(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Missycandy ...

Can the package be used in Oct? Want take family shot when my gal turns 1yr old. Let me know if we can make up the numbers.

mummies, me MIA for long time liao. .
starflower, time flies! Hope you have a smooth delivery :) .
Is k in full day cc already? Wow any tips on training him to sleep on his own bed? Do you still have to accompany till he falls asleep?.
St, if m not wrong you also due soon in may ya? All the best!

hmmm... i dont have solid numbers yet but il take u both for keen ok? il see if can get more...
happy.gif

in the meantime, you both go LIKE the FB page 1st k? then get more of your friends to LIKE it.. so can get more discount. Also ask your friends if anyone keen. thanks =P

Missy,
i'm keen .. but dunno my hb will 'join' or not .. he's super anti photo shoot kind ...
anyway, i 'like' liao ...

Sharlin had popped on 17 April (Sunday). Baby Kaiser is 5.43kg! Congrats to her and family. Very adorable baby boy.

Btw mummies, how do you wash yr kiddos' hair? Hy is super scared of water going into his eyes. What we do now is shampoo his hair then use a wet towel and kept wiping the shampoo to the back of his head til it's clean. Even if we placed a towel on his eyes to block out water, he'll cry and cling on to you.

Strawberrys79 ...

5.43kg???

You can consider getting this thing that he can wear on his head to prevent water flowing down his face. Its like a hat with just the brim ... can find in kiddy palace. But meanwhile play with him water and let him get use to water flowing down his face =p

teddybaby,
st pop already on the 7 April if Im not wrong. Baby have good weight ard 3.4kg. We both busy with training our new maid.

Strawberry,
Did we see wrong? 5.43kg!? That is super BIG baby leh!

jasmine:eek:h good to hear that. Send my regards to her if you see her. Must be busy time for her.
Strawberry: wow thats a big baby for sharlene. Natural or csec?

wooo... ok... seabreeze noted... sinmey noted ... didnt see yr msg... heh.. but u confirmed keen right sinmey? then il add you in... for now we have 8... 2 more to get 10 ppl!

Thanks Teddy, yes Kee is in full day CC and he likes it there. He w come home and tell me about this girl called Emma ;))) as for him sleeping in own room, I just accompany for first 3 nights, by 5th night I don't accompany him anymore and he's ok. So now after milk at 10pm and brush teeth, I just tuck him in and walk back to my room next door without accompanying him. But I do leave the kitchen light on so he can see if he wants to come next door to look for us to ask for milk etc

omg! straws! her bb so HUGE! diao... i remember her 1st girl was also quite big... aiyo... 5kg plus... csec huh? cant imagine... *faints*

That's a huge baby! This time gynae says this bb gal is looking much smaller size than korkor, so far at 37+ weeks only 2.7kg so I guess maybe coz all the stress of movi g house, falling sick constantly w cold & cough really has an effect, yesterday's checkup I lost another 800g, while bb only gained 100g in the 10days despite all the durians I tried to take... Guess last min not much help already....oh well

hi mummies
happy.gif

MIA for so long, now i'm back... hehehe
currently doing my confinement that's why so free to come in :p
i gave birth to #2 in April, same at st and sharlin
happy.gif

starflower, next will be u... JIA YOU!!!

Hi mummies... Confirmed Sharlin's bb boi is 5.43kg at birth and 57cm tall. She gave birth by csec. Her first ger is 4kg plus. Hehehe

Ok will try to find that shower thingy. Thks seabreeze

Eh, i seldom post here, but seeing the baby weight really shock me.....
wah, 5.43kg, is that a national breaking record? I remember the last time there's one mummy given birth at more than 4kg on TV news, was it her? haha!
57cm is also pretty long, next time will be a handsome tall baby like the Korean drama!
Looks like many given birth to second one already, my boy now is 5 mth old, is a challenging life having 2! Good luck to all!

Strawberrys79 ...

Wow sumo baby!! Yx at 6mth is only 6.33kg lor hahaha

Starflower ....

Dun worry lar! Small bb easier to pop heehee and clothes can last her longer =)

Jtho ...

Saw photos of your #2 ... v handsome just like the gor gor

Starflower, you've got PM
happy.gif

Mummies who have placed your kiddos in CC, can u recommend me any good and effective supplements to keep them healthy? My boy kept falling sick, 3x in a month. Vit C din seem to work.

Congrats to all mummies who have given birth or are going to give birth to no.2 soon.

