(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

Hi Everyone

I am new here. EDD for my 2nd one is 6/12/08.

I am seeing Dr Heng from East Shore, she delivers my boy in 2003.

morning ladies..

am feeling sick, tired, out of breath and lethargy for the past few days.. dunno if it's the weather that also contributes to it or what..

wanna share.. but not to put fears to you..

my 2nd visit is this sat.. a bit kancheong coz dunno what to expect.. i still have fears from my 1st preg which baby quietly "let go".. didn't know till routine check..
sad.gif

i was thankful for the MS during my 2nd preg (1st baby)'s 1st tri coz it meant good news..
happy.gif

sometimes i wonder, whenever i didn't have MS.. but once again relief when MS is back.. yeah, pretty ironic..

am counting down to 2nd tri.. can't wait like all of you coz that'll mean less/no more MS and you can feel baby's kick! exciting, ya?
happy.gif

have a great week, MTBs..
happy.gif

Hi gals, I also cannot wait for 12 weeks. Haven't told my parents in law, cos wanted to wait for pregnancy to be stable first. Hope they won't be angry with me for telling them only after the 3rd month...

I have not had the bad MS but in general my appetite is bad. My tastebuds seem to have changed, cos I like meat and nothing else... Have booked for my oscar test in first week of June. Btw, anyone knows if the test will be less accurate if I am only 11 weeks plus during the test?

Welcome to the thread, Evonne.

Snowger, the ideal wks to do oscar assessment is between 11 and 14 wks. So shd be accurate.

Santorini, I rmb when I am in 3rd tri, I felt very bloated also.

Hi Dee

Having MS is a good sign.

Last year when I am expecting my "2nd baby" I have MS till 10 weeks and after that it suddenly went away. It is also that time when I lost the baby.

Now I am having MS every now and then. It comes and goes, sometimes it last throughout the day ... can't wait till 2nd tri when it will go away .

dear all,

act I wish i have MS.. cos i heard from ppl that mummy that have MS, have healthier baby. my boy fall sick alomst every other month. just e long weekend he was down with throat infection.. fever up to 39.6deg!!! we quickly put in the supsistory..(dunno how to spell)into his anus. that help to press down the temp. dunno whether got side effect or not but it's better than brain damage...sign...

MS
yah, I also heard that having MS is a good sign although it is a terrible feeling.. and I heard that the more serious the MS means that you are expecting a gal and less MS means expecting a boy.. ha ha not sure true or not.

anyone has terrible headache? I had very terrible headache and triggle me to vomit more but dare not eat panadol.. very very suffering

Cried almost everyday. Feel so terrible with the morning sickness. No one seems to understand me. They (hubby and mother-in-law) just keep forcing me to eat. Whenever i refused to have my meals, i will get scoldings from my hubby and i cried even more terribly.

lavendery,

dun feel too sad.. just tell him that u really feel lousy n can't take in any food.

or just 'complain' to us here. hee..

actually yeah its true, while i was hospitalised at TMC for dehydration, the nurse there told me to "ENjoy" my sickness, because it means that pregnancy is stable.....

sigh....how to enjoy? when you cant even live normally??? my wish is just to sleep these remaining weeks away until first trimester over, and then i pray that my sickness goes away at that time.......

hello lavendery,

perhaps u can share with hubby information from books/internet about MS.. men sometimes wanna see facts..

something really funny.. when i was having bad MS with my 1st baby, i puked and didn't have much appetite to eat.. SO, MIL actually cut the top part of the cooked chicken head (the red part when it's still live), dunno what u call it, AND asked me to eat! i was grossed out!

And of course, i didn't believe in those sorta things so, i didn't eat and ran "far-far" away.. haha..

"ENJOY" MS?? erm.. thats quite impossible.. its terrible to have to puke my guts outs every morning.. its terrible to wanna puke when in bus or on train.. haha..

lavendery, dun cry.. i think we can understand the horrible-ness of MS that you are going thru..

you ladies want baby girl or boy?

Hi ladies, hope everyone had a good long break.

Corrine, panadol is generally ok. I've been sick with the flu, cough and sorethroat and my office doc was very thorough when he prescribed medication. He went through this book, called IMM or something like that, and finally gave me panadol and the magic little yellow tablet for flu. Nothing for cough cos apparently almost all the cough meds are bad for the baby.

Oh, another thing, he checked out on the net and said that where possible, try not to take strepsils or in moderation only. Nothing proven yet but possibly harmful for baby.. Was quite shocked to be told that cos i've been popping strepsils and mentos each time i feel like puking... guess have to stick to mentos only for now..

