(2008/11) November 2008

darlest: yes.. my son is a very proud person. haha.. whenever i praised and claps hand.. u should look at his face.. yaya papaya.. yeah he will keep doing it for you.. but he such a SNOB!
 


Morning Mummies,

wow...yest Jalen & friends joined the Toddler Telematch at Babycare festival...Jalen didn't won the first prize cos he very stubborn dun want me to hold the ball for him..so he dili deli there...anyway i kw it's just a game...so long he's happy n got 4pcs of Huggies Pullup pants.
happy.gif

Two of my gf's kids got the first prize n they won 36 x4packs of Huggies Pullup pants.
happy.gif

So many freebies there....our strollers r full of freebies...i brought some Gerber puffs,Nestle cereals n jar dessert for Jalen..Gd buy there!
Those mummies haven't go dwn...go grab them nw
happy.gif


darlest
welcome here
happy.gif

I'm staying in HG
happy.gif


Well done Sky & Brandon!
happy.gif


re:poo smelly
ya...very smelly when clearin...usually i will use the water spray n dettol to wash away his potty. As they eat solid the poo is so smelly lo...esp when ate fish more smelly....
 
jes: haha.. reali so powerful the sai till u feel like puke.. wa liao.. must be very smelly.. my hb the other day clean his buttock when he poos. he say very smelly. He very long no clean his backside.. now our bbs starting to eat adult food, their poos powerful.

darlest: yeah i also getting the toilet seat ring for bb. so no need to clear the potty. hehe.. easier.. in future they also need to use the toilet seat.

brushing teeth: my son refused to let me clean his teeth.. even i try to play with him.. mummies how you clean bb teeth? n how many times a day?
 
Lynn,
Ya, I also hv problem cleaning teeth for Nat. She only let me clean her lower teeth, but when I tried to brush the upper teeth, she will either shut her mouth, or bite on the toothbrush. I tried using my fingers, n she bit on it real hard!! ouch! I think her little pearlies will turn yellow n decay soon.
 
lynn & aly_nat
I show Jalen how i brush my teeth so he will follow me. I brought him those rubber small toothbrush which he can hold n brush himself, he does bite the toothbrush too...I like the toothbrush cos it can clean the upper n lower teeth together
happy.gif
 
hi mummies: hope all had a great weekend!

my mum was in a foul mood this morning cos luke woke up at 5 & refused to sleep till 6.45. & gerard cried at 2 a.m. so she smacked rachel couple of times this morning for crying & crying. v heart pain but what to do. my MIL never smacks my kids no matter how naughty they r.

darlest: u r v near st anne's church? my cousin's flat is at rivervale & st anne's is near there. apparently there's a v cheap medical hall in rivervale plaza selling milk powder & diapers.

jes, enne: sure! but it's raining so much this last week. must ask guru bear her opinion on when is a good time to go kite flying.

RCB, mildy; i also went baby fair at expo but i didn't get any freebies leh. bot lots of nestle stuff. the nan 3 was sold out within 1.5 hours. scary. pureen was cheap too. too bad i only had 1 hour to walk around there tho. also dropped by curious tots at suntec & the wyeth booth at kidz academy after work but got turned away. i aint buying any wyeth ever. anyway gerard doesn't like it. he points at it & says "nan". then if u ask him if he wants, he shakes his head. haiz.

lots of stuff at taka too but only had an hour to rush thru. kai was good, helped me carry the basket.

lynn, aly_nat, jes, mildy: if u ladies find it difficult to wash potty, u can buy the soft toilet seat from toys r us. on sale now. $12.95. v colourful & cute. my maids like using it much better than potty. i got it on fri plus my 2 white ones earlier one.

dymples, snnowy: my 2 cents worth on kids, we grumble a lot but at the end of the day we still can't do without them. guess my experience is v different cos i've never been a SAHM like u both are/were. i still think u both were v good to give up your careers for the kids & u can pat yourselves on the backs for tt
happy.gif
 
Olwwen,
Poor R. I hope your MIL's mood improve soon. If possible, maybe she should go catch up with her sleep. Otherwise, the kids might kena from her again.

Does the kiddy toilet seat fits just any type of adult toilet seat? If can, I go buy one this weekend. I bought one from Kiddy Palace years ago for Aly, but it didn't fit. Kiddy Palace refuse to allow refund/exchange becos the packaging was opened. So angry - how I know cannot fit until I open it up, remove the cardboard backing, n try fitting it on the home toilet seat, right?? From appearance, it look ok, but it does not sit well when we place it on. After that, we just give her potty, until she is old enough to support herself on the adult toilet seat.
 
