(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

SG,
Discount at mothercare is not for everyday purchase..Just that recently i received a mothercare 15% discount voucher from DBS valid till 22 Dec 08 only. For Tangs, i think u use Tangs member card got more rebates like 12% which moomooland got..normal citibank only 6%.

hey mummies,
if u haven't got maybank credit card, can go apply too..they giving $100 credit..so use for 1 time liaoz can cancel the card..heehee abit cheapo lah..but $100 leh! Think standchart also got but donno how much
happy.gif

wah vernice, u really noe all the perks for every credit cards..haha..gd gd..can save alot of $. =) unlike me, i can't rmbr which cards can be used at which store to get rebates/discounts..hee..

Hey Mummies,

good morning.... this week's motivation will be the long weekend's that's coming.

Nana & Misscandy,
My hubby done research for me at SITEX last thursday and friday. we compared the specs on Friday night and went down on Sat morning.

arrived at 10.30am, so went to JL sales first grab some EXL panties and go off to SITEX..

Hubby bought me a laptop as present, he said he see me suffer so bad for this pregnancy and buy it for me, kekeke.. , thinks its too early, so not much ppl yet. we are out of there by 12.00pm.. chop chop... i would have wanted to walk around morae but condition not favorable. hubby was chasing me out of the plce when the crowds come in.

Re: Mrs Wong's class,
I went there on Sat 7.00pm class..

Queenie,
The baby cot you bought online can be converted?

Sunshinebaby,
We wanted to go for the OG sales last weekend. But no one takes care of my gal... So never went in the end. And my hubby said too early to buy... In the end will be like #1. Bought the playpen at 5-6months and then collect dust at home.. Think have to wait till later then buy..
sad.gif

I will be very busy these few days.. So sad... My hubby is working night shift for these 2 days... I have to take care of my gal myself...
sad.gif

Baby Items
Mummies, my ex-collegue has her own shop. Her website is http://www.babyhypermall.com/
Not sure if she has your desired brand of baby items. Can have a look... But i find her stuffs all quite ex coz her brands all quite high-end ones...

morn mummies!

can't find the thread over the weekend. haha i spend so much at OG 20% discount sales. bot almost all of bb's everyday use and essentials liao
happy.gif
hee hee left only the big 2 items to get for bb, his bb cot and carseat. target to get by this week or next so after this we can relax and enjoy my 3rd tri
happy.gif

hey sunshinebaby! u went for the mothers-get-together? we went too? where were you sitting? hee hee see if i can remember how you looked like? i quite enjoyed the session, esp after break haha before break i was like dozing ;P the nurses seemed very nice and the rooms are good, esp west 6. must rem to ask for west 6 during pre-reg if possible! :D

sung
u attended the same class as me? i'm sitting beside the projector - purple top... where r u sitting? if u can recgonise me, say Hi to me next wk lei...

morning wishaboy!!!

<font color="0000ff">Any more updates???</font>

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Sat AM/PM</TD><TD>Sun PM</TD><TD>Fri PM</TD><TD>Sat AM/PM</TD><TD>Sun PM</TD><TD>Fri PM </TD></TR><TR><TD>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Remarks</TD><TD>06-Dec</TD><TD>07-Dec</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>13-Dec</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>19-Dec </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>princess in dreamland</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>pinkdemoness</TD><TD></TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>afcai</TD><TD>depends time/date</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Queenie</TD><TD>Yes for 6 &amp; 13 Dec but only available for AM</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>gingal</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>wish a boy</TD><TD>weekdays</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Kome</TD><TD></TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>lenny susanty</TD><TD>let me know dates cos depends on my mum's surgery</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>sunshinebaby</TD><TD></TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Joyce Tan</TD><TD>depends on date</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Devil</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>mangogal</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>teddybaby</TD><TD>depends on date</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Wintertime</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>2dogs1kid</TD><TD>weekdays</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Irene</TD><TD>depends on 12-Dec Fri Timing</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>babe(kazooie)</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Asura</TD><TD>weekday dinners or weekends after 4 Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>fatfish</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>minnie24</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>sportyger</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>nana</TD><TD>depends on whether my hubby is in sin or not</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>yiyi123</TD><TD>depends on date</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Jasminenbc</TD><TD>depends on date</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>sung</TD><TD>depends on date</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>caca</TD><TD>Most of days ok maybe bringing my gal depends</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Daphne</TD><TD>depends on huby in sin - lunch or tea will be better</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Agnes Chew</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>jtho</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>keron&amp;jeris</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>missycandy</TD><TD>weekdays out for me. Work too hectic. Friday dinner can</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>vivien</TD><TD></TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>sg (sherg)</TD><TD></TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>sassybaby</TD><TD></TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Total of 'YES'</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>8</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>8</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">21</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

morning mummies,
though today is monday, i am very happy cos i'll be on leave on wed - fri. means only work 2 days this week. then i realise, i dun have to work full week from now till end of this year, cos next week got public holiday, means work 4 days, then following week, taking 3 days leave so working 2 days and after that will be Xmas and New Year week.
happy.gif

