(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

suika: when travelling, does not much of a choice unless you bring your own water from home. In fact it is better to boil from bottled water as some countries their water is hard water and not nice to drink and it contains much more minerals than our tap water.

mi oso letting K wears Huggies for nite....drypers cannot hold his pee at nite liao....with the promo it's same price lor so might s well...MP oso good but way too ex

sperzz: if u gg to villages then it's their norm practise to give money....n that's alot of $ if u adds up...it's like the whole village will queue up to collect angbao from u lor

mgteo: i'll b gg Genting nxt wkends...first time bringing him out so abit worried s he CNY time LS for almost 1mth :p (shd b teething issue lah) so i think his tummy still weak ba better b extra careful in water part....for food i'm not so worried, at most give him cereal n bread n some outside food (which he normally munch on our food a little)....

sperzz: i brought sterilizing tablet too...
i sterilise the sink and the bathtub (yes, kiasu) and the kettle once i am at hotel..

cherryale: i bought the pigeon one for kyler before, i find abit salty, anyway he dont like it, then also one packet is so small portion leh..

mercs, how do u prepare the pigeon porridge? I saw the instruction says to heat up in the packaging or microwave. But if outside how to heat up?

i just bought the scissors from daiso. So many to choose from? I just bought one with a very cute case. But its normal scissors, not meant for food. Will it do?

sperzz, if i try the HC and its good, will get from your contact
happy.gif
Thanks! With 2 kids, must save whenever possible esp on diapers!

mercs: wow! u sterilize everything!? hahaha. i dun care i nv sterilize :p

suika: wow, queue up to collect hongbao?! as if the fortune god giving out hongbao leh :p lucky i dun have relative staying in villages, hb also dun haf

suika: yes better be extra careful with water especially they are still small. I think in the hotel room they also provide mineral water you can request from them if you need more. Enjoy your holiday before the 2nd one popped!
happy.gif

cherryale: just soak the packet in hot water. get some container from the restuarant or so? or just use the milk bottle to heat up also can..
sometimes i just open and give, no heat up..LOL
i bought the scissors with cover one at daiso..works the same lor i think so..
the combi one i think not as sharp to cut meat, more for noodles...

ni: i just dump the sterilizing tablet in the sink and the tub lor..anyway my SIL gave me de, so i just use lor. for japan cos i think the water is safe for consumption, so what i did is just sterilize the kettle la...easy de.

sperzz: i never bring bib, thermometer, i only bring 1 milk bottle.

ni: that's wad i heard lor....it's normally if u go to those villages....they v poo there 1
that's y some ppl sort of dare not go back...

mgteo: u r rite....when 2nd pops i doubt i'll b able to even go shopping

i was advised to bring water from here over....but to bring days of water supply like it's like very HEAVY ley....i feel sounds abit stupid wor carrying so much water ard :p
haizzz go on a short trip oni oso so many troubles sia

cherryale, I think any scissor can also. Bec at home, I also use the normal scissor to cut food. Small 1 is convenience to bring out....

suika: about china, yes that is part of their culture. When my mum and my relatives went there, they have to give angbao and in return they will give angbao or some other gifts.

If you want to save the trouble then just buy mineral water in M'sia lor...it's safe one lah...you buy the brand 'Spritzer' which is also sold in Singapore one lor.

mgteo: i was thinking to bring some water over for boiling then buy mineral for the cold water part....heehee i'll oni buy brands i see in spore :p

mercs: Kevan's on fresh fruits most of the time....oni when fruits ran out liao then i give bottled juices

mercs: I will delay giving yakult/vitagen at least for the first 2-3yrs cos it can cause phlegm. Apple and barley are good!

suika: that's good idea then no need to bring so much water...

mercsboy : i hvn't give Caden any juices or sweetened drinks. but i think it's fine to give them the baby version - my gal started with prune juice at ard 8 or 9 mths old. personally, i think the taste of adult version may be too strong for them.

mgteo: kyler only loves his plain water...
when i gave him barley or apple juice, his face like i give him poison like that...
give him back his water, he can finish the whole cup...
apple juice so nice, he also dont like.
the barley i still add "dong gua tiao" he also dont like...

gelato: the baby version i find it nice leh...so nice smelling one..
end up usually goes to my dogs...
no wonder my dogs becoming fat...they finished whatever kyler left..

talking abt juices... that day i bot 1 bottle of vegs juice for my xiao bao bei... he refused to drink - he say "dun want, 辣辣" - maybe got tomtaoes, it look a bit reddish... then when i told him not to eat the "hacks" sweet bcos it's 辣辣, he dun listen... he insisted to eat, then later spit out... faint lor... 不听老妈子言...

mercsboy : ya i oso like the baby version... but too ex to drink myself.. hehe.. Kyler save $ for you, only drink plain water... =)

mercs, yes cold meiji choc milk. Think he likes cold drinks in this kinda hot weather. He is drinking cold fresh milk too. He prefers this to FM.

