(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

hi all!

would love to join in the gathering but having early reunion dinner on the 7th and have something on the 6th too. You all have fun!

tina: hMm my gal have been having various type of cheese, including cream cheese (usually with baked potato or spinach). I dont know, i think after 1 yr old.. she is whacking abit of everything, except prawns, shellfish and nut. But i gave her some peanut/pork porridge and she was fine - i think i may try peanut butter also. :p

Morning ladies...i'm ok on sat too...

Polliwogs @ 2pm
Sat 6 Feb

1. tamms
2. Xiao Pooh + Jermaine
3. santorini
4. iemik0
5. Phyl
6. bur
7. kath
8. merydith
9. jess
10. jowinbaby
11. LuthAdel
12. 2ndbb
13. joanne81

Sun 7 Feb

1. tamms
2. Xiao Pooh + Jermaine
3. santorini
4. iemik0
5. phyl
6. bur
7. ivy
8. LuthAdel

Ok....

I need to close the list for the playdate soon because was thinking to have lunch first and then we proceed to polliwogs....

I suggest that we have lunch at Scrumptious Cafe at turf city where they serve pasta, pizza, all day breakfast....they have an indoor playground for the kids .....We can thus eat in peace.....

Therefore, as the turnout might be quite big, i would like to make a reservation at around 1230pm for lunch...so ladies, please put your name down if you can make it....I would close the list by Sunday night, o.k? Those who can make it to polliwogs at 2 but cannot make it for lunch, kindly indicate, otherwise I will count you in for lunch....Thanks

Yo Tara.. wish to have lunch with u gals.. but have something on. so will see u gals at polliwogs ba. *winks*

Polliwogs @ 2pm
Sat 6 Feb

1. tamms
2. Xiao Pooh + Jermaine
3. santorini
4. iemik0
5. Phyl
6. bur
7. kath
8. merydith
9. jess
10. jowinbaby
11. LuthAdel
12. 2ndbb
13. joanne81
14. Fabbie (polliwogs)

oh...i just realised that some of the hbs might be joining.....so please indicate...if the number turns out to be big....and the cafe cannot accomodate us, we might have to change venue, though we dont have many choices at turf city...

i also welcome any suggestions on venues....

Polliwogs @ 2pm
Sat 6 Feb

1. tamms
2. Xiao Pooh + Jermaine
3. santorini
4. iemik0
5. Phyl
6. bur
7. kath
8. merydith
9. jess
10. jowinbaby
11. LuthAdel (Lunch - HB,monster & me)
12. 2ndbb
13. joanne81
14. Fabbie (polliwogs)

Polliwogs @ 2pm
Sat 6 Feb

1. tamms
2. Xiao Pooh + Jermaine
3. santorini
4. iemik0
5. Phyl
6. bur
7. kath
8. merydith
9. jess
10. jowinbaby
12. 2ndbb
13. joanne81
14. Fabbie, ZY & HB (no lunch)

Polliwogs @ 2pm
Sat 6 Feb

1. tamms
2. Xiao Pooh + Jermaine
3. santorini
4. iemik0
5. Phyl
6. bur
7. kath
8. merydith
9. jess
10. jowinbaby ( no lunch)
12. 2ndbb
13. joanne81

Hi Santorini
Going to turf city for lunch and back to polliwogs seem abit far for us
happy.gif
So we meet straight at polliwogs
happy.gif

How much is it per entry for polliwogs? went there b4 to take a look, think that older kids ie 3 and above will hv more fun there. might not be so suitable for 1+ year olds.

Fidgets: $8 per entry, $1 goes to charity Spastic Childrens Association of Singapore. Hv not been there b4 so can't tell...

Tamms
Also $8. Admission of 2 adults n 1 children under 2yrs old. Been there once before, i think its quite ok for 1 yr old. If they can walk already, its more fun

Santorini,
thanks for the advice will try Cottage cheese. Do you mix Cottage cheese with other food?

aurorin,
I also gave my gal lotus peanut soup with rice was fine. How do you serve cream cheese with potato and spinach?

hihi havent posted here in awhile....been super tied up at work last 2 wks...wasnt good.....rough time...anyway, just glad issues have been settle...or so i hope..

Now having the "time of the mth" again..sian....who says after giving birth wun get cramps ....argh...

i wan join the gathering on 6th feb too, can?? hope not too late..

