(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

cherryale: yes maybe in the future i will be reluctant to take care of my grandson full time, however only a few days per month while he is sick I will help with no questions asked. Ultimately, I could be just staying at home watching tv most of the time. I always believe old people should also continue to be useful to the society in some ways.

Oh my, i guess deep inside me, I could not understand her behavior at all. As my mom passed away before my boy is born, thus i am left with no help from my side. Tell me how can i appreciate her?

suika: my MIL is only 58 loh!!!!!

merc: ya loh, i always ask my son where all my milk go huh? How come you still sick so often? I think parents who place their kids in ifc don't have much choices as if there is an alternative, they would not have place them there, still, need to be socially responsible, sick liao don't bring them there. Once i brought my son to school, another infant girl was there, she sneezed and the mucus was green in colour, i was like, oh my, my son is going to be sick soon.

cherryale/mercs: my kid also see in-law only once every 2 weeks, but my in-law side always look forward to see him... come to think of it, we have not visit for 2 weeks liao cos of my hubby schedule...

ashley: so we make sure next time when we become MIL, we wont be like that huh...

i think BM dont help much when the kid is at IFC leh..LOL. i used to blame myself too when kyler was sick la. but now i got used to it le. dont say IFC, when he go playgroup/cc, he will still fall sick..cos virus everywhere lor. all i can hope is he can get well soon lor.

merc: I think I gets upset when people from my side keep asking me how come my baby so young send to school, your mil not working right ? I grow up in a family where my mother always say next time when you all have kids i will help you take care! So it has become an expectation subconsciously. I think after so many unhappy episodes with my MIL, i totally lost all my respect for her.

hee cannot confirm but i think next time i will help my son. But must give me $$$$ hahahaha.

I think IFC overheat the BM, so the antibodies all died. wow for you 3 more months can send to playgroup liaoz!!!

dazed....weird enuff...it was in the 10pm news but not 11pm news! have yet to look into the HSA website for updates....hopefully the virus is as reported only harmful to pigs..in the states there are alternatives which claimed to be much safer than Rotarix but unheard of locally.

bbstarlet...u can consider the sack which fit over any chair wif backing...it's oso avail at taka bb fair at $19.90...not so heavy / bulky.

dazed...u can check wif blessedmum on LNT too...Cayden just finished his term not too long ago...

ni...hope u have recovered! mi went thru the same episode like u on sun....seriously cannot make it! nearly can die...I was so worried that the GP I went to will get me admitted! but no joke on dehydration, for mi the electrolydes help!

Ashley: ok lah at least she can still help out if there's maid nxt time....rather then my MIL, tok so big but nothing from her but TROUBLE....if not for my godmum i think i'll go crazy liao lor

no nid to get upset 1....juz tell them straight that ur MIL refuses to look after ur child for u n ur mum not ard liao so no choice....when ppl ask i'll tell them straight....it's the truth mah...my MIL rather play her MJ, so since she've made her choice then dun come disturb....she can come disturb my boy's slp juz coz she's rushing off for MJ...i was so pissed off lor

ok...enuff of my MIL...i guessed most of u hv heard my stories liao....oni makes my blood boils!

mercs: i confirm wun b like my MIL....asking for his birth time to buy 4D when we're out from delivery....she no even look at her grandson lor

suika,

ya!!! I guess it just makes us stronger ( i hope) haha.

Now hope that both our new maids guai guai don't give us problem!!! My previous one not guai, so send her away. Please........give us a good maid!!

ashley: i am used to it le..ppl will like "aiyo why so young send to ifc, alot of virus leh"
i will just smile and said bo bian, i working nobody help lor"
both my MIL & mum is working...if my MIL not working where she find the money to buy milk powder, fish/meat, pay for my grilles leh? LOL

suika: its a fact already, cant change yr MIL le...but never mind, u can complain about her to me, i listen k..
sometimes i also will complain abt my MIL la..about comparing...but well i guess its bo bian one...just think of her good points ba

merc: ya but somehow the most ke lian person is my hubby. He surely super understanding towards his mummy cause she is his mummy ma, then his wife is super duper not understanding towards his mummy,cos not her mummy ma. hahaha. Hamburger all the time!