Anyone gunning for No.3? Haha, if not, what contraceptive are you taking? I thought of putting the ring but am wary of the side effects. Anyone can share?

But come to think of it, I should be wary of getting preggy again instead of the side effects right?

Anyone has contact for balloons? I want to purchase those themed helium balloons for my gal's 1 yr old party. It should include delivery. Thanks

Hi scrumpee & prosper, thanks for the jiayou ;) this time was pretty smooth sailing; here's some deja vu for us all ;)

11.55pm at 'show' panic for a while coz didnt expect her at 38weeks coz Kee was 40weeks max, stunned & called my mum
12.30 my parents arrived to bring kee home for a few days while i m in hospital. I showered, packed & set off, contractions every 5-7mins
1.30am - sent straiggt to labour ward, 2cm dilated
3am - 5 cm , hoping bb dont come fast & furious coz this means nurse have to call gynae from home and not sure how fast he can get here. Contractions hurting to the spine, asked for Epi.
3.30am - epi given, Relief! Fell asleep, no feelings except for pins & needles
8am - fully dilated, gynae arrived as usual for work, came in, poke water bag & can see baby's crown. Gave 3 gentle push,
8.30am - princess K arrived
happy.gif

And now, my life as a cow starts again......

--- On Tue, 10/5/11, Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) <[email protected]>
Subject: Outings for the Underprivileged Children
To: "Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network)" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, 10 May, 2011, 11:22

Dear all

We are still short of sponsors and volunteers for the outings arranged for the Underprivileged children, below is the updated numbers :

No. of Children Sponsor : 12
No. of Volunteers : 6

We hope to have about 45 children and 35 volunteers to come along for this Ice Cream Making Workshop, for those who can help, do get back to me by 15 May 2011 so we will have sufficient time to send out the flyers to the children.

In the event we are unable to get sufficient sponsors, we will cancel the outing and will refund those who have sponsored so you can use the funds to reach out to others instead.

Thank you

Regards
Charles Tan
Volunteer Resource Network
Email : [email protected]
URL : www.vrnetwork.org

From: Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, 5 May, 2011 11:09 AM
Subject: June Holiday Programme for the Children

Dear all

We will be resuming our outings for the children from the low income family this June after taking a break last Dec. This coming June, we plan to bring the kids to downtown east for an Ice Cream Making Workshop and have Ice Cream Buffet there as well, below are the details :

Event : Ice Cream Making Workshop + Ice Cream Buffet
Date : 18 June 2011 (Saturday)
Time : 10am to 2pm (Tentative)
Venue : Downtown East
Meeting point : Daybreak Family Service Centre
Blk 855 Yishun Ring Road Training Wing
(5 mins walk from Khatib MRT Station )

Targeted number of Children : 45
Volunteers required : 25

The cost for each child is about $35.00 which will cover the cost of the event, including lunch and cookie packs for each child. We hope each of you can sponsor at least one child for the trip, we will also need some volunteers to join us for the trip to take care of the children and help them out during the ice cream making workshop when we are there.

For those who would like to sponsor, you can mail a cheque payable to “Maple Lifestyle”, indicate “VRN June” and mail it to :

Maple Lifestyle
195 Pearl’s Hill Terrace
#01-32
Singapore 168976

Please let us know the details of your cheque such as bank, cheque number and amount via email if you are sending by cheque.

For those who preferred to funds transfer, please do email me separately for the account number to transfer.

Do remember me to update me so I can consolidate the sponsored funds, we will stop accepting funds once we have enough as per our usual practice.

And for those who are keen to volunteer, do provide me with the following particulars :

1) Name
2) NRIC
3) Contact Number
4) Email address

The cost for each volunteer is $38.00, we will likely be getting McDonald Lunch for everyone, if you are a vegetarian, do inform us and we will pack lunch separately for you.

We hope to be able to get your support to sponsor up to a max of 45 children from the low income family group for this trip.

Regards
Charles Tan
Volunteer Resource Network
Email : [email protected]
URL : www.vrnetwork.org

Hi,

Am posting for information as they are short of sponsors and volunteers for the event. Pls liaise with the organiser directly if you are interested in helping out..

Thanks a mil! =)

thanks Pink. Just did her full month party on satuday, now very happy coz confinement lady leaving in an hour, very relieved, confinement over! tonite i wanna eat Pizza Hut!!!

hihi dear mummies,
i oso MIA for v v long...hope everyone &amp; little bubs doing great!

