(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Mummy Bear, understand how u feel, dun feel stressed up....just tell yrself to stay +ve, yr little one will feel it..Ok?
Good luck!

Hi ladies, today is the 3rd day i have miss my menses. Tis morning had just tested BFP on HPT, but in my heart i was not quite believing it. Do your think that i shld go and see a gynae so soon?

Although tis is my 2nd pregnancy but alot of things I am still blur blur.
1550074.gif

Mummy Bear,
It might be too early to see anything at all. Stay positive and congratulations! Have you arranged to see your gynae again?

Kome,
Congratulations girl! I couldn't wait to see my little one as I'm expecting #1 so I went in wk 5 and saw amniotic sac and yolk sac. If you wait a little longer and go in, in wk6, you'll see the heartbeat. The choice is yours!

Promeganate
Actually I still don't believe that I actually pregnant already. Its like I say to myself "sure or not, is the HPT giving false result?"

Thats why I not sure need to go to a gynae to confirm or not so early.

Annt, I haven't seen the light of MS yet(touchwood)! But my colleagues keep scarying me and say that it hits btw wk6-wk8. Now that will be next tuesday onwards, let's see how I feel then.

Right now, I feel queasy when I'm hungry and feel much better when I get something into my system.

Kome,
I know how you feel! I actually tested for 3 consecutive days before it really sank in that I am preggie.

You might want to make an appointment with your gynae first cos sometimes they might not be available to see you so soon, so it's good to book them in advance.

*Prom gives Kome a big hug, shakes her and says, "You're REALLY pregnant, girl!*

Promeganate
Thanks for your advice. Will book an appt with my gynae first. But meantime think will test on HPT again on monday to double confirm. Me also need to test 1 more time so that I believe that I am preggy.
1550115.gif

Promeganate
Dun worry. MS does not happen to everyone and every pregnancy. I do not have any MS for my 1st pregnancy, but now feel like having mild MS already.

lemontree, i went for my visit ytd and i could see my bb and heartbeat. Very exciting to be able to see bb. Gynae says i shd be 6 weeks plus liao. yvonne chan gave me duphaston for an tai. will be going back to her 2 weeks later.

My MS is super jialat. I woke up to puke at 5 am and 7am. COuld not swallow anything and oni ate 2 biscuits. Feels giddy too. Dont know how. feel super terrible.

sportyer, wow!! you heard the hearbeat, that's amazing news!

Why are you taking duphaston? I was given those pills too and am taking 2 per day cos I had mild brown spotting. am thinking of stopping, n not take it.

hi sportyger and mummies

I know how u feel. My MS for my 1st pregnancy was super jialut too.... will puke out like a merlion EVERYTHING I eat, even fruits. Felt super super low and dull then. Now, I also have MS, but not so bad as 1st preg (touchwood). Last night, puked my whole dinner out. Tried to curb the feeling, but eventually still cannot tahan...

At my workplace too....felt bloated and full all the time, and kept controlling myself not to puke. But when I visited the toilet, still couldn't help puking. Puked on my way home too, but only air, then I could feel my stomach churning. It was a horrible feeling.

Din even felt like eating my multivits and calcium, which is so big! How to swallow?? cos I don't feel like drink water, which will make me nauseous.

Sigh...hopefully after the 1st trimester, it will be over!

Hi Kome, I think I'm like you..keep thinking whether issit real or not, my pregnancy, haha... I asked my galfren so many times until she think I've got pre-natal depression..lol... anyway, i think the best way to confirm is to see a gynae and has him/her pinch you and wake you up that this is real =)

I'm going to the gynae to have someone tell me straight in the face , hehee...*so nervous!!!*

Hi Ladies, for morning sickness, you might want to try the psi bands from Maternity Exchange. It's worn around the wrist and uses gentle acupressure to minimise morning sickness. Instead of eating sweets, this is a safe, drug free and effective way.

On that note, don't forget Maternity Exchange @ Marina Square is having a fantastic deal every Saturday in July, which means TOMORROW.
- Additional 10% off their clearance sale items (which are already at up to 75% off!)
- 10% off regular priced maternity and nursing wear
- 1 extra credit with any rental package (It means you get to rent 1 more pc for free!)
It's a rare offer, do take advantage of it! Visit www.maternityexchange.sg for more details on best ways to get there during the ndp rehearsals too. Raffles Boulevard, the main road that leads to Marina Square is fully accessible to traffic, so it is actually very easy to get to M.Sq! See ya!

conrgats to all new mommiesss! kome, youare pregnant lah!!
happy.gif
How old is your older child?

I think i can't wait anymoree... might go see gynae later after hearing sportyger is able to hear the heartbeat! hahahaaaa!

jennifer:: CONGRATS! do update us here after you come back from gynae k!

Cindy, your appointment's on Wed? That's a whole lot of time! Come on, go on Monday (kekeke, being the devil here)!

