(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

Photoshoot:
Wow the photoshoot sounds very worth lei.. I also wan to go and take photoshoot. But i was thinking when baby Ervin turns 1. Till date we dun have any family photos also.

If have good lobang on photoshoot let me knw ok. I wan to take for my 2 boys. hee.
 


Cindy.. erm.. sound young to me but my image of nanny should be of a age liao hee hee.. anyway which block?? previously we see one in blk 232.. but don know her name..

however.. if she is taking care of 2 babies already.. i think it is not recommended.. even if it is only 1 at the moment and plus urs 2.. i think not a good idea too.. i feel babies tends to follow each other crying.. and if her other two babies cry, will jordan cries also?? and if all cry at the same time.. of course she cannot all carry.. and also feeding time clashes also a problem right..

but then IFC.. the one i saw before is at the central above the hdb branch there.. although there looks fine.. but the ratio is also like 1 to 3 babies.. and of course got to think of the timing to bring and get our little one back.. after 7pm each min late is $1 i think.. and if no transport.. will be like walking all the way to and fro.. raining is another issue..

okie it seems like i am telling you all what i had been through beginning of the year when I was figuring what to do with alvon.. ha ha
 
fabbie, me got 77 softcopies keke..think cos we keep changing his clothes..haha.

ypg, got leh..Alvin also ask Gerard why he so grumpy..keke.faint..I am the one before u..

Little Rachel: same here, Gerard also bang his head but luckily it laid on the bear legs! haha

Now got problem choosing pix!
 
hey yvonne,

Think the nanny is staying at block 232..is she taking care of 2 babies? If i send jordan there he will be the 2nd baby but then i want him to have full attention like now.. for the other baby, she told me she takes care of him/her since he/she was 2 months old, so for sure she will sayang the bb more.. If he/she cries i'm sure she will attend to him/her first instead of jordan..
sad.gif
How? Am i worried too much?

U r talking abt Nissi IFC above HDB office right..i went to ask liao, the fee is $585 and it's from 7am to 7pm..from my house it is within walking distance la but if morning if i rush to work whr got time to send jordan there... it's very convenient for me now cos the nanny (rather, their maid) stays sama block as me.. sigh..

How is ur maid/helped at the moment?
 
ohh.. i think we could be talking about the same nanny.. is she at level 10?? that time i asked she also taking care of 1, a gal by now should be around 8 months if i don remmeber wrongly..

she also told my hubby if want her to look after best to start very early.. so she will know how our little one temper are.. the crying concern is one of mine as well when we are considering her.. u not worrking too much la.. just that we often think what we feel is best for our little one.. best is still the nanny is taking care of only jordan right..

but to think again.. if she really has no baby, can we like set a rule saying she cannot take in 2nd baby and look after jordan only?? i don think so.. end up she may not wish to look after jordan with this rule stopping her earning more..

nissi.. think so... right place.. ya is walking distance but is really inconvenient if u don drive.. you got to push pram daily from mon to fri there and rush back home, u still got to take care of baby.. with that amount of fee.. it is about same as helper maid at home.. that why we settled this big problem when alvon is around 3 months old..

my helper... up to now.. she is okie.. in fact.. i feel she really help me a lot since she is here.. although she never take care of babies before, we just teach her and now 3 months passed.. we almost leave her with baby at times at home when we both working.. I can just say up to now.. lucky me.. so far nothing had happened
happy.gif
 
morning ladies
on EL todae as lil Jayzon abit feverish. so left bb Kayson wif my aunt n look afta d elder one.

pastillies
i add u to FB k. =)

bbpearl
gerard veri cute!

heard of ABC clinic. my insurance agent recommend. hehe. i go Dr Sim coz nearer to us. now his attitude slightly beta la. in fact, i juz came back from his clinic den he call mi a kancheong mummy. haha. all becoz hubby find Jayzon condition getting worst so ask mi bring him back to c dr. idiot one lei.

photoshoot
u gers got a good deal! its reali cheap compared to others. hehe.

im bringing my bois to my mummy's workplace to get them taken at end of the mth. hope it turns out well too. =)
 
Ask you all ah.. WHICH stroller CLOSE with one hand and EASY keeping and OPening? IM thinking if i bring my gal out.. would wana use 1 hand to open and close the stroller. cus my another hand will have my gal. then another hand will have stroller liao

Photoshoot
why some of you all the package like different de? but little rabbit i like yours! 108 soft copy!? high res or low res?

