(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

wah so many posts today!!

DJ, my gal also shakes her head a couple of days ago... i'm thinking is it she found this something new, so keep doing it?! Otherwise, she's starting to scratch her head hmmmm

catmomo, when my gal was teething, she cried while sleeping almost every 2hrly at night... tough man! she also lost weight, cos was sick and teething at same time!

Btw, will our babies start having nightmare already? My gal on 2 occassions cried for quite long while still sleeping and she'll sort of crawl and struggle when we carry her, difficult to make her stop crying leh... sighs

Haiz how i wish my gal can jump, she cant really stand yet leh... do all babies here can stand already?? stressed up!

re egg yolk, my PD recommended tat can start feeding at 9mths... it's nutritious for babies too.

girlma and catmomo,

im not sure if its a different practice? naomi's baby book includes measles between 6 and 12 mths, varicella at 12 mths. SY also mentioned 9 mths measles jab. maybe can see what she says.

Anyone staying in marine parade? I've got a Friso step 2. New not opened. Expiry date next year October. Selling for $25. anyone interested?

oh by the way, the 9 mths measles jab is in addition to the MMR that she will be getting at 15 mths. i remembered my pd mentioned that our babies' immunity (from the mother) for measles last till 9 mths so need to immune at 9 mths; and MMR immunity (from mother) lasts till 15 mths.

yah, think e jab is called mmr (mumps, measles & rubella) in sg... to be taken @ 15 mths...

my gal oso no more jabs until 12 mths, but can't remember wat jab tat is gonna be...

haha sandy, din read ur post before i posted mine...

anyway, there was no mention of e 9 mth measles jab by my gal's pd leh...

our thread has been quiet for a long while! went to peek @ jan thread, since my gal born in jan... wah, their posts are like 4 times ours!

DJ,

I dont give walker and TV too! ;)
Nvm abt what they say, my mum always tells me aiyo, u must give walker, pacifier, sarong, TV is ok etc... All kenna rejected by me hehe...
I dont give walker but I give jumperoo, but I sold it away to a nice mummy since he outgrow liao, now I let him learn walking using the Haenim play yard, he will cruise around holding on to it...

Catmomo,

Indeed its hard not to give walker, TV etc, which is why my back is suffering from all the tiring carrying and all
sad.gif

Btw mummies, I think Irene Lee's cake is damn nice, in my opinion, nicer than aimummy... I mean outlook haha, too bad she is fully book until Mar 2010... sigh

ei seemed like bb likes tissue packets hor? my bb likes them too leh. Always wan to grab one to put into her mouth. Today she spied dd's tissue packet sticking out from his side pockets while daddy is carrying her in his arms. So bb turned sidewards and reached downwards to grab that tissue! aiyo!

my bb also no more jab since 6mths old. Next at 12mths.

blueb:
maybe u can throw away the 20+ packs of milk when you are ready to throw them
happy.gif
Otherwise just leave them in fridge lah, but dun feed bb with them to play safe
happy.gif
U wont wan to see bb suffer rite?
happy.gif

oh ya, thx for ordering the organic puffs. bb loves them! I am mixing both apple and banana favours in a container. That's the reward for bb if she behaves :p Surprising, that also played a part in bb taking to those bottle jar food after she got used to eating puffs. Strange bb.

DJmama:
hehhee ... hsework can never be finished one. I have given up trying to keep the hse in pre-bb-arrival condition since bb's arrival. But I like the idea of the overhaul activities for Mer and stuff :p Nice!!
I think SAHM's life is great for u! Even the pain in shoulder has disappeared! hehehehe ...

happy:
hahhaa .. u are so funny ... koala bear! :p

Happy...glad to hear that ur boy is better =) haha...ya, even though I ordering from another mummy, her cake is also not cheap compared to if buy from like outside bakeries. Even though he wont be able to eat/appreciate it, I believe seeing the colourful cake will make him happy! Of course, the cake will make me happy too..haha, so I am going to choose a theme that I like =)

Sandy.... Ya, I know how stressful it can be if you are driving and naomi is making a fuss behind! When Raph was much younger and not so mobile, I can drive him alone and he doenst make any fuss at all. Now very difficult already.