But really, if you're into your 6th week, then why not? You'll get to hear the heart beat too!

sportyger
hehe congrats upon hearing bb heartbeat. so envious!
u so fast have MS liao?
omg. im still waiting to c my gynae next fri.. im waiting till my neck long alrdy.
hehe ytd i still went to buy a test kit n test earli this morning. this time no fainty lines. all v obvious. argh... im really pregnant.

promeganate n cindy's gynae is the same? at where?

anybody seeing dr lawrence ang?

lemontree
i am almost like u. IN my first pregnancy, i vomitted so badly that i literally had to quit my job. I puked after every meal and everytime i was outside, i cant stand the smell of fumes from bus or cars.. so literally i need to take a cab wherever i need to go . lost 3kg during first trimester tat time.

this second kid i am pregnant with now, i hardly vomit, but the nausea feeling is killing me. The insomnia too. Staring at the tv set every day from 8pm - 3am. After that felt so depressed til i dont want to watch anything anymore. i stop everything i like to do like online gaming or shopping.

i guess the difference between first pregnancy n second is the depression i am having now.

sigh same thing i wish the 2nd trimester comes faster.

Hi Jo!

Yah, we're very similar. I also lost 3 kg during my 1st trimester during my 1st preg, due to the severe MS. Luckily my bb wasn't affected then.

I don't really have insomnia like you, but I will wake up to visit the toilet in the middle of the night now, which normally is not the case when I was not preggie. Then after that, I will not be able to fall asleep for a very long time. I also have nightmares lately, kept dreaming about who died, who died.....so morbid....

Thanks babychloe and prome, my appt is on the 18th July.. Every min is like making me crazy... i saw my baby's heartbeat at 6 weeks 2 days for my previous preg. At 5 weeks i can't see anything not even a sac. I'm a smoker but i stop after knowing that i'm preg... i'm really worried. Due to my lost in my first preg i don't have much confident now...really don't know what to do if the worse happens

queenie:: ahaha no la not same gynae. She is just TEMPTING me to go see gynae!

And yes i just went to gynae this morning.. i'm only 5wks + so cannot see heartbeat. but saw what we need to see.. the little thing was about 13.8mm. Wonder if this is the right size? Hehe those who went to see gynae liao, about the same wk as me... haha what size is the little thing?
happy.gif

And mummybear don't worry. I had a spontaneous miscarriage for my very first baby and had to have a D&C. But my second was alright. Now i am worried about this one too, but we'll see how things go!

Thanks ladies, for your well-wishes!! All the best for your pregnancy and enjoy it too!! All my friends told me it's the best time to sit back, relax and be queen of the house, hahaha..

My visit to the gynae was not bad..yah..I'm 7 weeks pregnant already and wow, already can see the hearbeat of the bb! So interesting.. hahaa... my gynae told me, " See! It's real, you are pregnant and that is your baby's heartbeat!"

Haha, even my hubby laughed at me, cos I was still doubtful, hahaha... ok,I'm so convinced now! =)

hey lemon, i have alot of dreams too. lastest one was quite frightening, dreamt that i miscarriage... i guess i watch too much show and feeding myself too much negative information on miscarriage. eek touch wood, God forbids

Hi Jo....yah...touchwood man.....cheer up....no doubt we are feeling miserbale from the effects of MS and all the discomforts, just tell yourself that everything will soon be over. The 2nd trimester will be much more bearable and enjoyable.

I will be going to China for a working trip for 5 days next Sun....dunno whether can tahan anot. Hope my MS will not get more and more severe as weeks pass. I am most afraid of their toilets!

hi, im expecting my first baby, just went to the gynae @ sengkang Dr Adrian Woodworth...im about 5-6 weeks pregnant..hehe..

similarly, i have been experiencing MS, and having alot of cravings for junk food...haiz..

now im worried how this will affect work...how do you girls manage work and this new found experience? pls share ..thanks!

Promegranate, I have no spotting but my gynae says to take it to play safe. I was having such bad MS after eating that I called her and asked whether I can stop duphaston but she says to continue it. She gave me some anti-nausea pills to eat and my dh went down to collect. But amazingly i did feel better after eating the anti-vomit pills. However in the morning, still feel super unwell and pukey. I shd be 6 weeks plus liao as said by gynae. She warned that my MS will peak at 8 weeks to 10 weeks. Oh gosh, now already feel like that, dont know how if it really happen.

Now wake up everyday feel like a zombie. Lemontree you going china? Take care of yourself, not easy now cos you having MS.

Queenie and Cindy, i am sure you will be able to see your bb and heartbeat when you go for your next gynae check
happy.gif

Does the psi bands work? If it does want to go buy leh.

Hi Belita, congrats!

Jennifer
I had just book my gynae, but he is only available on 22/07. Anxiously waiting for that day to come, so excited.