Jowin
si mi somersult? got ya video anot? btw. thanks for the video. I tout its so big file cus its super lor. didnt know its so short only! hahahha but thanks! its very nice. hehe
 
ha ha about the littlegym somersult.. i had a shock too when I went the previous week..

however.. it becomes a common daddy and baby bonding time activity now.. and my little one really looks blur after the move but laughing happily..
 
Yvonne
I think we are talking abt the same nanny. Yea she is taking care of another bb and she is close to 8 mo liao...so how...i really dun wanna send him to IFC if i can..

Where did u get ur maid from? Which country is she from? U really fang xin to let her take care of ur bb alone?
 
rachel.. no choice de.. but one thing is.. my mil working near our place. so often she will drop by during her lunch time and also my in law is staying a floor below us so around evening time my mil will come up see see look look lo...
then my mother is having 2 or 3 days off in a week. so when she off, she will help me oversee also..

my helper from crislo.. from indo..

fang xin or not.. no choice.. who ask me pi ku yang yang, go get myself pregnant.. whahahhaa then also cannot don work.. need to support our expenses also.. both parents prefer to work..

eh tell you lo. previously when alvon not born yet.. i have a inlaw relatives living in little india who can help me take care baby day and nite but i bu ren xin leaving him there for the whole week and not been able to see and carry him lo.. ha ha

bu ren xin and bu fang xin.. i think fang xin is easier for my case..
 
Rachel,

If u leavin ur bb at home with maid .. I must instal CCTV.. At least u can log on from work and monitor the situation at home .. I guess that will mitigate risk .. and ur maid will some what think twice b4 she does anything to bb ..

But, again.. if we're nice to our maid, I doubt they have any reasons to be nasty to our bb .. I know Singtel has launch a new service .. u can check frm mobile as well when u r on the go ..

Just treat them like family member .. I do bribe my maid once in a while .. hahah , no choice .. my son is in her hand ....

ECHT,

Wow, thanks for ur compliment.. I wish I'm her .. I'm far frm tat .. pictures is deceiving .. hahahhaa
 
Evanmummy.. yes.. our little one in our helper hands.. my mil often tell me to lock the room door or whatever.. i often said "don need la.. my most precious one is in her hand liao" whahhaa

ya bribery.. my mother the best lo.. now my helper often ask me where is my mother when she is not at my place.. ha ha
 
littlevictoria and jappooh
added you liao

The photoshoot really makes me so gian to go and take sia! faints..
 
yvonne,

Ur so lucky to have ur mom/mil living so near u who can drop by anytime to check on the maid...for me i dun have as my family is in msia and my inlaws are in aus...i dun have anyone else in s'pore except my hubby n bb son. So i guess unless i can truly trust the maid (like the one taking care of him now), getting a maid is something i try not to..

Stella
I agree that if we treat the maid nice, the maid will be nice to us too, especially if we had to leave our precious bb in their care...
Bribe? How to? As in buy her clothes etc?
happy.gif


Fabbie
Go take la! The pics are very nice! I have another Sean Lau bb package in hand too. Gg to take it when jordan is 1 year old
happy.gif
 
wao rachel! still got Sean Lau package ar? I like his way of taking pics, very artistic, and Alvin one is more realistic type.

Can't upload Alvin's materpiece here as my parents want me to leave the CD with them last nite. Hee can't wait to post it here too!
 
rachel.. how much is ur sean lau bb package and what does it includes?? i am looking at the foto-u package to consider for 1 yr old this dec...

i have my hard times too.. how u started with the current one who is taking care of jordan?? somewhere u must have place ur trust on her also..
 
fabbie, go take lah...now zy getting big..take pix will be v nice.

rachel, u got sean lau bb packaage ah? advanced booking one? how much?
 
eh.. which one u all take de.. i see liao ruan. sean or Alvin? if im not wrong sean only give 5 pc of photo is it? alvin is different? whats the website? for alvin's photography???? thanks

