(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

hahaha... Mimi, remember to ask yr BB to face up too! my EDD is 7 Dec, so far i think the closest EDD MTB is Summer =)

Not to discourage u, but Dr Chen not so kan cheong abt finding out gender, he will always say things like too early lar, nvm can scan again the next time, etc ;)

carmen, i will insist Dr. Chen to check bb's gender later. haha... hope he is ok wi it. u did any blood test? so far i only did the NT scan.

Mimi: im having OSCAR on 25 Jul, so that will include everything rite? hee... i dare not insist the previous time, becos he seems so sure that we wont be able to see anything ;)

anyway, i had a few blood test (i oso forgot wats the purpose liao)! hahaha...

oh, Oscar is to be done at the clinic also? i think i will be doing blood test today. btw, did he mention anything abt detail scan? i wanted to ask him whenever i go and see him, but always forgot.

hi all! so exciting going to scan see my babt again!

btw about the courses ya going. any website to refer?? thanks cus wana apply.

fabbie,
think there are KKH and TMC classes.

For TMC classes you can refer to website: http://www.thomsonmedical.com/facilities.htm (under Childbirth Education Course) to find what they teach and call Parent Craft @6251 4090 to find out about dates of classes.
happy.gif

Mimi: I sud think so ba, dats y for my next appt is on Fri, not Sat (i prefer Sat so dat my HB can go appt with me). detailed scan means can see the BB's gender, fingers etc? think so be together ba =)

me oso wan to book the classes liao, very egged on to attend the classes by u gals! haha..

Hi Everyone,

Have not been to this thread for about 2 wks... saw the great gathering pic on my facebook.. sure hope to see you ladies the next outing... been having stomach cramps since last nite, anyone experiencing that? will been going to my gynae later this evening, sure hope the bb co operate so that we can see the gender...i am 16 wks today...

snowger.. same same la.. will let u know ba.. i need jeans for my event on the 24th of this month.. so see how lor..they dun have then must go look elsewhere lor..

Carmen - hmm, with normal scan already can see gender and fingers eh. My gynae zoomed in at the fingers on my last visit and show us how to differentiate fingers and thrumb. my baby got wriggling fingers. not sure what's the detailed scan for? to see clearer?

Hi my dear ladies.. good news for you girls.. i called the company that Jowin bought the cot from, they say can honour the price and honour the same freebies too..

"Baby cot is white in colour which can turn into a junior bed.. Free bedside bedder, 4 inch mattress, a mobile music turner and a STROLLER... i was amazed that the stroller is free???? ALL AT $299... Mum decided to get tat for me to put at her house.. of course the stoller cannot be compared to those very superior one.. its at 8kg..the handle can switched 2 ways to face baby or back.. big wheels and for infant used till 4yrs old...rather steady.. " --> from Jowin's post.

http://www.palmax.biz/catalog/popup_image.phppID=123&osCsid=009d6d344f7e1913119bb58807ac5247

let me know soon ba.. if any of you interested..

Juzyounme: supposed so, but detailed scan will sort of double-confirm ba? hee... i oni knw during detailed scan, the gynae will point out BB's fingers, toes, ears, etc to parents, like kinda confirm BB is normal physically. of cos, detailed scan will enable us to see the gender more clearly lar =)

Phylicia: u really hardworking sia! thanks for helping to check, i will be getting hand-me-down for both BB cot and stroller ;p

Hi Phylicia
wah.. tats good
happy.gif

Ok.. shall help to elaborate more

Stoller - they have it in Red cum Grey ( Man Utd colour), Bright green cum grey, Light baby blue/pink cum grey and orange cum grey..

The seat can put down all the way for infant to lie.. there is a foot rest.. the handle can switch front n back.... there is also a seat belt to the seAt.. and a front block that u can remove...A bassinet below for u to put ur barangs n handle side can put drinks... wheels are big but only front to manovoure the directions.. overall seating quite spacious

Personal opinion.. 8kg can be quite heavy...handle will feel abit rubbery but ok.. the cushion is slightly hard... Dun expect FREE on to be that good lor ....or maybe i fussy.

Baby cot, only white in colour...The bedside bedder can choose between Seseme Street or normal girly one...

Carmen - i see...