Hi Lian,
zao an!
last week u very quiet hor? everything ok? last week I hv more time to be on the net becos sch hols mah, Aly, my little nanny, was at home to entertain Nat
happy.gif
 
aly_nat, me took 2 days leave last wk. Yup, everything is fine
happy.gif

But .. haiz.. later got to do powerpoint presentation for my boss, so that he can present to his boss.. sianz...
 
Olwen,
Oh dear. Can anyone else help whilst your MIL tries to get forty winks later? Cos being sleep deprived will definately affect the mood. Me too... also guilty of being sleep deprived then scold and smack my gals for smallest mistakes. *bad mommy*

Actually.. I loved being a SAHM and look after my gals. I felt more rewarded at the end of the day although really physically n emotionally drained. Now after returning back to the workforce, how I wish to continue being a SAHM. Really not easy to juggle both home and work. If my hub salary can afford... I'd rather drop all my work and concentrate being a SAHM.

Especially now that my #1 is in P2 and #2 going to P1 next year, I feel the need for me to be home coaching them not only in their studies but their overall development. Because I feel like such a terrible lousy mommy when I come home from work ssoooo exhausted and all I want to do is to have a quick shower and then climb and 'hide' in bed. But yet, I need to 'force' myself to have a quick shower, then rush to check through their school diary, homework, etc. Then because I am sssoo tired, I got no patience and loose my temper easily. Haiz...
 
aly nat,
I also bot the child's toilet seat from Kiddy Palace. I find the 'fit' is not so snug. Still got slight space for the seat to move around. So I bot those rubber things that I can stick below the seat to prevent it from moving around.


rainbowcandy,
May I know where you bot the rubber toothbrush from? What brand is it? I'm thinking of getting one for Baby J since she has all her teeth now. Else got 'smelly' mouth after drinking her milk. hahahahah...
 
Good morning Ladies
happy.gif


Yest, we went queue at Suntec Curious Tots Photo contest for 45mins. Took 3 free shots but onli get 1 complimentry photo with frame and some Friso milk sachets. We kw tat we won't win the hampers la so we waited for abt 3hrs+ for the results...

The 3rd prize bb girl is so lovely like a lil princess which i tink is the best. Then the 2nd prize boy is a "ang moh" n the First prize goes to a Malay boy weaing a pair of sunglasses which we tink is very normal look.

I think they giving prizes to those drinking Friso milk formula.

olwenlim
got to be the first 1000 customers daily to get the goody bag, sign up the mighty saver acc n fill in the form for Delphin pot.
Gerald so clever still kws hw to shake head to choose his milk ar...lol~


aly_nat
this wk bk to normal....Aly can't be yr little nanny the whole day liao...Shall arrange another for playmates at yr hse...
 
Good Morning!!!

I remembered last time when i tried to potty train my #1, she hor will pee on the floor every 5 mins!!! i wipe till sian which is y i let them learn themselves when they are older. :p

dymples/aly_nat,
i bought the toilet seat from toysrus before, i think ard $12.90 or something. fits ok leh.
 
Good morning mummies!

I brought my boy to GUG yesterday again for the re-scheduled trial session. He cried and wailed again so loud which eventually, both my husband and me agreed to give up for now. so, there goes my $50 liao.
sad.gif
But there's a good side to it now coz my hubby suddenly told me he wants to put my boy in a daily cc.hehe..I never expect this decision of his at all. and the most hilarious thing is, he said he'll go and search for the cc and make sure its good before sending my boy there.hahaha..
My prayers has been answered finally!!!
happy.gif
 
Moomummy,
Good for you! Guess your hub saw the importance of your boy being able to interact with other kiddos and being comfortable in classroom.
 
rise & shine! hi hi everyone!

went to kiddy palace on sun. the pigeon wet wipes dun have 20% discount.. so sad. my gal only suit this pigeon wet wipes, if she use other brand, she will hav rashes..

hi owen, yup, i am. i think i know which store u talking abt. hmm.. slighty cheaper for the enfa milk powder. but the pampers brand balloon stretch diapers still the same price. my gal only suit this. the rest of the brand she will get rashes..so sometimes when ntuc is having sales of the ballon stretch, i will buy more.

sometimes when i have not enuf sleep esp when my gal is sick or teething, my gal will keep waking up crying. and i will become a bad mummy the next day.. haiz.. me guilty too... my poor gal..
imagine, i need to do so many things in a day. work at home, take care of my gal, bath her, brush her teeth, prepare for my gal's nap, cook my gal porridge, wash her milk bottle at nite, wipe down & brush her teeth before her sleeping time at nite & housework.. no longer have ME time.
i brush my gal teeth twice a day. one in the morn, one before her zzzz time.
 
