(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

sus: no worries, my gf also had it during her 2nd preg. But after give birth, both Bb and her is ok. Juz ctrl ur sugar intake from now. No more soft drinks

sus: dun worry abt it, jus make sure u drink lotsa water and take less sugary stuff. diet control will help... no more cravings liao.

dazed.. not really leh, day before the test I was eating normally.. I just hope dun need to sit through another test cos that day the nurse poke poke until so pain.. and I felt so sick after taking the drink. thanks for ur concern too and all the best for ur test on Thurs! dun worry too much too ok?

thanks ladies.. Im slowly recovering from the news.. but so sad need to diet.. cant enjoy sweet drinks and stuff le.. and Im reading about fried rice now =p always hungry how to diet??

mo3: yah.. by the time I made the call around 4+, already no more space.

btw I went to IMM giant, their nursing bra only left size 32.. and their pyjamas quite ugly.. but there's a 'triumph' shop outside that has quite nice pyjamas from $9.90 to 19.90

sus: IMM giant is quite bad lor..the stuff there...i think parkway and tampines one better, more variety of stuff

ni: crabs again...trying to tempt me huh huh...

haha ni.. enjoy your crabs!! *droolz* I must ask my dietrician whether I can still have my crab cravings!

thanks for ur *hugs* samval.. *hug* back..

mercs: I havent been much to parkway and tampines as I am a westerner hee.. west side not much choices leh =p

sus: coz tampines one really very big...if i got go there, i see got sell the bra or not ok..size 36 right...i siao siao one..i stayed sembawang la...but i go everywhere as long my hubby driving, i can go parkway, tampines and even IMM lor...

ni: woah, crabs again... almost everyday also got mention of crabs.. gd thing i'm not tempted.. nope, not at all... hv a great dinner.

almost time to knock off liao. 15min countdown.

sus: don worry too much, just control sugar intake...after giving birth, then enjoy soft drinks...
happy.gif

ni: enjoy your dinner...
happy.gif

sus: dun worry so much k. I also felt giddy and nauseous after the sweet drink. Think now u juz be careful wif ur diet. the dietician would be able to advice u wat to cut down on.
for me, though my test result is negative, but Im still careful wif eating sweet stuff. Very tough coz I got sweet tooth

sus...sometimes it could be false alarm due to sweet food / drinks taken b4 ur test mayb? anyhow worst case being control diet for the next 12 weeks or less...luckily nearing 3rd tri le...

stop this temptation of crabs can...haha
craving for it for ages le...=p

Sus : I have enabled my PM, Waiting for your Massage lady contact..Thanks alot! Take care of yourself and try to avoid sugary food okay! SMILE and dun worry too much =)

Gelato : I got it from the forum BP. Retailer are slightly more expensive. Actually I saw the playmat at the motherhood fair in expo early this year..wanted to buy at that time, but find it very exp, though I feel the quality is good. Then I came to this forum and found the BP, its cheaper..though heart-pain, but hubby say "buy la"..now no regrets...As it is thick, it will create a very safe play area for baby when he learns to walk..There's an ongoing BP http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1839353.html?1225779976

Mercs : Preggie can do pedi? Then do they do the foot massage for u?

miaiko: i had terrible rashes during 25 weeks. last for 2 weeks plus. it started with small red spots all over belly. then couple of days later it looked like hives, patchy and big and red. it was so itchy that i woke up in the middle of the night every 2 hrs to scratch. it was constantly hot and felt like burning so i had to apply ice pack all day and night. i was so miserable. gynae saw and told me it was called pupp, some preg induced rashes that might only go away after delivery. i felt so desperate because i could not function day and night, mc all the time i was so sad. luckily it just went away, i am so thankful. i read in some forums some pple say is because they used palmers cocoa butter, i used it too, now i stopped and in fact threw it away. i hope ur rashes will not be bad like mine, do monitor it ok. btw, the rashes will not harm baby, just irritate the hell out of mummy!

Hi precious bb, just pm-ed you =) good luck with ur search!