STROLLER
can anyone answer me this ah? so sian.. thinking of looking for another stroller WHICH stroller CLOSE with one hand and EASY keeping and OPening? IM thinking if i bring my gal out.. would wana use 1 hand to open and close the stroller. cus my another hand will have my gal. then another hand will have stroller liao.. i only found ONE that can like that is HAENIM STroller nia.. the 3 wheel. other than that no more liao.
 
fabbie
i'm using the maclaren quest (used since 3mth). it's very good. very light and fairly easy to open. I can open it on my own when holding emma. a bit difficult to do, and must really hold on to her properly, but can be done. I also used to own a capella stroller, but very difficult to open and close. I wouldn't recommend you to get it.
 
ypg,
bb only zz 1.5hrs daytime ydae, dunno y he doesnt zz early at nite also, n this morning up at 7am!

kath,
thk i got ur shopping virus.. haha..e bug must be still hanging ard e thread.. i just swiped 2k+ ydae on shopping =P kinda feeling e pinch nw..wakakaka

fabbie,
not sure if combi miracle turn can close&open with one hand, but it's v light n my fren has been using it alone w bb no prob. my bugaboo bee can close&open w one hand, but it's heavy ah

oh gals,
i cooked porridge for bb ydae! quite fun n he luvs it.. yeah, he will be on 2meals porridge from todae, gonna forget abt e cereals liao =)
 
fabbie,
my fren using Combi the most light weight one, forgot the model. Is very light, my fren is petite but she can open and close the stroller using one hand easily. However i find the stroller is too light and dun think my boi can sit comfortly there, Peg Perego suit my chubby boi well instead.
 
Rachel,

Well, as we are all employees ourself .. think of what could make us happy and motivated ..

First, I make sure they are well fed .. Philipinos eat damn a lot lor .. DAMN a lot of RICE ( She eats more than my hubby - 2 FULL bowl of rice) .. So, must make sure they eat enough to keep them emotionally and physically happy ..

I do buy her phonecard, clothes.. and in fact in increased her pay .. ( But, I think i done the wrong thing) .. my agency scolded me ..Said I spoilt market .. during then, i wanted her to take care of Evan during the night time ..and I'm worried she'll be tired ..and unhappy since she has to wake up every 2-3 hours.. so, I use $$ to make her happier.. which I think is wrong.. Cos, increasing pay in long term will not keep her happy ..

Buy her some clothes, snacks once in a while ... I do treat her like friend .. But, my hubby totally disagree with my act .. ( Said I shld keep a distance) .. I let my hubby be the bad guy while I'm the nice boss.. hehahaha

Well, but do this moderately .. like once in a while lor ..overdo will also make her too complacent and thinking tat is her right ...

Case by case basis i gueess .. but most importantly .. do not SCOLD or SHOUT at them.. treat them with respect .. Talk to them in a nice manner but FIRM when u are unhappy .. We wouldnt want our boss to be yelling and shouting at us ..I always tell my maid its ok to make mistake when doing houseowork .. but never make mistake when handling my boy ..

MAKE SURE U do the following when they are here on the first day:
1) Sit down together with ur hubby with her and like u r gg to have a vry formal discussion
2) Come out with a list of ur key expectations .. Tell her nicely abt ur expectation .. like honesty, tat u do not TOLERATE mistake when it comes to handling ur bb .. like u will treat her as ur family and u hope she will do the dame..and etc ..
3) Go through all her stufff - one by one ..so to make sure they dont bring any medication or chanting stuff (who knows)

ah .. think I'm getting really lengthy .. u may call me if u wan to find out more ..I'm happy to share .. some of their funny incidents as well .. Like my maid ever tell me my house is HAUNTED ..and she did it for a reason.. But, we handle it professionally .. hahhaha
 
CARSEATS:

Mummies.. which car seat is good huh .. I'm currently using maxi cosi the Carrier and Evan has outgrown the car seat. In fact, he'll jump and jump and refused to sit in it .. He'll cry and try to climb out of it .. Does anyone experience this? How to tame them when they're riding in the car huh?

I thought of changing another car seat (font facing) and see if it helps ..

Any recommendation and solutions?
 
fabbie, i am jus bought Maclaren Quest 1mth ago and i agree with echo that it's light and easy to use. the only bad pt. my mum can carry my boy and the other hand to open or close the stroller. last time i use Capella S705 but it's too heavy.
 