Polliwogs @ 2pm
Sat 6 Feb

1. tamms
2. Xiao Pooh + Jermaine
3. santorini
4. iemik0
5. Phyl
6. bur
7. kath
8. merydith
9. jess
12. 2ndbb
13. joanne81
15. Pastillies (lunch -HB,bb & me)

tamms,
i havent been to polliwogs but seen the other mummies who took photos there, seems not too bad. Fidgets only has a very small area for babies to play. The bigger playarea is more suitable for older kids (rougher kids).

ohh Paiseh everyone...i made such a big boo boo

i thought polliwogs is at turf city which is why i fixed lunch at turf city...how did i ever get the idea that polliwogs is at turf city....hmmm..

we shall have lunch at east coast then...as i am not from the east...i do not know what are f&b outlets there....

so jo..you can still join us for lunch if you want...

tina, usually i cook veggie soup with pasta and add ricotta cheese or cottage cheese into the soupy pasta....my baby loves it

goodness, ....

so do we want to go to fidgets or polliwogs?

tamms
yeah i guess i got confused between fidgets and polliwogs....

fabbie you brought zy to polliwogs recently? did she enjoy herself...?

Tara
YUp.. she been there 2 times liao. 1st time abit blur blur.. 2nd time she very happy quite free and easy will go and climb here and there. wheres fidgets? fun bo?

Tamms
not say suit or suit lar just that we still got to watch out our baby. cus some kids are really quite "chor" so much watch out.

Polliwogs @ 2pm
Sat 6 Feb

1. tamms
2. Xiao Pooh+Jermaine+Hubby (No Lunch)
3. santorini
4. iemik0
5. Phyl
6. bur
7. kath
8. merydith
9. jess
12. 2ndbb
13. joanne81

Polliwogs @ 2pm
Sat 6 Feb

1. tamms
3. santorini
4. iemik0
5. Phyl
6. bur
7. kath
8. merydith
9. jess
11. LuthAdel (no lunch)
12. 2ndbb
13. joanne81

Santorini

I m ok with either Fidgets or Polliwogs. I oso heard that Royce Gym is nice as well?

But if we go Polliwogs and eat lunch at Turf, abit out of the way leh..ltr my hb 'kill' me..hehe

Polliwogs @ 2pm
Sat 6 Feb

1. tamms
3. santorini
4. iemik0
5. Phyl
6. bur
7. kath (no lunch)
8. merydith
9. jess
11. LuthAdel (no lunch)
12. 2ndbb
13. joanne81

Playdate?! I wanna join but next wkend is out for me. Its our family's event of the year. Making pineapple tarts weekend! ahaha..

Enjoy urself gals! =P

i still cannot confirm if i am able to make it on sat, really wanna meet up with u all before i POP...another 18 more days!!

so where is the playdate??at polliwogs or fidgets??if at polliwogs think i will have to arrange for transport....so far!!

so stress...going for next check up on next tuesday...the last check i havent dilate...

going to sleep...have class tml!!arghhhh...tired!!

ehh u all cut n paste n forgot abt me
sad.gif

1. tamms
3. santorini
4. iemik0
5. Phyl
6. bur
7. kath (no lunch)
8. merydith
9. jess
11. LuthAdel (no lunch)
12. 2ndbb
13. joanne81
15. pastillies

Feel like joining u all for the playdate as well.. But haven't done my CNY shopping leh.. Hmmm.. So tempting..

For the past 2 days, dunno what happened to my little girl. She keep falling down. On wednesday at my mil's place (for dinner) she lost her footing and i was too slow to catch hold of her. She fell when she tried to walk down the stairs (only 2 steps) and rolled down.. *sigh!* Mummy's fault.. Then after that while feeding her yoghurt, she pulled the coffee table cloth, slipped and knocked against the coffee table (at my mil's place, there's no highchair for her). She bleed at the mouth. We saw a small cut at the tongue.. Then yesterday morning, at my bedroom, she tripped over my leg and hit her head on our laminated flooring.. at night, she held onto my cabinet drawer (lower 2 drawer), like going to climb, just when we kept our eyes away from her for a minute, she fell again.. *sigh!* But after crying for awhile, it's as though nothing has happened and she's back to climbing here and there.. -_-"

Hi Fong
I think its quite common for them to keep falling down especially at this stage. We have to really keep an eye on them as they are very agile and active now.. As they can walk and run already.

Ashlynne also kept on falling down.. Same as Valerie, she also rolled down the staircase before 2 steps. Had a big baluku on her forehead..

Climbed onto my study desk and fell from it. thank god that i caught her in time but enough to scare her and she cried.. Next day, seem that she totally forget this experience and climbed up again..

There are alot alot different sorts of accident.. Sigh...

I suggest that you have to remove your coffee table cloth, she may just pull and everything will come smashing down and all sort of dangerous things , like stools by the window etc...
sad.gif

I experienced Ashlynne be a flying bat woman.. when she "fly" from the sofa... GOSH!!