Just pop in to say hello mummies! long time no log in, hope everyone is fine! so fast we're already more than halfway into our pregnancy!

errh sunshine, not at the class, hee at gleneagles mothers-get-together, wun hv next week hahaha ;P where were you sitting in the auditorium? wonder if we were in the same group tour
happy.gif

wow jtho, so shiok for you! haha good to have break now hee.

morning mommies!

sunshinebaby
can u update mine under Joyce Tan, just change my name back to the same as my nick.. i can only make it on the 13 Dec.. Thks...

sung,
yeah, i need to clear 9 days of leave by end of this month. going to KL with hubby this week so applied 3 days leave, then the other six days will apply after we get our bonus on the 15th, like that can go shopping...
happy.gif

jtho : envy u man .. short working week till next year ..

I going for my detailed scan this Thurs .. hooray can see bb

sung
u at gleneagles last sat? i'm sitting at 3rd row corner fr front b4 the break... i'm wearing black/orange/white foral top with a tied ribbon behind... can recongise me? wat abt u? where u sitting? as for tour grp, me is the 1st couple for the 2nd grp...

morning mummies!! next Monday is a PH (Hari Raya Haji), so we will have a long weekend ahead.. hahahaahaa :p

I have been thinking if we should get the stroller and breast pump now since many friends of mine advised me to purchase them later. For stroller, you can put your baby on the strollers for trial so that you know which one suits him/her best after he/she was born. For breast pump, many friends of mine gave up BF once they went back to work, so should i invest in a good one?

Car seat : one of my friends' friend kenna summoned for not having an infant seat in the car. Reason is we are not supposed to hand carry them (exception is for baby who just discharged). but when you need to bring the bb back to the hospital for injections, it is a must to have the infant/car seat. Even if you are carrying the bb, the TP wont summon you. Dunno how true it is...

Babycot : All looks the same to me, cant really made up my mind, it is either white or brown, will wait till nearer xmas, maybe there will be more discounts?

Btw, if you are going to Takashimaya, they have a Maternity &amp; Baby checklist which you are get from the cashier counter. It shows all the items you need for a newborn bb and MTBs like us. It will also state the quantities and price ranges for each individual items. Think that's a good list as i m first time MTB too.

Hi ladies,
i am currently 27 weeks pregnant and having some painless tightening at the front tummy area that last for about 10 to 20 seconds each time. The tummy will "raised up" and become very hard. Sometimes is 1 side of the tummy and sometimes is the whole front tummy. i have that 2 to 3 times a day at no fixed timing. Is that normal? I am so worry about pre-mature contractions.

mummies
taka having 10% storewide for card members fr tmr, 2 Dec to Fri, 5 Dec...

sung
hv u got the rico bb cot? i'm thinking whether to get it now or wait for another sale...

keron
mayb u wanna get the manual pump first? if u realli keen in continue bf, then u can invest in better pump later on??

breast pump,
my colleague suggest that i buy the breast pump first. she said to stimulate the milk flow immediately after birth in order to have a constant supply for bb. so i might take her advice and get the breast pump soon.

car seat,
the last time i went to bb kingdom, the sales lady showed me an official notice from traffic police that all babies from 2 weeks onwards must be place in a car seat. cannot carry them in arm.

re: Car Seat

Its actually better to start the child on car seat early to avoid situation where they 'reject' car seat - like my fren's son who TOTALLY hates the car seat.

I started my son on car seat when he was v young and now he sits in the car seat on his own at the back.

For infant car seat, its rear facing so you can sit at the back and the bb will be facing you

yck
i got that too.. dun worry.. think itz fine becoz our womb is preparing for labour.. they are on "trial".. shld be the braxton contraction.. i read an article stating tat such thing actually even happens when we r into our 8th week pregnancy but just tat when we r nearer to delivery such experiences r more obvious.. it can be uncomfortable but shld be ok one.. try rest more...

jtho ....

the BEST way to stimulate milk flow is to latch on the baby =) not via pump unless you having c-section so its painful due to the wound

seabreeze,
yeah, my colleague did mention latch on, but she said still can stimulate when baby not latching on via pump. dunno leh, very green on this. first time mum mah. anyway, will check with lactation consultant next week during my class in NUH.

Joyce,
i dunno until how old leh. maybe got to check with traffic police. later after my breakfast (as i am eating now), i'll try to browse and see if it is stated on website.

jtho ...

hmmm my feel is that demand = supply for breastfeeding ... so if you over stimulate you might end up having engorgement. but you can check with the lactation consultant again =)

hi mummies,
as promised previously regarding the massage lady my hubby's colleage recommend, her name is Mona and contact no is 90260085. Her rate is $35 for 1-hour session. But she doesn't do areas from Chinatown onwards to west area. since i live in Clementi, i cannot engage her service
sad.gif
. however, if u r interested, u may call her up to find out more details.

