(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Hi Musicbox,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I will look at your blog!
happy.gif

Cheers,
Lucida

Wow..I just had a quick look and noticed that you really do alot of handson stuff with your children.. Do you work or you are a SAHM? I have been having thoughts of being a SAHM but so much uncertainty particularly on the finance part so did not do it...

Hi Lucida,
I'm a working mother
happy.gif

many think that I'm very hardworking, but frankly I'm a lazy mom and day time my kids are with babysitter, I only have around 2 hours each day (weekday) with my kids
sad.gif

I'm not those very hardworking mother that will flash cards or read to the kids often, I let my kids learn through playing. I only teach my girl (2 years 8 mths now) a phonics lesson once a week, and she attends 1 hour enrichment class every sat just for fun.
I think learning with kids is very enjoyable, only the mother knows how well is the kid and whether he progresses.
When my girl still can't recognise A-Z, many of my friends' kids who are younger than her already knew that. But i'm not worry about it, I just let her play the ABC magnets, and now she speaks much better than those kids.
Many times you'll hear friends recommend or suggest to you wat to do or wat to teach ur kids, for me i'll take those good advice but I won't follow all of them. E.g. my friend told me I should send my girl to Sichida to train her memory and who and who can memorise thousands words after attended Sichida.... To me, memorising thousands words is not a big deal, instead of letting the kids memorise something meaningless, I prefer to groom their creativity and interest.
Talk to your girl more (which I also need to improve on, ha), she'll impress you one day, just a matter of time, don't worry!

As a working mother, we have lesser time with the kids, so after work all my time are devoted to my kids. When i accompany my kids, we play, read, watch Children DVDs, and NOT watching adult drama.
We spend more quality time together
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Sorry for interruption.

Any kids going to Sunflower childcare? I have 2 sets of uniform and 2 sets of PE attire for sale. All BRAND NEW. Size is M. Letting go at reasonable price.
My child is not attending the childcare but I have bought it during the trial period.

PLS PM if Keen! Thank you!

Hi Mothers!

How's everyone? I'm sure all of you are busy with your little ones but no longer have any problems or doubts over your 4yo now
happy.gif

This thread is so quiet, I'm just wondering how's everyone's doing.

My girl is very talkative now, turning into a small young lady who fancy princess and other cartoon characters she watched from the TV.

I hope all of you are doing well or probably already have younger siblings for them.

Hi mummies, I’m Starflower! Tomorrow our babies will be getting their PSLE S1 posting results! I’m so happy for them, many have done well. But what I wana say is, tonight I spent a great time cutting w bunch of mummies, whom I’m be shared all my ups and downs of motherhood right here in this forum page, totally unexpected to me, for a whole 12 years, since the day I joined here on March forum. What we wrote here grew into an amazing start of a long friendship. Thank you, Singaoore motherhood forum, for giving me a light, when I fiest tested positive, and was so nervous about my fiest time in my journey of motherhood.

Back