(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

asura
see ya at gymboree class then!!!

jtho
i'm oso not sure one... saw 'add photo' at the link so juz click n upload accordingly lor... ײ one... kakaka

mangogal
i start off w earth best apple puree... coz my boi not yet 6 mths so start off w puree first, mayb in 2 wks times, will give him cereal...

re the boon squirt spoon.
Tried it for the first time yesterday. Hubby put in freshly made pumpkin puree but he forgot to thin it with water so I couldn't squeeze any out. After he added water and blended it properly this time, it was really quite a breeze to use.

Since we didn't add any milk, we simply cap back the spoon, toss it into my bag and went to my MIL's place for dinner. When baby finally got hungry I just whipped it out and fed her whereever I was. Pretty cool eh!

One thing though, it is suitable only for well blended puree. If there are any chunky bits in the puree the boon spoon won;t work anymore as those bits will jam up the narrow "bottleneck".

Also, I think it takes some gfetting used to the spoon as I accidently spurted out the pumpkin a couple of times. But not major "spurts", just mini spurts. Errr ... how should I put it? about 2 to max 3 tiny dots of puree landed on my hands or gracie's face. hehehe

overall conclusion after my first trial:

worth buying for feeding on the go but it takes some getting used to. Really like the fact that because I am not dipping the spoon into the food, I don't get any puree on the underside of the spoon which means lesser mess. However, food must be well blended with no stringy or chunky bits.

Hope this helps.

Sunshine, my gal also not 6 months yet, so I bought the rice cereal that is suitable for 4 months onwards..when she 6 months will buy those 6 mohths type

BTW anyone buying SI SEN Fen frm Yu Ren Sheng? Gt to add wif brown rice cereal...

mangogal,
ooohh love your skiphop set. It's so pretty! I can't justify one cos I already have the munchkin suction bowls (very nice) plus babycubes which I often feed directly from, and the boon squirt spoon - my latest toy.

:-D

Alfafa, thks for ur feedback regarding the spoon, hmm..sounds easy n convi to bring the spoon on the go and feed anywhere! Hmm..I may go taka fair again tomr n buy! THe pink is really nice:p

I'm going to introduce baby cereal to Gracie for the first time today, and maybe even porridge sometime this weekend. She is 6mth and 7 days as of today.

Still holding out on the FM. Originally wanted to start weaning her off bit by bit from 6mth but now that I reached the milestone, I have decided to stick to BF for a little longer, one day at a time lah. Who else is stilling BF-ing? Jia You! Jia You!!!

Alfafa, I cant wait to use my hiphop colour bowls n the squirt spoon together ! Love the colour combi and makes feeding time so interesting!
happy.gif

mangogal
I'm feeding my boy with the Si Shen Brown Rice cereal. It's mixed together already.

alfafa
Wow, the squirt spoon sounds interesting to use but think I will just stick to the baby cubes and weaning bowl & spoon for now. (HB nag again...)

mangogal,
yes yes hubby likes it on sight. Even my SIL and BIL who are expecting twins this dec like it. My BIL was so amazed by it he pointed to the spoon and told my SIL "I want THAT".

do bear in mind that the max qty is 90ml though. So while it is enough for now, as baby grows this will be more as a snack-on-the-go? Anyway baby would be on solids then.

It should not be difficult to press. A gentle shake and a light pressure should be enough to dispense the food. If you had to squeeze hard, as I did intially when hubby forgot to thin the blended pumpkin with some fluid, then there must be chunky bits jamming up the neck or that the food is not blended well enough lor.

Kindermusik Trial Class
($25.50 incld gst)
(12pax/class)
(if there are 12 pax, 1 is FOC. we wil spilt the payment. So each person pays $23.40. If less than 12, will be $25.50 each)
(only 1 parent is allowed in the room, however, there is a glass panel which the other parent cn see. there will be a quiet time where you can swap position with your other half if you like.)
(no photos/videography during the session. They can be taken only before or after the session)

After putting ur name on the list, kindly pm sun96 for 13th Sept class & missycandy for 27th Sept class - ur real name & surname, contact, baby's name & baby's birthdate

Sun 13th Sept 2009 10am (3 slots available)
1. Lenny Susanty
2. Sunshinebaby
3. wintertime
4. Annt
5. Idlecat
6. Lizy
7. Kat
8. Jassy
9. Babystarlet
10. Kamy (bbstarlet's fren)

