(2008/11) November 2008

Lian, so far so good. *cross fingers*
G also attending 3 hr kindy in morn, and 2 hrs pcf in afternoon. But my father is around to help fetch so that's why my mum focus mainly on J. And she is able to cook simple meals for dinner :p She prepares when J is sleeping.

But it gets noisy when G comes home from school, he always clamour for attention as well.

But at night and weekends, then quite tiring with 2 kids..

ah jes, my dad is manning his own biz so not possible to get his help.. n i can't support t hsehold financially! haha
glad_gal, I think it gets more tricky when t younger one gets mobile n need supervision.

hi mommies,
i am gonna enjoy this CNY feasting before #2 arrives. hee..

glad,
wow, i salute you. U still plan to bake even while u are bf-ing and with 2 kids! i have been wanting to order the HCP too!! looks so amazing. Planning to get one for my mom who always complains of the cleaning up after frying fish. =P

aly,
my girl also just started school last week. it went really well including the school bus ride. she was really happy to go on e bus and to school by herself. really proud of her. you are right, we mommies are the clingy and emo ones.hahah...

oh ya, does any of the mommies any other recommendation for confinement meals? I think there is Chillipadi now? Is that a new company?

Lian: Yeah true...but just take one step at a time till bb grows to be more mobile!

Haru: Ha..yeah bake while my enthusiasm can last me..but after that will die down hehe once CNY over. But the pan is indeed quite useful and very fun to try diff recipes!
Eh, Chilipadi is a peranakan caterer rite..not new..but not sure if it provides confinement food.

I saw rates for confinement food before like super expensive..?

Actually confinement food just add sesame oil, ginger and sometimes vinegar. Can use the confinement money to buy lots of good meat and ingredient. got maid can ask them cook too.

Haru, when are u due? Ya I agree sometimes it's us, the mums that are clingy ;) glad ur gal is adapting well to school
happy.gif

How much does the happy call pan cost at g market? v tempted to get one too!!

haru: u can explore Melrose cake house for confinement meals, never tried them but their full month goodies are superb.

soho,
we do not have a maid. My dad prepared the confinement food for me when i had #1, but he is currently recuperating from a surgery so I think I want him to tire himself out..thanks for e recommendation!

haru: so sweet of ur dad...must b a good cook!

JJMom: how come office ban..issit a lot of mothers in ur office going SMH forum..?lol

Hi Mummies,

For your kid who attend morning school, what does your kiddo eats before going to school?

Nat wakes up at 6.30 and takes 210ml of FM. Thereafter, she refuses any food, and leaves for school at 7.30. She also does not eat what is served at 9am by the school. I'm getting worried as I see her losing weight(already quite skinny).

She eats a big bowl of porridge when she comes back at 12.30. Can see she's VERY hungry. Any advice?

Aly Nat: Maybe 6.30-7+am too early too eat because not hungry. My girl eats at school at 9am and then lunch 1pm.

Maybe you can try biscuits or honey stars (without milk or with milk). Or if school allows, pack her fave snack, biscuits or sandwich.

aly_nat,
K wakes at 630am too and takes only 150ml FM. She will take a few munch of biscuit/ bread/ cereal at my mum's place before leaving t hse at 815am. School serves snacks at 10am. And yah, she usually arrive home VERY hungry too!
Since Nat just started school routine, maybe it will take a lil while before she start eating school's bkfst. After she observes what her friends r doing, probably she will follow soon
Or like what soho suggested, give her honeystars. Kids can't resist honeystars!

soho/lian,

thanks. Nat not picky with her food, but she doesn't hv a 'favorite' food either. Honey stars are fine, but she she would rather busy herself looking at other kids eating then putting food into her mouth lor. Jialat, this CNY sure all the relatives will ask is it I 'starve' my girl
sad.gif

Since this is the first time she goes to school, hopefully the 'novelty' of having so many friends wears off and she will start to take a interest in her food. Meanwhile, mummy here is so worried she might develop gastric due to insufficient food intake over 6 long hours
sad.gif

Nat, i think when its too early, kids don't have the appetitie to eat... My gal also like that, she needs at least 1/2 hr to get up for breakfast.. Very slow in the morning. She likes cereal and biscuits, if bread then must be nutella spread or butter (very unhealthy!) honey stars, Milo crunch, cococrunch all works. She drinks regular milk now, refusing FM. Dunno how to make her drink FM.....

