(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

Lonerunner,
The world is really small sia! Frankston, I know where, been there few time meet friends from ur uni. Hehe… I bet you had sweet memories there…
happy.gif
I was in Burwood and Hawthorn. I missed Melbourne so much and almost 10 years liao we din go back there. Which year u came back? We will catch up during the nov gathering….

deedee:
I came back in 2002. I grad after you rite?
I still remembered that while there doing a project halfway, we saw the World Trade Center collapsed from the TV. woah!
ha! U are good! I still cant figure out where u are from :p I found 2 unis that have Hawthorn campus but not Burwood :p Yeah we shld catch up during gathering! The time spent in melbourne were the best of my life!
happy.gif

kris:
hey shyann's lessons end abt 12pm rite? why dun u join us for the 2nd session for a short while?
happy.gif

hi, my girl had urinary tract infection due to E.colli bacteria. She has to go to hospital to have antibiotic jab every day cos she vomitted out the antibiotic taken. Fever still lingering. It has been 4 very tiring days due to very little sleep/ hardly any sleep during the 1st 3 days. Her red blood cell and white blood cell count were very high so the infection is quite bad.The doctor even said need to do another test (can't remember the name), something like have to insert a catheter to check if the kidney and bladder are ok after she recovered. Ask him if it's necessary to do that cos has to let her drink something to make her sleep, he said he wll do it fo his children. feel so sad to see my daughter suffered.

Sandy, may i ask if the PD mentioned what bacteria caused the UTI for your daughter last time? did she have diarrhea when administering the antibiotics? How long does it take to recover? what is the follow up action after she recovered? Feel quite troubled, not sure if I should let her go thru that "catheter testing" after she recovers? tks so much in advance for your sharing.

NOV Gathering
==========================================
Venue: Function Room in a Condo in Sengkang. *PM Lonerunner/dbaby if you still do not have the address!
Time : 11am - 3.30pm
Date : Nov 14, 2009 (Sat)
BP: Clothes and accessories (bb and mummy)
Lunch Provider: NeoGarden
Amount payable: <font color="0000ff">Pls transfer $15 per px to Snow_luplup, POSB Savings: 003-39889-7. indicating ur nickname, transaction reference and amount. Thanks!</font>

All are welcome!

Names of Mummy and bb for NameTag
----------------------------------------
01) Deedee + bb Alethea
02) Blueb + bb Raphael
03) Dbaby + BB Irisa
04) Lonerunner + BB Chi Mun (Paid. $15)
05) GraceChua + bb Han
06) Popkorn SY + bb Sarah
07) pumpkinseed
08) Ginn + bb Faith
09) webtobe06 + bb Snow
10) steph + bb (Paid. $30)
11) snowluplup + bb Josen
12) Catmomo + bb caleb
13) princessdella + bb Renee
14) spicegal + bb Jerilyn
15) mrslim + bb Noel
16) joannelim + bb Joel
17) DJ Mama + bb Merisse
18) Saroqueenie + bb Joel
19) ag_gal + bb Jovan
20) mudpie + bb Chloe
21) LemonT + bb Breana
22) Mrs Sim + bb Zachary
23) Butterkiss + bb Kayden
24) Happy mummy + Happy daddy + bb Xavier
25) BBYANG + bb Jun Xiang
26) Ah_zi + bb Keitaro
27) sheepish
28) Popipi + bb Aaden (Paid. $15)
29) Fiona + bb Clover
30) Iceblue + bb Nicole
31) Olivey + bb Justin (Paid. $15)
32) Olivia + bb Xavier

Games for BB and mummies:
-------------------------
Details coming your way ... stay posted!

Carpool/ TaxiPool
-----------------
*Pls arrange among yourselves for pickup schedule!
1) CCK MRT [by car - Snowluplup] - snowluplup, webtobe06 (Slot's full)
2) BoonLay/West [By Taxi] - joannelim. Any others?
3) Sembawang [by car - Butter] - Any takers??

