(2008/11) November 2008

amooks> can. i can order if all vote oishi pizza. take alook at the link here http://www.oishipizza.com/menu_01.htm

they have party combo sets too. for 10-12 pax. ^_^

bear> i guess maybe my boy is tired & also got interupted bah.. my nephew aka terrorist came my house to stay overnight.. he is in the stage of Terrible 2... v noisy & notti..

happy> didnt know u stay punggol plaza there leh. heehe.. next time if i'm gg there. i will call u !haa...
 


Bear> looks interesting! but i have the FP rocker, quite similiar leh, dunno if my boy will be bored. hmm, how about the jumperoo? u think it's good? looks fun leh!
 
Gathering/food
I think we can order a variety? Can order from Sakae too? I am not a fan of oishi lei.

Amooks
I have the jumperoo but that's only good when baby's head is very stable.
 
Maggie, nopes its not like the rocker... i have both the FP rocker and bouncer. can assure u it isn't the same. At first i tot its like a rocker too until i saw it myself. It is really like a swing at the playground..
happy.gif
can adjust the speed so it swings fast or slow.. u can just leave the bb there alone and dun need to rock him. haha.. i m looking to see who distributes FP stuff in s'pore. If i wanna get, i will get this instead.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2002&e=product&pid=38314

Agree with Karen, the Jumperoo is for later.
happy.gif


Alibaba, haha i like the way u call ur nephew a terrorist.. next time he teach ur Trysten to be one too!
 
Jenn: I'm sorry to hear about your bb. I do know of someone from my church in australia with the same condition though I'm not sure about the extent. The little gal was wearing the splint for a long time...even when she could walk. Now she's perfectly normal! I hope that will encourage you to be hopeful and keep praying.
 
bear> wont be surprised tat Trysten will be another terrorist.. haha.. hair pulling sia~! dont dare to tink...
 
alibaba> thanks!

Bear> ohh... then maybe i should rent the swing too!
happy.gif


Karen> ya hor, my bb head is not as stable yet. maybe i wait 2 more weeks.
 
waterbaby: can i check with u when u mention paracetemol, is it the normal panadol we take..otherwise, what type and where can we buy it? My baby going for 2nd Jab end of this mth.
 
Bear:
I was looking around to see which supplier can offer us BP for jumperoo. So far, not many supplier holds FP stuff except departmental stores.
 
Fifi, u not online? I have been trying to search for FP's distributor here. Seems it is Mattel Southeast Asia, but I can't be sure leh...

Maggie u can rent.. renting is gd.. some bbs might not like it. heh..

Alibaba, gd luck to u first then! heehee..
 
bear

yah, i have a 3-step FP swing in my mother's place.... bb sometimes likes it, sometimes doesn't... so i guess depends on mood.

amooks

i rented jumperoo for my #1 when she was a bb...she doesn't like it very much. luckily i din buy. Mattel has warehouse sale once or twice a year actually.... most of the items are 50% off during the sale... but super hot and far.... i went once and grabbed so many toys for my #1 so din go 2nd time. If i receive news of the next warehouse sale in the future, i will let u know.


alibaba

my brother calls my gal a terrorist too! she is really a terror now
sad.gif
so hard to handle i really feel like slapping her everytime... but must stop myself.
 
my mum said to let bb drink those yangshen or something before jab to prevent fever. I dun dare to try. Anyone heard or tried before?
 
bear> dont have to remind me! hahaha

me too looking for a jumperoo for Trysten. it looks fun.. or maybe i shld jus rent one.. or someone get a different pattern so we can exchange? hehe..
 
kash> thanks! i think i will try to rent it 1st like what Bear suggested.
happy.gif


Blessed> i think what waterbaby mentioned is the liquid paracetemol prescribed by PD. I got it when i brought my bb for his 1st jab, just in case bb develop fever after jab.
 
hee, my lunchtime post.

brocoli, jenn: me wondering whether my menses has come too cos little spotting y'day & today. but i pump v regularly leh & milk ss seems to be just as much if not more. keep leaking.

want to ask, anybody, maybe joyce will know. if u leak a fair bit, maybe 5 to 10 ml, shd u go pump straight away or wait a bit for the ss to build up then pump. i keep having this problem this past week. leak even more than when i first came back to work.

jenn: me praying for felicia like i told u on the phone. don't worry. like dymples said, she will recover. but better stick to the govt hosp for the time being, i guess.
 
<font color="aa00aa">Gathering</font>
I don't think i will be able to make it, cos its abit too far for me
sad.gif


<font color="aa00aa">Olwen</font>
*waves*
I think i'm having my menses too! Dunno why leh, i've been experiencing cramps and spotting, but i'm also pumping regularly cos bb on TBF wor..
*scratches head*
 
maria,
I have received ur PM. Thanks.