Cindy
My son now 18 mths already. Mu husband want to have another one to company my son.

All mummies, will like to check do your have white discharge during your 5wk of preggy? I have some, so actually i abit worry. Gynae will only be available on 22/07 for my appt.

Jo,
I know it's easy to say but keep positive. Read good books, funny ones, watch comedies. Keep yourself bright and chirpy. I love walks in the evenings. It keeps my mind fresh and rejuvenated too.

I'm having loads of strange dreams too. More than usual
happy.gif

Jennifer,
Your friends are right, I'm the queen of the house too. Sweeping, mopping, hanging out of clothes- all done by hubby. I'm really greatful to him. Only thing I do is cook, cos we hate eating out and I really do not want to depend on hawkers for nutritional meals.

Lemontree,
Enjoy your work trip and do take good care of yourself. The toilet part is really scary ah, especially when we have to frequent so so often!

Belita,
Congratulations! I'm btw 5-6 weeks preggie too! I'm so preoccupied with baby thoughts and preggie books that it is sure difficult to focus on work. But we have to! We cannot slack, we got to pass on the value of perseverance to our baby!

Sportyger,
Good to know that you are taking duphaston too, cos I was really reluctant to take anything not 'natural'. I have a 2wk dose, 1 tablet 2x a day. I hope that's a normal dose.

Kome,
I have my 2nd appt at The Private Suite on 22/7 too! I'm excited too. I shld be 7wks then.
Also, the white discharge is normal, sometimes it cld also look yellowish. Apparently, it's going to increase in amount as our pregnancy progresses. So don't worry about it
happy.gif

Also ladies, I'm feeling abit of the MS too, especially when I'm hungry. So I get this strange feeling every 3-4 hours or so and that is a sign to get something into my tummy!

Wow, this is one long post!

sportyger,
under gynae's instructions, i am also taking duphaston, its supposed to be some hormone pills that dont give you stomach cramps right?

promeganate,
i am trying to keep positive..thanks for the reminder.. am going back to the gynae for the 7th week checkup...shd be able to check out baby's heartbeat then...btw, gynae's prescription for dusphaston is 2 tabs 3x a day...how come yours is so much lesser? something wrong with me?? wonder what's gonna happen after i finish the dosage...

oh yes, MS every now and then, so sian...

oh! my 2nd appt is 22/7 too
happy.gif

haha, i feel alot of things that you're going through too...eg. i know im hungry when i get MS...i keep getting hungry, and i am so fussy with food these days...dont eat much, but need lots of variety..

preggie girls out there...do you drink coffee? im having the cold turkey now
sad.gif

oh yes...weird dreams too...tired...sleep alot, and wake up with a headache haiz......

oh man, is most of you all having MS?

I so far am feeling fine. no MS at all. don't know if it's okay. And gynae didn't give me duphaston - he did give me for my first pregnancy though! And my first also no MS...

Gosh, I can't wait to seeeeeee him again in 2 wks time.. Hope really can see heartbeating...

Hi, this is my first posting. I only found out I was pregnant when I had a bad flu (the first since 5 years ago) and period was late for 6 days. I am about 7 weeks pregnant and EDD is 3/3/2009. I had some spotting in the evenings for a few days and went to see the gynae. Took duphaston and spotting stopped for 2 days and came back. Went to see another gynae (Dr WK Tan at TMC) last week and had a Proluton jab and put on bed rest for a week. Had to go for Proluton jab tomorrow and then will be back to stressful work
sad.gif
Like some of you, I had nauseas, bloating, weird dreams and become very sensitive to smell, noise and dust. Was told to take it slow....

Hi MTBs,
I feel so much more normal after hearing that some of you are also experiencing the nausea, tiredness and giddiness that I am feeling. sometimes it gets so bad that I feel abit depressed. Luckily, my husband has been doing his best to make me feel better if not i think i will really fall into depression!
I'll be seeing my gynae this thur so hopefully can see his/her heartbeat...
btw, if my LMP is 31th May, how far along am i now? have been reading conflicting info on this...

Hi
My good friend who is also pregnant recommended me this good book "What to expect when you're expecting" by Heidi Murkoff, Arlene Eisenberg & Sandee Hathaway. I found a lot of my answers from this book eg explanation on bloating, why some women have flu during pregnancy. Might want to have a read...

Promegranate and moomooland, my dosage for duphaston is 2x a day. Also been given 2 weeks until my next gynae check which is 25/7.

annt, I think you shd be 6 weeks based on your LMP.

Pika, do take care after you go back for work
happy.gif

Hi mummies

Yesterday I went to Chinatown, I puked as I walked, people all stared at me as if I had some weird illness. Wondering if u all have the same experience. My MS lasts for the whole day, and it gets worse in the evening and at night.