Required
-----------------
1) Playmats for bb to lie on
- Dbaby will bring 1 playmat (TBC)
- BBYang will bring 1 playmat

2) Plastic sheet for bags and mummy to sit
- Saro

Look forward to seeing everyone on Nov 14, 2009!

hi girlma,

i feel for you...i know exactly how traumatic it is..hugzz

my girl's uti was also caused by e-coli, present in human stools. on the third day of her fever, we went to a&amp;e (after several naggings from our pd). they took blood and urine and diagnosed uti..they made us admit immediately but hb and i didnt want to so they discharged us at our own risk, and prescribed us with oral antibiotics. this was 12 midnight. next morning 8am, my pd called and nagged us and forced us to admit..hai, we already had the intention to admit her because she kept spitting out the anti biotics. so we admit her, insert the IV line to infuse anti biotics and her fever disappeared immediately. very effective..then she went for ultrasound to see if theres any kidney dilation (there is abit) thats why they worried that there is urine reflux from the bladder back to the kidney. so they want to do the voiding test (i.e insert the cathetar and dye to tract the urine flow). we refused to do this test more so because her uti was caused by e coli and we have faith that her uti was due to her poopoo rather than she has a urine reflux problem. eventually her nephrologist relented and say to at least do a PET (positron emission) scan of her kidneys to see if the uti episode caused any damaged to her kidneys..they injected radioactive substance into her IV line (super sim tia for me
sad.gif
) for this scan. scan was normal. so her nephrologist says to postpone the cathetar test. we were admitted for total 7 days (that was the length of her anti biotic treatment..total of 21 doses) and after discharge, still have to eat another 7 days of oral anti biotics. then every month must do urine test to make sure theres no infection; or each time she has fever, we have to take urine for analysis. so far thank god, there is no recurrence but each time she has fever im damn scared and her uti drama will resurface until her urine test is proven negative. im glad i didnt take the cathetar test.

girlma,
so sorry to hear abt ur gal. keep up your spirits and hope ur gal will get well v soon.

did doc explain the E.colli bacteria? how did ur gal contacted the bacteria.

by the way girlma,

my girl had loose stools with blood streaks in them. my hb says its a side effect of anti biotics because the medication kills off all the bacteria including the good ones in their digestive tract so there is blood. her stools went back to normal after she finished her intravenous anti biotics.

lonerunner,
i came back in early 2000. my campus is in burwood and i lived in these 2 places. yah, i agreed with you living in melbourne is the BEST of my life!

girlma/sandy:
that is a terrible experience to go thru for both bb and their parents!

kris:
oh ya, different school location hor? I kept thinking is the suntec school's timing
happy.gif

deedee:
I dun mind going back melbourne to stay again :p hb has got intention to study for his masters in a few years time. so we might just head over if I can find a job there at the same time.

Hi everyone,

Besides Gymboree and MyGym. Anyone has any recomendation for 8month old baby please? Eg, swimming, music, etc.. I would like to try some trial classes.

Also any suggestions for 1 year old party please?
Many thanks

Sandy, as usual, you are a great source of encouragement here in this forum! I really appreciate it, thank you. I think i will not go for the catheter test too. They already did the ultra sound of her kidney and bladder and result is normal. Thank God! I also believe her UTI is caused by the stool cos she was having loose stool few times the day before she had fever. I wash her under the water, bath her in the tub then still there is stool in her vaginal area. I should've clean her vaginal area before bathing her. I learnt my lesson.

Mamafio,
U asked me for clover design rite?? here it is.. U can choose for other colour of the clover too.. R3XX range of ribbon used for the pic attached...
2 designs, but i find the 1 on the clip more like it. The other one, looks more like a tree.. hahahha =)

3210871.jpg
3210872.jpg

blueb: I got Keppel club, Spore Swimming Club and NSRCC to choose. SSC is my bro's one.

lonerunner: My BB will have 2 parties. haha cos his chinese bday is on CNY eve. So confirm that reunion dinner will celebrate for him.

Anyone went to the Kate Spade sale? I heard its a disaster.

<font color="0000ff">Hi lonerunner, pls include me and violet. initially, got something on, but now no more, so can go! pls include me yah! will transfer soon!</font>

Hi mummies, sorry to disturb.. I have 6 cans of Promil Gold Step 2 - 900g milk powder for 6mths &amp; above:

Expiry Feb 2010
Selling @ $120 for 6.

Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

NOV Gathering
Venue: Function Room in a Condo in Sengkang. *PM Lonerunner/dbaby if you still do not have the address!
Amount payable: Pls transfer $15 per px to Snow_luplup, POSB Savings: 003-39889-7. indicating ur nickname, transaction reference and amount. Thanks!

All are welcome!

