(2008/11) November 2008

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to all the wonderful Mummies here!

6498240.gif

Merry Christmas!

Soho, do u know t reason behind her meltdowns? Was she throwing tantrums? My girl has mood swings too, usually after she wake up.

Fifi, do u think R Caribbean is better than star cruise?
Is t food quality gd?

Merry post Christmas!!
countdown to few more days of 2011...

soho
i think all kids have tantrums and mood swings. for me, if V is in that bad mood, i will just ignore her until she calms down. but of cos gotta know if the tantrums is just pure tantrums or if she really needs something or what. kids nowadays are hard to tackle...
try to take some time off to break away from kids. you must be very stressed having to handle 3.

Morning all
happy.gif
! Lucky is another short week this week.

Jes: yeah mixed feelings!

Lian: See if got 2nd pump under the WTS thread?

Fifi: The cruise sounds good!

Soho: My boy usu has an average of 1 tantrum every day. Sometimes minor sometimes major meltdown
sad.gif
have to really be very patient but usu I get very angry and don't feel likeeven talking to him. Get another person to talk to your gal? Usu my hb will step in if he sees I cannot take it and vice versa. He will usu say 'Sorry' after a long session with him. Hiaz as they get older gets more challenging.

Fifi, to my surprise there are still vacancies.. I just can't figure which one is better. Oh well, we will all figure it out some how or other I guess.

Glad_gal, thanks for the recommendations!

Soho, my gal has her moments too. I will check 3 things before being harsh with her. Over-Tired? Over-Hungry? Or wet (diaper or pants)? So I will change her, feed her or get her to sleep. If all fails then I will threaten to put her at the noti corner....

Zeal:
Then go visit the schools/childcare and see which one your gal takes to. For my case, I was looking for childcare for #2 and only 1-2 had vacancies left. That is why I tell you to see if got vacancies. No vacancies then no need to think. Consider only those with vacancies and the best way is to visit.

Lilian, glad_gal and Mummy:

My girl very manja type..will like 101% attention so when i dun play with her for one min. she will meltdown. Also when wake up from sleep sometimes meltdown oso...

RE: POSTAL SERVICE

I have heard some mummies here before using this service. Can I know whats this service called and who provides it..?

Amazon.com does not deliver item to Singapore so this service will ship to US address and help us ship to Singapoore...anyone can advise?

soho, VPost u mean?

Think u have to train ur girl lor, cannot 100% have your time. Esp now u have 2 bbs to take care of

Gynae extended my MC for another 2 mths --__--"
Placenta lying low and causing spotting. BP also on t high side whenever i see him
Tsk.. old liao so much problem

Lilian: I think better for you to bedrest more..also walk less stairs.

Yesh,,, now trying to discipline her..else climb over my head.

Soho
Think some of us here used vpost bef.
Personally i feel their service can b improved.
There r other alternatives, u can chk the oversea spree thread for more info.

Fifi, can't #2 join #1 in the same childcare? Then you don't have to run 2 places. which childcare are they currently enrolled in and do u recommend them? What's are the strong points and weak ones? Thanks for sharing!

Soho:
Time to be abit stricter and start using cane. My gal rarely have meltdowns. Some mild tantrums now and then is normal but its controlled. I don't condone tantrums even by my son.

Lian:
Take care. Really stay home ok. Then rem what I told you. No sex, no carrying heavy things (i.e. no carrying your #1), no squats. And really lie/sit more. If you need, get those stockings for blood circulation in your legs.

Zeal:
My gal is not in childcare and not intending to send her to one. She is in Kindergarten.

Zeal, i m due in end May. But due to current condition, might c sect in early May. Hehe.. Same period as some of our expecting mummies here.

Saw Liv post on FB! Congrats Liv on t arrival of her princess

Fifi, hai.. I googled n read that t chances of placenta moving upwards for me is not great cos i had csect bef. If it continues to lie low, it will b v risky for me in 3rd tri.
I may have to rest at home till i deliver. Omg.. Omg..

I should be getting a prince this time. Kkmum's left right magic works !!!