Darlest, haha.. i know what u mean...
SAHM is even harder to get ME time. FTWM, although stressed at work and home, but we can get some personal time.
 
dymples,
same sentiments, would love to be a SAHM if i could. especially when shit happens at work and you'd rather spend time with your child. even tho not paid, e rewards and joy is definitely more than a real job. plus, your child will remember you no matter what. No one is gonna remember what a great employee you were right?

re: classes
i never thot i would be a mum who is into all the enrichments, activities etc but i am feeling more and more that i need to let my girl have a good balance of being in a environment where it is not just the usual familiar faces around her. so that she can overcome the fear of a new place/face. the funny thing is that she is a real social butterfly when she is with us. but the moment we are out of the picture she becomes completely different.
 
haiz.. i guess grass is always the greener on the other side. tat's life i guess. SAHM want to be FTWM, wherelse, FTWM looking forward to be SAHM...
 
Haru,
I totally agree with you. Whatever effort we put into our children now will surely reap great rewards later on. My hub ever comment that our 3 gals are our greatest ROI (return on investment) hahahah. Yah lah. We are easily replaceable at work. No one cares a sh** what sacrifices you make at work.


Darlest,
I've been a SAHM before when I quit totally from work to care for 2 older girls for nearly 4-years. And I say that those were the best years! For sure money was tight and it was tough physically n emotionally. But I felt sssoo rewarded whenever I saw any of girls achieve milestones. At least I was there for their 1st Step, 1st words, 1st kiss, 1st tooth, 1st fever, 1st tantrums and meltdown, etc. I was there through all their joys and I was there to kiss their hurts away. A mommy's job is never ending and we are NOT replaceable. Mommy knows best! Mommy will always be there for our babies no matter what!
happy.gif
.

But with 3 kids in tow, I don't have a choice but have to work to supplment the home income. Hub's salary is not enough to cover our basic daily necessities. That's life in SG I guess.

Though I'm not there so much for my children now... I always try to find time. But in doing so, I need to sacrifice my ME time. No more massages or facials. No more spas and no more couple holidays. No more movies day out and no more leisurely dinners. Frustrating yes... but at the end of the day... I love my kids!!
 
=) like i always say, mother's love is always the greatest. me too. no more massages, spa, shopping, medi & pedi, no more movies time, no more spending time with gfs, no more couple holidays & leisurely dinner. my time is all on my gal & my hb..

be it a SAHM or a FTWM, we all trying to be the best of mom to our child.
 
Darlest,
Yup yup yup... All Mommies are 'zhui wei da' liaoz! hehehhe...
kao_cheers.gif


Sometimes my gf's will scold me and say I'm stupid. Got maid at home, but I do everything for my gals. Not like them, they can leave their children alone at home with the maid on weekends whilst they and their hubs go shopping, catch movies, even go for spas. But I dun dare leh... cos I dun trust my maid to take good care of them. Even when I'm home, she can dare to ignore their instructions or pretend cannot hear when they call for her. Dun dare to tink what nonsense she will be up to when they are alone with her. Haiz... maid quality nowadays not like before. Too bad I'm not super rich like those hollywood celebs... else I can afford to get in those trained nannies. How nice... hahahaha.
 
hahaha.. i dun trust maid too! tat why i didnt & keep delaying getting a maid. heard tons of story abt maid. most of my gfs does tat too like ur gfs... i dun think i can be like them.
 
Dymples-i TOTALLY AGREE with u.. end of the day.. I love my kids too.. (i also wish to be sahm)

my HB likes to say.. he used to be in my heart totally.. now the kids are.. he can barely be seen at the 'tip' of my heart nia.. hahaa..
 
Darlest-for me, i totally don't trust having a stranger to take care of my kids lo.. so the idea never cross my mind, heng my MIL is young enuf to manage my 2 kids herself.. else I cfm 'headache'..
 
afternoon mummies, juz wake up from my powernap hee.

maid:
thanks for all ur inputs, actually wanna look for those transfer maids with ex-employer recommendation one (ya i know quite rare)... got one with ok comments from a friend: her maid worked for them for 6-7 years, she cant afford the maid now cos her husband got retrenched and her kids quite big le... but the maid's contract end in march means we got to prepare everything and take her in by then abit rush lor.. also thinking the maid will got nothing to do yet leh so end up got to give it a miss lor...
anyway totally clueless how to start... alibaba and fifi, can i have ur maid agency's contact first ah?

ms
thanks for all the tips, till date i have tried ginger tea soursop drink, smaller meals, anti-nausea pills all like useless leh... the only thing that helps a bit is.. COKE!! somemore i must take the super cold one, feel good to burp after that... i know not good to take cold drinks but cannot take it leh... sigh anyway feeling slightly better now and going for my OSCAR ths week... boh bi everything ok hee
 
lian,
is that why u disappear??

