(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Oh ya juz wan update Tristan now can 90% go pee in the pee trainer urinal at home
happy.gif
so happy. Hope he can sit on his potty soon to poo instead on diaper

Hi Missy,

I wrote to the principal yesterday and she proposed to appeal to mcys for an extra slot for their morning class as they had met their student quota for AM class already. We decided to appeal. Hopefully it will be approved and hy can start class from 9am onwards til 12.30pm after the mcys's reply in a week's time.

prosper
u mean toilet train ah? take your time don hurry.. =) his cc plays a major part in toilet training him and other kids. so at least i find this cc got 1 good point. haha help me save diapers.

Queenie,

Thanks for ur advise..im trying every method to distract him but can only last for a while..sigh...

re: pee trainer urinal at home, did u buy from BP? I saw its selling $19.90 now..am interested to get 1 to train my boy too...is it good? but everytime after he pee, we gotta clear the bowls right?

straws - i hope mcys will approve!!! wish u all the best k!!
happy.gif

prosper - aiyo kirs also refuses. but during bath time, i put her on the toilet bowl n try to make her pee.. so far she hasnt... but my mum tried once n she said she peed inside leh... dang! i didnt see.. lol... i do it everyday during her evening bath... she wil sit there... then after awhile wan to get off n play with the toilet bowl water -________________________-"

jo, go get e urinal fm gmarket.. its $9.90 only... i almost gt it until one mommy dunno where email me n tell me to get gmarket.. imagine a $10 extra fm forum.. i just ordered mine fm gmarket n delivery in 2-3 days... forum is 15/4 i think

HI hi ...

So fast March is ending and I am going back to work next Monday ... siannnnzzzzzzzz

SH is at full day CC for almost 1 month now ... he totally enjoys going to school and the teacher said that he is now able to nap well (as usual he eats well - 2 servings of rice) and play with friends. No more biting cos when teacher say - STOP he will just stand up and walk away hahaha

Same thing lar ... every morning will drama mama one ... happily ask me to put on uniform .. happily carry bag and water bottle ... once reach the CC door and start CRRYYYYING

BUT he will not ask me to carry him ... he will go for the teacher to carry him into the class room then ok liao *faintz*

jo haha pinkdemoness replied u le! i bought mine thru forum when they first launched last year. now see gmarket 9.90 i wan to faint! lol but nvm the pdt is really cute for boys hehe.. go get it!

seabreeze welcome back to work soon ya.. haha

smallonion welcome here! i think tongue longer shouldnt pose any problem right? maybe u can rise this when visit a pd?

jac,

Thanks for the feedback.. we had to forgo this show this time round. Need to go around hunting for Bree's pre-school. we are finding it a challenge for us to do it while hubs is in town and trying to slot in timings to avoid her current classes.

We did registered for one but the waitlist is very long.. so we are doing Plan B, Sourcing for option B & C.. Sigh... headache..

hi mummies,
Anyone send your 2 year old to weekend enrichment class? I'm looking for one for my gal, she's not attending childcare yet so I tot of putting her in enrichment class to let her get use to going to school.
Appreciate if anyone can share your experience with me, thanks!

Musicbox,
My boy just start with GUG at United Square few weeks back, so far he enjoy the class, but think once he finish all the letter from A-Z phonics will stop him le. As my #1 also attended enrichment class there 2 yrs back, so we know when we should stop my boy this time round. They will repeat the same thing after every round, so no point to keep him there for long.

Misscandy,
There is this Hope Community near your place my hubby just went to register my girl for next year K2. Heard he says the nursery is like hot cake, a lot of parents very early went to Q up to register, he say by the time he reach Nursery all fill up liao. Have U thought of letting your girl register there for nursery? U can visit them, think not bad.

i just called them. kirsten is still too young. i can only register next yr april... wahahaha!!! current registration is for babies born 2008. zzz... anyway its not a CC... its only 3 hrs... hmmm... i need full day cc lor... heh

thanks for the heads up though! appreciate it!
happy.gif

May i know if i creative learner is better or I Can Read is better to put our child in for Phonics.
As i creative learner is open for register for child born in yr 2009

smallonion, honestly i havent heard abt the ones u mentioned. heee... i only heard of zoophonics... hee.. so cnt advise u there... u might want to google on it.. im sure ppl wld have given reviews...
happy.gif

Hi Jasmine,
Thanks for the info, i've called GUG last week, their cost is quite expensive, I think is about $360+ per mth, and no trial. Maybe i'll try out this Zoophonics at serangoon, later might go over to take a look.

Good Morning everyone...
So glad to see familiar nicks...
Been MIA(missing in action) for a while..

Queenie & pinkdemoness: Can explain again where to get the urinal ?? Wish to get one for Jayden..

Any mommies have success in training for over night diaperless??

Yeah only my sis can do it so fast.. =[
Both my nieces managed to be diaperless when they are abt 1.5 yr =[
Tempted to try but dun want to wash bed sheet!!! hahaha..
My boy dun need diaper in the day but night I dun dare!!! hahaha

Misicbox,
Hummm... We paid for 1 term leh not in per month wor?? Ours is once a week type. Oh now they dont have trial?? 2 weeks back the class my son attend got people come for trial leh. They only have trial if the class got less kids on that week ba I think. Actually I also ever consider on Zoophonics but my elder girl attended GUG so we stick back to GUG for my boy.