Fabbie, me using combi TJ3000. The super light one at 4.5kg. Can 1 hand open n close.. U saw it yesterday??? the orange one.

Kath n Fabbie n Jes
Receive the videos?
 
Evanmummy... i wish to learn more from you.. share share more can?? the haunted one? what is it about??

my stroller is a hand-down from my aunt.. heavy and bulky.. but no need money.. so i cannot comment.. been trying to get hubby to buy a new stroller and car seat to put in his car for our little one for a month already.. and i will keep up my "nagging" ha ha

car seat... i am looking at maxi cosi priori that can use for quite long if i am not wrong..
 
fabbie/Luthadel,

Kath posted this some time ago:

Anyone interested in Sean Lau's photography?

This is organised by Nov 08 mummy and if we can get 10 more ppl to join, Sean will give us further $10 discount..

details below:

Re : BP For SeanLau BP
10 babies sign up @ $208
20 babies sign up @ $188
30 babies sign up @ $178

Classic Baby Package www.seanlau.com

02 Hours Session for your baby with Sean Lau
05 Pictures of 5" x 7" (High Resolution)
01 Reprint on 8" x 12" with Framing (Table Top)
DVD of selected images in High Resolution

Waiver for parents to be included in the photoshoot.

Got 1 Oct 08 mum go for their photoshot n buy back all photo at $250. But dunno this BP is it cheaper or not. Think this BP closed long ago. U got to call Sean Lau to check.
 
Rachel - My mother lives at Dr 6 Blk 427. My sis' EA is just next to ur blk but she had rented it out. I used to stay with her 10 years ago... Actually quite like to live there.. And we almost wanted to get a unit at Esparis.. But ended up getting a unit at Old Airport Rd.. Usually I'll be at my mother's place every sunday afternoon. So we can arrange to meet on 1 of the sundays afternoon? But this coming sunday i'll not be there.

Strollers
I'm using Graco but i find it very heavy and it's not easy to carry bb with 1 hand and open it with the other hand.. Combi will be a better choice as they r light weight.

EvanMummy - Whoa, I think u hv overdone it.. For my indo maid, we do treat her like family. She doesn't hv off days. But she will follow us out when we go out with bb, which is like almost every weekend. When we dine at restaurant, we will also let her eat with us. And she follows me to church with bb too.. We never shout or scold her, etc etc. But we never let her take care of our gal during nite time so as to ensure that she has enuf rest. So far, she's happy working with us.

Whoa, ur maid told u your house is haunted? Wat's she up to?
 
Hi Fong2..

my indo maid.. we treat her just like u.. goes with us wherever we went.. and eat with us and everything.. i also taking care of our little one myself at night so she can rest enough to help me in day time..
 
ypg
thanks for the info on Sean Lau but I'm not keen to take up with him. Any one has the contact for the current shots that were taken for charity?
 
fabbie
I'm using the Chicco Simplicity, I don't know why I don't see many moms using it cos its one of the best strollers I've tried. We looked for months before deciding on this.


1. Folds with 1 hand, use your foot to step on storage basket and it folds compactly. You can carry baby in 1 arm and pull the folded stroller like a trolley bag.
2. Self standing for easy and compact storage.
3. Huge storage basket.
4. Large canopy
5. Wide seat
6. Very stable, not flimsy like at all and does not tip backwards easily.
7. Has front bar to attach toy
8. Full recline so kiddo can take a comfortable nap
9. Has clear window on the hood so you can peek at baby, and you don't have to strain your neck like other strollers.
10. Comes with rain cover and accessory pouch that attaches to handle for your purse and things.
11. Handle is padded and comfortable to hold.
12. Weight is under 6kg
13. Value for $$$ only $200+
14. Available at Robinsons and Kiddy Palace

I only wish that the maximum capacity was higher, it can carry up to 15kg.

