(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

I think most kids can wean off on their own, so dun have to worry too much. My #1 weaning off process was also painless, we just told him we threw away pacifier and that was it. So rather than stressing ourselves how to wean off and go through the sleepless nights when they were not ready to part with pacifier, may be better to just let it be for a while.

i agree with cherryale, both my older kids weaned off pacifier at 18mo... w/o much pain... i foresee it'll be more diificult to wean caden off the walking pacifier... cannot throw away... ;p

Ann: No worries one, you can do it. Yes, they enjoy bus & MRT rides. Next time when Leon is older, take him on thr double-decker bus & sit in the front seat. You can watch his amusement. Till now, my #1 still loves to take the front seat on the 2nd deck. I think they find it thrilling to be up front.

Actually, come to think of it, I haven't taken #3 on any bus or MRT rides either. I shall make time to take her alone one of these days.

gelato/ann01jan/dink: thanks! sorry lor, shyan not cooperative at all. once i put her on the stool, she sat on it leaning against the wall. and the stool keeps moving out of the wall and she finally plonked on the floor. and i had to carry her cos she didn't want to stand or sit. must carry. it was a terros. not more shopping for clothes with her for me

as for pacifier, i watched how the kids my mum take care of wean off. their methods are very innovative. some are crying out methods, some are natural weaning off. some are kay-kiang, throw their tutu, so my parents take the chance to really throw away...

Hi everyone,
新年快乐 to all.

Just back from a long trip.
Read some babies are sick again. Oh dear, hope they already well by now (eg: Ann01jan.. is Leon ok now?)

Yah, J starts to crank up lately too by 'waking' a few times at night, though he is not fully awake, he can fuss lot, and only way to pacify him is give him nenen.. but i think this is so wrong, but im also lazy laa.. need my sleep also.. I feel so helpless dunno wat to do also.

never gave him a pacifier b4, so not intending to do so either. on the other hand, im trying to wean him, but how to break this pattern of suckling at night ah????

Good Morning to all...

junemom : sama sama... caden has been looking for his walking pacifier more & more often during the nights... nowadays i hv nothing much to pump in the morning cos he suck up dry... haha... i tried giving him pacifier b4, but he took & threw it far FAR away... actually i m half minded on what to do next... wean him or let him self wean? next qn is will he ever self wean? when will that day come?

Good morning...

Happy Chinese New Year to all!!

updated: Juvius have another 8 teeth sprouting out so now total 16 teeth...

gelato: aquamarine @ marina mandarin is good, uob card having 1 for 1 in the weekdays but not for this month becos CNY period...market cafe and cafe brio is good too...

ann & willting : thanks for your recommendations. I let my hb know liao.. let him decide. =)

willting : wow! 8 teeth together... that's alot!

hello...

wah willting, 8 at 1 time? he must have fussed a lot... JH now at 14, though he refuse to let me check if any new ones came out...

ann: ya, the first 8 teeth was sprouted at the same time and now again...he fuss a lot until now still fuss...

dazed: is my hubby spotted it first when he gave pacifier to Juvius, he opened his mouth big to have it...if i put my finger in, he will bite it...

gelato: yaaa.. same dilemma. how ah???

The Raffles hotel bar & billiard buffet is really good. Great if you have amex, got 1 for 1 for 2diners.

me also using old version... got lobang let me know. i missed the last giant promo
sad.gif

I just cleared out ashley's wardrobe, it's so neat now. Arranged into categories of cardigans by colors, then separates by colors and ls or ss, then dresses by colors. After that I just sat on the floor and admire haha so embrarassing. 2 bags of stuff to give away. No energy to do #1 wardrobe after that.

cherryale: wow.. ashley has so many clothes ah. haha. i realise shyan has only 3 t-shirts to wear out and so many bottoms. aiyoh. dunno why clothes bring to my mum house all disappear. she must have been so blur that she tot all give my youngest niece man.

whats in your give-away bag?

ni/sperzz/jan: hehe got good lobang sure tell :p
oh why you stil using the old version?

anyway, just to let you know if you know singapore version is different from indo/msia/phil. I call up and ask abott sg, they confirmed that the contents are different but can't tell me what is the difference. Sg made in Denmark, the other 3 countries made in Ireland. So weird right? But it is cheaper. Was travelling in jkt/msia.. Eg: in msia the 1.8kg is only RM86.

