(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

sperzz : at least he got 3, my gal eats none... =(

suika : try not to give Kevan soft drinks, esp Coke. It's acidic - no good for stomach & teeth... Coke contains caffeine, which is bad for bones too. If you want to give sweetened drinks, maybe can try rosehip syrup or ribena... but best not to let them get used to sweet taste oso...

mercs: have have, ya now I remember when he was 10 months, started pork... but suddenly my mum stopped due to the taiwan incident, till now have not restart, pathetic...

mgteo: good meh? i wanna let him try other liquids ma..but think food wise he abit slow..
barley so nice also dont want *shake head*

suika: dont give him too much la..next time u have prob stopping him man

mgteo: Julia Gabriel Holiday Programme, will u be interested ? can you PM me so I can forward u the details ?

Calling snow, think your mail box is full, i can't send anything to you...

wow, thread running fast as usual so could not catch up.

<font color="119911">gelato</font>,
so envy with ppls travelling overseas, with young kids, hubby said no pt so waste $$ there as kids no communciation.wait they bigger then go...so will be grounded since 2005.sigh...

<font color="119911">sperzz/dink</font>,
can bring scissor on plane??

<font color="119911">cherryale</font>,
house brand diaper (NTUC) and pet pet is 17cents and 20cents range.haa same thinking...cos my gar use different brand diaper, night time use nepia that time. but now, my boy used NTUC diaper (if pet pet got promotion then will buy) day and night wor since he is 6mth.

<font color="119911">evlin</font>,
only fdbck is that Just kids not bad.

Afcai: no, can't bring scissiors up the plane.

Sperzz: dun bring the scissors in yr handcarry. They will qiong gong.

afcai : depends on the purpose of travelling i guess... small kids won't remember the trip, but if adults want to travel, can bring them along.. next time when they're bigger, show them video &amp; pictures. I think they'll be interested to see. Otherwise, if there's help available, can leave the kid behind &amp; go for honeymoon again... hehe... It's hard for me to travel now cos my eldest is schooling, my middle child is super active &amp; my youngest is still addicted to his walking tutu... so i can't manage all 3 together, &amp; can't leave any1 behind... cos if i were to leave any of the older 1 behind, they'll protest... if i leave the youngest behind... he'll miss his pacifier... so i guess i gotta wait lor...

ni : cannot handle lor... i was telling hb maybe plan to go Penang again, cos i miss the food there... take budget airline, &amp; bring ILs oso.. more pple... merrier &amp; got help with kids oso... but say say only...

ann: thanks for the email. Unfortunately I can't take leave so will have to give it a miss. Do you know who are the teachers?

gelato, family holidays are great cos they can help to watch over the kiddos. Go penang lah, easy breezy!

actually i feel that for toddlers even though they may not remember the trip, they will still learn by being exposed to new things. Of course, there is no need to travel overseas in order to expose them. I saw tremendous improvement in my son's understanding of animals by bringing him to the zoo vs showing him pictures of animals in a book. He remembers names of animals much better, even those that are difficult to pronounce.

sperzz, its wed already!! countdown! so excited for you
happy.gif

mercs, ashton does not like veg although he will eat it if u mixed into porridge. But not in the visible veg form. So I let Ashley eats everything hoping that she does not become like her bro.

gelato, i think ashley is not growing very well, she is underweight! only 8.5kg when we weighed her recently. Height is ok, but when u look at her, her limbs, arms are all very skinny.

cherryale, I also getting more excited too.