I just read up on GD and it seems bb will be more at risk to jaundice and hypoglycemia after birth if I dun control properly. So now I gotta be more guai and be self-controlled *wake up call*

miaiko, thanks I understand, I got sweet tooth too! Love sweet drinks =p

piyo, thanks.. we were made to fast before the test so I doubt so.. but maybe they mixed up my records haha

thanks for all ur concerns.. so touched.. I better get disciplined and how to not smile with all ur sweet messages?! =)

have a good rest tonight!

ahhh! I missed the free scan again!!!! sianz...

welcome to big jan family mint! rest well woh!

sus: dun be too upset .. be more positive yaR? try to control wat u drink/ eat for this short period of time...

sus... my friend says cos she had chilli crabs the night before the test... i think it does make a difference...

welcome mint! I only just catch up on today's posts only..

dazed: ah haha Im reminded of chilli crabs again =p But the day before I think I had fish soup and some fruits.. should be quite healthy. u also be positive ok? =)

blessedmum: I bought a pyjamas for $16.90 from 'triumph' shop at IMM (level 1), u can try there if looking, not too bad =)

pat: yah I hear Palmers cocoa butter gave rashes to quite a lot of pple.. Clarins should be better

sus: really? ok w go there seee see look!

clarins not that good too.. i still got stretchmarks in the end..
sad.gif

feeling qte down and low tonight..

feet still swollen.. having bit of cramps below my tummy.. baby keep moving, and many commented my tummy is big!! tot im goin to deliver in dec! sian.....

Sus: Sorry to hear about the news, but the meet up with the dietician should help fix it. So all the best for Thursday! Keep us updated here.

Blessedmum: Don't xian about people's comments. I was a little low this evening cos this top I wore 2 weeks back cannot fit me anymore! That's how fast my tummy is growing.

willting: too late, juz now went looking for the fried rice,but cannot find. So in the end, juz went to BLK 680+ for dinner but so happen to find the fried rice. Anywhere thanks for the info. I also went to the Pasar Malam n see the PJ. Found that the material not so gd, btw my colleague helped mi to get a pc already at $7 and the material not bad.

my gal friend passed me 7 pcs of pj... yeah! no need to buy!

packed my bag liao... left bb stuff cos i haven't washed them yet... and slippers + pads! got to buy...

Precious_bb : Thanks for the link. I'm quite keen to get 1, but maybe few mths later... i figure bb will not need it soon aft birth. =)

sus : If u hv family history of diabetes, then chances of hvg GD is higher. But in most cases, GD goes away aft the birth. I hv a fren who hv GD in both her pregnancies, & both mummy & bb are healthy aft delivery. She's afraid to go for #3 tho, cos she heard that GD will stay aft 3rd child - but doc will not confirm tis, think it's not medically proven. Anw, juz stay positive, but be disciplined ... all of us r giving u moral support here. =) Oh btw, i m juz curious, i thot u hv low blood pressure, or was it low blood glucose? has tis got anything to do with GD? i m quite confused, cos' i m under the impression that pple with low blood glucose shld be safe fm GD? or maybe my understanding is incorrect? or maybe ur gynae call the wrong person??

blessedmum : dun be too affected by pple's comments.... it's normal for preggies to hv swollen feet & big tummy, isn't it? =) hehe... 1 of my colleague like to be sarcastic to me too... she commented that i m FAT when i was abt 16 weeks preggy... when i told my other colleagues, all of them laughed - cos' she's way FATTER than me lor... hehe... then recently, she tried to give more comments, i juz pretend to be very busy & hv no time to entertain her... haha...

sus: How did your gynae conclude that you have GD? My gynae says my glucous level was higher than normal range... however, nothing to worry about (it was marginally off)... but when I went for a medical exam for insurance purpose, they insist I redo my ME with fasting... so I need to go again this Sat... am feeling a little anxious... cos of family history...

Now I'm wondering if I should just offer myself for GTT... even though my gynae says there's no need to... sigh...

I dread to imagine dieting with GD... saw what my mum went through... it was like 'hell' for her... maybe hers was kind of severe...

I have a sweet tooth... but I dun indulge in as much sweet stuffs as mum did (& still do)... & the worst thing is... now that I keep having the notion that I've excess glucouse, I seem to experience more cravings... for the past few days I kept wanting to eat brownie... it's an awful feeling... & I still haven't got my brownie fix... then I also keep feeling hungry... & thirsty... I'm not sure if it's psychological... but these are symptoms of GD & diabetes... sigh...

hihi everyone... just had my birthday cake... yummy yummy... hb bot Strawberry Cake, which i wished for ... hooray....

sperzz>
oh, i passed by the muah zi stall, located in a rather older coffee shop opp. the "so-call" market down there. quite near to the fried rice coffee shop too... wow,that place really many "treasures" hor... must bring hb go there explore explore!

xpink_xuanx>>
oh,is the free 3d/4d scan which has previosuly oraganised before at siemens bldg ahh... noticed this is the 2nd time they organized on a thurs... next x must watch out closely on wed post!! haha...

good morning ladies,

MO3: happy birthday!

sperzz: Sengkang got pasar malam? where?