Did abbot send you S$3 coupon off 900g purchase?
I got mine. Fyi

junemom, if gg to Msia, I think no problem to buy from there. But if u tell me gg to China, my advise bring ur own milk powder.

this coming Apr, me gg China, so planning to bring 1 can of powder, all the instand cereal n 1 pkt of diapers. Wont get these things there I think my check in luggage will b full of Delia's items...

ni: little bhubu just sent email, they having bp again. and hor, got pocoyo t-shirts for kiddo and adult also. haha.. i'm gonna cheong for one set for me and my little honey :D

sperzz: me too... i gg bkk in june, so gonna rent a service apt so we all can camp in the same room and with kitchen facilities, we cna cook porridge, no need to make her eat instant cereal all the time. and by then she will be 18months old, can eat rice also liao. if not food for little one will be another headache. and i am also gg to bring 1can of powder

junemoon: i'm sticking to old formula cos
1. cheaper and now pple clearing stocks, can find cheap stocks :D
2. just transit to old formula, dowan to change again to new formula

cos once change to new formula, gotta stick to new liao, i dowan to keep changing the new and old for her.. :D

Hi all,

How is everyone doing??

I have 2 satchets of Enfagrow A+ to give away.

Plus $5 off for 900g Enfagrow. Voucher expire on 26th Feb 2010.

PM me your addres and will mail to you.

Jan, aiyo then u better ask your mum if she has made a mistake and gave all the clothes to your niece. The items in the bags are sleepsuits, bodysuits,dresses and some pants. Plus another bag with some Nursery baby toys from elc, nursing shawl which I hardly used, and a tinylove musical mobile that I used to clip on the baby carseat/carrier. My cousin is expecting a gal so will ask her if she minds handmedown before donating the stuff.

Ni, I can understand! Been thru that too, even now buying clothes for #1 is v uninspiring. U quickly have a gal then can have the joy of buying the gals stuff.

mummies, can I check what type of vege u give baby on a daily basis and where u buy them ? do you give carrot or pumpkin everyday ? Anyone give soup on a daily basis ?

ann01jan, i don't give pumpkin/carrot everyday cos i'm scared too much will cause bb's skin to be yellow. Sometimes I will give broccoli, spinach. Haven't tried giving soup yet.

Anyone here having problems feeding bb solids recently? My bb has been rejecting porridge, bread & her all-time fav frisocrem! She used to be able to eat 2 bowls of porridge and 1 bowl Frisocrem daily. Now she will eat a few mouthfuls, give me the want-to-vomit look and crawl away shaking her head! Tried to give her french toast today and she only ate a bit also. Heng she still drinks her milk. Dunno wat's wrong. Anyone facing the same prob?

cherryale: ya lor. must be lah. she v blur one. have to literally sew their names on then can.

i am asking abt the items cos i am curious lor. its time for me to start clearing some of the baby stuff also. planning to sell away those preloved items like nursing shawl and breastfeeding pillow

Hi ann01jan, we cook her porridge w meat (fish or pork), vege (brocolli or spinach), (carrot or pumpkin) n yes we put abt 1 small spoonful of ikan billis powder everytime too. So far she din turn 'yellow' leh thou she eats carrot or pumpkin everyday. But thinking shud let her try more varieties leh, hv u all tried beef b4? Duno hw to cook leh, can use those minced type n stir into porridge or nt?

Hi jalo, it doesn't happen to my gal nw except when she fell sick n has no appetite. But sumtimes when they r teething I heard they may oso lose appetite cos the gum is sore?

hehe... bravier's wardrobe is nothing much also.
but i've passed down all newborn clothings as din thought of having #3. now pregnant #3 (maybe girl) gonna start asking for handsmedown clothings liao.
luckily the kids wardrobe got enough space to put #3 clothings. LOL

ann01jan : i do give ikan billis powder. my inlaw say its gd and give more calcium.

how to see they turn 'yellow' ?

Good Morning, everyone.

Ladies, thanks for the info. My hb decided to hv buffet at Pariss, so we went there... & i managed to pump at 1 of the nursing rm @ Marina Sq. =)

ann : the vegs in caden's porridge includes carrot, sweet potatoes or potatoes, broccoli or spinach... recently, i started with a lil tomato. The ingredients for his porridge are gotten fm NTUC or Marketplace. As for his dinner, he takes rice with soup. pumpkin wise - my MIL says it's cooling, so i stop buying liao...

Yan Ling : if it's clear mucous, & flow only on & off, with no other sypmtoms - it may be juz sensitive nose.

xpink : I can chk if i still hv NB clothings, if you dun mind boy's clothes. =P

mummies, thanks for replies.

jazzychloe: I used to do what you do, but recent trips to hospital and clinic, nurses commented my baby is on the yellow side, give me a shock, I stopped carrot and pumpkin althou the portions I give not a lot in the first place...

jallo: Leon used to reject his cereal, then I start changing his cereal every week, then he's ok liao... try the Nestle Gold Oats with Prunes and u can try bread with cheese ?... As for porridge, one of my friends' boy start to reject porridge, then she start to feed him teochew porridge style (feed porridge and ingredients separately), the boy loves it !

xpink: actually dr says the sure way is orange-ish eye balls and nails so he say my baby is ok... but the nurses keep saying he looks yellowish and keep pressing his skin lor.... haiz...

Back