Iceblue....yes, my boy just like ur gal like tat, short distance ok. Maybe u can try giving him puffs/biscuits to eat. This usually keeps him occupied. I think its becos he is bored so he wants to get out and explore the car. Haha...seems like she is abusing mummy, kicking and pullg mummy =p

DJMama....haha...ya, that's really true! I was soo happy when I got out of my previous job. I felt that I was becoming an more evil person by the day, having to deal with difficult people, taught to craft emails in certain ways that protect urself, etc... Really hate it! But hor, ur job cannot wear dress?? haha...
I think the carseat facing front/back goes by bb's weight rite? How heavy is ur bb now?

Gerly...nett price?!? Oh no, I didnt ask about it leh...thought its $16.80 ++... Ya, they give free 1kg cake. What other freebies did they give u? So u mean can bargain one har? I didnt know,..haha...sounds like bargaining for wedding package like that =p U rem what is the name of the manager u talked to?

Blueb,

Yes, the only chance to order a cake exactly like what you wanted for yourself before he start learning to protest... Also, can be in the disguise that its for your baby, then ppl will not get a chance to say you are childish! hee =P

Lonerunner,

Eh... he clings on to me like a little Koala bear leh lol but I love it sooooooo much!
Xavier loves the Happy puffs too, I tasted it and I found it less sweet compared to Gerber's and taste better too! hee
Is this avail in supermarkets? So far only seen Gerbers..

Hello,

anyone knows the contact for sugar lust http://www.sugarlust.blogspot.com/

i'm looking for fondant cake for my son and his 1st birthday falls on 6th day of CNY. i was turn down by aimummy cos of CNY. any recommendation? i really need to book for one now as it is not easy to find someone during the festive season.

blueb:hee yup my gal cant sit stil de. she's on the move evry moment. at hm also dun like to sit. hehe ya naughty she jus enjyg herslf nvr end up alot actions. smtims she pull off few strands of my hair at one go!

hehe but me too like mummy happy am enjy al this time, she cling to me n mil lik koala bear, im happy she wil cling to me too nt my mil only.she kisses me in the car aft she have her fun smtimes... oh i miss her rite nw wen im typing al this... tmr wil go see her!

my hb and I both think that we are suffering from internal injuries too. Bb likes to use her toys lying around on our bed and hit us on our heads/chest/tummy etc when she wakes up in the morning in between the both of us. I had placed the toys there to keep her entertained but hb said the toys have now turned into weapons.

*bb wakes up. Look around. Daddy n mummy are sleeping on either sides.*
*Reached for a toy. Found it bored after playing with it.*
*Tap mummy or daddy* "Good morning mummy and daddy! Wake up and play with me!"

*whack!* "WAKE UP!!"

Mummy and/or daddy will wake up at this point, holding onto a jaw or head etc, depending on who is the victim.

Happy Bellies Probiotics:
Tried giving this to bb the other day. It is less 'fragant' than Happy Times and got a strong taste. my bb is ok with the first few spoonful. after tat dun wan already. Maybe I got to mix it with something else to hide the taste

iceblue:
din give bb the optional jabs. maybe tats why no more jabs :p
not sure if this is a good decision or not but lets see how things go :p

Thanks mummies on sharing car seats. Guess I have to go down to the shops for a look. hmm, there is britax and britax safe and sound. Which is better? Bb Sarah has been a wriggling worm at the back of the car hence the need to get a car seat. haha

BB Sarah doesnt sit on walker too. She just cruise around in the house on weekend or inside playyard on weekday. keke. TV? most probably a bit. But she enjoys reading books and will FLY to the book whenever she sees one. keke.

Thanks Blueb for the puffs! Sarah loves it and enjoy "pinching" the puff into her mouth. So cute.