Now i keep telling myself, my baby is my responsibility, if people willing to help, appreciate them, if not, cannot blame them either. If only i really thinks this way :p

Piyo: are the alternatives referring to different pharmaceutical company? Frm what I read, 2 companies produces the vaccines. GSK & Merck. The one tainted is frm GSK.

mercs, ur MIL very gd hor pay so many of ur things. For my case, I had to pay everything for myself and sometime even her things. Envy u. Then u got spare cash to buy things......

After staying in my hse for 7yrs, the thing 1 by 1 gg to spoil. Juz change my Tap. Now the gate lock is spoilt and the bathroom accessories are spoilt.

The trip to Hainan Dao with my PILs will the first n last oversea with them.. Cant tahan my MIL. Bring lots of coffee powder n laguages. Dunno who gg to help her to carry. Dun expect us, we also got 2 young 1 to handle.....

sperzz: my mil also leh! cos we take budget airline, got limited check in weight one what, she bring so much of her stuff, end up we nearly got charged for over weight luggages!

Ashley: she still helping....i still wun dare to leave 2 young 1s w maid alone....i doubt she can handle oso lah...but $$ very shiong lor

mercs: my MIL working ley but till now her fish still swimming in the deep big sea ba

at least u can still see some good points in her...overall still not so bad lah....mine is like none lor...other then she loves to play w K lah...spoiling him oni

sperzz: she bring so much coffee over for wad? to give away as gifts?

sperzz, when is your trip? travelling with family can be fun but sometimes will also have a lot of issues. That's why for my trip in jun, its just us, may be more siong but at least I dun have to go against my wish to do things that i dun want to do.

ashley, that is wat i have been telling myself and hb. He expects his parents to help as he said he would help his children next time. I told him its our choice to have kids, so as parents its also our responsibility. Of cos, there are times when I really need help and hope parents can help then.

sperzz: I got my dvds from bubuchan from BP. but I'm still waiting for my shipment to come next week. hehe.. I subscribed to disney playhouse channel and they play the words world too. my boy doesn't seem interested when it is showing tho.

sperzz: ya MIL help alot in my case, i appreciate her for that. if not for her, i think i wont even have a confinement lady to help whereas my owm mum back out. she think hb dont earn alot so she help me in some ways lor. if she not working she wont be able to help me also la.
house stuff is like that one...nowadays even those electrical appliances can use for 3 yrs is very good already...

this must be a week of wierd happenings... my best friend's sil just passed away suddenly in her sleep... so young, my age only! and her poor gal is only 3!

suika: ya lor...supposingly my mum do confinement for me de end up she gave up in a day ma..so MIL suggested employing lor.
this time round u not engaging CL also ma? if u do not intend to have a 3rd one. your this confinement must do properly ok...or else in future u have hard time...
i believe my confinement did properly thats why i am stronger nowadays...last time i always fall sick de

suika: coffee in China is quite expensive and quite difficult to find especially the instant ones. Last time, when my mum and MIL went to China also brought alot of coffee.

mercs: my godmum will do simple cooking for mi like before lor.... i'll still b good girl try my best to follow the rules lah....#3 1? nvr!! hahaha

mgteo: ic ic....no wonder must bring alot lah....esp thotse whom must drink every morning

suika: try to eat more herbs all that la..
that day forget to tell u next to the mother & baby fair, the food fair there, hock hua having 20% for their herbs...my mum bought 5 boxes for my sis...
then the "bom bom" herbs maybe can buy in JB? since cheaper there?