Hi mummies,
Im back from busy work from the whole of last week. When for my glucose test, and the result turn out not so good
sad.gif
I have to monitor my sugar level and intake of food I take. They lend me the reader for testing my blood sugar, have to do 6 times a day, before each meal and 1 hour after meal. I have to really cut down all sweet stuff, rice, starch, bread etc.... Poor me seems like can't take anything like that
sad.gif
And I was surprise I only put on 500g since my detailed scan 5 weeks ago. In total I only put on less than 3kg and Im now into 3rd trimester le. But lucky baby is doing well, as his weight at 25weeks 5 days is at 916g, my gynae is quite happy about it, she says not big and not too small just nice.

Joyce,
i cannot find info on the traffic police page. but found something on kkh website.
babies up to 9 mths - infant capsule rear-facing
9 mths to 4 years - convertible seat front-facing
approx 5 to 8 years - booster seat

sunshine, hee tink we were in the same group. i was also in the 2nd group, was wearing white polo with beige pants. sorry, really poor memory now, can't recall the clothes worn by other mummies. were you with a fren or hubby? i rem our group got 1 is with fren, another with mother, 1 caucasian and i tink the rest with hb hee
happy.gif

oh not getting the rocio cot, not sure if you read my earlier 2 replies. recommended not to get rocio cot coz not vanished, may hv splitters easily nxt time, dangerous for bb... tat's why still looking around, can't find suitable one tat i fancy yet :p

morning gals..

Sun, I was there. ya.. so many mummies, can't recgonise who is who. Were u in facebook? maybe I should see your photo and spot you the next time i go for the class.. hahaha The session was not too bad.
were u sitting near the toilet side or the drinks side? I am sitting near the enterance. the one wearing brown cardi with green top.

yck, are you stroking your tummy unnecessarily? Wong BB told us tt if we keep stroking tummy, it will cause "fake contractions" and may lead of early birth leh..

seabreeze and jtho, i heard from my anenatal class that some bbs wun latch on first 2 days coz they are tired and sleepy. so maybe during this time can prep manual pump so can still do some pumping and save the breast milk? hee hee tat's what i tot so i bot a manual pump first not sure if correct coz also ftm, just to share
happy.gif

sung,
that's what i know from a lot of friends that either bb won't latch on for the first 2 days, or that mummies just can't produce enough milk for the first 2 days.
i went for my class on sat, i remembered that the physiotherapist was sharing her experience that she was ordered to produce at least 600ml of milk for her bb but was only able to get around 200ml. when she was panicking, she remembered her friends telling her to pump bit by bit to stimulate. then finally she managed to get the 600ml for her baby, and after that, managed to produce enough milk each time.

sung
i tink i rem u... u wearing spec right? u did raised qn when we r at the antenatal class if i rem correctly...

re: bb cot
realli? feedback fr other mummies who used rocio issit? wat u mean by splitters? the wood not vanished, tot i feel the wood, it is quite smooth... hmmm i oso hv to look ard again...

Hi mummies,

I found this regards to car seat

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/Driving_in_Singapore/Faq/seatbeltfaq.htm#why

Keron,
I hv yet to get stroller and breast pump too.. I might be using my friend's breast pump first to see if I can continue with breast feeding. Infact my friend stop BF after confinement hence she advised me to try first before investing in one.

As for car seat, so far my sil din get any summons for not using car seat and now her son son is ard 14 months. Guess she is lucky. However, both my hubby and I feel its good to get coz bb's safety is impt.

Vernice80, nana and princess in dreamland,

I din manage to read the thread yesterday coz had prob in logging in. Well, hope to you gals this thurs ( except nana,as yours is on tues). see ya.

Devil,
I have send my gal on her 1st trail class at growing up gifts. Guess what she cried so loud even Im with her, so malu... So now my hubby and I thinking better to start her ASAP, to make her use it. Her class most of the children is ok as they're not 1st time there and the mummies there tell me its like that for 1st few times ask me don't worry too much, she will get use to it.

jasmine,

I m going for my glucose test on 18 dec. Dun worry, as long as your bb is doing fine..guess we need to really cut down on starch and sugar.

wintertime
i'm not added in facebook... i add u, wat's yr email addr? i'm sitting at the left side of the projector when facing the screen, in purple top...

Jasmine
You started your gal already? So fast... Me still looking around. Thot of getting weekday classes for her.. But looks like the playgroup all having school holidays now... Central abit far for me leh...

jasmine
is it all mummies need to do the glucose test?
dun worry, as long as control yr diet, will not hv much prob...

jtho
u mean 600ml per pump session? That's alot leh.. The last time I only managed the max 400ml...
sad.gif

Must be more hardworking this time round. Hope there is time with my #1 round...

Back