01) Deedee + bb Alethea
02) Blueb + bb Raphael (Paid. $15)
03) Dbaby + BB Irisa
05) GraceChua + bb Han (Paid. $15)
06) Popkorn SY + bb Sarah (Paid. $15)
07) pumpkinseed
08) Ginn + bb Faith
09) webtobe06 + bb Snow
11) snowluplup + bb Josen
12) Catmomo + bb caleb
15) mrslim + bb Noel
16) joannelim + bb Joel
17) DJ Mama + bb Merisse
19) ag_gal + bb Jovan
20) mudpie + bb Chloe
21) LemonT + bb Breana
22) Mrs Sim + bb Zachary
26) Ah_zi + bb Keitaro (Paid. $15)
27) sheepish
29) Fiona + bb Clover
30) Iceblue + bb Nicole
32) Olivia + bb Xavier

Carpool/ TaxiPool
-----------------

Required
-----------------

- Saro

NOV Gathering
Amount payable: Pls transfer $15 per px to Snow_luplup, POSB Savings: 003-39889-7. indicating ur nickname, transaction reference and amount. Thanks!

All are welcome!

01) Deedee + bb Alethea
02) Blueb + bb Raphael (Paid. $15)
03) Dbaby + BB Irisa
05) GraceChua + bb Han (Paid. $15)
06) Popkorn SY + bb Sarah (Paid. $15)
07) pumpkinseed
08) Ginn + bb Faith
09) webtobe06 + bb Snow
11) snowluplup + bb Josen (Paid)
12) Catmomo + bb caleb
15) mrslim + bb Noel
16) joannelim + bb Joel
17) DJ Mama + bb Merisse
19) ag_gal + bb Jovan
20) mudpie + bb Chloe
21) LemonT + bb Breana
22) Mrs Sim + bb Zachary
26) Ah_zi + bb Keitaro (Paid. $15)
27) sheepish
29) Fiona + bb Clover
30) Iceblue + bb Nicole
32) Olivia + bb Xavier
33) kkf + bb Violet

Carpool/ TaxiPool
-----------------

Required
-----------------

- Saro

Nov Gathering:
All mummies, would appreciate if all payments can be made by 11th Nov Wed. Thanks!

peachmomo:
hehehee ... grand 1st birthday for bb! 2 occasions in 1!
hey wat happened to the Kate Spade sale ah? How come it was a disaster?? *kpo*

kkf:
welcome back, and to the party!! How have you been?
happy.gif

Hi blueb and lonerunner! see u at the gathering!
busy with two kids and a job. haha, and going crazy with violet who is ever so cranky.
sad.gif

So mummies at the gathering, do lend me a hand if you see me unable to handle my cranky girl! haha!

Funds Transfer to Other DBS/POSB A/C
08 Nov 2009 07:09 AM Singapore

Your transaction is completed.
You may wish to print out a copy of this confirmation for your reference.

From Account POSB Savings
To Account POSB Savings
003-39889-7 gatheringpay
Amount S$15.00
Transaction Reference 2539995248

Hi Snow,Lonerunner,

Saro/Tracy TTed ! Thanks for arranging, see you mummies at the gathering
happy.gif

From Account POSB Savings

To Account POSB Savings
003-39889-7 Snow
Amount S$15.00
Transaction Reference 2540157315

kkf:
hey dun worry. I'm also counting on help by fellow mummies on the gathering day! My girl is also tough to manage
happy.gif
I remembered mummies like mrslim helping me out with my girl on 1st may gathering as well as the Aug one
happy.gif

saro:
thanks for transferring! see u at the gathering!
happy.gif

hi Lonerunner and Snow,
have transferred the funds and email u the details.

Yes, I also worried I cant handle my active and cranky boy tat day. Afraid he will be so excited tat I cant control him.
See u all on Sat!
Ohyes, Btw, I may be a little late. Cos 11am may coincide with his nap time. But I will try to make it on time.. if he's not asleep! Pls pardon me ok.

lonerunner,
tks for the compliments.. i am jus tryin to help mamafio to design a clover leave tt no one will haf yet.... if u keen on any special designs, let me knw...

Nov 14 Gathering
glad to see the high turnup rate!!! cant wait to see all of u!!

dbaby:
haiz. dun think I can buy any clovers from you for the time being. On sat when you see my bb's hair length, you'll know why liao. Her grandma (my mum) had trimmed every spared length away. She looks more like a boy than a girl now.

catmomo:
received ur email. Had forwarded to snow for accounting. Thanks!

NOV Gathering
Amount payable: Pls transfer <font color="0000ff">$15 per px by 11th NOV(WED) to Snow_luplup, POSB Savings: 003-39889-7,</font> indicating ur nickname, transaction reference and amount. Thanks!

All are welcome!

baby update:
- 9months: weighs 9.5kg and height is 74cm
- no teeth
- pulls herself up and balance without holding to anything
- cruises while holding into furniture
- crawls well with belly off the ground
- 3 solid meals a day....really loves pasta!
- waves bye bye, close open of hands, beautiful eyes, and shakes her head to say NO
- likes to play peek-aboo
- drinks 180ml/6oz (5x a day)
- drinks water from her doidy cup

Hi Mummies,

Was wondering if u r expericing this or is it just me..