mercs: wad herbs ur mum bought? my godmum will go her side get those special herbs to brew chix soup but very costly lor....that time i took 7day course herbs for clearing of blood in our body then later abt 2-3day chiz herbs to pu...like that oni costs mi more then $500 liao lor....will try to save up more to eat longer this time

as for herbs, dun think i'll buy this time....that time bought oso no use...i oni bath once....guessed this time if can tahan den dun bath till bb party ba if not then use ginger to bath.....1st 12days strictly no bathing so by then i'll get used to being dirty liao....hahaha
juz every day use warm water to wipe body oni

suika: she bought du zhong, ba zhen, then another kind of ginseng for her..
your herbs so ex???
my herbs also my MIL bought majority for me de..all those dangshen, dates all MIL buy..

u can tahan dont bath ah...i bath everyday leh...only hair wash like every 2 days...so hot how to tahan no bath...i cant lor..as long as bath le blow hair dry, wipe dry then should be ok.

suika: your godma bought cordycep (dong chong cao) is it? Because my total cost for my herbs cost my $800!!! All out from my own pocket!! *sob sob* poor me...

You all so fortunate! Got ppl sponsor... Last time my mum sponsored me but now she cannot afford liao.

mgteo: my MIL told me dong cong cao good ones cost very ex...in the market there are alot of imitation ones leh..
be careful on that ya...

hello, just came back to thread and read up the posts... tonite I got D&D and I'm starting to miss baby liao... won't be seeing him cos leave him at my mum's place... nowadays our little ones so fun to be with !

dazed: I've one colleague who is seeing dr every week cos his sleep test results show that he stop breathing many times during his sleep. One of the cause is obesity.

mercs: the herbs my godmum bought is specially for after delivery 1....wad she got for mi is oni the avg pricing 1 hor...got even better but more ex lah

my MIL no buy anything for mi at all....the oni 2 bottles of 'xue ge' that she gave mi was like from a hamper that her daughter gave her 1 lor...it's like mi begger she 'shi se' give mi 1 hor....it's not like she specially go buy for mi for my boy anything 1 lor

mgteo: i think inside the herbs might hv ba.....got alot of funnie stuffs inside 1 lor....i rem got things to strengthen our backs etc inside....the herbs that time oso out from my own pocket lor.....my MIL still keep saying must eat dun save on food n the herbs etc....she thinks her son earning BIG BUCKS lor....her son no give me a cent on those lor...can even say must eat those things meh...cannot dun eat meh...

suika: the strengthen back one is du zhong...
must take ba zhen also..
actually confinement really need alot of money hor...herbs & food alone prob cost $600-700 le..then the electricity bill for that month leh...i remember my SP bill for that month was $300+ FAINT..
+ CL $...piangz that one month we prob spent 3k or so???

ann: hvn go dinner already missed him so much? y not u bring him along w u?

how come ur colleague will go to take the sleep test? stop breathing many times in his sleep is very dangerous ley

mercs: i not too sure the name....i oni rem she says it's for back....its like a black checked thin pcs....i think it's like call seahorse skin or something....no rem liao lah... i oni noe it's supposed to b good so i juz drink lor....anyway i love herb soup

mercs, at least ur MIL can think for his son. Mine nvr lor. My BIL and us will be paying for their airtix and logging. I wondering how much to bring to china to give the relative $$$. She rather give $$ to there and save for her children. We pay every single fish she bought for Delia. So far u only gotten 2 dresses from Mkt for Delia. And I think not more than 10pcs of clothes for Damien fromm BB till now

sperzz: so we know next time we have to be what kindof MIL le..
like that, i really need to appreciate my MIL more...she also old le la...
she not only save for her son...she save for kyler too..she even took his birth cert and open a savings account for him...really nice hor...
i guess i really must appreciate her more...ok i give her a kiss this weekend..LOL

sperzz: my MIL bought for Kevan although it's from KP but it's from the discount basket there 1 lor...n it's damn ugly lor....
depends on ourselves better hor....wait for them die liao lor

mercs: ur MIL is very good lor...dun coz of small issues like she prefers SIL son more etc....she got do other things for Kyler mah

Back