Beco,
I have contacted the gal and await for her reply.

gathering,
Have no idea what to prepare. Do you all wan "Suan Pan Zi (Hakka's Abacus)" ... its quite a filling dish. or curry chicken?
transport: I dunnoe how to go Hillview from Jurong W. Either I meet some mummies and share a cab from Bukit Batok or I take a cab straight to amook's hse.

feeding,
I feed my boy 100ml of FM every 2.5hrs and sometimes he refused to drink after 50ml. If he refused to drink after 1hr, then I will throw it away. I'm so afraid tat he might be under-fed although he seems to be gaining weight constantly and PD mentioned he is growing v well. All of us no longer has strength to carry him during feed ...especially when he expects us to walk and walk while feeding him and still refuse to drink.
 
Re: Menses
Some people on TBF do have menses. BF can help delay menses but its not sureproof. Duration oso ranges from person to person.

Anyway, even if it help delay menses, it does not necessarily mean you dun ovulate oso hor. *grinz*
 
mummies =) thanks! I really needed the encouragement..

bear, yup~ it's really uncomfy and hot for her.. now she's not drinking well and she's been crying in her sleep since she started wearing the splint, she's prob upset/scared abt not being abt to move her legs.. my tears just drop uncontrollably too.. her review is on 6th of March..

olwen, yup~ we are sticking to the Prof at NUH and at the same time seeking 2nd opinon from a frd's frd who is a doc..

Fruche, we are also concerned abt how long she has to be in the splint and also her developement.. thanks ur your positive story =)
 
wow.. what a long thread! So many posts to catch up!

Red(Menses):
My menses also came back just this month. Also alot. you mean once your menses come back, there will be no more milk? but somehow i breastfeed my boy, he still burp very loud.. wa. if reali no milk, can suffer cause my boy will still sometime refuse the milk bottle.
 
<font size="+1"><font color="ff6000">May Jenn and her family be blessed with love, kindness, and patience during these trying times... Jia you!!
happy.gif
</font></font>

<font color="aa00aa">Menses</font>
Oops! If really kenna again.... hiak hiak hiak...
Gynae said at least for the 1st 6mths quite safe... hmm.. hehehe
 
Menses>
meaning mine will come anytime too?? gosh. i gotta prepare "loti" just in case. Else Cham leh..

jo>
is u cook one anot? hehe.. i shui bian one. except tat i dun eat beef or mutton.
 
<font color="0000ff">jenn</font>: Hope baby will get well soon. Don worry ya.now the medical technology so high tech. baby will be fine.

<font color="119911">peanut</font>: yeah i got the bouncer that run no battery for rocking. I know which swing u are talking about. I pray for you. hope your baby will guai guai and drink. my maid also try to feed him when he is sleeping. when finished will carry him up to burp,hope it can help you. Good luck!

<font color="ff6000">Gathering</font>: I hope to join too. But unfortunately am working that day. Wow, you gals havent started work yet? Enjoy your gathering. Hope to meet up on the next gathering too.

<font color="ff0000">colic</font>: yesterday my boy keeps crying, don know if it is colic or not. I noticed if i am out, like yesterday I went to my friend's ROM. and last thur I went to the dentist. I left him at home. My HB says he will cry and cry. Then i notice at night he will cry again. Don know whether if he cry too much in the day when i not around, so he cry. Or if realie is colic. The cryings has been very terrible. non stop for 10 mins no matter how we try everything, he wouldn stop crying. Hope is colic and not because he has this separation anxiety. it be a total nightmare when i left for work tomo.Haizz
 
blessed: your maid so clever to eat? i have a maid too. During dinner, I always pick out the food for her and put in the plate. And she will eat the food from there. I didnt tell my maid that she can drink milo, coffee and ask her to help herself. The biscuit and cakes will also ask her to take. but if like icecream or expensive stuff and cold drink like coke etc. I will only offer to her and not ask her help herself. Maybe you be firm and indirectly say her. like "wa the milo gone again? and pretend to ask her you every hour drink?" then maybe she will feel embrassed? i know we don want to make ourselves feel so stingy. but if you don tell her straight she will help herself one. my prev indo maid do that. she realli help herself with the food. like the cheesecake i bought, she say nice. she can keep eating. cause last time i never say. but now my this filipino maid i say first. like the food in the fridge, do not take unless we offer.
 
talkin about fertile: hmmm.. you mommies has any methods to share to prevent pregnancy? I don wish to consume any pills or have anything insert in my body.

My usual method is to count the ovulation days. I don hanky panky from my 11th day till my 18th days. My menses are rather regular. n my hb don like condoms. hehe. any methods to share?
 
Olwen,
i do leak on n off too, but like what fifi said, stick to the pumping schedule, else your pumping schdedule will be messed up..

