(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

Lonerunner: I'm sure ur bb will catchup as they develop in different ways. See, even f cas is a bit ahead on motor skills she still doesn't hve any teeth! Haha

Hi LemonT & SY,

Your got mail... =p Although we didn't get the chance to chat at all.. i hope soon we will know each other..

LemonT, Got many nick in forum that i would like to know is which mummies but i do not have chance to chat with all.. & i did ask grace which mummy is LemonT... hahahhah & happen that grace point to me & you are sitting in front of me... so funny.. hahha

Sandy: will look up shakeys when we head home on dec. I Only inquired in mcdo coz they hve packages as well 4 the kids.

lonerunner,

My baby also can't crawl or stand yet.. nvm.. give them sometimes... your girl so good girl.. sleep sweetly in the carrier.. =p

iceblue,
Wanna check out who is agnes from ur facebook.. i totally can't recall her face.. really bad memory.. sometimes i wonder my brain ok or not.. hahha

hi all,
awww so sad, wasnt able to join the gathering... Glad u all had fun!

iceblue, i've added u in my facebook... not sure if u know it's me actually haha

olivia, lonerunner, my gal also cant stand leh. She refuses to stand sometimes, she'll just bend her legs up... getting me worried.

hahahaa ... I really enjoyed watching the games from outside the room, esp the part in the fastest crawler ... bb deciding to head off in another direction or crawl very fast then sit just as abt to reach mummy :p

blueb/kris:
aiya I cant join u guys liao. My sister's customary this saturday! Maybe I jo other mummies go :p hehehehe ..

olivia:
wah u hadnt seen chi mun when she was cranky earlier in the day leh :p She dozed off after I brought her outside to take in the cooling wind. tats why I spent most of the time outside the room :p Thanks for sharing the bench with me! hehehee!
hey, do join us all for gatherings more often. Then soon you'll be able to match the nicks with our faces liao
happy.gif

Next time I'll make hb come along. Now that he has got someone whom he knows, I'd got good excuse why he shld come liao. :p

ginn/olivia:
hehee .. our bb are the slower to crawl/stand .. nvm .. soon they will catch up
happy.gif

mummies,
jus wanna share good news.. Irisa can stand without support for abt 10-15seconds, sometimes she stand to do 'twinkle twinkle' with both her hands.. she tried to take 1 step, for a few tries yday.. so hapi!!

Drypers - Size L
btw, any mummies using drypers - L size.. I bought it during promo and left 2 pkts, unopen. Irisa cant use drypers, keep havin the nappy rash.. think nt suitable.. =) PM me if u keen..
bought at 3 for $36.95, 2 pkts size L at $12.30x 2.

lonerunner,
You still on full BF? Saw ur bb drinking milk should be BM rite?
Yeah, next time ask ur hubby along then both hubby can chat not so boring.

Ginn,
Yeah, slowly they will catch up.. who knows they don't crawl & jump step to walk.. hahha..

Dbaby,
Congratulations! Your girl are super! well done =p

olivia:
partial BF now
happy.gif
But that day bb was drinking BM becos she had refused milk the previous day so I got lots of EBM left over. if dun drink, I'll have to throw liao so no choice lor. fussy bb. Usually I'll bring FM if bb is out.

dbaby:
way to go, Irisa!

btw munmies, do you find yourself being low on memory power? Like being forgetful? Isit normal for new mummies? I find that I kept forgetting things after delivering bb. Duno is this a temp thingy or perm to be like this liao leh ...

hello mummies..glad tat u guys enjoy the party so sian cant go... great organizers !!!

dbaby yeh ..every milestone makes us so thrill..its amzing hw they grow..

hello lonerunner hey dun throw yr ebm can do spa yrself...yes me too very forgetful think its hormones change n fatigue!!! think after we stop bf will b able have more sleep !!!

lonerunner: yes, i suffered the same symptoms.

but then, i managed to find out the root cause. after procrastinating for about 9 months, i finally went for my thyroid checkup and it was super disgusting result. the doc says i'm having serious hypothyroid and the result is tiredness, weight gain and forgetfulness.

if not treated, it will lead to early dementia.
scary! so now taking medication till the condition improve.
sad.gif

i was telling doc i was associating the tiredness and forgetfulness to having the baby and weight gain cos i stop breastfeeding. just had medication for few days, so still din see any improvement yet...

