(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

Hi Mummies

I brought bb for check up today. Can your baby say simple word like mama dada? oh no, my bb cant and the doctor checked that she has no twisted tongue. So serious meh? And can start feeding egg yolk in preparation for the next jab. keke

wow, some of ya are preparing bb 1st bdae party lor. hmmm, i am sourcing for a place too....but guess i will make it a small event. Maybe for 30 pax plus.

SY,

what does it mean by no twisted tongue?? Naomi can say several words..her favorite is hi when she wave. she calls her daddy dada when she sees him but calls me mama only when she wants to sleep, and eat. i also started naomi on eggs when she was 8 mths to prepare for her 9 mths measles jab.

Hi Sandy

can check why u start naomi on eggs to prepare her measles jab? confused liao??
recently 2 of my frens toddlers kana false measles..dinno got such thing..then how to detect real measles? so i guez jab is quite impt?

btw, wld like to check how long can we keep bb medication?

hi popipi,

the measles vaccine is cultivated using eggs thats why my pd wanted to ensure that naomi doesnt have egg allergies before giving the vaccine. if theres egg allergy, has to go for further tests before the jab. thank god no allergies and naomi took her measles jab 2 weeks ago with no reactions.

sandy

oic..thks for explaining.

btw, wld like to check how long can we keep bb medication? i din refrigerate it but keep in dry place. was given fever and flu medicine when he 3mths old..so wondering still ok to give keke..

popipi, medications have to be stored in low temp areas so im not sure if the dry place that u kept ur medications is cool enough. The bottle might indicate expiry dates n if u shd ref it. If ever, just to be on the safe side, dont give to baby.

popipi,

i think u shd read the instructions indicated on the box, some would say require refrigeration, some would say discard one month after opening. However, in your case, if the medication says store in cool dry places, then PD would recommend to throw after opening for 6months even though the medicine has not expired yet. I believe your baby must be at least 9mths old now, so I think its time to throw... keke

Hi DBaby, thanks for posting the pic of the clips! I don't remember ordering a headband but thanks haha

Please note if visiting Fidgets at Turf City for the first time:
Either bring someone who has been there before or get very specific instructions on how to get ehere, bring their phone number along. It's really hard to locate!! And especially hard to get up there if you are bringing your stroller. There is only 1 way up there. All my friends got so pissed off trying to get there we didn't enjoy it much. But the gym itself is pretty cool

Trying to juggle the new job, everyone being away for the next week, leaving me to take care of baby alone plus other random things so quite behind on things. I will reply to your e-mails or text messages as soon as I can.

Have a lovely sunday!

Siying,
i took the photos from sean lau. u better make appmt with them soon. the waiting time is abt 1 month to get a date for the photo shot. after that, it took abt 3 wks to look at the photos, and 6 weeks for the actual printed photo. i bought all the photos, as its really diff to select 6 out of 150 photos taken. l

Hi pumpkinseed
I can chng to other clips to replace the headband if u wan.. Cos i saw ur gal with little hair, thus making a interchangeable bow for u.. In future can chng bows for the headbands.. Let me knw..

BabyOx

Thanks for your advice.I was thinking of bringing her in dec. Oh no! I better call tomorrow!!! I hope to get the photos before her bdae wor.

SY
mine also cannot...the most is stern "whoo"...when he is trying to gain someone's attention.
Oh so must be concerned already??
aiya. chiam too.

olively

mine also whoo whoo like an ah ma...im not sure whether to be concern anot...cos i went for bb development check up and the nurse refer bb to the doctor..made me worried..so tot of checking with the rest of mummies..haiz...i was telling her while waiting to see doc to say mama quickly..ahahah..say mama then dun need see doc liao...haha...

btw, who can recommend good car seats ah? tot of buying 2nd hand from other forum mummies...budget budget! Heard Britax not bad rite..guess i need to research liao!

morning mummies!

Today is my first day as SAHM~ LOL....but my baby is with my mum.... hahaha.... going to my mum's place to staay from tml until fri when i join hb to go vietnam....
happy.gif

think all our bbs are doing funny stuff now.... mine started to shake her head for nothing ytd... haha.... she will stand along the playpen or cot and shake her head and laugh.... then she will roll on the bed and shake her head.... roll n shake, roll n shake... so funny and scary.... hb and i tot she was high on ecstasy or something lor... LOL.... asked my mum to watch her head shaking today n lemme know if she thinks its of any concern....

SY, I am using Britax.... its a very good carseat... my girl almost always sleeps in the car seat....and its very roomy and comfy too.... seeing that Mer is pretty big sized for a baby girl... i think the Britax will be more than roomy for many girl babies here... hehe....