Yest, was packing both of their clothes. Got so many to bring, scare wait vomit lah, urine come out lah, dirty the clothes...janjan even best, told me to bring 3sets/days. if like this I need to bring 36sets of clothes for both of them...faintz

sperzz: 36 sets of clothes is alot ley....u staying at 1 plc long? if yes then can wash wash some? shd b able to dry fast mah

sperzz: i wash some of kyler clothes there...so i didnt bring so many sets leh...their clothes so mini very easy to wash de...
i also didnt bring many sets of bra/undies...i wash in hotel

Sperzz I only intend to bring 1 set of clothes per day plus 2 extra for the entire trip. It's not everyday that they will dirty themselves.

sperzz : for Damien, u can bring those transparent plastics bag for him to urine incase can't find Gent or too dirty. Is a must in my bag when bring #1 out.

cherryale : u juz reminded me of the zoo! hehe... hb promised to bring the kids there end of last year... up to now, promise still not fulfilled... gonna remind him again...

travel wise, gotta wait till sch hols... cos eldest is in Pri sch liao, cannot skip sch.

I think Ashley may be juz petite, ok de... my MIL used to babysit a gal.. oso very petite 1.. she stucked at 9kg for a looong looong time... then went pri sch that time, fell down fm stairs.. cos she so small size &amp; the sch bag so heavy... she's a pretty young lady now... very very pretty &amp; healthy.

sperzz : 36 sets of clothes sound very drama... haha... caden doesn't hv that many clothes oso... hee...

btw, wanna chk with you, what;s the name of the nice pizza that u recommended last time? isit sarpino?

Laugh: that's what my friend brought along during our KL trip. It really comes in handy....when we took our flight back, her son actually pee in the bag when the aircraft was descending!

wah, so zhun, u all talk about holiday, my hubby just now asked me to plan for 1... I'm half happy, at least he got think about going family holiday, but how come I plan not he plan leh ?

mgteo: that's the way the job is split mah....hahaha the Genting trip oso i do the checking everything plus my ofc can call overseas so can do the booking here so i do everything....bill come i claim from him :p

ann: let him hv 2 opts like that (too many they tends to get confused...heehee) must hv opts so he wun feel we purposely choose the more expensive package too....lol that's for my case lah

mgteo: sometimes i also think leh, if next time our kids are toilet trained...then when they saw want to pee means want to pee immediate one rite..
then if outside toilet dirty dunno how huh?

kekeke...my hb planned for the trips and also pay for the flights one...
but expenses i must pay myself la..
i hate planning...

mercs: ours is boy, stand up pee. dirty also can pee. do big business more mafan only...

i also hate planning, hb does planning + paying. haha

mercs: that's why always bring a plastic bag with you when they are toilet trained. Boy so good hor... sigh...we all girls so troublesome!

Wa...you all vely good huh...HB plans and pays...

ni: ya hor...how come i keep thinking sit down and pee huh...
then if put put how? must sit down...then dirty also must use?? or must bring many many tissue out always??

come to think of it, actually he used to plan all our trips one leh so as to protect his pocket ma... so I find it weird this time he ask me to plan... mmm i think he is starting to outsource some work to me lor.... nowadays I will plan our outings in terms of timing cos I know leon's schedule better ma... but he will think of where to go and all that...

afcai: From my kids' experience, children will be able to remember their trips from about 18mths - or as soon as they have a reasonable vocabulary range. I remember reading somewhere that memory starts functioning effectively once their linguistic abilities reaches a certain level (# of words), cos our memories are stored in words?

Both my older kids can remember trips taken after they are 18mths. Anything before that, they rely entirely on photographs. So 18-23mths is a perfect time to bring them on trips as they are only charged 10% for flight tickets.

I'm only paying about $160 + taxes for #3's flight to OZ... cheap! #2 is only slightly older &amp; about the same size as #3, but her ticket will put us back by almost $1k lol...

gelato: We are in the same predicament! Hahaha... but this time round, HB insisted we are going to try handling the 3 entirely on our own - yeah! Honestly, I dunno how we are going to manage #2 &amp; #3 on the 7-8hr long flight. But I believe we will be able to do it.

A psychatrist shared that handling kids is like handling animals - if we show them that we are confident &amp; able to manage them, they will tend to act up less.