My 8mths plus BB boy out of the blue one fine day decide that his dad is his favourite person! He prefers his daddy to smooth him, carry him and will want him to be carried. He will shift himself away from me when i attempt to smooth or carry him. *SIGH*..so heartpain..

Is it a boy thing or is it a growing up thing? Wonder how long it will last.

Have your BB been waking up in the middle of the night and cry and wail like thunder and refuse to stop, hard to smooth?

Thanks mummies..Its been a week since..

Dear mummies...

Besides makan and chit-chatting, here are the details for what's going to happen at the Nov gathering!

NOV Gathering

BP BOOTHS (11.00am - 03.00pm)
---------------------------------
1) My Accessories Page Selling Hair Accessories, Pillow &amp; Bolster Case (Pre-order)
2) Joannelim BB &amp; Children Hair Accessories
3) My Little Stylos Customized t-shirts and rompers
4) My Cutie Kingdom Children clothes, socks, shoes
5) The Regi Store Mummies' accessories

FRIENDLY GAMES
------------------------
For babies:
1) The Longest Standing Baby
2) The Fastest Crawler
3) The Fastest Toy-Snatcher
4) The Fastest Diaper Changing Contest
5) Most Stylo Baby

*The above games are planned to keep our little ones occupied &amp; let them have some fun. Feel free to let your little ones join in the fun if they are ready. If not, do join us in cheering the babies on!
To help us in our estimation on the timing for Games 1 to 4, mummies keen to let their darlings participate in these 4 games, please kindly PM us. =)

For mums:
6) Most Chic mum

* Who says mummies after having their children are a brunch of hags? Come dressed up and have some fun!

We would like to thank all BP Booth Participants and www.fatbellymama.com for their kind sponsorship of prizes for the games.

snow lup lup,
I had already transferred the money to you this morning at 11am+. It's done at the ATM machine (airport). Pls check. =)

wow, the gathering seems very much interesting!!! haha. it will be fun! looking forward.

can has this item "the crankiest baby"? haha, mine will surely win!!!!!!!

i think and think very hard to see if my gal can participate in any cateogory, if category 4, think she will surely wail loudly when the toys are snatched away from her, better not! she still can't stand well enough, though she likes to, and she crawls a while will want people to carry her and start wailing...hmm...stylo baby, maybe, cause she seldom smiles...she is very coolzzzzzz, counted? ha!

after consideration, think we better just be the ones watching.

Hi kkf.... My little one cant participate in the diaper changing too! He will definitely win the Loudest Crying Baby if he is changing diaper! haha...cool IS stylo too! =)

I will be letting my boy try Game 1 and 2.

For 5) and 6) no need to sign up =) Everyone's in! =)

aiyo,BB sarah cant join the diaper changing too. I dread or we both dread diaper changing. haha. As for Game 1, she can only stand with something to hold on...so will there be something for them to hold on? keke

Cant wait for this sat. imagine so many babies crawling ard. haha.

WoW! the programmes look good, hope we are in time to join...

btw, ade, spicegal &amp; myself will not be having the buffet. So do i TT $6 ($2 for miscellaneous*3pax) to snow? otherwise, pls advise. thank u.

wah lau .. super tired. beng san liao.

After the 14th Nov gathering, the following sat will be my sister's wedding liao. then my project going live on the next next next saturday. Lots of things to workout and coordinate. Busy busy period.

if everything goes smoothly ah, then ok. If something cope up, then have to spend time and efforts to deal with the issues. Sometimes I cant be bothered too much. Especially when the issues are really "bo liao" or what we technical ppl classify as a "I-D-10-T" (idiot) issue. But still, it would require time and efforts to sort things out.

SY:
I think beside crawling bb, we can also see bb trying to snatch things, or biting stuff they can get their little hands on! haahahaa!

kkf:
hahaha .. crankiest bb. I think my bb will be a competitor for Violet too! :p If there is a "fastest bb on wheels", my bb will be in good position to win
happy.gif

butter:
hey where are you flying to? How come u are at the airport?
happy.gif
Take me with you ....!

lonerunner,
Flying to nowhere... Took leave yesterday coz my hubby birthday.. we went there to eat loh. *LOL* Also to "tour" around T3. Ha ha...

My baby can't stand and for crawling, he is still at the "beginner" stage. We will just watch all the babies have fun and cheer on at the side. =)

Back