My gynae for my previous preg also gave my anti-nausea pills (When I was puking like a Merlion that time), but it didn't help at all...

Sportygal, does Dr. Yvonne Chan's anti-nausea pills work for you??

Hope we all can tide over this difficult period and share more happy moments soon!!!

lemontree, your MS sounds very bad. Yes the anti-nausea pills work for me. After taking these 2 days, i actually felt much better. You shd consider taking.

This MS thing is realli depressing, hope it will be over soon.

i must ask my gynae for the anti-nausea pills! or else i will be losing weight at the rate that i am going .. i have even lost my appetite for chocs and ice-cream, my must-haves usually ..

Hi Sportyger, Thanks and you take care too.

Hi, I usually just had nausea feeling and not throw up but last Thurs was a bad experience. My hubby bought some grilled chicken and the smell was too overpowering that I felt like I was fainting - eyes blurred and ears blocked. So, i avoid strong-smelling food, enclosed food eateries and eat more in the mornings when i feel better (My MS is mostly in the evenings) and stock up potato chips, chocolate cookies, wheat biscuits, sour plums, sweets, manuka honey, ribena and hot choc drinks. When small snacks. Good to take hot drinks when you feel nauseating. Hope this works for you.

Sorry to interrupt
I have a 4 mths old beautiful white cot for sale. Very lightly used coz baby co-sleeping with me.
Giving away 2 aussino off white cotton bedsheet as well.

Cot can be found at kiddy palace.

Please contact me at 98281868 or [email protected] for details. Thanks
1555953.jpg

Yah Pika

I agree that hot drinks are good.....Once I was on course, I was controlling myself not to throw up....luckily it was break time then...Had some hot tea and after that, I felt much better.

Yesterday, I was craving for hot Bak Kut Teh, but hubby advised me not to take cos he said dunno whether the herbs are harmful to bb anot.....Anyone knows? In the end, I got to go to sleep to forget that I have MS.

Hey, can we drink chocolate or hot milo? Gynae said to avoid caffeine, so was wondering, chocolate has caffeine too.. so it's like, I don't know what kind of hot drinks I can take in the morning.... feeling so tired already but can't drink coffee, tea etc.. can we drink milo?

okie.. then i'll just drink one cup of milo everyday ..kekeke.. cant imagine doing without a hot drink in the morning..

now me in the 8th week le... heard fr gynae the MS will come soon... sian... oredi feeling quite lousy these days...

i nvr have the habit of drinking coffee. but i loves tea n chocolate stuffs. ytd break the rule drank a big glass of bubble tea at partyworld.
jennifer why not u drink the Anmum chocolate? i tink tt shd be ok.. or u drink fresh or hot milk..

cindy i oso don have ms. c u all have ms. im suspecting am i preg or nt. hehes.

but hor, ytd nite i ktv halfway i realised i have dark stains on my panties when i go to e ladies. i was so scared. n keep tinking of the negatives. dan i monitor. no more liaos. phew.

i read magazines on those baby defects.. i realli paranoid. i tink i donwan read it better. hahas.

yeah queenie, i understand how u feel.. my thinking quite negative and paranoid too, but dun dar to share with my frens because they think im mad.. hahaha..

Is the Anmum chocolate nice? If not bad, I'll go buy it tonite... hehee..

Queenie,

I also have been reading some articles and i was also feeling paranoid and worry. Arrrr....should not be reading all this and now every night can not get to sleep. Hope I can visit my gynae as soon as possible and hope he can tell me that everything is fine and normal. I so worry and scare.

I also having MS like most of you all. When I am hungry and even if I am full. Every 3hrs or so I will feel hungry too. Haha....If this goes on will sure be very fat.

i guess every mum to be will get paranoid every now and then, its only natural...cheer up mums to be!!

try to be positive!

i have not been taking dusphaston for the past 1/2 a day, and im feeling ok, phew...

was very worried that i'll get hooked on it...

sometimes the MS is a reminder that you're going to be a mum? if suddenly the MS or the bloatedness go away, will you girls feel that you're not pregnant anymore? haha..i have this funny feeling sometimes, esp when i am hard at work, and forgot for a moment, that i'm bearing a child...
comments pls?

Moomooland
Think what you say might be correct also. When you have MS you will know that a baby is in you and sometimes really remind me that Yes a baby is still inside with me.

moomooland,

To comment on forgetting that I'm pregnant at times:
I totally embarrassed myself at the chicken rice stall a while ago. I went, "Uncle, if possible can I have breastmilk, pls." Now I went red!!!! And smiled like a foolish idiot as I corrected myself and waited for the take-away!!

Now, I wasn't thinking baby thoughts at all. All that was going on in my head was - I am hungry I need to eat, before MS sets in. And I make such a boo boo. Silly billy man.

So moral of the story, our baby is always at the back of our minds.
happy.gif

Back