But if you are ever looking at getting a Combi car seat.... can come to me or Saro....since we are selling Combi... hahahaha.... we work out a good deal for you! :p

On eggs.... just brought Mer to the PD on sat for her second dose of prevenar... he said no eggs till 1 yr old leh... so I cannot gv any yet....I also asked abt how to prevent bow-leg in our bbs when they grow... he said to not use walkers, or make our bbs stand or walk too much.... early stress on their legs could lead to them having bow leg later on... and if we really want to let our bbs practice walking...can use the push walker instead... just for mummies here fyi...
happy.gif

my boy lao sai a few times and then have very soft stools on fri and sat. He pooed almost after every meal for tat 2 days. Stopped since ytd afternoon. Biting profusely, drools alot. Still eating & drinking well, though drinks 1 oz less than usual. Acitve, and happy most of time. ytd night suddenly cried so hard and pitifully half way thru sleep and cant be settled until I put some teething gel and much coaxing and hugging.
I m not sure if these are teething woes? anyone share the same?

SY,

My baby cannot say mama dada either! haha! i asked PD before, he says each bb grow at diff pace and will have diff milestone achieved at diff stage, so its ok... ;)
I agree with DJ, Britax Royale is very good, but now my boy always fuss after sitting in there for 5min at most, he wants to be carried! faints...

DJ,

WOW, SAHM liao, congrats haha.... I think need to give egg for the measles jab leh... 9mths intro egg yolk, 1y intro egg white... Merisse so cute!!! ecstasy haha

Catmomo,
sounds like teething to me...

Mummies, I am so happy, on leave for 2 weeks, can really spend quality time with my boy haha!!!
happy.gif

SY,

I forgot to add, he used to be able to sleep in his car seat almost always last time without fussing much, and we always call this chair his magical sleeping bag, but now... haha!

Cat... when Mer was first teething...she had LS for almost 6 weeks. I think i about went crazy during that time. Think you try to let Caleb chew on some chilled teethers and use cold dentinox that's been chilled in fridge. And see if u can let him take some apples so regulate the stool consistency... I also gave Mer probiotics to strengthen her tummy immunity. We also went PD twice and keep hydrating her...and of course apply loads of desitin and wash her bum under running water instead of wiping with cotton n wipes....

Happy... yes... finally.... can rest my beat up body abit....then start to look for new job... you also shiok mah...2 weeks leave leh... now can really be happy! Hahaha....

Catmomo,
tat sounds like teething to me too ...

happy:
enjoy your 2 weeks of leave!
happy.gif

my 1 week leave ends tmw. restart work tmw
sad.gif

But it was a good leave. Managed to let bb get started on avent teat #3, eat organic puff and those bottled puree mixtures like peach, banana, rice, apple, veg. She didnt wan to eat those puree stuff previously because we gave too much. She will eat her cereals with just a hint of the puree but nothing more than that. She also prefers sinking her gums to something with textures or on hard stuff like sliced apple. Now I get her preference.

Mission accomplished
happy.gif

DJmama:
u also shiok leh! SAHM!!!!! ENVYYYY!!!!

Hi DJ mama,

Dun worry, my boi like to shake his since he was around 7mth plus, now he is 10mths plus liao. it is just his way of playing. my boi oso like to tube his head to either side to play wit people.hehe...

Catmomo,
he should teething...

happy,

Is xavier facing the back in the car seat? N wats the degree of inclination? Naomi also started to refuse going into the car seat since 8mths. She would arch her back n stand whenever i want to put her in. It became a chore to place her in whenever we take the car. Just last week i decided to remove her mirror, turn her seat around to face front and incline her seat to sitting mode n viola, shes happy in her seat and no more fuss. I reckoned that its the onset of object permanence and separation anxiety, and their inquisitivity that causes them to refuse going into the seat. Now when she faces out, she can see me and shes sitted upright so she enjoys looking around. Before when shes facing rear, she only sees me from the mirror. Although the recommendee age to face front is 1yo, i think i rather face her front 2 mths earlier than having her stress me with her protests.

Fidgets
--------
To help mummies going there for first time, u can see if this helps..

Where?
Fidgets is located at Turf City, #04-05.

How to get there?
It is above Giants. U first need to walk through Giants to get to the check-out counters where the cashiers are. Exit the building from there, then go into the building again using the entrance above Giant. Then u will see an escalator, go up u will see Fidgets.
If you are driving, follow the signs and drive all the way to the Giants carpark. Then go into the building from there.

As P.seed say, its not very stroller frenly, the escalator is those narrow ones, so hard to bring stroller up. I dun rem seeing any lifts too.

I brought my boy there twice so far. He enjoys playing there. However, sometimes can be abit dirty. The second time we were there, one bb vomitted some milk/water and the mummy just left it there, didnt bother to clean up!

thanks mummy, for your feedback.
ok, shall monitor.
his first teething doesnt have so much woes.... My mum realised his "drumsticks" lost weight and feel soft after last 2 days. So fast and obvious for babies when they turn a little unwell.. poor thing..