Alfafa, will take note of ur advise thks
happy.gif

Oh porridge can intro at 6 months? I thot 8 months or 9 months onwards?
Let us know what yumppy porridge recipe u prepare for Gracie.

mangogal,
you win already lah. How to use the coloured bowls together with your squirt spoon???? aiyo eh. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of either one. Or you like the colours so much you die die want to use together huh? Hahhaha funny sia. But I mjust say, won't they just look gorgeous drying on your dish rack? ;)

Jasho,
yah yah that is enough liao. Now that I have the squirt spoon my munchkin suction bowls are left on the shelf again. :p If I am home I will still be feeding directly from the babycubes with my Sassy temperature soft tip spoons too. The squirt spoon is really meant for feeding on the go. Makes sense for us cos we travel alot esp when hubby is around.

yah that's what I thought about porridge too. But both my Mom and MIL say I can intro porridge already. I still refused to when they mentioned it but then I just read on the feb thread that alot of mommies are already feeding babies home made porridge wor. They said that 6mth old babies can take it liao. Think aot of those baby food websites are angmo wensites so they don't have much info on Asian porridge, only Oatmeal versions.

Can't wait to use my brand new tiny mini slow cooker, perfect for baby porridge. New gadget to play with

<font color="aa00aa">bbstarlet
yr friend joining us for the class huh... can pm me her details so i can add into my list?? 10 Q!!

Kindermusik Trial Class
($25.50 incld gst)
(12pax/class)
(if there are 12 pax, 1 is FOC. we wil spilt the payment. So each person pays $23.40. If less than 12, will be $25.50 each)
(only 1 parent is allowed in the room, however, there is a glass panel which the other parent cn see. there will be a quiet time where you can swap position with your other half if you like.)
(no photos/videography during the session. They can be taken only before or after the session)

After putting ur name on the list, kindly pm sun96 for 13th Sept class &amp; missycandy for 27th Sept class - ur real name &amp; surname, contact, baby's name &amp; baby's birthdate

Sun 13th Sept 2009 10am (2 slots available)
1. Lenny Susanty
2. Sunshinebaby
3. wintertime
4. Annt
5. Idlecat
6. Lizy
7. Kat
8. Jassy
9. Babystarlet
10. Kamy (bbstarlet's fren)
</font>

mangogal
The brown rice cereal I bought was from NTUC, think it's Moon Rabbit brand, just need to add lukewarm water. Not from Yu Yan Sang. The YYS one need to cook over small fire which is more troublesome.

alfafa
Ya, think the spoon is convenient for travelling but can't use for long cause going to introduce porridge soon.

mangogal
yr ger not yet 6 mths huh? tot she already 6 mths... kekeke
u feed her rice cereal when she's how old? 5 mths?

Alfafa, oops haha! I too excited with these colourful feeding gadets liao :p
Cereal time use hiphop set, puree time use squirt spoon...
Oh mini slow cooker, sounds cool, update us ur new gadget!

I can still feed porridge with the spoon mah ... can't I? means it cannot be too watery.

Speaking of which, so the porridge must be of what consistency when we first intro? Vvery very watery? Then slowly intro thicker versions?

Jas, thks, when did u intro this rice cereal? baby after 6 months?

Sunshine, oh she is 5 months 2 weeks then intro rice cereal

mangogal
I intro cereal when he was about 4.5months as he had a great decrease in his milk feed. Had since intro fruit puree (apple, sweet potato, avocado, banana)

alfafa
I actually tried once giving 1 teaspoon of porridge which was quite watery and he didn't take it very well. I tried another time giving more like cantonese congee &amp; he slurps it up.

Oooh cool. Ok I shall start with something more like the cantonese congee type then. Brilliant, then I can still use the squirt spoon. Also, my girl does not like watery stuff too. She esp hates to take water. The expression she makes when forced to take water is priceless. Hubby jokes that baby is like me. Don't like to drink water ... I take so little water that my skin is almost always dehydrated :p I rather take coffee, milo, soft drinks ... juices, anything but water.

alfafa,

u talking abt normal teochew type chinese porridge yah? Also made of rice only so don't see a problem with introing - just avoid things with gluten for another couple of months, no?

asura,

re FM - I think most ppl wld go for one that dissolves easily and doesn't create many bubbles. regardless of your choice, just choose one and stick with it - anyhow chop and change also a bit tough on bb's bowels cos got to adapt, unless bb really doesn't like the taste, or it causes super constipation and you are desperate.

.. doesn't most baby cereal naturally contain gluten? I am thinking of starting her on cereal later in the afternoon.

