(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

SY
same here! Don't know why are they drooling. With regards to sucking their hands, I think they start to realise that they have limbs!

Btw, when they said getting baby into routine, does it mean doing fixed activities at a fixed time? Or just doing one activities after next?

SY,

ya, my baby has been sucking her hands/fist between 4-6 weeks. its normal to drool because their salivary glands are maturing and are producing more saliva that they can swallow.

the simz,

my baby has a routine but not a very strict and stringent one. for instance, she usually bathes in the early afternoon between 12 and 2, so anytime between this 2 hours she will take a bath. then i will try and feed her (if she wants) if not she will nap. sometimes shes active in the day, so i will have some playtime and tummytime with her but if shes not in the mood, she will just sleep. her sleep time also got pushed back. noawadays shes still wide awake between 8 to 10 (she used to get her sponge at 9.30) she'll be up and playful again, then i will play with her. babies learn better when they are in a happy and "interested" mood so if we have a fix and stringent routine for them for play activities, they might not be in the right mood at that scheduled time to enjoy and learn. my routine also gets affected when we have outings. if the baby is used to a fixed schedule at home, they might be cranky if anything is altered. so i try to have at least some routine but also flexible for changes. its also "healthier" for me because i wont be sticking to a clockwork and be stress when that particular event/activity doesnt occur at the time it should occur. hope this helps.

Hi sandy
Thank you so much!! It really enlighten me. So many different sch of thoughts and mil was asking why I don't have a fixed time for bb's activities. If I am persistent with the time I will be facing a very cranky bb and ended up a stress mummy. Glad that I am on the right track!

Please refer to this link for the menu: http://www.westernchow.com/html/main/westernchowmenu.html

Choices:

1) Chicken Chop with mushroom sauce
- Priviledge
- I Ching
- Grace Chua
- Qingsiew
- Lonerunner
- Mudpie
- x1a0q1an (MrsLim)x 2
- Whitegalz

2) Chicken Chop with Black Pepper Sauce
- Spicegal
- Sandy
- SY
- Yaer
- DK mama
- Saro

Gathering (Attendance as of 10th Apr 2009)
===========================================

Gathering @ fatjo's place (sengkang) on May 1, 11am to 3pm.

Lunch Options
- Western Chow
- NeoGarden catering
- 4 seasons catering

Confirm attendees:
1.Fatjo - prince mathhew john
2.Sandy - princess naomi rachael (western chow)
3.Saro queenie - prince joel (Western Chow)
4.Snow_bb - prince josen
5.whitegalz - princess kylene (western chow)
6.babyox - princess alicia
7.lonerunner - princess Chi Mun (western chow)
8. kkf - princess violet
9. BBYang - prince
10. spicegal - princess jerilyn (western chow)
11. princessdella - princess renee
12. Popkorn2009(SY) -princess sarah (western chow)
13. Mrs Lim xiaoqian - prince noel
14. LeMonT - princess breana
15. Priviledged - prince gabriel (western chow)
16. GraceChua - prince han (western chow)
17. Qingsiew (kris)-princess shyann (western chow)
18. JoanneLim - prince joel
19. mudpie - princess chloe (western chow)
20. mama2209
21. I'Ching - Prince Craig (western chow)
22. Yaer - princess hayden (western chow)
23. Ag_gal
24. liting - Prince ChengJun
25. Piglet - Princess Kejanko
26. eeyore_poh - Princess Esther
27. DK mama - (western chow)

Suggestions:

- To do colorful stick on nick tags for ourselves & babies ( Qingsiew will bring readycut paper for nametag)
- Baby swimming time
- No hubby!
- baby's attire - rompers

CarPool

From CCK - LemonT ( Qingsiew)
From Sembawang - Whitegalz
From Simei - GraceChua

Share Cab from West - Joannelim
Share Cab from Clementi - I'Ching

Drinks
--------
I think we just collect $1 per pax per can/pack of drink so that easier to consolidate ?
If 2 drinks then just pay $2 ??

LemonT, no worries. We will finalise and let u know the final orders , can co-ordinate together
happy.gif

hi all, any one knows where can i buy good and cheap bags to store BM? my gal is drinking lesser compared to 2wks ago...hmm... so think i'd better store BM in freezer.