Fong2,
That's why our little ones are called toodlers and not babies anymore...
happy.gif

It's pretty normal for toodlers to fall down (http://www.whattoexpect.com/toddler/behavior/clumsiness.aspx) esp since their co-ordination is not there yet. But try to minimise accidents such as putting safety gates at stairs and folding up the table cloth (just in case items on the table hit her while she's pulling the cloth)...

I really had to work doubly hard to "child-proof" my very child-unfriendly home... She recently opened the cupboard door and slamed it close on her fingers, then cried like crazy. Haiz... And hb & I were standing there staring at her play with the cupboard doors...

ARGH! talk abt stools next to window... I think I need to get metal grills fixed up... Anyone with a reliable contractor (Charge reasonable price & still got quality) to recommend?

Jowin/Snowger - It's at my mil's place. My mil always had that table cloth on her coffee table.. I can't tell her to remove that.. We just had to make sure to keep an eye on her.. *sigh!*

At our place, we had shifted our coffee table since Valerie had knocked her teeth against it last mth. Thank God, her teeth is still there.. -_-"

Jowin - Whoa, so scary! Flying bat woman!

Snowger - Ya lor, my place also very child-unfriendly.. Valerie loves to pull and push my sliding kitchen glass door..

fong n snowger
yup. i had alot of childproofing done cos my mum house is a masionette. I have to gate up the kitchen,the staircase etc. Remove the coffee table and dining cloth..and bought all the child lock for drawers , cabinet and doors.. Whole house turn very ugly with all these.. but no choice la...

I have not gotten the anti slip mat for the bathing room... its so slippery . N now, Ashlynne can slide the door herself and get in.. although i told her umpteen times that its a forbidden area.

Ya manz.. cos she stood on the sofa and keep jumping. Lost her balance n came "flying" down.. landed flat on her face.. cried madly lor...

Her recent hobbies.. pull out the shoes from our shoes cabinet and try to wear them.. and even throw her toys of the the main gate !!!!!! I think she trying to trick us opening the gate.. as once i open to pick her toys, she will try to dash out and walk towards the lift... AIYO!!!

snowger, jowinbaby, fong2 ...

wa, and we all have GIRLS leh (lol!).. Calista also LOVES to climb. big headache when she's awake. she will climb up the dining chair to reach the dining table to see what's on it to grab.

Always have to keep scolding her/smacking her and putting her on the floor.

but ya la, cos they are walking and running here and there all the time, bound to trip at least once or twice.

I can't join in for the playdate liao..forgotten got hubby's frd house invitation on that day..

Amended the list as below..

1. tamms
2. pastillies
3. santorini
4. iemik0
5. Phyl
6. bur
7. kath (no lunch)
8. merydith
9. jess
11. LuthAdel (no lunch)
12. 2ndbb
13. joanne81

You all enjoy k
happy.gif

hehe.. my son dunno how to walk but he also always got knocks here and there.. n i dunno y it is always at his right cheek. Poor cheek, forever bruises..haha.

For us, we never open the grill, it's forever locked, even the windows is forever locked. I m paranoid abt the dust at home so onie the kitchen window will be open at nite but i always make sure the other windows are all locked! My house is pretty child-safe except for dining table which i alr place the Ikea corner protector. we even got the door stopper in case he wanna slam the door..bathroom tiles are anti-slip type, our kitchen cabinet installed blum system so it will close slowly n he will not get his fingers stuck in between. Only hazard is the oven!!! Im still trying to find a place to put it esp when i m baking..dun want him accidentally touching the hot surface or pull down the whole thing! Shudder when i tink of it.

maureen, we need to install window grills too!!!pls let me know if u got a good contractor...thanks!

Kath, i am going to install safety gates at my kitchen door so that cidney can't get in but can still see me..

toliet is another fav plc for cidney...she loves to open the toliet bowl cover..faintz...

zachmommy,

install a baby gate at the entrance of your kitchen. best thing I ever bought. cheap also. Lindam $69 only. So for me, the only "dangerous" place now is the dining table and chairs .. how to get rid of those?? need to eat there wat. lol.

window grilles become a part of your life once u have kids. no choice. When we bought our place, it was the only time I saw the windows without the grilles ... after that, damn sad ... grilles on every window. lol !

i wonder how much my contractor will charge but i fix my window grill for $800..it is not those hdb type of white/black grill. Mine is silver color..i tink not bad lar.. fix it for living, kitchen and all 3 bedroom.

bur, i wish i can fix it at the kitchen entrance..thr's no stopping that boy. if he cant get in, he will scream till he gets his way..

sam, i also got the lindam one at $69 , plus extension at $21...got it for kitchen n staircase.. its a good buy.. can swing open the door

Kath
ya.. ashlynne also stand at the gate n scream.. poke her fat thighs into the bars, got it stuck there n make noise.. haha... but then, i let her scream until she sian n walked away herself.. better than she go into the kitchen.. one time i saw her trying to touch the stove...lucky there is no cooking on it.. My mum's stove quite low down like waist level.

zachmommy,

aiya .. all kids will try to get their way. We as parents just have to stand firm la. Put the gate, sure he'll yell but like Jowin says, after a while, he'll have to live with it. :p of course, just have to endure the noise first la.