EMQ: i think just go and offer yourself for the test. in fact my gynae never really ask me to do, its just my big mouth tell her that i got family history lah, then she commented baby is big lah, then i asked her do i need to do, then she said yes.

sus: the nite before my scan, i had just a small bowl of soupy noodles (very plain) then down lots of water and 10pm i slept liao, so maybe that's why my results were clear? and also when i drank coffee, i din put any sugar. now i'm worried also cos that nite happen to "play cheat" lah. now since my diet back to normal (i got sweet tooth), i'm also wondering if i shld re-take the test. sigh..

gelato: ya i also tot those with low blood sugar not so easy to get GD..

gelato: I have low blood pressure which doc attributes dizzyness too, but i read up on symptons of GD and they include dizzyness, excessive thirst (which I also have), unexplained excessive weight gain (I put on 1 kg in 1 day yest) so most seem to point to positive

emq: through GTT. If u think u got symptoms, do get it tested cos treatment is impt for bb to keep sugar levels stable

mo3: sheng ri kuai le!! =)

samval:: dun scare urself ok? I didnt specially control but I still ate very healthily day b4 test, but u can just control diet 4 in case. But since u cant eat much now due to bloatedness, shldnt b that bad?? take care!

precious bb: ya...i go ahead and did pedi anyway...they did slight massage for me la, its very shiok lor. aiya, i dont bother la, since me only do pedi maybe like once in every 3 months??

PAT: u didn call yr gynae when u have rashes ma? me also got rashes during early 2nd trimester, then after applying gynae cream, one day only i recovered...its very effective then other what pricky powder, calamine lotion la etc

Morning Ladies!!

Pat:hw u feeling now?? got rashes ah..aiyo..poor gal..must be v itchy!haiz....that time suika also have that problem..try not scratch it cos it will be more itchy leh...i also using that cream..but i dun apply alot..anyway hope it rashes go away and recover fast ok....
happy.gif
do take care hor..

cjteng: i went to a shop near my workplace lor...mani + pedi is $38.00. very shiok...but i hate nowadays shops, always ask ppl to sign package one.

erm...ask yr hubby to massage u la...

sus, i am sorry to hear abt yr GD. Don't be sad, at least u know abt it and u can do something with it.
tomo u will be seeing gyane and dietican? they will help u to tackle it.
even after u deliver yr baby, u can still take precautions in yr daily diet to prevent type 2 diabetes later on in life.

i went for my GTT yesterday. was asked to drink yucky orange drink within 10mins, at least 250ml.
i asked if there is other flavours besides orange like lime, raspberry. haha. the nurse said don't have.
the nurse who drew blood from me seems not very steady, i prefer the other nurse, Shirley who drew my blood last time. she is more confident and steady.

mercs: oic.haha so cheap ah..my hb massage dun make me shiok leh..make me more pain..cos he use too much strength la..hahah

morning everyone..
v tired this morning.. couldnt wake up in time..
woke up in the middle of night to go toilet... couldnt get to zz after that.... now headache..

mo3: happy birthday!!
sigh no chance for me liao... next week im 32 weeks.. wont be able to scan liao as bb will be too big
sad.gif

anyone been feeling somewhat like cramps below the tummy? duno if that BH.. its not intense pain but can feel its presence there

cheekygal: ya lor..the calves massage very shiok hor...usually i will ask my hubby to massage for me. nowadays my feet base so painful...especially when 1st step out of bed...

blessedmum: these few days then i got this feeling, but i dont dare to tell my hubby leh...coz wait he worried and refuse to let me have the car for work

Morning ladies.. and a happie hapie birthday to mo3!!!!
Seems like everyday also got pple bday hor!! Hahaha. So many nov mummies here…

Crabz was yummy. I had chilli crabz, and of cos not forgetting mun tou! Wowo…. Also had salt and pepper crab, but pales in comparison with the chilli crab… hehehe.. finally had my craving answered to.. haha..

Mercs: ur hub so caring leh, still will massage for me. Mine will only do that, when I have leg cramps loh.

Back