First Yr Old Party
------------------
Gerly26: I have just booked Pariss as well! =) Doing the high tea too...hehe. The lady told me they will help to deco the place with balloons without extra charge. Think nearer the date I will call again to check on the table layout and deco.

Have also booked cake from http://pinkgingerbynee.blogspot.com/ Her cakes look jus as nice, but cheaper than aimummy.

Sandy.... My boy is refusing car seat too! So I dread taking him out. Its not like I am driving and he is alone behind. I am with him behind and my hubby driving, yet he still makes noise! So sometimes he can be pacified when given toys or puffs to eat, but sometimes he just wants to get out and explore the car. We are thinking if we want to turn the carseat around. Recommendation is after 9kg, he is only 8kg now, so we still deciding...

Oral Thrush
-----------
This is the 4th time my boy got oral thrush within 1 month. Soooo upset! We have changed all his teats, sterilize teethers, sterlize bottles everyday, mop the floor+ wash clothes with dettol. SIGH...I think this time is I spread to him. Previously, I didnt know I am suppose to apply cream on my nipple too (I am still BF him), and prob I didnt heal, so it got passed back to him. OR, he got it from ebm that I pumped and freeze during the thrush period. I just read that it is not recommended to give ebm pumped and frozen during thrush, though no research has been done on it so far to confirm. So sad, I cant bear to throw awawy my 20+ packs of milk!! It will be like 3litres down the drain =((

Any mummies encountered this before that can help?

Ah Zi... really ah...so funny hor... hahaha... I just called my parents... my dad said she was shaking abit this morning ... then now no more... haha....this girl... haha....make me laugh all the time!

Sandy, my dad let ah mer face front since she was abt 4 months... maybe cuz she is bigger sized, so he felt it was ok... so far no protests.... altho sometimes halfway thru the drive she will strain herself against the seatbelt and whine or make this angry cat sound like she wants to scratch someone.... haha....then i just give her something to play with... usually an unopened packet of kleenex does the trick.... dunno wads the thrill in the tissue paper but she is always delighted to hv one in her hand to squeeze n do other what-nots to...

Cat... no worries... shd be ok soon de!
happy.gif

Lonerunner, I got LOADS of housework waiting for me ah... and the Christmas tree to set-up, the new wardrobe cum bookcase to assemble for Mer.... the new coffee table to replace the one we currently have which is quite dangerous for Mer... and I am going to have to shop for a stand alone kitchen cabinet to store all of Mer's utensils, bottles, boxes of cereals etc etc.... so much to do and spend and upkeep!

DJmama....wow, enjoy ur 2 weeks at home! =)

Catmomo....oh dear, u mus give him lots of water to make sure he is not dehydrated from the diarrhea. Ya, my fren was saying that they may show diff symptoms during diff stages of teething.

DJmama...oops, sorry! haha...u officially SAHM already ah! Wow! congrats! =) u r free from office politics, lunch hour, rush-hour traffic, etc ..for good! =)

Happy...How is ur boy? His gums healed already? So u booked his birthday cake already ah, from aimummy?
u on 2 weeks leave ah..great! Enjoy!=)

I am now having my sch hols too...hehe...though still need to go sch like 2-3 times more, but am already in holiday mood at home! =)

blueb... YES... no more.... no longer need to see or hear ppl sucking up to management... no longer need to watch my back for small ppl.... no longer need to worry I will kena arrow for admin stuff just because I wear dress to work... no longer ALOT of things.... even the pain in my shoulder has disappeared!

Blueb, haha, yeah its me, 2 weeks leave
happy.gif
Hope your boy gets better soon!

Lonerunner, poor u, but anyway u had one week with her already, also not too bad ;) and the best part is you have accomplished so much in one week! u ought to give yourself a pat on your back
happy.gif

For me, I guess my only accomplishment is bb is now like a superglue to me, when he sees me, he whines and wants me to carry him like a koala bear hehe
happy.gif

Sandy, I think you are right, because he is still rear facing, due to the supposedly safety regulation, I have not switch him to front facing yet, hmmmmm, maybe i shd do that too...

DJ, yes a packet of unopened Kleenex does the trick, but end up the car become super messy, because Xavier will tear open the packet and dig out all the tissue and start tearing them into small pieces all over the car! lol I always tell him u need to vacuum the car for daddy liao haha

blueb,

if you are at the back with him, i think it is ok to turn in face front. In my opinion, the stress from all the fussing can be added to the driver and i rather have a stress free driving so i can focus, rather than being stressed and get into an accident.

Happy....wah... I always watch Mer in case she tear it open leh... once open i remove and give her new packet... lol... otherwise so messy...then her movements are fast...later she eat the tissue i will faint...