Quite confusing. Some syay after 6 mth is fine, some say 1 year.

alfafa,

research is constantly showing different things these days. what to do. choose a middle way between 6 mths and 1 yr. LOL. anyway, rice doesn't contain gluten as far as i know, tt's why when introing cereals rice cereal is recommended. things like wheat contains gluten loh. best is when u buy the package shd actually state gluten free.

sunshinebaby
Cantonese congee is those that you no longer can see the rice grain, it's like mushroom soup texture if you know what I meant.

Re: Rice Cereals?
I'm still TBF Shayna. Last night did a bit of reading up on first solids for 6 month old babies and one site recommended giving purees and even meat over rice cereals, saying rice cereals are not that nutritious, bland (more suitable for 4-6 months) and just tummy fillers. How? I'm in a dilemma. I've planned to start on solids by giving her rice cereal in a week's time. Should I just start with veggies, then fruit, then meat? Apparently rice cereal can cause constipation?

re: feeding puree to bb
need to ask, after the puree jar is opened, we need to put in the fridge. next time feeding again, do we need to warm up the puree? how to warm up? the whole jar or just the amt bb is eating?

i introduced carrot puree from earth best for 3 days, and avocado puree for 5 days last week. 1 feed per day..

but tristan had contispation, din poo for 1 week 2 days. until ytd he poo. semi solid and he cry murder...

maybe worse if i introduce rice cereals to him from the beginning?

Hihi....can only log in for awhile as been busy with work and settle my new house.

Sorry for the delay ladies.....those who had requested to join the group, i had just approved all. As i seldom check the thread now. If anyone want to join the SMH group, please send the request thru facebook.
happy.gif

Didn't know that here got so many events. Too bad i cannot join any events for now.
sad.gif

thanks, sun. haven't seen kome in this thread for some time..hmm...anybody can help? i want to see the fotos..
happy.gif

u have given ur boi puree? how much u give per feed? i started giving earth's best sweet potato, but he made a funny face... but not for cereal. mayb bcos the puree is sweet bah

bbstarlet
gam seah hor!!! kekeke
hopefully can get 12 babies la... but if didn't, <font color="0000ff">u (those mummies attending 13 sep kindermusik class)</font> all dun mind paying the norm price $25.50 right? i'll wait till wed, if the slots still not taken, i'll request for payment lor... keep <font color="0000ff">u</font> all updated!!!

kome
u really 'long life', juz mentioned abt u... n here u r!!! LOLx
why cannot join those events??? u not gg for the 6th mth bash??

elina
ya... started last thur... but fri n sun forgotten to give... LOLx...
gave him 1 tsp on thur, 1 tbsp on sat... 2day ask my mum to give more if he wants...
my boi expression oso funny when gave him initially... coz the taste is diff fr his milk milk... kakaka

queenie
u gave puree, BB K got contispation huh...
ohhh.. tink i need to monitor my boi to see whether his digestion sys can take it anot...
but norm aft puree, i'll give him plenty water as well to wash away the taste in his mouth... drink more water will help in contispation??

elina
i jus took the jar out fr the fridge, scope the necessary in his bowl n leave it in room temp... once not tat chill, i'll feed my boi... not sure wat i did correct anot... ummm...
asura can advise?? =)

sharlene
yr SSF oso fr Yu ren sheng?

Hi,
I am new here. When is the 6th month gathering? I am staying at overseas but right now in SG. Will go if i still in SG. Btw, how to join Mar 09 Babies in FB? Thanks!

Alfafa,
If your bb starts taking puree and fine with it. You can start plain congee in 6 mths. then slower after a few days or a week, add in stuff like pumpkin, potato ,carrot etc. Intro one at a time and cook it till soft and mash it up.

7-8 months onwards you can start adding in meat like fish (ikan kurau then cod fish and salmon) and minced pork. This are to be mashed finely as well...

Oh!!! You can start your bb princess on bb biscuits already. You can those 6 and 7th mths bb biscuits.

My son got his teeth at 11 mths....finally...so late right?? He refuse to eat congee and started on rice, noodles anything but congee when he's 13-14mths. So I would say 1 year would be too late.

2872567.gif
aboard, dragonbee!!!
which country u staying?? tis coming sat is the 6th mth bash... tink the response was too gd, full hse for the bash, can chk w the organiser, misscandy

re: Mar09 MTBs in FB
u hv FB acct? juz search for the above grp n request for approval in order to join...

Back