Any of ur bb drinking lesser? She drank abt 150ml 2wks ago and now 120ml every 3hrly. wondering why decrease....

Ginn:

I have a box of Medela BM storage bags (50 bags inside) that I'd like to sell. It's retailing over $40 but I'm letting it go for $30 if you're interested. PM me.

ginn,
my bb also suddenly drinking lesser... was drinking 120mls now taking only 90mls... but last feed she can still finish 120, previously taking 150mls for last feed...happened after she took her 6in1...

my bb drinking also chaotic now.

used to drink 120, then ask for more. now i prepare more (ard 150), then he drinks 100.
sad.gif

used to drink 3 hrly, now inconsistently liao. make me confused.

Hi Mommies, i think we settle for Western Chow since all mommies who opted chose Western Chow. Just decide between Chicken Chop Mushroom Sauce or Black Pepper Sauce, those who want more than 1 portion eg. for maid pls indicate x2 .

For drinks, whitegalz and Sandy will be buying so we contribute about $1 per pax. Will be getting packet drinks. Each pax about 2 packs.

Alternatively, if we have say 25 pax, we buy $25 worth of drinks then each mommy can take 2-3 drinks...
happy.gif

Please refer to this link for the menu: http://www.westernchow.com/html/main/westernchowmenu.html

Choices:

- Priviledge
- I Ching
- Grace Chua
- Qingsiew
- Lonerunner
- Mudpie
- x1a0q1an (MrsLim)x 2
- Whitegalz

- Spicegal
- Sandy
- SY
- Yaer
- DK mama
- Saro
- Ag Gal

Gathering (Attendance as of 14th Apr 2009)

Lunch Options
- Western Chow
- NeoGarden catering
- 4 seasons catering

Confirm attendees:
1.Fatjo - prince mathhew john
4.Snow_bb - prince josen
8. kkf - princess violet
9. BBYang - prince
20. mama2209
23. Ag_gal - Prince Jovan (Western Chow)

Suggestions:

- To do colorful stick on nick tags for ourselves & babies ( Qingsiew will bring readycut paper for nametag)
- Baby swimming time
- No hubby!

CarPool

From Simei - GraceChua

Hi,

My Choices:

- Priviledge
- I Ching
- Grace Chua
- Qingsiew
- Lonerunner
- Mudpie
- x1a0q1an (MrsLim)x 2
- Whitegalz

- Spicegal
- Sandy
- SY
- Yaer
- DK mama
- Saro
- Ag Gal
- BBYang

hi mummies, sorry to interupt...i have an unopen bnib BABYBJÖRN Baby Sitter 1-2-3 with the bjorn wooden toy (Gingham Black Colour) going at $190 only (retailing at stores at $228). BABYBJÖRN Baby Sitter 1-2-3 transforms your child’s smallest movements into a soothing, rocking motion, keeps your child happy and – first and foremost – allows him/her to be a part of things. BABYBJÖRN Baby Sitter 1-2-3 is easy to fold and take with you, wherever you go, and has three positions: play, rest and sleep. Anti-skid pads, front and back, keep it in place while preventing damage to the floor. When the child is big enough to climb in and out of the Baby sitter, the restraint system and toys can be removed.

The soft, comfortable cloth cover is both detachable and reversible, making it easy for you to change the color of your Baby Sitter. Suitable for children weighing between 3.5/8 and 13 kgs/28 lbs, age 0 to 24 months.

BABYBJÖRN Baby Sitter 1-2-3 is approved in accordance with the Oeko-Tex Standard 100, class 1. The material is machine-washable.

Awards
Best in Test, Vi Föräldrar,
2003, Sweden

Product Competition Winner, "B! Come Bambino Design",
2002, Italy

Best Buy Award, Practical Parenting,
2004, UK

Le Trophé Coup de Coeur, salon génération bébé
2003, FR

The BABYBJÖRN Wooden Toy for Babysitter is a toy for little ones who love to play. Spinning, brightly coloured figures enhance your child’s play experience when sitting in the Babysitter.The cheerful spinning shapes attract your child’s attention and help stimulate development through play.
The toy bar is easily attached to the Babysitter and sits firmly in place. The BABYBJÖRN Wooden Toy for Babysitter complies with the EN:71 1 & 3 toy standard and contains no banned substances. So your child can chew on it to their heart’s content!

pls let me know if keen. cheers!