Blueb,

Thanks for remembering hehe, yes his gums ok now, still got a little ulcer on his lips though, and we are applying the gel that PD gave him for the ulcer... And yes, I booked aimummy haha, couldnt resist the temptations after a long long struggle.... many were discouraging me for Xavier will not know how to appreciate his cake at 1yo, but I am thinking long term haha, I will take pictures and show him his bday cake, I will tell him this is what mummy wanted for you for your 1st bday cake... despite many violent objections on how crazy your mummy is to spend a good amt on your cake =P

DJ,

haha... I watch him closely too, but he tears open one packet in less than a min, so if its a long ride, I need to give him 30 packets liao haha... he wants to put the torn pieces into his mouth too, but I will quickly grab it off him! :p

blueb: its fine de. +/- my gal was arnd 8plus wen i change her car seat , recmd 9mths. no wries jus let him sit facing front bah

same my gal also no sit long de. put her inside only last short distance then she make noise want to get out. cos she dun lik hav the belt over her, n she prefers to jump arnd in car. im suffering internal injuries! haha frm al her jumping pulling hitting kickin in car or at hm. keke i even wen to doc cos chest pain cos hav sm health prob fearing act up.. but heng was fine jus sm muscle problem.
smtimes i tel my hubby i wish to be the one driving let him hav a taste of his daughters act, wen she gets out of hand

Sandy,

I agree with you, its really stressful because baby likes to come out of the car seat so that he can jump and jump in the car! I am so worried that he will bang his head agst the ceiling of the car, maybe we shd consider changing to a van with higher ceiling haha...

whao so many mummies on leave sia . shiok.
me tdy urgent leave too tired liao .. but nt acmpnyg baby jus resting n wanna do hsewrk, wrap up xmas gifts tidy hse...

Wah....seems like all of u hv jumping bbs! Mer just likes to kick n pull...so I think I am lucky bah?

Happy...Xavier is fast loh...if Mer does dat, then no more tissues at all liao....wahaha....evil mummy me... already I get 'suan" by my relatives for banning TV and walkers.... they think I am trying to be smart loh.... sigh.... just want to make sure Mer grows up ok mah.... then they say I deprive Mer of happy babyhood... faint...last time kampong days also no walkers or tv wad...sheesh...

Hi DJ mama,

haha, reali... my boi boi alot of funny pattern, smetime like to stuck out his tongue, then my mum will say 'hello u r not a dog, is so ugly' haha... he is those type of bb like to smile and laugh, if a stranger dun notice him, he will kept on smiling to him and make sure they smile back to him. in mrt, he like to hold on to the pole and pulling people bags and clothes. aiyo, hand hand mani mani. headache..... all these actions reali make us laugh....but in car we will make sure he sit still and dun move, mi and my hb always tell him u r on the road, is dangerous to move here and thr since he is small tat time and i will tel him daddy is driving and nt to be distract, so he know when he travelling in car, he can't move.

Wahaha...Ah Zi... sounds like my Mer too.... so many times she has done funny stuff on public transport too.... there was once she even forcefully took one of the nice old lady's EZ-Link card... I was so paiseh then also cannot help but laugh...ahaha....somemore she looked so serious leh when she took the card.... just held onto the card and kept pulling it out of the lady's hand... LOL

hello blueb great hear from u, btw pls look for the manager hope they give you nett price plus foc 1kg cake n other freebies...w u wan go down take a look i wan ask for 1for1 jug beer n foc voucher which my cousin got it...we refer many biz.. thks for the cake info i will email her tonight... so stress over bb party btw is the date...

hello mummies thks for the contact of cheong choon wow.. their stuff really cheap for big items i save $200 on getting a stroller from them n foc delivery me so happy!!!

also many thanks for baby yoplaint yoghurt my gal loves it..but i find very sour..maybe too used to those regular sweet stuff..

djmama thks for info on bow legs..im also worried tat bb will kena she loves to stand n nw learning to walk..

so happy bb call mama first than papa...yeh!!!

hello blueb great to koe tat we choose same place n hassle free btw did they quote u nett price i hope n free cake when is the party?? thks for the info on the cake will email her tonight

DJMama,
how do U "Survived" w/o walker and TV? If I dun have these 2, me and my mum will "Die" from carrying him and following after his back all day leh...
sad.gif
very tiring! And he is starting to reject the walker, will cry and refuse to sit in walker already... cham... no other ways to confine him liao... he dun like the playpen either...
sad.gif
sad.gif
I m feeling really tired these few days.. even now at work.. gimme my bed please..

Hi DJ mama, could you please kindly share more information about giving Probiotics for baby. My girl had a few episode of infection since birth so think i need to boost her immunity system.Tks so much.

Sandy, is it a different practice that baby gets the measles jab at 9mths?Tks

Back