(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Alfafa and Mangogal
yah...can start porridge already. My mum started porridge on my boy when he is 4mths plus though I don't agree. But he seems fine with it, no constipation etc. And the porridge must be cooked till like congee, not watery like the teochew porridge type. Must be thick like puree so easier to feed. My colleague just passed me a recipe book for baby food, looks yummy.

Maybe I share one of the porridge recipe here which says to eat from 9 mths

Tofu and Egg Yolk porridge (looks very yummy from the pix. I will try this soon, maybe even before my boy turns 9mths)

1/2 tofu
1 egg
30g porridge

1. Mash Tofu. Cook the egg and remove the egg white. Mash the egg yolk
2. Add the tofu to the porridge and bring to boil. Then add the egg yolk and cook well

** Tofu is made from soybeans and an impt sorce of plant protein for your baby.

Another one for 4-8 mths (all our babies can eat now)

Egg Yolk and Potato

1/2 potato
1 egg

1. Peel potato, rince and cut into pieces. Cook till soft and mash well
2. Cook the egg and remove the egg white. Mash egg yolk with a little water and mix well with potato and a little salt

** Potato helps prevent inflammation in the mouth, whereas egg yolk is a good souce of protein and Vit B

Happy cooking

scumpee
share more recipe with us lei...
or can share w us the title of the recipe book???
2872648.gif

similac:: it has a lot of bubbles because of the high protein content.
happy.gif
nothing to worry about.

Solids: wanted to only give Trishelle next wk but i caved in and gave her some today! her expression is PRICELESS! hope to get sometime later today to load the photos.
happy.gif

sad that cannot join the bash, i do hope you all will enjoy yourself! btw, me also having a good time looking at photos!!

lastly, to all teachers here, jojo, asura, HAPPY TEACHERS day!! and all else I've missed out!
happy.gif

oh yes:: to all mommies who wanna try to give egg before 1 yr old, there's a saying that giving eggs before 1 yr old makes the bb's mouth STINK and i didn't believe it. my #1's mouth does STINK A LOT! this time, i'm definitely not giving trishelle eggs till after 1 yr old haha!!

Cindy
REALLY?? mouth stinks? err...but this is what the book recommends leh.

Oh..ya, I might as well share the title of the book. Is called Nouvum's Kitchen, Nutritious Food for Baby and Toddler.

Ok, here's one recipe without Egg

White Fish Paste
50g White fish
1 tsp Corn starch water

1. Cut fish into small pieces, cook in boiling water till done. Remove

2. Add corn starch water to the fish and mash well

cindy
oops... mouth stinks? then i must take note lor...

faster upload the foto n share w us... can't wait to see... kakaka
recall my boi expression when feedin him puree... regret didn't take a foto/video of his expression... *sigh*

srumpee
2872683.gif

cindy - thanks for the info on similac...hmm...okok i will continue giving step 2 of similac to Baby K...u oso giving similac to trishelle?

And with regards to egg...ok i better don't give it till Baby K is at least 1 year of age...hehe

scrumpee
Thanks for sharing the recipes. But read from a few magazines that don't intro eggs before 1yr old as many babies are allergic to it.

sun,
The Si Sen Fen is pre-added in the brown rice cereal not from Yu Ren Sheng. Mine one is instant one dun need to cook. Add hot water only.

pinksorbet,
ur bb is 6mths alrdy? u started stage 2 FM? me still on Nan Pro 1, havent give my boi Nan Pro 2 yet, tho have some sample tins at home.
btw, do we just switch to stage 2 totally, or have to phase in and gradually increase the feedings with stage 2 fm?

Today I brought Marissa for her jab and the nurse told me to start her on eggs from 9 mths onwards to prepare her for the MMR jab when she is 15 months old.

queenie,

me too me too!! bb C only on puree for 2 weeks, got to strain to poo poo... poor gal, the poo poo is semi-solid liao.. just on puree. wonder wat would happen with cereal, i just started her on rice cereal on sat. heh

elina - Baby K onli 5mths+ currently, so i haven't introduce Stage2 FM yet...from my understanding, Stage1 FM has more nutrients than Stage2 FM, cos Stage2 FM assumes baby has the required food benefits from other sources. Anyway for me, i will just switch to Stage2 completely ba...not sure if i'm right though...

*hug tris* aiyo.. how come ar? poo till cry, think must be very difficult to poo ba.. but of coz la, 1 week plus nv poo liao..

ziv's poo still yellowish like irene's boy le.. but the texture is very creamy like n colour more deep yellowish compared to the past..