BP for baby bjorn original / air carrier - Cheaper by 40% compared to Spore prices!

BP for desitin creamy 4oz, ready stock selling cheap.

BP for lansinoh milk bags - Shipment on the way already

BP for Capella strollers

BP for medela PIS advanced / freestyle US import

SY: my gal is drooling n playin wif her saliva, makeing into bubble lik tt. n she's been 'eating' her own thumbs fingers since abt 2 wks ago.. smelly mittens liao keeke!

Hi mummies
Would like to check with those mums who do total bfing. Does your bb sleep through at nite already?
Mine after 12 am, will wake up every two hrs to latch. Is it normal or bad habit? I m sooooo tired. He is already 7 week old.

DJ, Grace... hmm strange that they're drinking lesser. Now i'm worried abt my excess EBM. Still manage to clear them within 48hrs, now i'm placing the top most part of the fridge, read some say can keep refrigerator for 5-7days???! But most say 48hrs?? confused also.

** DRINKS**

mommies, any preference for drinks? or like what saro mentioned, packet drinks for every one (e.g. yeos?) do u all want any tidbits or snacks or cakes??

Hi Mommies, i think we settle for Western Chow since all mommies who opted chose Western Chow. Just decide between Chicken Chop Mushroom Sauce or Black Pepper Sauce, those who want more than 1 portion eg. for maid pls indicate x2 .

For drinks, whitegalz and Sandy will be buying so we contribute about $1 per pax. Will be getting packet drinks. Each pax about 2 packs.

Alternatively, if we have say 25 pax, we buy $25 worth of drinks then each mommy can take 2-3 drinks... :)

Choices:

- Priviledge
- I Ching
- Grace Chua
- Qingsiew
- Lonerunner
- Mudpie
- x1a0q1an (MrsLim)x 2
- Whitegalz

- Spicegal
- Sandy
- SY
- Yaer
- DK mama
- Saro
- Ag Gal

3) Fish and Chips:
- fatjo

Confirm attendees:
1.Fatjo - prince mathhew john (western chow)
4.Snow_bb - prince josen
8. kkf - princess violet
9. BBYang - prince
20. mama2209

Suggestions:

- Baby swimming time
- No hubby!

CarPool

From Simei - GraceChua

Hi cin... i m doing TBF too. my boy is now 8weeks, he now wakes up every 2-3hrs to drink at nite. i tink need to slowly increase interval to 3-4hrs. I will try to carry him to sleep, if not give pacifier, if really want then latch.
What abt day time? What is ur baby's interval?

Sorry, PM was not on just now - Its now on...

BP for baby bjorn original / air carrier - Cheaper by 40% compared to Spore prices!

BP for desitin creamy 4oz, ready stock selling cheap.

BP for lansinoh milk bags - Shipment on the way already

BP for Capella strollers

BP for medela PIS advanced / freestyle US import

Hi ginn,

For storage in the fridge (nt door side) is only up to 48hrs. If u are worried that excess milk could not be cleared u might wanna consider to store some in freezer.

When required bring it down to the normal fridge compartment area for thawing.But not sure if yr baby could differentiate a freezed up milk and milk stored at the fridge compartment.

Hi iceblue,

my boy now 8wks plus also make the bubbles thingy and have saliva drool also but nt alot la... but i think u shld nt let yr gal wear mittens anymore their hand shld be free to move ard and exploration time le wor

Hi cin,

U will be dead tired to do total latch on at night,would suggest that u could express it out so that at night let yr baby drink from the bottle.

U would need alot of rest one wor..

hi cin,

im doing total bfeeding and total latching. my baby now sleeps 5 to 6 hours straight through the night without waking up for feed since week 8. shes now 9.5 weeks old. day time interval is still 1.5hrs..sometimes 2 or 3 hrs.