DJmama
I am so envious of you! But i realised taking care of bb can be more tiring than working. Got advantage and disadvantge bah. Now, I am counting down to my leave in Dec! yeah

BTW, my bb is down with cough. Hear her cough heart ache. her whole face turn red when coughing. haiz. Any good remedy?

sandy/happy

thks for advice..cant check the expiry date cos its the bottle type..no dates but guez its about 6mths liao haha so wont use la

happy
the happy puffs is available at some ntuc branch, saw it b4 at bukit panjang branch selling at $8.90i tik..u can still pm baby sparkles at closed bp..tik she still hv excess stk

sy
1 mummy of 2 told me b4 if bb having cough, rub some ruyi oil on the sole of the feet and wear socks..will go away. works on her girls, maybe u like to try?
happy.gif

iceblue
u planning to celebrate yr girl's 1st birthday? how ar? ours fall on the 5th day of cny. so u planning it b4hand? dun tik pple wanna attend if i hold it on exact day lor haha

hello blueb, just pm u..any mummies interested to hold parties at pariss do let me koe will pass contact n get special privileg n discount...

btw not throw away yr bm used it to spa yrself tats wat i do...so much excess...hope tat yr boy gets better..

wow so many bakers fully booked so diff to find nice cakes!!!

catmomo: aiyo, yr boy lao sai, my boy constipation leh.
he was crying and crying when he passed motion.
sad.gif

giving him more water and condition seems to be better, but he simply refuse to take more water.
think he still dont know how the water is associated to better poo.

any mummy here has suggestion for constipation

carseat: i have already turned bb to front facing several months ago.
think not too good, but when i am driving alone with bb, i can 'see' bb when required.
and my bro-in-laws bought us little mirrors to stick on to biow bb easily. it's available from daiso, cheap cheap.
give bb the pacifier and he will sit in the seat and biow the surrounding when i drive.
and bb loves to zzz in the car seat when he's too tired.
sometimes when he gets cranky and want to be carried, i will carry him out of the car seat for a while and then put him back in and tell him bo bian for safety sake, he has to be in the car seat, haha... as if he understands.
happy, iceblue: oh no, does it mean sooner my bb will want to be out of car seat and jumps around?

happy: wow! u on 2 weeks leave! envy too!
dj: envy envy! SAHM!
from yr description, mer sounds so fun!

blueb: did u give bb the oral thrust cream for one week? PD mentioned that requires one week for the thrust to fully break off.

ginn: that time bb was teething, he also cried while sleeping. his eyes are still closed but keep crying. he only stopped when we wakes him up. not sure due to teething or just having nightmare.

TV and books: my bb's concentration is close to zero. tv or books, just 5 secs and he turns away.
sad.gif

he just love to interact with people more! :p

sheepish: 4 times slower and i have problem catching up liao. haha. if i'm in jan thread, maybe give up liao. :p
pai seh leh, such a long message... haha trying hard to do the catch up!

me going batam this weekend, but with the news of rough sea and colliding ships these few days... makes me a bit worried.
sad.gif

else i'm v much looking forward to the first overseas trip with bb! :p

gerly, i want e contact too. Popipi, ya lor very hard to celebrate, for us i think at most is at our house, lik arrangin Cny visit. If i celeb for her only close frens cos really dif to get ppl come Cny period n worst is gettin confirmation from ppl, sure last min alot back out. So only keep small scale if she get a party

gracechua, for constipation, try giving bb prune or pear juice or eat pear itself. Brocolli also works. These 2 are the soluble fibre which helps in passing motion. Alternatively, if it really gets worse, maybe have to give lactulose (medication) to soften the stool for this round first.

sy, is ur bb on cough medication? esp if she has phelgm, better not drag it too long, better to see doc again if she doesnt get well after a week.

Happy, sy, how much did u all buy the play yard, do u all think it's good?

Btw mummies, can cereals be 'pre made' ? Tt is we prepare at home then put in those thermal vacuum jar then bring out for baby to consume outsid

gerly:
can pass me the contact for pariss pls? I also wan! TQ! :p

iceblue:
not sure abt cereals leh. but i know for Happy Times cereal, it will turn watery after awhile upon mixing it with FM/BM. Then not so nice liao. at least to my bb lah.

iceblue, think better not leh cos milk will turn bad after sometime. i'll usually throw FM/BM away 1hr after preparation...

no probs Grace, hope those works for ur bb...

Grace:
try to give the gerber's prune puree to help his consitpation?
haiz, my one from lao sai to runny nose ytd. brought him to PD, say maybe viral infection. abit feverish too. but still v active (buay tahan). I seem more tired than him man..

Lonerunner,

The optional jab - pnuemococcal is now made compulsory by govt, maybe u shd consider that, Xavier has already taken 3 dosages of that since 2 mths old, I think its better to give leh keke I KS de

SY,

Britax and Safe n Sound is the same thing... Thats what the distributor told me, not very sure leh, mine is Safe n Sound Royale...

