(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Kris
Problem is i eat alot of junk foods and cold drinks, if my son fall sick my mum blames me. So no matter i 'bu she de', i still have to harden my heart to stop breastfeed.
 


Asura
good idea! will do that if i really going
no need to say sorry, it's so nice of u to suggest already
happy.gif
 
Gathering @ Sassybaby's Serangoon Gardens
Date: Friday 15th May
Timing : 1230pm - 430pm
Food: Lunch/High Tea Menu will be catered. Pls be prepared ard $15/pax.


confirmed attendees -

1. missycandy(candace) & Kirsten
2. Kris & baby
3. Seabreeze & baby
4. keron&jeris(kris) & Kayla
5. Kome(Yvonne) & Anver
6. Pei & Mikaela
7. Daphne & Ugin
8. prosper(fiona) & Kayle
9. alfafa(hazel) & Grace
10. starflower(lorraine) & Keenan
11. Laurel & pumpkinseed
12. sportyger(yvonne) & marissa ann
13. Queenie(emily) & Tristan
14. Idaarshad(risha) & Akmal Rizqin
15. Jo/mickeymummy(Jolene) & Eddric

TBC attendees -

1. Cindy & Trishelle
2. tuskywoolie & Abel (pls pm me ur number =D )
3. Wintertime(summer) & Wilber
4. Irene & Zachary (pls pm me ur number =D )
5. pups & Kaeris (pls pm me ur number =D )
6. pinkdemoness(daphne) & Elixir
7. bluebell & baby (pls pm me ur number =D )
8. Annt(ann) & Ashton
9. p3pp3r(Joyce) & Ziv
 
regarding BM..can I mix EBM which i just pumped and EBM which I already froze last month - when they are already in the same temperature?
 
minnie24, dun worry, my bb also cries super loud... come and join us, i also dun dare to bring her out but since so mummies ard, i guess nothing to worry.

kome, my bb also likes to suckle my breast to sleep, still tinking how to handle when i go back to work cos still need to pump at night if i insisted on feeding EBM. dun tink my hubby will wake up to feed as his work is too hectic and he needs more rest than me. if i get my MIL, that means i need to knock her door every 3 hours as bb is sleeping wif me, sighs... how how??

jtho, i will avoid if possible. in fact i was supposed to meet up my friends last week, but HK reported 1 confirmed case and suay suay one of my friends just came back from HK, so i insisted not to meet them till maybe a week later.. cos my gal is still so small, by the time we confirmed the disease, it could mean that the pple we saw have already kenna the virus..
 
hi...my ms oso dropping considerably...

now no longer pumping...since my bb lactose intolerant...thinking of going FM w Friso soon...easier 4 caregivers too...
happy.gif
 
Wahaha......my mum just nag at me. She said how come i never pump for Anver to drink and asked i won't feel engorge meh.......She said i did not care for my children , only for myself.
 
kome
my mom also like that...they said that bcoz they fogot how it felt when going thru BF and the struggle...it was years ago right...dont take it to heart okay..
 
any mummies have spare those normal bottle discs or not? can sell cheaply to me coz last time bot bottles - some dun come wth discs....


missy.. my name ida lah sayang.. risha is my 1st doter's name.. kekekeke
 
btw i forget to ask mummies... any mummies got any similac mum for sale or to give.. finished my 2nd tin liao... so tot if any mummies have spare or dun drink
 
alfafa,
The blood streaked mucus in Grace's poo can be due to an allergy to something you have eaten. It happened to my #1 last time and I managed to track back to the DOM I drank. I threw away 10 packets of ebm that time as a result of that!

miss83,
So long as you keep to a fixed pumping schedule, you should be fine. For my #1, he weaned himself off my breasts since 4.5 months but I continued to pump (4 times a day) until he was 8 months old. I intentionally dropped my pumping frequency from 6 months onwards due to lactation issues at work. So, from 4.5 months until 6 months, he was still on total breastmilk despite exclusive pumping.

Kome,
Seriously, you don't have to worry about eating junk food and breastfeeding. Our body is a big filtration system... only the nutrients and things which can pass through the barrier between your blood circulation system and breastmilk (e.g. excessive caffeine and alcohol and some medications) will get to the baby. For deep fried food, your body will process such that only the protein, carbo and fats goes to the baby. From birth to pre-schooler age, the child needs full cream/fats for their body. So don't worry.

Keronjeris,
Can drop the pump session in the middle of the night. Pump before you sleep and pump when you first wake up. I did that last time for my #1. I had to pump say around 12am... and wake up at 5.15am to pump before getting ready for work. I do not latch my boy in the morning due to shortage of time and he suckled very slowly.
 
juz got home.. hb and i bought tristan to PS for his 1st swimming session.. haha he seems to enjoyed it so we purchased the package there..
first time tk express bus at my tamp hse bus-stop all the way straight to macdonald house.. so convenient.
luckily is an express bus so lesser passengers = lesser virus carrier. haha..

pups
i see i see.. haha by then i muz learn new patterns again..

missycandy
food wise im ok with anything.. =) thanks !

alfafa
praying for grace for protection. she will be fine.