Then we always see some mums with their strings of 3, 4, 5 &amp; sometimes even more young kids using the public transport. I really marvel at their parenting skills. Then I asked my mother-of-5-colleague how she manages her do-re-mi-fa-so brood; she told me - Just Do It! Can one, have confidence in yourself.

Remember, about a year ago, I said I wanted to learn to manage all 3 kids on my own... I think I am heading that way. *smile*

Anyway, this trip is going to be just US, minus the grands. Since my PILs moving in with us 2 years back, we've been on numerous trips with them in tow... occasionally even with my side, so we have had plenty of mega group trips. Now will be our very first family trip - just the 5 of us... yeah!

I keep toying with bringing the maid along, but HB insists we'll be able to manage on our own. So we may go for a litmus test this weekend - USS without the maid.

sperzz: I prefer to travel light (especially if we have to handle the kids), so I usually pack only 1 set of clothes/day for the kids. For #1, I pack as much for her as I pack for us adults, nothing extra. For the 2 younger ones, I pack 2 extra sets - 1 in the luggage &amp; another in the day bag.

My HB's practice is to pack based on what we think we need, then remove 1/3 of it! This is especially for longer trips of beyond 5 days. I remember when we went Europe, I insisted on bringing along for fear of the cold weather. He lets me bring mine &amp; #1's stuffs but insisted I remove half of his. In the end, we really ended up using only half of what I brought... ops...

Now, I just adopt HB's mindset - we are there to enjoy, dun b bogged down by heavy luggage or the burden of having to look after excess luggage.. at worse, just buy new sets of clothing if we really ran out.

For our OZ trip this Jun, we are planning to make use of laundry services available. No need to lug so much clothings. In fact, I'm considering weaning the 2 younger ones off milk intake in the day time or to give fresh milk. Then we won't have to lug thermos &amp; milk bottles etc. Just leave at hotel &amp; feed in morning &amp; night only. That would lighten up our day bag by a lot more... kekeke.. cos water bottles for 3 kids plus ourselves is already quite a load.

Diapers &amp; milk/snacks supplies wise, I tend to bring slightly more - for fear that the kids may not get used to what's available at the destination.

Then if hygiene is a concern, can consider getting those sanitised disposable cover for toilet seats, those that u just place on top of the seats so our bums do not come into contact with the public toilet.

So exciting, your trip is just another day away!

morning mummies!!

me so happy today....finally settled the maid issues liao n most likely she'll be coming in nxt wk :) fast hor...hahaha

my hb oso normally plans for the trips lah....from tix to hotel to itinerary n of coz paying but this time round he's the busy man n i'm the super duper free girl in the ofc plus i can make FOC overseas call here....hahaha so arranging will be done by me lor....n guessed what, he actually trf me back the hotel money (which was paid by my card instead coz his card BURST liao :p)

now i hv to wait for 1 more wk to be able to get out of s'pore.....hahaha can't wait to go Genting

Suika: Nice! Enjoy your trip!

I'm the 'planner' while my HB is the ez-going guy. So I've been planning all the details since we got together. His stand is: as long as he's going with me &amp; I'm happy, he doesn't really care where he goes or what he does. He has been like that for the last 15 years.

Sometimes, I do get frustrated... especially when I'm always the one planning for everything - kids' appts, family commitments, weekends, etc. But look on the bright side, I hardly get objections... kekeke... unless serious clash of schedule.

Sperzz: Yes, try to go off-peak - less crowd, more fun. We went during the Mar hols &amp; spent a fair bit of time queuing lol. But FIL says already not too bad, he says during his Dec trip was much worse.

As for milk, since it's a long trip for you, &amp; if you are staying put at 1 hotel, might want to consider bringing the entire can - more hygienic. I'm a little paranoid about ziplock bags - cos not sure if 100% sterile. Especially if you are going to use it for so many days. Also, durability of ziplock - if small hole how? Wait milk lao hong le.

Can bring clean ziplock to pack the daily supply of FM to bring out la, but if for entire trip, may still want to consider bringing the can. Cos yours is long trip ma.

Back