Sounds like I'm doing sales for them right?


http://www.chicco.com/simplicity-stroller/scheda_prodotto.asp?menu=on&art=05.060900.970.000

Even though the combi is light weight, hb and I don't like it cos it's flimsy. Have seen the stroller tip backwards so many times! its got these teeny tiny wheels and the men look so silly pushing a combi cos they're so tiny.
 
strollers
any mummy has any suggestions on strollers that are easy to push? my old capella was very hard to push, as in the wheels were not very smooth plus doesn't navigate very well. a lot of effort to change direction. in comparison, my maclaren pushes very well, very smooth and easy to push up slope, change direction, etc. I'm now looking for a new stroller that is rear-facing and fully reclining, but also easy to push. of course, other factors like lightweight, easy to close, are also important. any suggestions?
 
taybaby - Your indo maid fr which part? Mine fr east java. Think we treat her good enuf cos she put on 3-4kg! :p

She's my 2nd maid. Fired the 1st maid before CNY cos she got attitude problem.

Kath - If u r looking for maid, best to choose maid younger than u. Maids older than u tend to be ya ya papaya.. And dun choose those maid previously work at middle east before. Middle east employers employ more than 1 maid to take care of their household. Like 1 maid to take care of bb, 1 maid to cook, 1 maid to do the household chores. I learnt it the hard way, fr my 1st maid.
 
echo,

MacLaren Quest. manouverable and not really heavy la. and spacious for baby.

Fong2/taybaby/EvanMummy,

yeah! Same for me .. my maid is mostly with me/us too .. we take her to restaurants etc. 3 years my previous maid was with me, I never scolded/shouted/raised my voice at her. She's treated like family and my girls are not allowed to scold her/boss her around and they address her as "Aunty" .. respect mah.
 
echo

strange that you looking for a rear facing stroller....thought most babies are more interested to face forward and see the world now?
 
santorini
my girl doesn't really like the stroller, sigh... when she is awake, she wants to be carried. but when she is sleeping, we can put her inside and continue walking around. so I would like to have one that can alternate. if she is awake and in a good mood, i can put her facing out in the stroller. if she is sleeping, then I would like to face her.

sam
I already have a maclaren quest, but want a rear-facing stroller.
 
hey YPG,

I'm keen .. Pls add me to the list .. I like Sean's photography ..

Taybaby,

Evan used to sleep with her in the same room and I asked my maid to switch on the bb monitor b4 she goes to sleep ..so tat I can monitor Evan frm my room .. she came up with funny things ..

For the first few times, she always forgot to switch it on ..so I've been doing it b4 gg to bed.. Then, I got frustrated and I woke her up to turn it on.. then she gave me the funny/ frigthen look - and told me that she already switched it on earlier.. and said my place is haunted .. bcos a couple of times - she heard me calling her like early morning (2 a.m) - and she ran outside and didnt see anyone .. all those craps lah

I told her FIRMLY tat I dont believe in such stuff and this place is a blessed place .. and I simply ignored her.. I told her off ..STOP spouting nonsense .. we dont want to hear this again ..

The reason why she has been doing this is bcos she doesnt want me to monitor her ..and dont wan me to wake up to check on her .. Sigh, guess even the best maid will give u some problems once in a while .. Just have to handle them ..
 
echo,

then in that case, it probably has to be a Combi or an Aprica .. I don't know of other rear facing strollers besides my Quinny Buzz and I think the Bugaboo Bee ..

kath,

yeap, fong2 is rite ... your maid should be younger than you .. than they won't think they are clever-er .. lol. the older ones tend to think they know better. fong2, my 1st maid did 2 years in Saudi ... BUT she was the only maid in her household cos it was a new family .. so it turned out well for me cos she also did 2 years in Brunei after that ..

My new one did 1 year in Saudi .. but ya, she was one of a few maids in the household so turns out she can only clean. that's all. *sigh*
 
ypg,

ya I had a long nap on Sunday .. so couldn't sleep. I have insomnia and usually sleep at 3 plus anyway. Din see your reply cos I decided to sleep after that. wa .. you're not sleepy at work ? ..
 
fong2, i don know where is mine from leh.. ha ha didn't really go remember.. mine eat a lot too.. but not 2 or 3 bowls la.. just that she normally eat more rice..

kristalangel.. my little one.. we often call our helper as "jie-jie" meaning sister to our little one.. so when he grows up.. will call her jie jie too..

evanmummy.. i think this is common.. cute thing i know from my helper.. when she is at the agency.. the agency let them watch "the bride" the ghost story filmed in spore.. if i don get the film name wrong.. wierd that agency letting them watch ghost story.. so I told her.. that film is to teach her not to do certain things like sweep those offerings..
 



Back
Top