Popipi,

Thanks! Will check out the big NTUC outlets then! hehe

Ginn,

I paid $192 for the 6-pc Japan play yard, but I think price has dropped a fair bit since, you may check out the BP threads from Koreacraze... I think its good for bb to learn cruising and esp if bb is in an environment where u have no control over the cleanliness of that place (i.e. MIL place like mine) then I think its good to be able to confine bb to an area u are assured that its clean and good hehe... the quality of the play yard so so only, dont think the quality is value for money... but maybe I have high expectations bah, overall its useful... but I find the smaller size of the playmat works better with the play yard because the play yard needs to be on the floor for it to be stable...

Iceblue,

I think better not prepare the cereal in advance, later spoil then bb kena laosai how...?

bbwee,

Np, hope it helps, these websites are what I copy from the forum as well
happy.gif

hi mummies,
I have been so busy till no time to come into this thread. I fired my maid last week so now I am the maid...so tired.

My boy has been pooing about 5 times a day, especially after meals. I bought him to PD once before but after taking the medication, he was constipated. So I decided not to give him the medication. Then back to 5 times a day. I believe this is due to teething. Is there anything that I should do or feed him?

My boy loves his daddy so much that whenever he is around, he will not want me to carry him. Hehe I am fine with it as I get to rest then
happy.gif
but when daddy is not around, he sticks on to me. DJ, recently my boy loves shaking his head and laugh it off too. lonerunner, I also put my boy on my bed after his 6am feed. he will usually kick and beat daddy asking him to wake up. mummy is always the 2nd choice if he cant get daddy attention.

Morning mummies...

Wah...I was out all of ytd....so tiring and fun... hahaha....went to Mustafa with hb at 11pm lor....faint.... been such a long while since we did such kuku things liaoz!

I dunno if I missed out anyone ok....but here goes:

Ginn, ur bb also shake head ah...welcome to the shake head bb club! Last nite I went to see my Mer...still shaking her head and laughing like its very fun lor...haha...so funny la... somemore her head is not small... lol....

Girlma, you can get probiotics frm ur pd... I got mine from my PD and its called reutefene. Think I heard somewhere Guardian also sells...but am not so sure... standard is to give 5 drops a day in the morning or evening.... dependent on ur preference and the drops shd be kept cold.

Happy, ya...looks like we sama sama... hahaha....

Cat, i think because mer has never ever been on a jumperoo, nor watched tv... or gone on a walker.... she doesn't know wad she is missing? Haha....her day is usually spent doing things like cruising along furniture...crawling abit....standing and making noise.... shouting ma and pa.... singing to herself.... or just palying with anyone that comes along.... Mer is easy with ppl around her... so far, as long as any of us meaning myself, hb or my parents are around, she wun get stranger anxiety...but she is pretty super glue to me when she is home with me la.... so I pretty much cannot go anywhere out of her sight.... have to do everything in front of her lor...but its still enjoyable for me... since I get only weekday nites and weekends to let her play with me....

blueb, I wear dresses to work... in fact, I have a wardrobe full of dresses...which now erm unfortunately i can barely zip up...wahaha.... what I meant was the MCP environment in my office... if u happen to be female....u r most likely targetted to do some form of admin... which in my opinion pretty much sucks... I am not small woman myself, especially when at work, so I get pretty pissed off with such attitude... dunno quarrelled and showdown how many times with certain colleagues n bosses liao... I always stand up for women and personal rights!

SY: ya...actually I had a preview of SAHM life with Mer last month when my parents went to China for 2 weeks... I think I was near madness lor, before the first week was up....wahahaha.... partly also because I no longer was familiar with her routine, seeing that I work on weekdays and am no longer the main caregiver.... plus she is just so active!!!! Move and move and wiggle and squirm and shout and whine... lol...din help that her top teeth cut thru on that week too....

Grace: Haha... u can come see her.... we live v near your workplace...wahahaha....btw....for bb's constipation, steamed apples or papaya usually works wonders....so u see if u can give it a try....but if bb is coughing then lay off the apples....may aggravate cough...

okie mummies... think i replied everyone la hor...wahahaha...

