(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

Daymoon: It is all depend on budget and the flavour of the month. The current flavour of the month in most shop is Canon 500D. However, if you are looking at Canon 500D, the good comparison will be Nikon D3000 rather than D5000.

I'm a Nikon user and thus, I share with you that Nikon is better. It is easier to use. I find Nikon is built with user's friendliness in mind. Just like iphone. I find Canon is like Motorola. I can never get it right.
biggrin.gif
Again, it is just my preference.

There are mummies here who used Nikon and there are who used Canon.

Hope this help.

ni
I'm wondering is it ok to go for those simple slimming session as in they apply hot cream, massage and hot blanket etc. Don't know can do or not.

Positive Babies

date: 5 Sept
time: 2pm (Confirm)
Trail class: $25
http://www.positivefocus.com.sg/babies.htm

1) snow
2) bunny
3) dink
4) kim
5) gwen - 3pm
6) mgteo - 3pm
7) flo
8) chere
9) EmQ - tbc (cos #2 has Little Gym at 4.45pm)
10)
11)
12)

Gwen and mgteo,
I had just call up, they cannot give us the 3pm slot as they had already a confirm class on going every sat at 3pm.
Are you ok with the 2pm classes?

Btw, they are giving us additional 10% off if about 5 mummies sign their positive babies class on the spot.

mgteo: exactly, mus book early next year... my hubby oso NS in Navy - bingo... but he got another theory - v shiok to see other people maintain the ship while u relax cos last time onboard means work mah...

cherryale/ni: then i confirmed is auntie..coz i go wet market every sat to buy food...the fish and seafood there are much fresher and cheaper leh...
i dont like shop & save/giant food leh..not fresh one..
ntuc/cold storage better..but i will only buy like butternut, peas from there, vege i still prefer wet market.

mgteo: i work in hong leong building...near lau pa sat...u leh?

Sus: I'd suggest change flight... cos to go long distance without bassinet is super siong.. even with bassinet, bb will fuss, etc... at least with it, u can rest a little when flight is ok in mid-air & bb sleep.

mercs: same here. Don't like shop and save and giant. Always go to cold storage or ntuc. I'll put the meat and fish from wet market. But normally i'll get my mum to buy. hee!

mercs: i also auntie. I go wet market on saturdays or fridays. since my MIL shifted to live with us, she complained the wet market near my place is very expensive. she suggested going to chinatown to do wet marketing. seafood is much cheaper there, 1kg of big big prawns abt $12-$14.

cheekygal : re the design for no mess mat, i hv no preference. moreover, i m packed with meetings tis whole week.. may not be able to catch up with posts here... so u decide for me ok. Thanks! =)

kelly: ya... pork from wet market and supermarket taste different one u knw...wet market one taste nicer...
usually i will go market to buy...can buy in smaller quantity also...

mercs: the pork from supermarket is from Oz.
wet market is from Indo usually, bit more exp. but the color and texture is nicer.

gelato: no prob. we will decide when the mat arrives.

mercs: ya hor...i almost forgotten that

ni: NTUC got....but not everyday got this fish...

sperzz: btw, this sat that 1 is it confirm?

wow, we have got so many hardworking mummies here!!! i am so ashamed of myself! must set my ass down to cook porridge for kyan this weekend! any east mummies wan to go market with me? cherry? kelly? heee

mercs
I'm at Standard Chartered Building. We can meet at Raffles Exchange, is it convenient for you?

ann
So coincident..your hb also from Navy. Ya I know what you mean. Hopefully he will change his mind.

is there any nutritional value in using meat stock for porridge? I cook porridge with sweet potato and ikan bilis powder, tasted very sweet and nice too.

snow, thanks for organising the trial for positive babies. See you and your sweetie on 5 sep.

oh btw, the class will be held at Baby Breeze at Square 2 ?

suika, this Sat class is confirm...

I need the details for the class for Sat at Stage n Such. mothers pls pm me the detail:

Parent Name
email
Hp
Child name
DOB

cherry how come if pregnant then got to stop breastfeeding huh? also the mummies when they got pregnant did their menses arrive when they are still breastfeeding? i wonder how to know if you are pregnant when we are still breastfeeding and menses have not arrive?

mercsboy breastfeed for 1 yo after dat can start fresh milk liao!!! save on tin milk hehe...

sus i thk for car seat u need to buy and extra seat on the plane for baby wor... not sure also, but i heard my galfren mention before.. hmmm

mgteo: lets plan a lunch with the mummies working in raffles place ok? can eat at asian kitchen at republic plaza? pinkie? daymoon? bbstarlet? chere??

novakido: fresh milk as in like HL, meiji type ma? cold cold also can give ah??
interesting..

chere: meat think got iron...but eventually u will have to intro meat to baby rite...u cant always ikan bilis and sweet potato ma..rite?

sus, if you want to bring car seat, there are only a few types that you can bring onboard. Here are some info that I extract from SIA website. Hope it's useful.