Pigpig / teddybaby
wan to share cab to sassy place if u are going? can go pick u all up..
happy.gif
 
alfafa,
yaya, go ggathering.
but i in the west lei..

anyw, where are the places i can try try balboa sling?

dun worry, bb grace will be well soon.
 
mummies,
need advises on EBM.

is it true that those keep in fridge or frozer EBM do not have anymore antibodies? only nutrients?

I am also on exclsively pumping, so far everyday, i make sure there are 6 feeds in the fridge. Now, i started to pump and store in freezer. Like some mentioned, there are some bbs who do not like the frozen BM. So i am thinking to start boy getting use to the taste, bef. i start work.
 
jtho, for me, i will rather play it safe.. especially there are cases of the swine virus at europe.

alfafa, Grace will be fine. Do update.

mangogal, Zachary's breathing is noisy too, especially when he sleep at aircon room. Like something stuck inside..

miss83, I'm doing total pumping. milk supply ranges from 160-240ml last time, but recently, due to mastitis, drop to 120-180ml, the infection side yield 20ml lesser.
 
re:EBM
i read in a book that the breast milk we pump today contain different nutrients from last month's EBM. so might not be compatible to baby's need as he is also growing. the solution is to rotate the frozen one regularly. use the the frozen one for today's feed and change with the one that u recently pumped.

but i also have a question regading this..
can I mix the frozen EBM with the one that I just pumped today - given both already at the same temp?
 
irene,kome
i think my MS may drop due to lack of fluid intake also. today will drink more fluid and see how..if it's the same then it means my MS really drop..
 
Miss83
I had asked my friend before, she is a nurse and had TBF her 9 mths girl. She told me can add together the EBM under same temperature that is within 24hours only. Yup, drink more fluid will help increase MS also.
 
kome
so that means frozen EBM from last month can't combine with today's EBM (although it'll be consumed within 24 hour)?

re:FM
how long can we keep FM in the bottle? sometimes I already prepare one and baby refuse to drink..feel so sayang to throw away..
also, when traveling can we use the same bottle to make FM or it has to be one new bottle for each feed?
 
AN ALERT FROM ALFAFA - HER INTERNET IS DOWN - SO I WAS SMSING HER AND SHE INFORMED TO TELL MUMMIES IN THE LOOP - <font color="ff0000">BREASTFEEDING MUMS - DUN DRINK TOO MUCH COW MILK EG: DAIRY PRODUCTS AS UR BABIES MITE BE ALLERGIC TO IT LIKE HERS - REASON WHY HER BB GRACE HAS BLOOD IN STOOLS / BB BECOMES CRANKY &amp; LETHARGIC - HAVE TO STOP BREASTFEEDING FOR A DAY AND EVEN PUMP OUT EBM TO THROW AWAY</font>
 
miss 83 / kome / pups.. thank u.. i will arrange to collect from u .... i stay sengkang so should be ok... ging to sassy's place or not? so can i collect frm there or if not i will arrange to collect asap frm u .... thanks darling mummies
 
<font color="0000ff">mummies i was thinking to get this nursing cover - very cheap... as one march mummy (daphne) advised good buy leh.. it is reversible and can choose the slected fabrics - if we have more thatn 4 orders - each would be $20 only - if 1 - would be $24.90... so how.. we get it sent to one mummy's address and collect - any mummies interested</font> - the link - http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/2415508.html?1241524129
 
miss83, FM can keep 1hr only.

Zac is cranky today also.. don't wanna sleep and keep whinning.. dunno what happen to him..
 
Miss83 &amp; Irene
Normally, i will just keep unfinshed FM warm for only half hour, after that i will just throw it away. Although wasteful but will be better for baby.
 
Dairy products....
Yes I also stopped drinking milk was on anmum lactation.. But ugin was affected by the milk Drank.. So now as much as I love dairy I went to the minimum... That is why I am feeding him goats milk.

Nursing covers...
Wow same product selling at different price.. Think buy from
Ebay better cheaper... Oh yes it's advisable to buy if your are tbf... Simply find a seat snd feeding is solved..

Pumpkin and starflower van consider buying it though..

Alfafa
God watched over little babies.. Grace will be fine... Cut on dairy perhaps???
 
Tea has caffeine which when breast feeding is not advisable.

Milo????
I am not sure but if there is milk in the content then I reckon is dairy products... I dun drink milo...
 
Re: Bf &amp; Pumping'
Have cut down on the mid-nite pumps as i latch him directly....Recently, I pump every 6hrly bcos i'm trying to tune my body to this interval when i go back office. I feel tat after I start latching him, the ss is better as compared to total pumping.

As for the food to be taken, I eat &amp; drink everything including coffee...hee~~

Re: Nursing cover
Yes, it's quite a necessity if you're not into nursing wear. I've been using it quite frequently esp during the weekends when I'm out.

Noisy nose
Yup, Ryan oso has noisy nose esp when he is sleeping. He oftens snorts likes a pig too...hee~~ wonder how long this will last???
 
share with you some Q&amp;A I got from BMSG.