Jowin,

hahahah your description is damn farneeee. Ya, when I first placed the gate at the kitchen, Calista complained too. Now she bo pian. But if she sees it open, she will make a mad sprint for it. hahahahahah.

good rite the gate? so cheap the price. long ago, baby gates were seriously MORE EX. NOw damn reasonable.

We would like to join too! Better to let my monkey daughter exhaust herself there.. :p

Polliwogs @ 2pm
Sat 6 Feb

1. tamms
2. pastillies
3. santorini
4. iemik0
5. Phyl
6. bur
7. kath (no lunch)
8. merydith
9. jess
11. LuthAdel (no lunch)
12. 2ndbb
13. joanne81
15. Fong2 (no lunch)

urgh...tried fixing the safety first gates with extn to my kitchen door, but the doorway is too wide...even with the extn...sigh...gotta get either more extn or another gate...in the end, i fix the gate at the doorway of my cat's door, and he happily jus walk out! cause the gaps are too wide, then i add in one panel of the extn..hahaha..

Hi ladies,
We want to join.
I'm busy with CNY preparation but think of let my boy have fun at polliwogs.
happy.gif

Polliwogs @ 2pm
Sat 6 Feb

1. tamms
2. pastillies
3. santorini
4. iemik0
5. Phyl
6. bur
7. kath (no lunch)
8. merydith
9. jess
11. LuthAdel (no lunch)
12. 2ndbb
13. joanne81
15. Fong2 (no lunch)
16. Little_rabbit(no lunch)

Polliwogs (ECP) @ 2pm
Sat 6 Feb

1. tamms
2. pastillies
3. santorini+ emma
4. iemik0
5. Phyl+hayden (bur, tara.. i follow u 2.. keke)
6. bur+ nini + HB
7. kath (no lunch)
8. merydith
9. jess
11. LuthAdel (no lunch)
12. 2ndbb
13. joanne81
15. Fong2 (no lunch)

hmm.. seems like u gals not keen on lunchie.. me, bur and tara will find a place to eat n will post here to let u gals know.. then if u gals wanna join just come find us.

so confirm POLLIWOGS at ECP. okok?

Polliwogs (ECP) @ 2pm
Sat 6 Feb

1. tamms + hb + olivia
2. pastillies
3. santorini+ emma
4. iemik0
6. bur+ nini + HB
7. kath (no lunch)
8. merydith
9. jess
11. LuthAdel (no lunch)
12. 2ndbb
13. joanne81
15. Fong2 (no lunch)

jowin, pas, fabbie,

ok sounds like polliwogs is more fun for our kiddos. Not sure if we'll be having lunch... gal normally sleeps till 1+ so we'll prob join in only for the fun

I'm going to order Fitti Premium, anyone wants to share? planning to take only 1 carton, min order 2 cartons.

Here is our February promotion for Fitti, please fill in the form and take note of the terms and conditions.

FITTI PREMIUM 25% OFF ORDER FORM

Name :
Address :
NRIC :
Baby's Name :
Baby's DOB :
Contact No. :
Email :
Order : NB52's / S48's / M44's / L38's / XL34's
Qty
(6 PACKS /CTN) :

For mixing is 3 packs by 3 packs per carton, no more or less.
Payment is on cash on delivery, we will call 1 day before delivery to arrange timing.

* Delivery will take 3 to 4 working days.
* Minimum order of 2 cartons.
* Limited to 3 cartons per customer.
* Please note there will be no refund or exchange.
* Price is $66 from NB - XL sizes per carton.
* Promotion last till 31st March 2010.
* Delivery available on the weekdays only.

Hi ladies,
Sorry we can't make it for Polliwogs this weekend as we have IKEA delivery :S

Have fun and take lots of pics!

Here's the updated list without us.

Polliwogs (ECP) @ 2pm
Sat 6 Feb

1. tamms + hb + olivia
2. pastillies
3. santorini+ emma
4. iemik0
6. bur+ nini + HB
7. kath (no lunch)
8. merydith
9. jess
11. 2ndbb
12. joanne81
13. Fabbie, ZY & HB (no lunch)
14. Fong2 (no lunch)
15. Little_rabbit(no lunch)

Back