Child Car Seat
The use of booster seats is prohibited.

Approved car-type child seats may be used for child under three years but not less than six months of age. The seat must be approved by a foreign airworthiness authority or government (E.g. UK CAA, FAA, or ECE) or manufactured under the standards of the United Nations. The seat must be forward facing and secured to the aircraft passenger seat by means of the aircraft safety belt.
Child harness approved by FAA is also accepted for use on the aircraft. However, not all models may be fitted on our First and Business Class seats. You may wish to contact our Singapore Airlines office for more details.

Manufacturing standards and instructions must be provided by the customer to our ground staff and crew for reference. Usage of child car seat and child harness on board is subject to all child safety seat requirements. Both cannot be installed on seats in the emergency exit rows as well as the rows immediately before and after it.

My MIL just started to intro fish (threadfin) to bb. I only prepare his meals on sat and sun. Spinach has iron too right? I dun cook so buying a small portion of meat to cook like very ley chey. But i think i will try soon. The first time i attempt to cook porridge.... FAILED. hahaha.. i added too much water. Cooked for a few hours still so watery. So silly.

dazed...u mean similac changing again? packaging only? they just did only wor...hopefully by then even wif price increase would have progress to step 3....but then again gain most likely will have price increase too....

chere: go wet market can buy spinach in small quantity...that day i bought 3 stalks only..
but spinach blend look yucky lor, i find...
wonder how come baby like it...kekeke

cheekygal...if still in time, pls add in my order otherwise it's alrite...thanks ya

munchin no mess mat $16
1) bunny
2) blessedmum
3) cheekygal
4) gelato
5) novakido
6) dazed
7) ann
8) Kelly
9) sperzz
10) piyo

mercs, i buy spinach from sheng siong. Pre-packed already. Yah, very dark green. I mixed a very small amount to his rice cereal, else majiam eating grass cereal. It looks yucky but taste not bad.

mgteo, mercs on leave leh.

chere/mgteo: how about next thursday?? we go asian kitchen at republic plaza? maybe at 12.15pm?
pinkie/daymoon/bbstarlet: u all can join??

chere: spinach rite...there are 2 kinds, one kind from china, one kind from malaysia...i think malaysia one look more fresh...

chere: spinach puree tho looks yucky but it really taste and smells good
happy.gif

i have intro cayden to fish porridge.. yes use threadfin.. moved on to pork porridge today.. will be doing chicken later the week

i also use the pork stock/ veg stock to add to porridge or add silver fish or grinded ikan bilis for more taste.

Next thurs ok.

mercs, so chim ah. spinach also got different kinds. I just buy the pack that has the label: Spinach. I will choose the freshest looking pack. wahlao.. u must teach me more on marketing .

Positive Babies

date: 5 Sept
time: 2pm (Confirm)
Trial class: $25
http://www.positivefocus.com.sg/babies.htm

1) snow
2) bunny
3) dink
4) kim
5) gwen - 3pm
6) flo
7) chere
8) EmQ - tbc (cos #2 has Little Gym at 4.45pm)
9) polkadotty
10)
11)
12)

polkadotty,
You are welcom

chere,
Ya see you next sat...
I think is at
Baby Breeze
10 sinaran Drive
#03 – 85/86/87 Square 2
Singapore 307506
But check out again... Sorry for me begin a sotong...

blessedmum, do u grind the silver fish? Btw, when to add ikan bilis, together with the rice grains or later with the grains are cooked?

ni: if u want to get silverfish or all kind of ikan bilis, can go si ma lu there to buy...
the price there is much cheaper...and many varieties..
smaller ikan bilis, u can buy jap ones, smaller and whiter, it is not so saltish...
or u can use fresh silverfish, can buy at ntuc or wet market, but per box around $1+2+

chere: ya...malaysia ones are shorter...china ones are longer

ni: silver fish i got see it at ntuc b4.. machiam like fish but its v tiny, size like ikan bilis size.. but its fresh not dried up..

ikan bilis powder ah.. lol not sure can buy,, but i fried the ikan bilis liao then grind into powder..

chere: i didnt grind the silver fish.. had planned to intro a more coarse texture to cayden, so i jus minced it up finely and throw in.. usu if i use silver fish, i wont add ikan bilis liao.. er i throw in together w rice grains, other ingredients add later.. maybe u shd ask mercs.. im not expert in cooking!

hi mummies,

are you talking abt the step 2 push ard buggy?
Toy's r us having sale now. S$89.95.. I just went to buy it during lunch time... i bought at vivo city branch. they have 2 pink and 3 red outside... not sure if they have more stock inside... just for your info

ni: those ikan bilis powder which can buy outside are processed one leh..dont think suitable for baby...
home made one better, but i think also hard work, coz need to wash the ikan bilis, dry it then fried it..

how about using ikan bilis stock? should be easier..just wash, dump into bag and cook..then use the stock to cook porridge??

Back