ni, cos mummy loves chocs. lol

chere : is bradley taking cold drinks ok? fm TCM point of view, cold drinks is no good, esp for young children... but 1 of my hb's fren hv been giving her bb cold milk too... she can literally take ebm out fm the fridge & give the bb directly... then 1 fine day, the bb (at that time toddler liao) refused to eat the porridge cos he say it's not cold... lol.. i think the kid shld be abt 5 or 6 now ...

i let ashley try everything, from yakult, milo,yoghurt drink to apple juice. She eats and likes everything. I already have a fussy eater son (partly cos I was so scared to let him try out new stuff when he was young), I don't want to have a fussy eater daughter. Agree that everything in moderation will be fine.

cherryale, ya, Delia basically had tried everything too. Damien also another fussy eater. When he was young n taken care by ILs, his meal was only fish porridge and plain water only....

cherryale & sperzz : i was quite relaxed with my my older kids' diet once they reached 1yo... but they are oso fussy eater leh... hehe... so my strategy on caden now is to go slow in introducing new food, so that there's always something new to 'attract' him once he gets tired of certain food...

erm...thanks for the answers..i am comparing and see what u all do..

till now i am not giving him cold drinks yet la, although sometimes he do take yogurt all that, but not that often. i dont want to "spoil" him, wait next time he wants all the cold stuff and refuse water.

cos i seen some kids everyday will ask for yakult etc, and will open the fridge himself. i hope kyler wont do that..

i do give him alot of varieties..but i think he depends on his mood de...sometimes he can finish the bowl in less than 10 mins, sometimes i need more than half hr..

gelato, cannot help it too cos Ashley wants to eat everything that we are eating. As long as its not dangerous like can cause her to choke, we will give her a little to try. Actually she eats all the time from the time she wakes up minus time when she is asleep. Even her teacher said she snacked a lot cos she eats from start till end of the class including a milk feed during break when other kids only take water. But her weight is still pathetic
sad.gif
maybe she has 'worms'. should check her faeces.

gelato: xiao bao bei like vegetable or not??
cos its like boys dont quite like vege?

cherryale & sperzz: how about damien & ashton?

hello mummies, wow thread moves fast today ! I'm on mc today and tmr... aiya usual cough and flu...

Mercs: I give Ribena to Leon, he loves it ! it's a treat when he is well behaved... but not the sparkling one hor..

Sperzz: Leon's meals is also just fish porridge and plain water... hahaha ! that's y he loves Dazed porridge so much last Sunday... kekeke... think I better start add variety so he will not be fussy

mercs: I have not tried giving any other juices and sweetened drinks yet. Don't know she will like it or not but so far she likes water.

chere: i don't dare to give chocolates scared she gets hyperactive.

chere : that's good, bradley has strong stomach. =)

mercsboy : last time when my gal was younger (abt 2-3yo), she couldn't take Yakult... tend to vomit lor.. so i rarely buy for them. food wise, maybe they oso got mood like adult ba?

cherryale : ur gal sounds like me - always snacking... haha... & my colleagues always say I eat & eat, but (the food) dun know go where??? haha... actually, as long as Ashley's growing well, healthy, size wise it's ok lah... =D

mercsboy : both my older kids dun like vegs. sometimes, my MIL or maid cook porridge for caden, they will oso give xiao bao bei some... he will still eat lor, even tho got hidden vegs... but my gal lagi fussy... die die won't eat de...

Damien now only like to snack. when come to actual meal, he eat alittle only. His favourite veg is carrot and tomato, sometime brocoli also can. he is skinny leh, only 19kg for a 6yrs old boy. I very worried he will get bullied in Pri sch nxt yr.

Damien is a very gd boy till now he will ask permission when he wan to open the fridge to take anything even we asked him to get for his. Hopefully Delia will follow suit.

mgteo: i tried giving apple juice & barley la...he dont seem to like it. home made soya bean still ok...
he can finish one whole cup of water but not juice

gelato: think must check your shit too...see got worms or not....LOL

sperzz : maybe Damien is juz smaller build? that's why lighter? at least he still eat some vegs, my gal juz won't eat... & he's so guai, you taught him well. =)

mercsboy : haha... how to chk?

mercs: Claira also don't like veg lor...that's why now with Katie I will put alot of veg but anyway Katie is very 'tam jiak' whatever we eat she wants to eat not like Claira. Claira will finish up her rice and noodles but will leave behind all the ingredients. She's a big eater anyway, like the mummy & daddy. Haha..;)

Kevan oso likes all these stuffs, from potato chips to coke n coffee all he tried before liao...hahaha but oni nibble n sip abit bit lah

he noes wad's call cold water....he see u buy he'll quickly throw away his tutu n even tries to snatch ur cup or bottle from u lor...."FAINT" juz like his daddy....crazy over sweet drinks....but lucky he still drinks lots of plain water....so nxt time when this little fellow grows up must keep all the tibits away from his sight

mercs: it's good that he don't like other drinks except water....how I wish Claira is like that. This Claira sees all sweetened drinks like gold...!! Kena influenced by the father. The father only drinks cold drinks practically every meal.

sperzz: don't worry lah...boys catch up very fast one.... They will shoot up vertically/horizontally during their teens. hahaha..
happy.gif

Back