Hi Lonerunner and Grace,

I am oso veri forgetful after preg. That y my hb kept on saying one day I will 4get about him. haha....

OMG Grace... you better take care leh...I also kena hypo after birth... I found out when BB was about 5 months...by then I put on 17kg liaoz...
sad.gif

My condition only improved and stabilised recently. Just had my 6th blood test and thankfully results are normal liaoz...but the weight loss is taking a long time to happen, Thus far, I only dropped 3 kg. So its a LONG WAY to go. And I am still tired lor. My doc says it will take some time for my body to be back to normal, even though the results shows that I am fine now.

My gynae also advised me to take things easy and dun think about second bb until at least another 6 months so that my body can heal properly on its own time.

So you must take care and have your doc monitor your levels frequently until stabilised. Cuz not only dementia leh... if we are not careful we might get excessively high cholesterol levels that lead to strokes and heart attacks.

DJ: Good that yr condition has stablized.
I'm seeing my gynae next week, he still dont know abt my hypo yet. He referenced me to see another doc on the hypo thing. He still dont know abt my condition.
sad.gif

So now every morning have to rem to take pill.
sad.gif

thanks mummies ...! I hope that I can be like sandy soon! Else super short memory these days! But this also gives me a great excuse to use for forgetting things lah. :p hehehehe ...

gracechua:
maybe u might like to talk to ur gynae abt your condition when u see him next week? sees wat he says. no wonder u looked tired when we met on sat.

DJMama:
glad to hear that your condition stablised! now u got one less thing to worry
happy.gif

gerly26:
looking forward to stop breastfeeding when bb turns 1! At least can get more rest this way :p But maybe by the time comes, I will be in dilemma again .. duno if shld stop breastfeeding or not. hahahahaa!

AhZi:
hehehehe ... ur hb so cute! :p

catmomo:
me no car so not sure abt the car seat! :p

that's alot you can do....read story, play toys, watch tv...go to a park, playground, stroll around neighbourhood, go to the library, go for a swim. shopping together...take afternoon nap together...really a luxury to be together. I'm enjoying me every mintue with my bb esther.

lonerunner,
thanks. figured out eventually. goodness me, it's so dirty! luckily i decided to take it out for washing :p

snow baby:
I know what u mean. I also will run out of ideas. but like what fion say, just treasure and enjoy every minute u have with ur bb, or they will grow up before u know it!~

deedee:
the fisher price website is good. thanks for sharing.

snowbaby:
I'm on leave most of this week except Tue. Am definately enjoying every min of my time with bb. Even looking at her napping is enjoyable for me
happy.gif
*siao mum!*

Agree that BB had grown up too fast! I still remembered her as the tiny little bb that I had spent my time with during ML. Now her feet length has even exceeded the length of my finger! I have to keep reminding myself that bb will be turning 9mths old in just 5 days time!

Hi snow baby,
I plannin on the BB playground at Turf Club or City, cant rem the exact name. I bringing her nxt tues... Jus bk frm Taka for lunch n shoping.. Tiring..

snow_baby and lonerunner, then u must envy me, haha, cause holidays for me coming!! yeah! starting next week school holidays (but first two weeks still burn due to meetings). But I really admire you all, I can't be alone with Violet. I simply can't! cause I have no patience, and she is toooo attention seeking. If I take care of her myself, I can't even go toilet. so even if i am on holidays, i seldom take care of her but more of my elder son. bad mummy!!!!

actually going to the gathering last week really allowed me to bond with violet for that precious 2-3 hours.