RE: Gathering
wow, so many foods, drooling now.. Is good to order and share by us mummies.. Got different variety too..
 
Blessed:
Buy the one for infants. I got mine from watsons. Otherwise, your PD should have given you some when your baby went for his first jab, you can use that too.

Fifi,
I didn't log in for a few days cos my laptop went into A&amp;E for resusitation. Can you let me know how much i owe you and how i can pay you for the toothpaste please? Thanks very much!
 
alibaba,
I don't know how to cook. Maid has learnt how to cook Hakka's abacus from my MIL, not beef or mutton. The dish has got yam, pork, xiang gu, tau kwa.
 
Baby Swing: Aquarium (fisherprice)- the same one as mentioned by Bear
Jus bought it yesterday at $149 and my baby doesn't seem to like it very much!! She really v hard to please lei.. less than 5mins she making noise liao.. Willing to let go at $130. Let me know if any of you hav interest
 
Re: Drugstore Spree #1 (in the midst of shipping but there seems to be some delays in US coz of their PH)
Since the items are very standard items, I will collect money from you all when I know the shipping.


Re: Drugstore Spree #2
Will collect money when I confirm the spree is on. Coz now quite far from cap.
 
amook/karen
my bb head not as stable yet too. duno how to flip yet too

Mosh
I gave bb enfalac as and when. Im with similac but nanny say too oily and fluffy and alot of bubble so after about 2 or 3 cans of similac i will let bb have 1 can of enfalac...also duno why didnt switch over to enfalac instead guess coz its not easy to dilute compared to similac....why did you ask?

gathering
How about we repost for the gathering again...

Re: Gathering
20th Feb (friday)
Time: 2pm
venue: <font color="0000ff">Amook's place at Hillview </font>

1) Dymples + bb (CHIPS/CRACKERS)
2)kare2711+bb+maid (CHIX WINGS)
3)shop4stuffs +bb+maid (HOMEMADE ROJAK) (woodlands)


20th Feb (friday)
Time: 2pm
venue: <font color="0000ff">Other Venue </font>

1)
2)
3)
 
Just to share: Bumbo

Selling at $69.90 at John Little.

Now have 7% off (gst absorbed) &amp; can get another 5% rebate with robinsons card.

After discount will be $61.76
 
Peanut, if nobody wants it, i might get it from u.. gg to look for the bigger swings.. if hb dun approve then i will get urs ok? but if anybody wants it, then sell it to them first.
happy.gif


Lynn, if u know ur cycle very well then u can actually use withdrawal. but until u have at least 2-3 regular periods, i won't dare to recommend to use withdrawal (unless ur hb is super able to control).

Alibaba, i always bring my loti around. hahha..

Re: Gathering
20th Feb (friday)
Time: 2pm
venue: Other Venue (Vivo is ok with me)

1) Bear
2)
3)
 
bear, lynn
withdrawal v risky one.. stil got leakage somehow so better dun risk it. i tot ever heard about this patch that the woman can paste on buttock or something like that?
 
Peanut, i heard of it too.. however, it is a hormonal patch, i m not sure if it will interfere with breastfeeding as breastfeeding is also based on hormones...

Actually i used withdrawal for 2 yrs plus, nv kena.. the very mth we decide to try for a bb we hit jackpot. u need to know ur cycle very well. i used to take my basal body temperature so i know when i m fertile.. now i dunno liao cos no menses.
 
V Risky..
my fren jus kanna. Using withdrawal method. Breastfeed can take pills? but no menses oso duno when to take pills leh..

bear> ok lor.. i go back dig my roti out.. haha.. too long nv use them..
 
bear: me too. I also used the same method then later decide for the baby then kena. i use online ovulation calendar which email you to let you know that your ovulation is coming soon. in fact, don know how true, my HB wants a boy. and heard that on ovulation or after is the best to get a baby boy and i try the method and it works!

peanut: sorry let you waste your money to buy the bouncer. maybe you can try a few more time b4 you decide to sell. mine hor. baby also need some time to adapt and finally can play for 10min provided with tv on. i also heard the patch thing need to everytime change the body part to paste otherwise not good. and yes heard not good for breastfeeding.

hehe.. bear in fact i didn wait for 2 to 3 cycle to try. last month jan i have my menses, i alr try the withdrawl method. and heng this mth i come.
 
peanut: try the rental of toys at least will not waste money.

walker: my MIL say when bb reach 4 mth can use walker. am not comfortable with it. I thought i remember PD even say walker is not a good pdt.
 


Re: Gathering
20th Feb (friday)
Time: 2pm
venue: Other Venue (Vivo is ok with me)

1) Bear
2) Jolene + bb + maid
3)
 

Back
Top