Hi Mummies,

just brought my gal for a swim last sat... she seem to like it very much... mummies here can give it a try...
2351013.jpg

Thanks mummies for advice
I thk my bb has got nipple confusion too. Recently intro bottle. So when I latch him, the milk keep drooling out from his mouth. Also in the process, he sucks in air n got colicky.
Wah!! I can spend one hr each time feeding n burping him when he is up. I only clock 5 hrs of interrupted slp per nite.
Day time I feed on demand. Just hope this is a phase.

Hi Yaer,

Haha so cute arh with the little duckie on her head,naughty mummy teasing yr daughter arh..

Hi catmomo,

u still letting yr boy wearing mittens,shld take it off lo.it is time to let them explore the fingers leh.. hehe

Hi Sandy,

Wa envy u leh ,yr girl sleep thru out.my boy smetime slp for 5hrs plus too but sometime his feeding schedule will meet the wee hours feeding once.cos sometime his last feed is 11pm then prob 4 hrs or max 5hrs he will be up to drink..oh well this is better than nothing that he is sticking on to 4hrs feed interval.me lazy to do total latch on so i rather pump it out then at least i knw how much he is drinking..

My choice below. Thank you.

Choices:

- Priviledge
- I Ching
- Grace Chua
- Qingsiew
- Lonerunner
- Mudpie
- x1a0q1an (MrsLim)x 2
- Whitegalz

- Spicegal
- Sandy
- SY
- Yaer
- DK mama
- Saro
- Ag Gal

3) Fish and Chips:
- fatjo

4) Hainanese Curry Chicken Cutlet
- babyox

Lili,

haiz.... not I dun want. Duno why my boy no sense of security. He cry very loud and become very very frightened when i take it out. Esp at bath...... that's the last thing to take out and i have to rush him to dry him and put on new mittens to calm him down. Everyday bath time is a struggle.
When i try to take out when he's "playing" and in "good mood", he also will turn frightened and end up crying...
sad.gif

I m trying to do it slowly...

catmomo,
ur bathtub deep enough for ur boy ah? my house oso got bathtub but not deep enough for my gal leh... so i never use the bathtub... instead i bought the whole set with the pool... but haven let my gal use it yet... u let ur boy swim for how long and how many times per week?

lili,
haha... the duck is the person in the shop put one... i tink very funny so take a shot loh...

my gal oso started to drool now... last sat when she was swimming... below the float is a pool of water... on top the float is a pool of saliva... haha...

catmomo,

maybe try 1 hand at a time. when he is frighten or got startled, did u try holding his hand? when my bb gets startled, i will quickly hold her hand and let her grab on to my fingers. i will also put 1 hand on her chest to sooth her. maybe u can try that and even if he gets startled when u remove, dont put it back so quickly. have to let him learn the association of comfort from you plus no mittens. hopefully over a few tries, he'll be able to associate.

** DRINKS**

mommies, any preference for drinks? or like what saro mentioned, packet drinks for every one (e.g. yeos?) do u all want any tidbits or snacks or cakes??

Alternatively, if we have say 25 pax, we buy $25 worth of drinks then each mommy can take 2-3 drinks... :)

Choices:

- Priviledge
- I Ching
- Grace Chua
- Qingsiew
- Lonerunner
- Mudpie
- x1a0q1an (MrsLim)x 2
- Whitegalz

- Spicegal
- Sandy
- SY
- Yaer
- DK mama
- Saro
- Ag Gal
- bb_yang

3) Fish and Chips:
- fatjo

- babyox

Confirm attendees:
4.Snow_bb - prince josen
6.babyox - princess alicia (western chow)
8. kkf - princess violet
9. BBYang - prince (western chow)
13. Mrs Lim xiaoqian - prince noel (western chow)
20. mama2209

Suggestions:

- Baby swimming time
- No hubby!

CarPool

From Simei - GraceChua

sandy:
may i noe if u wake up to pump since ur gal sleeps thru e nite? if not, dun u get engorgement? oso, does it affect supply?

Yaer,
so far only let him tried once. cos alot of water used. actually bathtub not deep enuff, but ok la.
Only let him swim abt 5min-10min. Alot of effort for that short period of time. will let him swim again when he bigger. heee...