Breastmilk Storage Guidelines

1) Frozen milk Storage time
Frozen milk (kept in FREEZING COMPARTMENT) can be kept for 3-6months. You have to place the breastmilk in the coldest part of the compartment and do not place it at the door as opening and closing will varies the temperature. The no. of times the door being open also will affect how long you can keep. Frozen milk does have a stronger taste (sometimes fishy) after thaw due to the breakdown of fats in the milk during the whole process. This is normal and drinkable.

Guidelines we offer normally for chilled breastmilk is 48hours as Singapore climate is hot and thus our fridge temperature also varies when we opens them. However, if the milk does not taste rancid or turn bad after 48 hours, it is still consumable.

Recent NEW foundings note that breastmilk can be kept in chiller up to 7 days. Please note that this information has note been dictated yet.

2) Defrosting frozen milk.
Bring your frozen breastmilk from the freezer to the chiller first to thaw gradually. When your baby is about to drink, then take it out from the chiller to further thaw or warm it in warmer. Once breastmilk is thaw, you cannot freeze it again and have to be consumed within 4 hours counting from thawing in normal temperature. If you baby cannot finish his breastmilk from one feed, you can actually change the teat of the bottle and let it stand in a cool place. Warm it again when he is ready to drink. Also stick to the 4 hours guide. YOU CAN ONLY FREEZE ONCE AND THAW ONCE!

3) How long can the milk be left out after warming.Some times I prepare the milk for him assuming that he will drink at that time. However, he only drinks it 30 - 45 mins later.
After warming, offer the breastmilk to your baby. If he cannot finish or not ready to consume, it can be left for 4 hours counting from thawing time at normal temperature. Do not place the bottle of breastmilk in warmer constantly til your baby consume as the heat will decrease the immulogical values of breastmilk. Only warm it when your baby wants to drink.

4) If he does not finish the milk, can I put it back in the fridge and use later? Can this milk be mixed with the other milk?
If he cannot finish, place it at a cool place in your house and change the teats of the bottle to avoid contaminations further. Do not place it in warmer constantly. Only warm it again when baby is ready to drink. There is no need to put it back in the fridge. If you mean mix with somemore breastmilk, it is possible.

5) What is the recommended qty I should store in the bottle. I assume he is
consuming about average 4 ounce each feed.
Start from 80-100 ml for the first few packs. After few feedings, you will be able to gauge better how much is your baby consumption and change to his volume thereafter.
 
Talking about nursing cover, I am thinking of selling off my Obuba one. Mine is still brand new, not washed yet. Very useful to have but it is too big for me cos I am quite short. Any mummies insterested in it, please pm me. Mine is brown with flower trimming.

Daphne,
Were you using the Pretty Maris one yesterday?
I love the dimension of the one alfafa made.

Dairy allergies
For babies with dairy allergies, other than cow's milk, mummies may want to cut down on cheese as well. I had that problem with #1. His poo was stringy, greenish and a little blood-stained when I ate cheese during his first 2 months.
 
anyone wan s26? i have 2 tins to let go. i tried to let my bb drink but she doesnt like it leh... =( keep crying. haiii... one is unopened. one opened and used ard 6scoops le. let me knw ba. will sell it cheap cheap ba. thanks.
 
My ms seemed to remain the same, but no matter what, think I'll stop at 6 mths. Reason being, MIL wants me to stop at 6 mths as she thinks too long bf will hamper fertility (she wants another grandson, ;p).. As for hubby, he always feels that I spend too much time expressing milk, leaving him to take care of baby too much. We have quarrels on this too, and once he really hurt me by saying, "u just go pump your milk"..He also wanted me to latch baby at nite solely so that he won't have to wake up and help to feed baby at nite.. I explained to him that I'm already drained with 4-hrly pumping, including once at 3am and I cannot constantly wake up throughout the night for latching.. The reason why I hand-expressed is to build supply and for baby to get used to bottel when I return to work next time..and he refused to understand. He just wanted me to pump more times, when I'm already drained with 4-hrly pumping per day, there is once when I'm so hurt that I teared when I was expressing milk.. So I think, that's it, I'll endure till max 6 mths..
 
Ida,
Forgot to reply to your question. I prefer if you can pick up the milk from my place cos the morning of the gathering I have to go to my parents' place first. Very troublesome to lug the tin of milk all around the place. Anyway, your house and mine is within walking distance. No need to bring all the way to Serangoon Gardens and back lah ;)

Vivien,
I can empathise. I spent a lot of time pumping for my #1 as well and my hubby had to look after the baby a lot when I was constantly pumping away. This time I latch on a lot more and only pump twice a day. Baby does drink ebm at least once a day (usually at night after I have drained my breasts), if not more (other times when I am not at home or when she cries for milk only after I pump).
 
clio.. dont know leehh.. but u go see the BP.. like that mah... btw i tink different ppl?? then better i go n get from this marrisa horr - thanks...

pups.. no worries lah... can take frm and dun wanna trouble u also leh - any diff that nursing cover with yours??
 
ah.... my tristan driving me nuts.cry cry don wan milk don wan slp... zzzzzzzzz

btw the nursing cover is on offer nw in smh..
18 plus free postage...
 


Back
Top