Lian,

What your gynae say? Wah that's a long rest wor. Almost 5-6 months in total coz you started in early Dec right? Wah... shiok but your entitlement for Hospitalisaion Leave enuff anot? Or gonna use Maternity Leave early? Or no pay leave?

Ah lianz..
wah another 2mths of bedrest.. that's long and boring.. your company will be getting someone to cover you in the meantime? Haiz.. is it really got to do with age? So i forsee if i really get pregnant again it wont be as easy as last time le..

kid's tantrum:
umm... tot that's quite normal? or i've gotten numb to it? There is no one such day whereby my gal will not 1. cry... 2. refuse to listen.. 3. go without scolding from me..

Esp hate it when i've to repeat myself all the time on something which she refuses to obey

peanut: Mine also like tat..sometimes so fed up with the insistent crying that i will just lift her up and put her into one corner.

lilian: any thing the doc can do to help or medication to help?

lilian: I remembered my pregnancy also v.v. tough...i remembered asking about amniotic fluid here as mine was on low side. However managed to overcome after drinking a lot of water and more rest.

Lilian, there's still time to may.. Rest well and hope you get better as the days goes by!

My gal had a meltdown right before the NEw year... I think too much chocolates might be the culprit!
sad.gif

Happy new year to all mummies here!
happy.gif

Happy new year mummies!

ah lian
more rest is good for you. pls take care and rest lots. wow the turn left-right thingy works again!!! unbelievable, hahaha

Good Morning!!

Thanks mummies, will take care
happy.gif

Fifi, now using HL. After HL finished, have to take unpaid leave lor unless boss let me work from home

Nuts, yes i think has to do with age leh... So, if u really considering #2, pls dun wait liao, its for the sake of bb's and your own health.
Yes ah... 2 more mths of bedrest sounds boring. But time flies faster when i stay home leh... Not so bad yet, and i do not have to really stay in bed lah. In reality, i also cannot stay bed whole day cos i got no maid to 服侍 me, still got hsewk to do lor

ah Soho, no medication lor, only more rests and prayers.

Zeal, interested in Left Right thingy?
Its like this.... If u want Girl, turn and stay on the Left after sex. Opposite for Boy
happy.gif

Btw, your #2 is girl or boy?

mummy zeal, trying for #3? this left-right thingy really sounds amazing. so far the few mummies(glad, liv, lian... who else?) who tried got the gender that they wanted!

ah lian, y do hsework? thought u shdn't do too manual work. ask hub to do lor. are u still using PT cleaner?

ah jes, hubby already got his hands full liao leh.. He takes care of K most of t time now.
No la, i don't wash t toilets or clean t windows lah... Just laundry and getting my irobots to work and cook my own lunch
happy.gif

Not using PT cleaner now.

good morning!

ah lian
ok, good to hear you are not exactly doing much, hehe. yr duty now is to rest and rest.
happy.gif

what will be yr plan when #2 arrives? will u be getting a maid?

ah jes
still considering abt maid. If possible i hope not to get.
Wondering where can i get those day-time maid (钟点) ? Anyone here knows?? Or anyone knows any local aunty who might b interested?

Hi Lilian,
Where do u stay..? I had one who cleaned for me before and her cleaning is superb but she quite picky about location.
She is China but citizen if i m not wrong..
I have maid now so no longer use her.

ah lian
think now 钟点 very hard to get, no demand also as most pple go for FT maids. why dun you try those PT helper see if anyone wants to do this kind of day time job? but suspect will be ex, as they normally charge by hour.

ah lian
ya lor, not worth to pay that kind of $$ for day time helper. maybe just get PT helper for hse cleaning lor. then order tingkat meals, then yr mum won't be so busy.

Morning all!
happy.gif

Zeal: Hee good luck!

How's everyone planning for CNY? So many things to do..cleaning and buy new clothes, and i want to bake! :p hope next week can take leave to do it..

glad_gal: Okie...bit sian. Dunno why ley, maybe bcos still BF-fing so go out feel quite inconvenient esp long hrs outside.

Bought cutlery, clothes already but never buy goodies...leave it to parents-in-law to buy..every yr i buy also end in dustbin..no one eat.

wow wat r u baking..? any nice recipe to share?