<font color="ff6000">Can u help to click 'Like' for FootWorks Media Pte Ltd FB (set up by my hubby) thanks for support!</font>
http://www.facebook.com/pages/FootWorks-Media-Pte-Ltd/165372123527052

At FootWorks, we do exotic driving holidays. We also do off-road expeditions (both hardcore and SUV cross-country excursions). Indeed, we do all kinds of driving holidays! Very often, we take The Road Less Travelled. Cross-country day tours are especially popular for SUV owners. Although we have many favourite repeat destinations, we don't usually run our tours on a fixed template. This means we are highly flexible with our itineraries. Some itineraries are indeed suggested by our customers!

We are also good pioneers at creating long distance driving odysseys to uncharted territories.

Read more under info in FB
happy.gif

upcoming Durian Day Tour to Kangkar Bahru - 9th July 2011 (1st departure)- http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=151554638247978

hi all march 2009 mothers,
how's your children progressing? In nursery already? what are they doing everyday?
My gal was not attending nursery, so i let her go weekend enrichment class, she's playing around in babysitter house everyday. She starts to talk to us and have conversation with us, is fun to hear her talk nonsense
happy.gif

Hi March 2009 moms,
Time truly flies...just glance thru n thot of saying hi...
1stly, many congrats for those popping #2...
happy.gif

2nd, I c some mom asking abt learning in Zoophonics / GUG / Montessori... My boi I'd currently in Zoophonics Serangoon...of e three, ZP is e most value for $$$ but I oso notice many moms use this as a steppin stone b4 their children r ready for pre nursery...e curriculum is typical w storytelling, activities n songs but my personal take is e chers could b more engaging w e little tots n b less focused on delivering too much stuff within 1.5hrs.
GUG does phonics w more focusedness...i hav a friend who attended their trial class n felt that they hav better classroom mgt as compared to ZP...but lesser lessons w a higher fee...
Montessori...e authentic ones require u on a waiting list n yes, long wait...
In a nutshell, different strokes for different folks... Come 2012, my boi will b in a church kindie so now transiting bet ZP n Julia Gabriel bilingual prog...2 wkdays off n wkend free...tink white space for kiddos is precious lar...don believe in cramming...
Hope this helps e moms in search of enrichment for kids...
happy.gif

Sorry to interrupt.

Oh, what a noisy zoo tickets.
=============================

May I know if any Mummy has 4 tickets on 23 Oct, Sunday, 11am that you are willing to exchange with me? I'll be most grateful for that. Or else I will just have to sell these 4 tickets and my kids won't get to watch the play.
sad.gif

I'm willing to meet you anywhere to do the exchange. THANK YOU!

Please PM me for my hp.

Hi Mummies,

I'm planning to sign my 2 girls up for Julia Gabriel holiday programmes.
There is a 20% group discount if 4 or more children register at the same time. It can be a different programme and venue.

If anyone is interested too, please PM me so that we can all enjoy the group discount.

Information for the holiday programmes. http://www.juliagabriel.com/pdfviewermm1ab.html

Hi,

I would like to join this posting as i have a girl born in March 2010 also.. Actually i have a concern and would like to seek advice. It's about speech progress.. my girl now 21 months doesn't speak alot of words.. her vocab at this point of time is about 15 words at most and all single words. some words she say only one time and dun used already. I am still trying to get her to say "YES" but she still not saying or refuse to say... Is this normal? Cos' my older boy can speak alot by this age. My colleagues daughter about same age now also speak in sentence already. I asked PD he say monitor till she's 2 years old then see if need to go to speech therapist... I'm not sure... should i wait or should i go to bring her see the therapist now? My in-laws thinks that some children are just slower....

Any comments or advise would be much appreciated.

Hi Lucida,
I don't think that's a problem.
My gal also only mumble few single words when she's ur gal age. I remember when she join a weekend enrichment class at 24 mths, she can't even take the instruction from teacher, she just play by herself. But out of a sudden after 2 years and 4 mths, she can speak fine sentences. I figure out that previously, she could have already knew many words and kept in her brain, and she speaks only when she wants to.
I teach my gal phonics lesson once a week, she can spell and read simple word now. Picking up new words also seem to be easy for her. I see great transition of her comparing now and when I first taught her the lesson when she's 2yrs 4 mths. I documented in my blog and if you're interested to see you may click here

Back