Phylicia - i should have a hand-me-on baby cot, will be looking for a stroller. 8kg for the stroller seems heavy, it's this the normal weight?

juzyounme, it depends on what u are looking for in a stroller. there are very very light ones but then u compromise on the stability. there are also very very heavy ones, very steady but difficult to lug ard..

i think average is between 5 to 8kg ba.. i will prob bring baby ard in a sarong sling if i go out on my own, but if i'm out with hubby then i will prob use the stroller.

my idea is i need a cot. and most cots are abt that price. and it comes with the mattress so no need to pay abt 70+ extra for it. so thats quite a good buy to start with. i'm eyeing on a qinny or the miracle turn by combi, but looking at the price, i rather spend 700bucks on a pump than on a stroller.

i will see if the guy can give me pics on the stroller.

haha.. worse come to worse.. sell the stroller away lor.. haha..

jowin ah.. my company know i sideline sell hotdog liao.. so they ban the webbie.. sad case la.. why my IT so siao onz.. haha

erm.. kiddy palace not the place la.. you will get heart attack from mothercare.. hahahahaha..

my hubby doesnt understand why i need a pump so ex too.. hehe.. i offer him alternative of 2nd hand with sterlizer for 550 he also complain.. then i told him coz my breast not detachable, when i go back work baby will starve to death!! haha..

juzyounme, baby things are very expensive one.. a 299 cot is considered low end already.

i know $299 for a baby cot is alright. but i didn't find out abt breast pump, coz i intend to stop breastfeeding when i have to be back at work.

Phylicia,
U very funny. My hb's reaction is the same - breast pumps are ridiculously priced... :p

Juzyounme,
Just for yr reference. In order for the bb to benefit fr BM, it is recommended tat bb takes BM for at least six months to a year.
happy.gif

haha.. my hubby from mountain ma... so i tell him dun buy also can, me be SAHM lor.. then i had to explain to him why ppl like his mum no need and i need. haha.. he still not convinced la.. then i told him fomula milk is EX!! haha.. breast milk free!! hehe..

he is a block of wood la.. so i dun bother with him liao..i will prob buy it myself and say drop from sky! haha

Phylicia
Your reply is funny. That wat I always tell my HB. Breast milk is free & it really save a lot $$.

To me, the expensive breast pump is not necessary. I only buy the single medala electric pump.

hahaha... I think all HBs are the same, mine is oso shocked that a good pump costs nearly $800. then my fren advised me not to buy first, cos not every mum will supply enuf breast milk. so me will wait till i deliver and observe for the 1st week. if i produce enuff milk, then i buy a good pump, if not, then i save $$$ =)

my 2 cents worth opinion

yes, don't need to buy now. But need to know which brand & model you want.

For me, I did not buy the pump before hand, after i got discharge from hospital, my breast got engorge, desparate then ask HB go Kiddy Palace & buy. so instruction to him has to be clear or else he also don't know wat to buy.

ladies...shall we start a spree for dr.brown's bottle??

Me into my 5th mth next week but i hv not started to buy anything leh.. abit worried suddenly..haha

Hi Phylicia
aiyo.. like tat ban ah... sianz

yes. i have the same thinking as u.. the most i sell away the stroller and get a better one.. still can use tat cash to offset for another stroller.Since free, i might as well get it...Ikea cot is also more than $250.

HB wan to try to use it 1st and if no good, he said he want to bring baby to choose lor, still not too late. He asked me dun be so fussy.. haha.. temporary use 1st.. not as if the stroller is not steady.. 8kg, indeed its quite heavy n steady... No choice, he win.. haha...

We still have many many things to buy for babies.... SIGH!!

Breasts pump is indeed very pricey

i also wan a spree for dr. brown's bottles! and i can try buying clothes for my baby! went for my scan just now and my gynae say 80% boy boy, can see something in between his legs. detail scan will be on 4-Aug-08.

damn.. facebook is loading very very slowly... and here i am all excited to see pics of the much-anticipated lunch gathering.. sienz..

jowin, do you have a pic of the baby cot? thinking of replacing the one at my mil's place and i love cots in white! The one we have at my mil's place now, the mechanism for lowering is pretty useless..you know, got to push the bottom of the lower-able side. The one at my place has better mechanism.. need to pinch the catch and push down.much more user-friendly and more sturdy. Only prob is it cost $340 or so with mattress fm kiddy palace.

Phylicia: Are you going to order the cot? If yes, pls count me in! Do you have my hp num or email add? Or you can try to drop me a msg on MSN even if i'm offline.
happy.gif

Heh, i'm lousy at the hotdog game. Cannot go sell hotdogs & burgers in future...will be big failure.

Juzyounme: Breast pumps are expensive! Esp if you want to buy the electric types. If you want to buy a manual single pump, it's about S$100.