Hi mummies!

My boy this year has upgraded from playgroup to nursery class.

However, this few days he has been telling me he don't want to go to school.

We checked with the school, and the form teacher replied that as this year they are learning more and less playtime, this could be the reason that my son is hesitant in going to school.

Any mummies had this problem too?

i agree with Lilian if your gal just started school she will need some time to adjust, soon in time she will follow what her classmates are doing and eating.

aly_nat, dun worry ... If Nat is really hungry i am sure she will take t bkfst in school.
K is super skinny too, nvr gain weight de

Karen, my K also changed her behaviour last Dec. I think during that period, many new kids come in. Many cryings and probably new parents hanging around. I asked t teachers if she changed classrm or form teachers, they said no.
Maybe u can asked your boy's teacher what had changed? I dun tink less playtime is t cause.

Lilian,
Yes, they shifted to next blk for class and his Chinese teacher also changed. Perhaps too much changes for my little boy.

Nat: Don't worry, think if she is hungry, she will eat, since you said she is not a picky eater. Maybe some girls are just very small eaters??

Btw, on weight, what is the weight of your 3yrs++ toddlers now??

Karen: Yeah, agree maybe your boy need time to adjust. Think change of teacher always the most impactful coz they were so used to their own teacher. My boy still ok with going to sch, but he seem to prefer his last yr's teacher, me too, coz she more caring :x

glad_gal: my girl is 14 kg..the weight has quite remained the same not much weight increase..maybe metabolic high.

Hello mummies.

HCP, am keen wor, but somehow my friend told me about the cleaning part abit concern, hmm...still holding back :p

Hugo had started his new school @ new CC Nursery 2 class, the 1st week keep crying, refused to sleep and morning sat at the sofa and told my helper,"I don't want to go!". Stood outside the school and refused to enter. after 2 weeks, he had adjusted and settled down more or less. Hope this will continues smoothly. If this is fine, I will be enrolling his sister in Apr pg.

I still somehow prefer his ex-CC @ Admiralty.

morning mummies
happy.gif

Today on leave liao for cny.

alynat, give some time, perhaps after a while nat will eat more when she sees other kids eating too. mayb she's observing others so not much mood to eat. haha

jynnsan, im oso still thinking abt hcp. heard good and no good reviews but good ones more though. think mayb will buy a basic one to try out.

ah lian, how u recently? hope all's well with u.

happy CNY to all. gong xi fai cai!

Yo, all prepared for CNY?

Jes, thanks, still doing ok, like t hcp got gd n bad lor.hee
Done t detailed scan tis wk, fortunately bb is alright n t placenta moved upwards :) however still getting unexplainable bleeding.. :-(

aly_nat,
Ohh...din know your Nat gng to the same kindy w my Nat this yr.

U mean she juz got trf from another kindy to this 1 recently? Sorry i have vy poor memory =P

Yipee! My Nat is in morning 8:30am session too
happy.gif
Wonder if they r in the same class
happy.gif
Your Nat taking school bus or u send her?

My Nat drinks ard 180~210ml of milk on her way to school. She does eat a lil bit at school, always the last & never finish all...tsk tsk tsk! She super skinny & small frame too.

But i think like other mommies mentioned, give your gal some time to adjust to her new routine
happy.gif

Mummies,
I hate to tell u all this during this festive season.
I lost my dear boy just before t dragon year arrive. He was a 22 wk old good boy.
Was a traumatic n painful experience for me n hubby. I hope to get over this soon. Now i can fully understand Snnowy mummy's poem abt her loss. I hope i will have t courage like Snnowy, Yen n Bear to continue fighting.
Hai.. Just need to pour out my woes. Thks for listening gals.