Seems like all of u bz planning for 1yr old birthday leh...and I hvn even set up my Christmas tree lor! LOL... am going to go buzz ard with my housework le.... catch u girls later on my break!

ag gal,
hee.. same same. my son also pooed almost after every meals last few days. Range from watery to v soft. my hubby has become the "Pro Butt Washer" liao. i also suspect it's teething, until ytd he started to have runny nose and sneeze and abit feverish. I guess he caught some flu virus now.. PD say i can try to put him on Soy milk if he continues to lao sai.

Cat... oh ya... Mer was on soy milk too leh...when she LS.... she was taking the Isomil... actually she liked it more than her Enfa... LOL

AG gal....Sometimes my boy also poo like 5 times a day. Average is 3 times a day. Usually he poos in the morning when he wakes up, then a few more times through the day. Esp when he eats...got input the must have output too..haha
Haha...ur boy is a daddy's boy? I think my boy still prefer mummy...There was once me and hubby reached home together and when he saw us, he wanted me to carry instead of daddy! I was soo happy..hehe. Maybe u should teach ur boy the chinese nursery rhyme Elephant. =p

Catmomo...wow, ur hubby wash his butt ah! Think now my hubby cant rem how to wash butt and change diaper already... He only did when Raph was much younger.

DJmama...Oh, MCP env?! Luckily I have never been in one like tat! Which line were u in? IT/Engineering?

Iceblue...I think cereal better not prep in advance. For me, I will only bring porridge out in thermos flask. But before putting in, will heat up til it is boiling first then put into the flask.
If bringg cereal out, I will put his dry cereal in his lunch container, bring a bottle of BM out. When its time to eat, will ask a cup of hot water from wherever we are eating to heat up his milk. Then pour in. If I anticipate that its going to be sometime before he eat his cereal, I will put the milk in a cooler bag.
Oh, u know, the pasta... I tried again yest, it was ok, not sticky already. Think my maid cook too long or put too little water! But hor, in the end, it was too dry that my boy didnt like. Instead of pureeing veg like the first time, I went to steam chicken and carrots, then mash them. So in the end, everything quite dry and he only ate like half of it. I think next time must puree veg already.

Gerly26...Got ur message! Will call and let u know =) But hor, I not inviting so many pple leh...I told them 40pax, and they also never say must pay deposit. Nvm, will call and check.

Cereal
-------
Any mummies giving their bb Happy Bellies cereal? I got to know of this from my fren. It is more ex than Healthy Times, but has got DHA and probiotics. However, I dunno where to buy it from in spore!

blueb:
urm, isit Happy Bellies Organic Probiotics cereals? think many places sell it. it's in a small tin. Other forms e.g. jar food etc I'm not so sure :p
bought it from an organic shop in habourfront. NTUC I saw it at Thomson Plaza, Bukit Merah etc. Brown Rice paradise in Tanglin mall also sell it. Not as fragrant as HT, and it has got a strong cereal taste.

iceblue,

better not pre-prepare the cereal cause it will turn watery. i usually bring a flask of hot water and store the cereal in her munchkin bowl with snap on lids. when shes hungry, i just pour in hot water and feed.

ginn,

my baby also doesnt use walker nor play yard. she stands in her crib, and she stands on our bed using our bed frame. she cruises around the crib and up and down horizontally along our bedframe. on the playmat i put obstacles like pillows and blocks to let her stand and hold on to. maybe you can practice this with your baby: stack 2 pillows on the mat or bed, let her sit on the pillow (butt on pillow and feet on ground), let her grip on to your index fingers and u guide her to stand up from her sitted position. if at the initial part she doesnt pull herself to stand will holding on to you, you can start off by pulling her up. this is to let her practice supporting her weight with her legs. ive been doing this with naomi since 4 mths old.

blueb:
yes. ironically, my hubby noes how to wash butt(in the basin), i duno. cos i duno how to carry that wriggler. He can carry him with 1 arm and eat with the other arm, i cant too. Cos i carry my baby with right hand, but i also work with my right hand. I duno why. I realised most pple carry their bb with left hand and so that they can use their other hand to work. But i can't leh. my mum also find me funny.

sandy:
i envy ur determination and also very impressed with how u can always systematically teach & guide Naomi step by step. I find tat i m quite disorganised (and lazy) :p And also, your knowledge with child care... Must learn from u man!

Back