Mimi: That's my my gynae said. Most likely boy but cannot confirm until detailed scan. :p

Winnie: I heard that supply of breastmilk = demand from baby. My friends who gave birth are all very sure of this fact. They told me no such thing as NO breast milk just that you need patience to get the supply going.

ladies,
anybody good in TCM? this has been bugging me for few days liao. last week had dinner at mil hse, i was having dinner wif her. she boiled some herbal chicken soup for everybody. while i was drinking the soup, she told me that those medicine she used for the soup was from a relative that brought from china almost 30 years ago!!!!!!
oh my gosh, i almost puke out the soup!!! i ask her, after 30 years, u can still use these TCM to make soup? she say keep in fridge , of cos can la...ai ya these herbs cheap cheap one la...
bengz men.....almost fall off from the chair! im pregnant ok n she use those "cheap-cheap-kept-for-30yrs-TCM"to make soup! i chin chai take 2 mouthful n wash my plates... thinking will it cause anything to my bb or not... really worry leh...
anybody tried such "ho liao" TCM before?
is it really ok for me?
it's quite a rude shock to me actually....

hi mummies,
woke up & can't fall back to sleep.. sianz...

Re: gathering... Saw a glimpse of the outing photo, great pose! & then... facebook site went down! Wanted to join the group but facebk is still not up, duh!

Had been rather stressed at work.. even have thots of quitting. But not easy to find another employer who will hire a preggie hor? hmm... dilemma..

mum2ndx,
Wah... kept-for-30-yrs-tcm! So potent! tcm no expiry date meh? If I were u, I'll also puke out just by thinking of eating something >30yrs .. yeee.. Btw, did u feel any discomfort after drinking it? me no expert in tcm.. best to seek your gynae's opinion, see if any side effects *touch wood*

pris, my gynae say 80% boy but he say 'oh, this is the boy's little thing' when he did the scan. only after detail scan then it will be 100%. btw, when is your detail scan?

mum2ndx, hmmm... 30yrs of tcm? better dun take the risk somemore it's from china. as we all know, china has a lot of banned mediciation in singapore. yesterday my hubby say need to go buy some herbs or tonics to cook for me to 'bu'. hope those for cooking is not for yucky cos i hate TCM.

scarletgal, yst my gynae keep asking me if i am under alot of stress cos my blood pressure is a bit high. he say no good to be under stress, no good for baby. he say everything got to relax and dun worry too much.

jowin, today is your scan! excited? so keep us update if you know your baby's gender!

today i eat snake, took leave to rest and shopping!

morning ladies!!

funny thing is i sleep until headache on left side. then like a bit numbing numbing throbbing pain.. din sleep well again.. wakie to pee still.. i am waiting for the day when life goes back to normal.

llig, use this link instead, the other one not working. http://www.palmax.biz/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=123

Pris, put ur name down in my list liao.. yesterday the pump girl called me. wanna sell me 500 for the avent isis duo that is 19mths old but used 3 times only to "cure" engorgement. then it comes with a avent sterilizer. i still think a little ex leh.. compared to what u paid for.

christine, u know gender already?

mimi, if 80% boy then quite confirm liao right?

Hi ladies
Morning

Hi Phylicia
tat man no send me pics of cot and stroller.. after i SMS him 2 times yesterday !!!!!

Hi mimi
hee hee... yeah!! 4pm later... see wat gynae said...

morning gals, my scan yesterday.... baby keep waving to us so cute lor.... then a few chuckles from me baby turned to face front, but but....legs were bent so covering whatever is or isnt there... then doc switched on the heartbeat rate n volume and I asked for heartbeat rate. He rattled off almost immediately 200!! I was like - "Omg!! Confirm gal liao!!" Sure or not 200?? Tats like super fast to come to think of it manz....He told me that wasnt true abt the heartbeat thingy... Doc asked me my preference n I refused to tell hehehe.... then he said "well,if u really want to know, its 50% gal" I din catch the joke n was still disappointed...y din he say 50% boy. I wud hv been more appease mah.....So now have to wait for detail scan on Aug2 in MtA lor..... Had my blood test too and pray that all will be well when results are out next week *fingers XXX*

Ilig, the shop is like those factory outlet ya. It's opposite Springbeauty and its between some female fashion stalls if I recall correctly.

Jowin remember to tell baby to guai guai open leg big big leh. I didnt tell baby to open n u see my msn.... no wonder baby din open leg hahaha...

Hahaha ikeike.. u wan boy boy ah?? hee hee...yaya.. me copy n paste ur msn msg now.. plus add in " ka kui kui"......haha!!!

I think my reaction would be opposite from you if gynae said its 50% gal....

yeah will update once i know...

phyl, i think 80% boy should be a boy liao. gynae dun wan to say 100% until detail scan. we can even see the little birdie in the scan.

christine, i also did my blood test yesterday. hope clinic dun call me 1 week later cos gynae say they wont call if tests are ok. if something is not right then they will call me.

jowin, ya must ask bb to open legs big big. me every night ask bb to open legs... haha...

seasons, why boy good? i saw a lot of cute and sweet baby gal clothings leh

Back