Queenie,

Marissa was also constipated last week. I think its becos of the brown rice cereal. Her constipation was bad, she cried and was cranky the whole nite. So my MIL force her to drink water even to the extend of using the syringe to give her water.

stage 2 FM shld start frm 7mths onwards.... stage 1 FM shld be taken all thru 6mths...
happy.gif

re: Bash - yes its full apologies. have turned down some mummies already. Next one will be 1yr... LOL... that one probably have to find big big function room...
happy.gif

tusky - wil sms u once details are finalised okie?
happy.gif

mango - wil let u knw again.. hee

egg - i think if wana feed egg can but must make sure fully cooked... cant be half boiled...

queenie, we gave Heinz ready made fruit puree to Baby V, and her poo was dry and very sticky. We then gave her fresh fruits (we mashed the fruits until very fine) and gave her water after that, her poopoo now is wet, soft and pasty. So far she had tried papaya and banana. We're trying to introduce more fresh fruit to her.

scrumpee,

Me also read not to intro egg so early. Somemore need to separate egg yolk from egg white. Apparently, egg yolk can introduce earlier but very troublesome. I think i would just wait until 1 yr old before i give her eggs. Easier.. lol.. lazy mommy.

By the way, i heard from my colleague that when we buy minced pork from mkt, ask them to mince again.. thn would be just nice for bbs.

missycandy,
oh issit? didn't know that - i thot once bb hits 6mths, have to switch to Stage 2 liao..thanks for informing!

Ya I wont intro egg until she is gng to be 1 yr old or as what Sportgirl advise.

Sportygal, so has the constipation prob been solve? Hope Marissa is back to her happy self, hv u start any fruit puree?

What fruit to intro so wont get constipate ah?

elina - wow u have good memory...yesyes baby K is born on 17Mar =)...

Re: Puree
So the bottled ones will cause constipation issit? or the brown rice cereal? i better feed Baby K some water then...haiz poor babies trying to poo but constipated...

Can someone guide me step by step to join the Mar 09 Babies in FB?

I tried to seach for the group in the FB, can't locate at all. Sorry.... me = computer idiot.

Thanks a lot.

Egg
Luckily I posted the recipe, if not, I didn't know can't feed egg before they turn 1. But the book did mention that the egg recipes are for 9mths old baby and above. Thanks all for the advice.

Maybe I will start with the fish with corn starch recipe first, when my boi turns 6mths exactly.

Lizy, hmm think I will intro banana puree 1st, hopes she likes it!
This thurs I am on leave, gng to prepare my ai xin puree for her n store in baby cubes and let her try this weekend
happy.gif

thanks for the link, Sharlene and missy candy.
I have requested for group. Please approve me. Thank you. I can't wait to see the pics in there.

mangogal,

Yes marissa is fine now, so we try to make sure she drinks more water everyday to prevent constipation. I have started giving avocado, pumpkin and sweet potato to her. She likes them
happy.gif

Oh ya and for the eggs, shd give only egg yolk first when hit 9 mths and only intro egg white when they turn 1.

My mum says egg is very good for the baby. But at the beginning, just give a bit a day, not all the yolk at once. No whites till after a year, I think.

mangogal
I gave my boy banana puree over the weekend, he was ok on sat but yesterday evening, he seem to have 2 red patches on both sides of his mouth. Wonder if he's allergic to banana...

I made pumpkin puree & froze them in babycubes. Going to intro to him this week. I got a Philips hand blender & can make the puree really smooth, easy to wash & can blend small amounts.

jasmin,
which model of Philips blender u are using? for banana puree, just cut and blend?
pumpkin puree, u steam the pumpkin with or without the skin?

hehe.. egg yolk fully cooked is fine... but not too much too!!

scrumpee:: your menu looks delicious!! hhe my #1 used to have so much salmon that until now, he totally HATES it!! hahah. now he only takes codfish la. haha.. give oily fish more nutrition!
happy.gif
omega rich.

sun:: hahaha!! i am sure B must look really funny!!
happy.gif
k i will try to load later. haha!

Lunch
Tomorrow!!! 1 Sept/ Tues
12noon / Can we meet earlier at 11.45am else no seats leh....
Tampines Mall - Swenson

See you all mummies !! Please PM me if require my contact.

Queenie,

Sayang Tristan. So heartpain. You might wanna try to give him some gripe water once a day.

Halo Mummy

Is your baby starting on cereals?

I am doing a BP on Korea's Eco-Friendly Detergents / Cleanser (incuding Fruit and Vege Wash which can use to wash baby bottles) and ZEN Cereals/Porridge.

BP ends tomorrow, 1 Sep 09. FREE DELIVERY to some location.

See link here:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/2852882.html?1251717344

I am giving my 6mth old baby cereals once a day already and starting the ZEN Powder, 30 Grains for now.

You can see more details from here:

http://gracet8i.multiply.com/journal

PM me if you need more information.

mumies ELC having sale at Paragon Basement til this sunday.
Buy 5 items to get 70% off!

Good deal but stocks running out quick for more popular items

Back