I am also bf and expressing. Hmm must think how to do it..

I tried pineapple tarts and peanut cookies for 1st time this year. Not bad :p Using the Happycall pan! Recipes provided in the Happycall group. If u want, can send you. Btw, are you in my FB..can add you
happy.gif

Hello Mummies,

How is everyone?

My Nat finally goes to school! I think she's the last kid in our thread to attend school. Thank God she adapted well. First day at school, she wave goodbye to me and ask me to go home. I was the emo one, hang around and peep at her. Now I hv 3-4 hours of me-time every morning, and I'm loving it!

Soho/glad_gal,
Wah, bfing still got energy to bake ah? I salute you! last time when I bf my girls, all I want is sleep whenever I can.

Lian,
How u doing? Be guai guai and rest ok. Do minimum during this period, the housework not important lah. You n K are blessed with such a hands-on hb/dad. Btw, how's little K doing? Now that #2 is coming, hv you thought of becoming a SAHM?

Jes,
your job sound very busy hor? But ok as long as u happy doing what you are doing, ya?

Mummies,
I'm looking for home based job. If anyone got lobang, do let me know.

I didn't hv time to go thru the posts, but Olwen/JJmom/kiki.....like all disappear liao
sad.gif

good morning
happy.gif

ah lian
hope things turn out well with you.
is K still attending 1/2 day CC? are you intending to change her to full day?

gladgal
the HCP really can do wonders! i haven't got round to buying it! where did you get yours from? Zel told me she bought from Gmarket which is cheaper.

alynat
long time to hear. good to have some me time, right? haha... what home based job are you looking for? haiz.. my job sian lah, just work for the sake of working lor.

alynat: yes 3-4 hr is so heavenly rite..can do some things at least..

gladgal: dunno how..to bring pump out or what man...sianz. during CNY.

is happycall pan gd..? the korean one on TV?

Good Morning!

aly_nat, ah jes,
K just switched to 3hr kindy program last wk and is still adapting to t new environment & routine.
SAHM? I've nvr really thought abt it... I prefer not to lah coz i rather i earn my own money and i know i m not t 'material' to stay home n look aft t hsehold, i will go crazy. But if there is a need to, or i kena axed, then bo bian lor :p
Aly_Nat, your little Nat is so independent! Even asked u to go home.
Ah Jes, my mum turned dwn t idea of tingkat
sad.gif
Old folks still prefers piping hot home-cooked food. aiyoh...

Alynat: Great your gal adjusted well!
happy.gif

Jes: I bought fr the spree in SMH.. Think gmarket cheaper but wasn't sure which seller reliable hehe

Soho: Guess we have to limit our outings! I plan to pump once in morn b4 go out and come back home ard 3pm. Not many places to visit luckily..

Lian: so your mum plans to cook? My mum also same.. She prefers to eat home coook food so she try to cook simple dishes now.

Glad_gal, how is your mum coping? Able to handle 2 children and cook as well?
Ya, my mum prefers to cook leh... N most days she has to cook for a family of 7! Hai.. i know its hard to convince her and also satisfy my dad's tastebud.

ah lian
old folks mostly like tat, they prefer to cook and they think tingkat meals are not as healthy (most MSG, salt etc.). is yr dad working? else can talk him into staying at home full time to play with grandkids too, hehe.
wow, cooking for 7 is alot leh.

gladgal
me too, dun know who to buy from. got a contact in FB selling too, more ex and need to self collect somemore, else hv to pay additional for courier. aiya

re: cc
y'day mil told me V's cc is undergoing a staff rotation. it sounded strange to me why they are doing. now the teachers swop classes on an alternate day basis - eg. mon & wed PG class, tue & thur N1 class etc. so now the kids are cared of by different teachers. and y'day V cried when she couldn't see her usual teacher. is it a norm for cc to practise rotation? frankly i wouldnt like it if the kids are not adapting well due to this.

I have some coupons for Gmarket expiring on 12 Jan 2012. $5 off $25 & $10 off $50. can use for HappyCall. If you want, pm me ur email. First come first served hor... and limited to only regulars of this thread so those non regulars who happen to chance across this thread, DON'T pm me.

Back