Dbaby, wow, well done! your gal is fast!

Seeing u all talking about bringing baby to gym...wow, so onz! I was actually like that for my elder son, brought him here and there to trial this trial that, kindermusik, baby massage, baby gym, shichida watever. But now for Violet, poor girl, she is staying home most of the time...partly also because my son is still attending lessons, and if I bring him there, won't have time to bring violet elsewhere. But think i must try to involve violet more...
sad.gif

Ha! maybe i bring her to tumbletots near my home, they have gym too, i brought my son to trial before.

Lonerunner,

I am also more forgetful after delivery! haha I think our mind could be pretty much focus on our baby and that cause our brain power to deteriorate because we are too preoccupied with baby? haha

Deedee,

Thanks for the link, but i also cannot access ebuddy
sad.gif

Sigh... Xavier has not recover from his flu and cough yet, real geksim, just brought him to PD again yesterday... and now...... he seem to lost part of his gum meat, saw some blood trickling down and got a shock only to discover the redness on his gum, wonder how did that happen, very very geksim, have to bring him to the PD again tmr....
sad.gif

happy, can understand how you feel cos very recently my girl just recovered from UTI but still had rashes around her nappy area.Tks to the helpful mums in this forum, I felt encouraged in the midst of the very "geksim" period. I sincerely hope your boy recovers soon.

wow speaking of thyroid makes me wonder if i have it too. apart from bad memory, gain weight or lose weight fast, very easily tired, wat else to tell if one has it?

me been very busy with my kids at home. elder one got suspected of HFMD last wed but after 2 days of observation, he shows no other symptoms apart from vomitting n fever. so we rule out HFMD, but last monday, my little baby started feeling feverish and became very cranky. waking up at night every 20 min. i thot he is teething, and has watery stool. but the next day, rashes started appearing, and we brought him to PD and realise he got HFMD. we believe he must have gotten either from his elder brother or his elder brother brought the disease home. (his school has 6 cases of HFMD). anyway, really very tough taking care of him. his mouth has quite a few ulcers n hence he is refusing any solid food n milk. was very worried. so we decided to feed him cold milk and cold cereal and he started to consume better. today finally he is back to his old self, drinking warm milk n warm cereal.really thank God.

anyway good thing tat day i didnt go to gathering, or else if anyone of your baby kena it, i know my baby will be so guilty. phew...

hi pumpkinseed, ur items are ready..
tis are wat i haf come up with u.. hope u like them..bows are interchangeable for the headband, pending your address to send to... will email u as well.. sneak preview.. =)
3268828.jpg

snowbaby/dbaby/iceblue:
Got one playgym in Toa Payoh Safra.
happy.gif

http://www.safra.sg/tpclubhouse_facilities_detail.aspx?oid=87

Playgym at Old Turf Club:
http://www.fidgets.com.sg/

joannelim:
glad that things are settling down at home finally!

girlma:
hey good to hear tat ur bb is ok now
happy.gif
Rashes shld be off soon!

happy:
time to hack ur office's firewall for msn! :p
aiyo poor Xavier ... hope that he recovers soon!

kkf:
really glad to have u at the gathering! Finally we get to meet Violet! She's so adorable!

I really really ENVY YOU!!! Soooo good to have holidays!!!

my eldest sil told me for the #1 bb, she'll bring my niece everywhere for trial this trial that. Then come this #2, she said "aiya, nvm lah. No need to bring one." So I think that is usually the case for #2? :p

argh im lazy stil at hm.gna be vry late for wrk but vry happy today is FRIDAY! hp we al hav a great wkend!

thks lonerunner, will take a look

hee me intend to brg baby to huaxia @yishun for swmin class

morning mummies... so happy its Friday~

Happy, hope Xavier will be ok soon. Sound so scary to have bleeding gums... hope the PD willl be of good help!

Gilrma, good to know that your bb has recovered... its very heartbreaking whenever our bbs are sick... sigh... hopefully they keep getting stronger as they grow!