Missycandy,
Oh U looking for CC. So Your mum can be more free during the day?

Missycandy,
U know my maid went back few weeks back and not return le. Hubby taking 3 weeks leave as he got school holiday, to look after the 2 kids. Next week is my turn till the new maid come in. Its not easy to handle 2 kids without a maid, the house is in a mass!

This time round not hiring a indo maid. We went for a philipino maid instead. As indo side block most of the maids from coming in. Actually we choose 1 indo. maid in end Jan, end up the stupid agent only let us know end Feb that the maid is block to enter singapore by indo side. So we switch agent and our options is to go for philipino instead of indo. maid sigh.... from got time till no maid...

Jasmine: That must be tough.. I can't imagine when my maid go back in may.. my schedule will have to be disrupted.. sigh..
my hubby is so use to having helper to help..
pray he will help me!! hahaha

hey Jasmine,
I sign up my gal with Zoophonics on the weekend enrichment class liao, but saw many bad comments on it, anyway i'll try it out this saturday and see how.

Janbebe,
My gal still using diaper day and night, i think need to toilet train her soon....

musicbox: prepare a lot of panties so when she wet herself u jus have to explain to her where to go.. but diaperless at night.. I don't where to start...

janbebe,
Oh your maid also going home? Not returning?

Musicbox,
Oh U try see how is it. Yours at Serangoon? Is it cheaper for zoophonics than GUG??

Toilet train:
My girl now 4 yrs old plus. She started to refuse diaper at night when she is 3.5yrs old. Day time she will sleep without which is ok for her as her nap time normally is 2hrs plus. As for night 1st few nights she ok can wake up and say want to pee, but after that she didnt and we start to worry she pee on the bed so we started getting up and pull her to sit on potty which we place in our room. On off she will pee on mattress and I quickly order the single bed waterproof protector sigh.... Now we decide to use pulls up on her just incase, we still get her to pee at night and tell her must ask if she wants to pee. No choice if not the mattress will be dam stinks!

jasmine: nope she say miss home and wanna go back... She been with us only 1 yr.. not getting another helper as my boy is in full day childcare..Send him to CC as I think there is more stimulation in school then at home...

Wow.. then how to sleep if the mattress is wet??
Shd i buy or prepare the waterproof protector first then train him??

janbebe,
U only have 1 child, me have 2, so do without a maid le. my girl ah, squeeze with daddy on another single mattress lor, haha hubby mattress also gana before, he miss position the waterproof protector, so gana also. At 1st I only have the babysafe cot waterproof protector which only cover part of the mattress, thinking make do with it 1st, mattress gana once so sun it under the sun and buy the anti-bacti spray to spray lor. Than I order from BP the single bedded mattress protector U can refer to this BP: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5158330.html?1299710375

jasmine - kirsten is olredi in a CC. but if can find nearer as in walkable distance wld be better... so can save on transport! lol... wow... hope all goes well for u while waiting for the maid ba...
happy.gif

Hey Jasmine,
Ya, Zoophonics is cheaper, and I brought my gal to the serangoon one last saturday, lucky she likes the class.
I still don't have the courage to toilet train my gal....haiz....

Janbebe,
My maid also keep saying she wants to go home, she's only here 2 mths, but she said she'll work till my son turn 1 year old, so see how, really headache to change maid ya....

kEe is totally not toilet trained tho when I ask him to pee, he can but is willin to do so on the toilet floor only during showerr times... Gesh looks like more money on diapers in the meantime.
3 weeks more till I pop #2, quite happy I managed to settle kee into his own bedroom to sleep by himself last week (success in 5 days). Now he knows if he wants to look for us for milk etc he just walks over fm next door. So now at least when #2 cries, she won't affect him in the next room. Hopefully this will minimize both waking up in the middle of the night. Right now still gotto open& assemble the cot, wash baby clothes, buy confinement herbs...but no sign of BH contractions yet so should have time ;)

Starflower, wow i feel excited for u...anyway elixir also same as keenan...think i also hv to invest in diapers first...hope to catch up soon...congrats ya n pls rest more...

<font color="ff0000">any of you keen on photo shoot ? saw in BP here

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5289048.html?1303060871

i asked if 10 or more sign up for the package, here is his/her reply

Hello misscandy,

The package price is $180. If there are 10 or more signups, every family will not only get the 8X11” photobook for free, but will also enjoy further discount for liking our facebook page or scheduling the photoshoot on a weekday. Examples are as follows.

Family #1 with 1 facebook ‘like’ and a weekday shoot

- free 8X11” photobook

- $5 off for the ‘like’

- $10 off for a weekday shoot

Amount to pay = $180-15=$165

Family #10 with 4 facebook ‘likes’ and a weekend shoot

- free 8X11” photobook

- $20 off the ‘like’

- No discount for weekend shoot

Amount to pay = $180-20=$160

if anyone keen PM me ok? See if we can get 10... the promo have to be booked n paid by end April.. but I think can use it at a later date...
</font>

Hi mummies! Haven't posted in ages!!

Just for info, Cathay is showing Thomas &amp; Friends movie. Think it starts 23april saturday 10.30am and 12+. My cousin just SMS me so I haven't checked out much details. Just thought some of our kids here are Thomas fans so can consider la. Heard tickets selling fast so quick book if you want
happy.gif

Back