Hi, I am from Jan MTB. I am helping to get the Baby cubes 2oz for my thread. 1set selling at $12. Spree is selling at $26 for 2 sets. Self collection at Sengkang at nite and weekday at Novena Sq during lunch hr. If u r intertested, pls pm me.

sheepish,

i haven started pumping yet and i get very engorged every morning when she doesnt wake up at night but it became soft soon after the first morning feed. so far my supply isnt affected. i guess its because my girl really drinks frequently during the day.

sandy

my bb has watery eyes and some yellow crust..so i went to PD, she said he has blocked tear duct. it wil rectify itself. do u know about it?

hi mummies
any one know about blocked tear duct...anyone experience it...am worried about it

sorry for not posting ..have been busy since am managing alone with bb and home !

Sandy, Whitegalz & Saro....

Hey Gals! thanks for the coordination!

sorry i've been quite busy lately. That's y i seldom login nowadays.

Western Chow's food for 1st May Gathering
1.) i will pick up the food on 1st may & head straight to fatjo's place.

2.) i will separately the sauce & we'll just pour the sauce over before eating.

3.) the main course comes with 2 sides dishes. Mummies can have a choice of any 2 sides (French Beans, Coleslaw, Fries, Whipped potatoes, Rice). Otherwise, we can all settle for whipped potatoes topped w/ brown sauce & coleslaw.

Babyox... Hainanese curry chicken cutlet serve w/ rice, chicken cutlet & curry only.

Qingsiew... thanks for ur offer. i just pick the food & go... anyway will let u know again if i can pick u.

My choice.. of cos WESTERN CHOW! :p

Choices:

- Priviledge
- I Ching
- Grace Chua
- Qingsiew
- Lonerunner
- Mudpie
- x1a0q1an (MrsLim)x 2
- Whitegalz

- Spicegal
- Sandy
- SY
- Yaer
- DK mama
- Saro
- Ag Gal
- bb_yang

3) Dory Fish in Breadcrumb (Fish and Chips)
- fatjo
- LeMonT

- babyox

Confirm attendees:
4.Snow_bb - prince josen
6.babyox - princess alicia (western chow)
8. kkf - princess violet
9. BBYang - prince (western chow)
13. Mrs Lim xiaoqian - prince noel (western chow)
14. LeMonT - princess breana (western chow)
20. mama2209

Suggestions:

- Baby swimming time
- No hubby!

CarPool

From Simei - GraceChua

lemonT,

heh heh, was just gonna ask you about the sides...im totally fine with mashed potatoes and gravy with coleslaw :p yummmm...not sure about the other mommies but its definitely less hassle to standardise the sides
happy.gif
will wait for the other mommies replies

hi ramy,

had to ask my hb about this..he says usually in adults, they will inject a syringe into the tear duct to flush/ "unblock" the duct and flow out of the nose but in the case for babies, they are too small so its usually left alone and it will resolve on its own...dont worry to much about it. just keep his eyes clean to prevent infection and monitor if it becomes better..

lemonT,
Sounds good.

re:sleeping through the night
I'm TBF total latch on. My bb usually sleeps from 8+pm, and if I don't wake him up before I sleep, he'll probably wake up himself around 2+am. Haven't really tried, but will be doing that tonight. I usually wake him uo for a feed before I sleep, around 11+pm. Then he will sleep on til around 4.30 am.
So, I'm still waking up once in the middle of the night. But I don't mind cos my BM is not very high in fat, and dunno if the supply is all that great or not.

Today he was really fussy during waketime, and he vomitted 2x. Hope he's not catching the cough and cold from his jie-jie and ge-ge. But it sounds like he's got some irritation in the throat or something. Fortunately he napped well.

Gathering> no prob with chosen sides... thanks

okie, so my bb is normal with her drooling and "eating" palm...keke..phew...

Sandy> I think u are beri capable leh. Can make ur bb sleep throughout the night! Now BB Sarah sleeps at about 1030-11pm. Wake up at 230 am, 630 am, 830-10am...haiz...dunno when she can sleep throughout...but im quite happy with the 4 hrs interval liao...

Are u going to toilet train ur bb? I realized my bb poo poo ard 4pm everyday. How to toilet train ah? buy potty?

lili: nw can remove their mittens ah? i dint knw plus i see my gal alwys rub / scratch her face til red so dint even dare think of it

Back