panels for 12 hours at werk.. bring home.. the one at home.. ask n'bour to freeze for me.. my milk was at n'bours and the office.. after my fridge came.. i sold off my other one to my colleague who also just gave birth and needs a cooler bag..

now i see my cooler bag is torn at the top.. think can sew back or not.. or have to get new one.. coz my coooler bag is a necessity transporting my ebm frm werk and home and when gg out.... ask hubby again... if cannot sew - i mite get that one frm u.. urs is new isit?
 
pups, misscandy... same here.. i wish i could take 16 weeks at one go, but boss say not enough people to handle projects so need me to go back, so we compromise on 12 weeks. I took an extra 1 week cos Zachary was in NICU for the first week, I wanted to spend more time with him before I go back.

Ida, hope your hubby is fine. my advise is better pay then premium go up, but see the receipt first before paying, cos you will not know if that Wish's driver is out to make you pay more.
 
that wish's driver send for repair already?
I'm not too sure how much these will cost leh.. can't help you on this. sorry.
 
Alfafa, i hv jt pm u.

Pumpkinseed, thanks for the link. I have oso read that one drawback is that the forward front carry suitable up to 8kg. So in a few mths time cant do that anymore. Now Pikkolo oso feature twill cotton.

Sportyger, thanks for the positive feedback on Beco.
happy.gif
Gotta consider carefully due to the cost.

hm...gotta think think think... I tot of getting an additional balboa cos different carry style. If anyone getting it, can we get it together? Where to get huh??
 
ida - ya make sure see receipt... last time my ex & i kena TOK badly... and we didnt knww.... haiii... that time he was sending me home.. then stopped at traffic lights downhill.. he didnt step on brakes fully then knocked the car infront... but it wasnt very jialat leh... jus some scratches and small dent at his bumper... we went to his car shop... then the 2 choices were either pay instalment or one shot... i told my ex 1 shot better la.. dont wan to drag.. we paid $850! and i paid for it lo... tt time is my ex's father's car.. then he stil schooling no money.... haiii.... then after the incident, i asked an older frn... he said we kena tok badly... doesnt cost that much lo... so sian... but money gone then gone la... dont wan to bother also... heh...

ida - the swimming one im getting frm alfafa also leh... hee hee... but im goin to go dwn to the minimart later to see if they sell and cheaper or not... jus a note, the little swimmers, S is starting frm 7kg leh.. i dunno if will be too big for our babies? thats wad i saw frm the website jus nw posted... but i will check again later... if i see it...
 
ida,
I think it's better to pay than claim too.. premium can be v expensive next yr.. Wat matters is ur hubby's fine.. I will update the dates..
happy.gif
 
yes. the balboa is just like other slings... cn use it to carry other ways... i saw the brochure but never really read properly la.. since for now is jus one way.. hahahaha
 
agnes,
haha.. icic..

this thread very tempting 1 lei..

i m not getting a carrier, got a pram liao.. enough.. keke

no lobang la.. if got, no need chiong the post that mscandy show me.
mscandy, hor.. :p
 
OMG she's crying everytime I put her down today.

Am reading but can't post. Agnes, Pumpkin, you should have received my forwarded mails by now. Pumpkin, have also sent you the hip carry instructions for pikkolo.

vivien, don't know if you are referring to this
http://www.theportablebaby.com/carrierfeatures.html

prosper! you funny lah. $28 for your balboa then this pikkolo is what? 29.90? hahahah so funny ok I'll put it in

really must go she has become very clingy ever since she fell ill. Jiat lard

ida,
compass point too far lah. :p
 
hahahaha.... teach u... jus reserve it 1st next time... then u ask qns... ppl act very fast de... i think the one u wan ppl reserve le...
 
Hi,

Can I join you all at compasspoint? Me okay on 25th and 27th. Will b going from the east-tampines area. Anyone wanna share cab?

I taken goat's rye but only once a day...wondering is it because there was this time whereby i only latch n pump only 2-3 times a day only that's y my ms dropped drastically?
 
alfafa - i read somewhere that jus assure her and let her cling.. when she grows bigger she wun be that clingy and will be confident... if now let her be hor... next time will be insecure and not so confident... =)
 
ackkkkkkkkk i cnt find my balboa box leh.... grrrr... dunno where i hid it.... i hid it frm hubby initially... LOL... now really cnt find it le.... zzzz
 
ladies, have i missed out anyone?

confirmed
1x mocca rouge + belt (alfafa)
1x orbit + belt (sassy)
1x paradise + belt (daphne)
1x Cloud + belt (Vivien)
1x mocca rouge + belt (prosper)

pending confirmation
1x mocca rouge + belt (jtho, only if can rec by 20 may)


misscandy,
v siong now. can hardly type
btw tot swim diapers S is for uo to 7kg?
so how you buy or i buy? think koala's idea is gd. order fr gmarket deliver directly to sassy's hse .. need sASSy to coordinate on her end though
 
alfafa, ur link is gd. can really know the diff among all carriers. so seem like our choice is good. excited to use it liao.
 
i'm so tempted to get the Pikkolo in Paradise design :p Juz wanna see the Beco demo at Sassy's before i decide
happy.gif


Btw, missy, are u getting the swim diapers? i'll get 2 pcs from u also if we're sharing
happy.gif


Ida, are u getting the nursing cover? i'm interested also, does that make 4 of us yet for the BP?
 


ida - wad carrier did u buy? wads the web? i wan to see also leh.. hee

starflower/alfafa - i later go to minimart to see hw much they sell, if they sell.. then i come back n report then we see how....
 

Back
Top