Mummies, just to drop a note... I know a few of you ladies were interested to get the Combi Newspaper during our last BP. We have a new BP up and are taking orders for that. The rocket balls that another mummy was interested in are OOS though.

Our BP is closing this Sunday, so do feel free to pop by to make your orders if you have any. No more sudden closure of the BP, we promoised! Hahaha...

Also, we are having a shoes promotion. The Combi Sandals are now selling for $29.55 a pair through our BP. Stocks and designs are limited, so its a first come first served basis. For this BP, we are throwing in FOC postage and free registered mail for purchases above $50.
happy.gif

So..... TGIF and Happy Shopping with us!!!

Here's the link:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3247608.html?1258676747

Hi Mummies,

Gd Morning, and TGIF!!

we'r going to the zoo tmr but depends on the weather. i want to ask mummies here. what's the diff b/w online and over the counter purchase? validity date? price diff? is there any promotion for zoo ticket going on now? i hav nvr been to the zoo for decades!

thks in advance.

Morning! Am stocking up on sleep today before the wedding tmw!

deedee:
Orr ... found. If you are hopping between birdpark, nite safari and zoo, then got discount. Otherwise book online and go there to buy ticket same price.
There is a zoo-Per Saver package for 1 adult 1 child (3to12yrs old) that covers entrance fee + boat ride + tram ride for $25 and $12.50 respectively.
If book online, visiting date must be > 48hr. Advance booking is available up to 2 months from now.
Tickets are valid 1mth from the intended visit date.

Check out more @ http://www.zoo.com.sg/visitor/rates.htm

Joannelim, yah, its always like that, elder one kerna, and younger one will get it too, violet has gotten flu and cough from her brother two to three times liao, and our whole family usually got it together. sianz.

lonerunner, haha, holidays is the only only thing i look forward to for teaching.

wow, deedee you bringing ur baby to zoo?? wow!
i am going night safari, but force to on 30th november, cause its my year end dinner, and its held there, dinner with animals.

happy, hope ur baby recovers soon.

happy, wat happen to xavier? Y gum sudly bleedin lei? As for cough weather is bad. My gal tt time also abt 2wks then recover. Takes time

Thanks all for the well wishes...

Girlma, glad to hear your baby has recovered and hope her nappy rash go away soon
happy.gif

Joanne, hope Joel gets well soon, poor him, HFMD is very very torturing, I kena twice before in my late 19/20, I know how terrible it feels...
sad.gif

Lonerunner, hehe, tried hacking all means and ways, still to no avail leh...

DJ, today the gums are no longer red and PD gave him a cream for his ulcer on the lips, somehow, he doesnt seem to be affected at all and can still eat, though slower than before, but this mummy here is almost dying of heartache!
sad.gif

Good luck for your new BP!
happy.gif

Iceblue, I also dunno what happened to him, just all of a sudden, he bleed... the thing is he did not fell, neither did he knock agst anything, only suspicions are he accidentally bit himself or sth like that
sad.gif

kkf....wow! yr end dinner with animals! Ur sch very cool!! We had our learning journey to zoo before, but that was day time. Still rem when we went to the "kitchen" of the inscets section, they showed us this huge green well-preserved grashopper in the fridge!

happy....I think he must have bite himself...haha..too greedy =p Dun worry, babies heal very fast!

deedee...thanks for sharing the fisherprice website! =) ebuddy I havent try yet. Will try soon =) Hope it can work!!

blueb,
I think he might have bitten himself when playing haha, not when feeding...

On a brighter note, i have finally book his 1st birthday cake! yippee!
happy.gif

Hi beautiful mummies,
i'm a SAHM who has a diploma in Early Childhood Education n has worked in childcares n infant cares for the past 5 yrs.. im now looking into bbsitting as i wanna spend more time w my son.. can email me at [email protected] for more details.. thank you! =D

Back