Hi all mummies, i would like to send my son (3 yr old) for chinese enrichment class. He is now in nursery class but think that his chinese still need to brush up.

Any recommendation?

Lilian, take care and sorry to hear it.. I'm sure God has better plans for you..

Jane, I'm using berries for Chinese enrichment .. So far so gd.
happy.gif

Anyone tried phonics class such as "I can read" etc?

Anyone tried Berries are they good..? I am not sure if i should put my girl into berries class but feel her chinese not gd enuff always speak english. Any opinions mummies..? She is on whole day preschool with learning chinese, eng etc.

Hi Soho,

My gals were going to Berries clas. It was good from the time they started during K2 till P2 stage. But once reach P3 stage, my girl stopped her classes cos she started to find it too difficult. Now she just attends normal chinese tuition. She still having difficulties coping but I'm not bothered by it. Cos I find it's more important for her to score well in English, Maths & Science.

3Jems,

Thanks for sharing. My girl school has 'Chinese speech and drama' where they can learn the 4 different tones in mandarin, recitation of poems, is it do-able..? I feel quite stress having to send my girl from school to enrichment (different place), not sure if the chinese speech and drama can offer what Berries offer..

My gal started berries this year, N2. Its fun for her but I think if ur gal is going to full day childcare already then don't have to overload her bah..
happy.gif

Soho,

Agree with Mummy Zeal. Since your gal still young, no need to stress her out yet. Let her enjoy learning the language slowly. When she reaches about K1 stage then can consider loading on chinese enrichment to prepare her for P1 level.

Lilian,
Hugz...

Hello mummies,
My boy will start his chinese lesson @ Berries this week too as he completely show no interests in chinese.

As for phonics, I enrolled him at Kent Ridge.

I think for the time being, will only try to let him master language, for others lesson, might wait till 4yo bah.

Lian, just read abt you.. So sad to hear that.. * hugzz* pls take care..

Hi mummies, finally have some time to come here and say HELLO!! ;)

Yoz, where's everyone? Jess? Olwen?? Lian, miss your posts! Hope you are better now.

My boy started Berries too. So far so good, he enjoyed the lessons :p

Liv: Hello! How's life with 2? :p My #2 now nearing 6 months. So fast!!

hello! this thread is dying
sad.gif

gladgal
cos nobody chat leh so i no come in lor, haha.
wow so fast yr gal 6 mths liao. time flies!

liv
how's life with #2? saw yr FB posts u said very tired, no slp etc. alamak must be very tough. take care!

lian
hope u r up and running. how u? come chat with us
happy.gif

think olwen is very busy, ok i will remind her to come in for her weekly post, am meeting her for lunch next week.

wow u all already sending yr kiddos to classes. i have not yet! i thought i'll let V enjoy abit more this year perhaps wait till when she's near 4 yos.
happy.gif

i think V is still very very hong sim. her teacher said at times she's not concentrating in class, at times perhaps day dreaming. the other day mil asked her if she's finished her school work she still can reply "finished, Lu lao shi (teacher) do for me"! i hear liao i wanna faint...

Hehe cant't help laughing at V's answer :p she too smart, let teacher do for her!
Think this age our kids attention span not very long hor. At least for G, think he quite short attention span, will do something for a few minutes n then get bored, play another toy or switch activity. Trying to make him more focus or at least finish what he has done.

Night toilet training: any tips other waking him up? My boy don't want to wake up n pee..
sad.gif

lian,
ohh...so sorry to hear abt your loss, hugs! U r still young, build your health back & try again.

My gal also stil wearing diaper to sleep la.. She stil drinks milk and water at night before bed sure a lot of jio at nite. And she's those i sleep liao dun come disturb me type of person.. Tink difficult lei.

Wat u al toking abt starting at 4yrs?

Back