Kiki,
hang in there. your 1st trimester is ending soon, right? The nausea feeling should subside soon. fingers crossed for u.
Is the maid still looking for transfer? my hb will only agree to a maid if she's tried n tested, with strong recommendations. can kia-siao or not?
 
congrate lilian! =)

kiki, im sure everything will be ok. jia you!

enne, i always envy those have their mother or mil to take care of their kids. my mother still working & my mil dun have energy & dun like to stay at home to look after kids.. so... and im like u too, i dun trust stranger to look after my gal.
anyway. me 50% want to have another baby, so my gal will not be sooo lonely. but another 50%, i dun want is bcoz how am i going to cope with another child... moreover, im not young anymore, though i still look young. i miscarriage before.. my baby lost his/her life when he/she is 2 week old in my tummy. no heart beat when i go for my 2nd scan..

and when i pregnant with my current gal tat time, i have two big polips(lumps) growing just outside the waterbag. tat time, my doc warn me tat i might miscarriage again cause if the lumps keep growing & it might burst the water bag.. my heart always stop when i go for scan to prepare for the worst. Thank god everything is ok.so now, i sort of like probia to be pregnant...
 
Thanks for all the concerns, mummies
Last week, me and hubby went hospital for checkup
happy.gif

hehehe

But is his checkup, not mine la. He went for a minor op
With my 大姨妈 with me now, i dun tink i am preg lor ;P

ah Kiki, u on leave until when??
 
Haru,
I also like u. I want Nat to hv a chance to interact with her peers, but with single income, I'm procrastinating due to the high cost for enrichment classes.
Nat attends our church Sunday school once a week. And she really enjoys being with the other kids/toys/singing/eating... like a mini playgroup. I take the opportunity to teach her sharing, becos she is very ba-dao at home. being the youngest, everybody at home gives in to her.

Any mummies interested to join in, pls feel free to let me know. I'm either there on Sat 5pm, or Sun 10am, for abt 1.5 t- 2 hours. It's free, n u dun hv to be a church member. The session is facilitated by church volunteers.
 
Dymples,
actually i think you are doing an awesome job. with 3 kids, full time job and still doing so much with your kid. I am working almost full time, and only 1 kid and yet sometimes i feel like i can barely stop and breath. only thing is i have no maid. hubby still gets to have his guys night out, chalet stays, etc..but as for me, i have only spent one night away (only till 11pm) from my girl since she was born. i have not seen a movie, gone for spa, pedi, facial, etc since giving birth. it can get a lil draining at times, but when i see my girl's cute lil face when she has fallen asleep soundly, melts all the sacrifices away.=)

and yes, if i could afford i would hire a professional nanny from Norland Nanny School! hahah...
 
Lian,
I wish "Mr Lilian" a speedy recovery.

Darlest,
Can u get treatment for those lumps before TTC-ing? If your factory is not permanently shut yet, then plan for one asap. Indeed, being an only child can be quite lonely, especially when your bb goes to school, n she start to articulate her thoughts. She might pester u for a sibling. That's what happen to me. my 2 gals r 6 years apart. Meanwhile, look after yourself n stay healthy. U never know when u will strike toto.
 
Lilian,
for a while i was pleasantly surprised as i remember you mentioning that you are not planning on #2 for now. haha..but i must say, until now i still have a temptation to go for #2, but with time, financial and work consideration.. the thought just goes "pff!"..

aly_nat,
sounds so similar to me! my girl is also like the princess of our families. hence she tends to be very insistent on getting her way. so far, she really gets scolding maingly coz of that.

which sunday school are you gg to? coz i bring my girl to my church's children's service too but the parents do not accompany (coz attending service). is that the same as yours?

and yes, it always boils down to the dollars and cents. i am always tempted to try out certain programmes for her but most of them are just not the most affordable! hence we try to bring her for lots of outdoor activities on our own, even just bringing her to the park, etc..=)
 
Darlest-*hugz* must not be easy for u.. dun think u know my little fighter story.. anyway.. he suffer way too much when he was just a few days old.. and.. I got phobia already.. so am closing shop.. can't stand another nitemare.

I understand, always go see gynae, if never see the 'blinking' thingy on the machine, my heart will like go 'stop' like tat..
 


haru,
I attend Trinity @ Paya Lebar. Children's church - it's up to u. If your little one can cope being away from you, better still. U can go attend the adult service w/o any interruption. Otherwise, u can choose to stay with your bb. Occassionally, I stayed behind to chat with the other mummies in children's church. For those kids with separation anxiety, I feel that this is a good place to start. The volunteers will call the mummies/daddies (who r attending the adult service) on their mobile if their little ones cannot cope on their own. They can hop over anytime to see their kids.

At Trinity, the kids are grouped according to ages.

Which church do u go to?
 

Back
Top