Hi xuelyn,
currently I am seeing Dr Tan Hang Yang @ Glen E recommended by my close friend. They got a preg package @ $1200 which include all consult+vitamins+scan+routine test+delivery(c-sect/normal)..have to pay $700+ upfront n the rest upon delivery. You can enquire at 67343524..
I think there are also alot of good gynaes around too, you can take your time and choose slowly.

Hi Evon,
Sorry about the earlier loss but can I check besides MS suddenly disappearing, did you also spot or bleed?

Hi lavendery,
Don't be sad..stay positve ya? Yah like dee said... or you can actually tell your gynae that you are forcing your food intake ..infront of your hubby n mum-in-law. The doc will sure tell you not to force and tell say that some even lose alot of weight but baby turn out to be healthy..this way they may understand more. I am sure MS will pass very quickly..

Hello!

I wish to sell away my Avent ISIS manual breast pump which I have just brought it yesterday night from Metro Woodlands (I still have the receipt with me).

Brought it at S$100.90, now selling at S$80 only. It’s brand new and unused except that I have opened the packaging. Collection at Yishun area/ Mrt. Pls sms me @ 9654 6800…

Reason to sell is bacause my hb had brought me the Medela Mini Electric yesterday too! He shld have tell me earlier… arrghh…

mum2ndx
For throat infection, putting the medicine through the ass only make the temperture go down temporaily. Usually it go up again, cos the throat is still infected. My boy usually have that also, so I gather he is the `heaty'type & we will try not go give too much biscuit & boil barley water.

Xuelyn, I am seeing Dr Paul Tseng at TMC. He was recommended by my colleague and classmate. Btw, I was with another private gynae before Dr Tseng. In the end, I chose Dr Tseng, cos I felt more comfortable with him and he is more confident than the other gynae. Even though Dr Tseng doesn't mince his words. So do choose your gynae based on which hospital he/she delivers at, the location of the clinic and how comfortable u are with him/her.
happy.gif

Thanks 2nd baby! I read the talk about having MS then I get a bit worried. I only FEEL like it, no action.

Lavendery, my appetite also quite bad nowadays. If you no appetite, tell them u like to take smaller meals.
happy.gif
I usually will take a bit of breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then one or two hour later, I will snack on biscuits and milk or fruits.

Here is a link which you can tell your hubby to read:
http://www.momswhothink.com/pregnancy/the-first-trimester.html

winnie,

thanks so much. i think my boy is also heaty base. sign.. very scare he fever one.. always so high temp...

the pill actually bring down temp so fast n strong that he's 'cold' on his limbs n forehead. so scary..

Snowger
I don't have MS also, just don't have appetite. Like spicy staff eg curry, laska bec of the stronger tast. I also sleep earlier cos tired.

mum2ndx
my sleep earlier is about 11 pm, not very early lah.

ya, that is the after effect of the pill. Although it is very effective, it is not very good for kids as it is very strong, that way doctor don't give alot.

mum2ndx
my gal also the same as your boy.. cannot have fever once fever will hit very high so scary.. and we have to keep sponging her..very tiring

seems like we've got alot of new members.. i'd also like to update the tables which is in the archive but isn't sure how to..

can someone do the update for us?
happy.gif

thx thx!

hello mum2ndx and corrine,

am not sure whether it'll help but i've got a nephew (hubby side) also tend to have fever often.. and one of the PD recommends to feed yogurt as part of his diet.. not sure the link but yogurt generally is good and shouldn't cause allergy as the protein has already been broken down.. one thing for sure, the good bacteria can help protects the gut..
happy.gif

Hi ladies
i m not sure if this is the latest one

<table border=1><tr><td>S/N</TD><TD>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospi</TD><TD>Stay</TD><TD>FTWM/SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Gin_78</TD><TD>22-Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Doc Lee Iwen</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Redhill</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>fabbie</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodsworth</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>LuthAdel</TD><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr. Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Corp Rd</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>raven_1313</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr. HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD>Sembawang / Simei</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Shirley Ang</TD><TD>2-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Pinky Panter</TD><TD>2-Dec</TD><TD>Triplets</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>2nd Baby</TD><TD>3-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr. Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>bunnipet</TD><TD>3-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Prof PC Wong</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>echo</TD><TD>4-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr. Yvonne Soong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>NovDec</TD><TD>4-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Samantha</TD><TD>5-Dec</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>Dr. M George</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>iemiko</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr .KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Karen Ko</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr. KH Chan</TD><TD>Gleneagle</TD><TD>Balestier</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>amber</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr. Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Bubble pearl</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Fong2</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr. Peter Chew</TD><TD>Gleneagle</TD><TD>Old Airport Rd</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>N_G</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Woodland</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Merydith</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Pris</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr. Chia Yee Tien</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Decbaby</TD><TD>13-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR K K Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Dino (Mousy)</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Joycelin Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>jowinbaby</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Pasir Ris</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Reddates</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>lavendery</TD><TD>15-Dec</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Santorini</TD><TD>15-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>mrsho</TD><TD>16-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr. Lawrence / Dr. Chia</TD><TD>Pantai/Mal</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Mamamamia</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>DR Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Corp Road</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Emeraldbride</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Soong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Paulyn Kao</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Dr Bernard Chern</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Macpherson</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Phylicia (phyl)</TD><TD>20-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Yeap Min Li</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Yishun Ring</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Mimi (mimizz)</TD><TD>21-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Chen Li Han</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Yunbb</TD><TD>23-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodsworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Jas</TD><TD>26-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodsworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>meilik</TD><TD>24-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr Beh Suan Tiong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Woodlands/ Jurong West</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Mumslove</TD><TD>31-Dec</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>1stbaby</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Bt Panj/Jurong East.</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Jacqueline Ng</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Dr. Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>Enne</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodsworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>Ivy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>State</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>millie (milfoo)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodsworth</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Spaghetti</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>JoyJoy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>Katherin</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>longan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>mummy_zeen</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Seasons</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>Simpsons</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Smurfygal</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>Snnowy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>Snowymum</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>corrine (1106)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>Magpie</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>Winnie171175</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

ladies
anyone cannot take milk? starting from last 2 weeks, suddenly, i can puke out whenever i drink any milk.. i thought i m just sensitive, but tried out for 2 weeks already, whenever i drink milk, i will puke.. sob sob

why my MS no improve leh... sigh!! totally no appetite to eat.

corrine,

Ya i keep sponging him.. so tired.. that day when his fever hits 39.6 deg. was telling him to talk to his body to lower temp, we dun 1 2 go to hospital. haha... he repeat after me. so cute..n heartpain..
did u use luke warm for sponging?

thanks Dee,
will try that out.

reddate, i am scheduling NT test on 28 May, which is my week 12..my doc also say $90+..85% accurate. btw anyone told their bosses about their pregancy?

Jowinbaby, can u add in my details for me? thks! EDD change to 5 Dec (after last sat scan) Dr. Adrian Woodsworth, FTWM, stay: Hougang.Hospital: Mt Alvernia/ ESH

THX LOADS, Jawinbaby for the great help to update for us..
happy.gif

here's mine (not found in the table):
EDD: 19 Dec
BB: #2
Gynae: YG Tan
Hospi: RH
Stay: BB
FTWM

yesterday use the magic wipe to clear the dust under the bed. but before i do that. i told bb to 'go away' 3 times.
now i feel guilty. hope everythings ok..

jowinbaby,
asking the baby to 'go away' cos old folks believe that e unborn bb's spirit is actually around the bed. so as we will not hurt them when we do anything to the masterbed..it's a myth la but better to be safe than be sorry.

winnie,
my boy is turning 3 on june. ya he likes to kpo kpo when ever we sweep or mop the floor. seems fun to them. haha.. just heard from my coll that she vacuum e dust under her bed n her child got lil hair...oops... dun want my bb to be a botak..

bubble pearl

I have told my boss 2 weeks ago cos he might be planning his holiday in Dec.

Surpriseingly, he is very encouraging.

Meredith

I did have spotting with fresh blood before the miscarriage.

Even now when I am in my 11th week, I still have spotting with blood very time I clear my stomach in the morning.

winnie,
do u make tonic soup for your child, like double-boil cordycep soup or ling zhi powder. iv been thinking should i do that cos my boy is so weak..

mum2ndx

when my boy is 2yrs+, he also falls sick very frequently, always accompanied by high fever. My friend recommend to feed him cod liver oil everyday. Now he is 4+, he is much much better. He does not fall sick so that easily. As he is also heaty base, i boil plain barley (no sugar) and add to his milk in the morning every alernate day.

mum2ndx
but cordycep &amp; ling zhi is quite heaty. don't think he can take it.

Heard that Manuka honey is good. so now try to give it to a little him everyday. Give only normally one &amp; if he is not feeling well give him those with active 10+.

Back