(2008/10) Oct 2008

<font color="0000ff">Icylemon,

Think it started 2 wks back, going to pop by later to check it out
happy.gif
hahaha
</font>

XY, really!

mix with normal temp water? how long can 1 bottle last u? do u know roughtly how much it will cost us in sin dollar.

thanks

re linda linda..
i ordered from shoppin stars last bp, is that the one u all try to order? its already closed long ago, so that's prob why she doesn't reply. i went to her house to collect the stuff i got, bought the strawberry backpack n raincoat.
am thinking of getting a sling bag but the bp jjmon mentioned is also closed rite?

barney - my girl also likes barney but already bringing her to sesame street. its on the same days. i don't know why it wasn't annouced earlier also. http://www.sistic.com.sg/portal/dt?retry=1&amp;dt.windowProvider.targetPortletChannel=JSPTabContainer/sEventsCalendar/Event&amp;retry=1&amp;contentCode=barney0910&amp;dt.isPortletRequest=true&amp;dt.provider=PortletWindowProcessChannel&amp;dt.containerName=JSPTabContainer/sEventsCalendar&amp;dt.action=process&amp;dt.windowProvider.currentChannelMode=VIEW&amp;dt.window.portletAction=RENDER#discountAnchor

xy - u getting iherb again ar. so lucky vitamins no good? its cheaper wor...
i think i need another sambucus for kids natures way..same as last time.

French couple held after 8 dead babies found AFP - Thursday, July 29Send IM Story Print

French couple held after 8 dead babies found
VILLERS-AU-TERTRE, France (AFP) - – French authorities said a couple have been arrested after the bodies of eight newborn babies were found in a northern village, in what could be the country's biggest infanticide case.

Police with sniffer dogs searched two houses in Villers-au-Tertre near the northern city of Lille after detaining the pair, both aged in their mid-40s, on Tuesday.

A local councillor said the new owners of a house in the village had called in police on Saturday after finding the bones of infants in the garden of their new home as they were digging there.

The house previously belonged to the parents of the arrested woman.

Police have found two bodies at that site, the councillor said.

Their inquiries led them to the couple's home in the village around a kilometre (less than a mile) away, where six more babies' bodies were found, the councillor said.

A judicial source said the case could turn out to be the deadliest infanticide incident ever known in France.

The detained couple were respected in the community, the councillor said. The husband worked in the building trade while his wife worked as a nursing assistant.

The prosecutors' office in the nearby city of Douai was to open a judicial inquiry on Thursday which was expected to lead to the couple being charged, a legal source said.

Paramilitary gendarmes were deployed outside the house in Villers-au-Tertre where the babies' bodies were found, and sealing off the entrance to the building on Wednesday.

Officers at the scene confirmed that two dog handlers and five sniffer dogs had been working at both houses.

"I'm still in shock," the former mayor of the village, Daniel Collignon, told AFP, describing the village as a very calm and rural place.

Neighbours also reacted with astonishment to the news.

"They are normal people, who even have a role in the community," said one. "It's incredible."

Another neighbour, a man in his 50s, added: "These are attractive, helpful, polite and courteous people."

They had done nothing to suggest that they might be capable of abnormal behaviour, he said.

"The husband was even elected to the town council," he added.

As teams of journalists arrived at the scene, he, like several other neighbours who preferred not to be identified, insisted that the couple should be not be judged in advance by the media.

The couple had two grown-up daughters and were grandparents, said another local resident.

One teenage girl said the couple's daughters were nice girls and described the mother as a simple, quiet woman "who wouldn't harm a fly."

Neighbours said they had lived in the village of 700 people for at least 15 years.

Prosecutors were to give a news conference about the macabre discovery on Thursday.

The incident is just the latest in a string of similar cases in France.

Previous cases over the last three decades have included mothers -- and sometimes their partners -- being convicted for having killed five, six, even seven babies.

The most notorious recent incident was that of 41-year-old Veronique Courjault, who in June 2009 was jailed for eight years by a court in Tours, central France.

She admitted to having smothered two baby boys born in secret at her expatriate home in South Korea in 2002 and 2003, and a third child born in France in 1999.

She was freed in May 2010, having served a total of four years in jail after the time she spent in remand since her arrest.

<font color="aa00aa">CheerBear,
i read this news this morning. so hurt to see got such things happened like tat. haiz...
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">wat kind of fxxking mother is SHE!!! killing her own kids. bitch!!</font>

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20100728/twl-france-crime-children-6b0205e.html

French mother confesses to eight infant murders

VILLERS-AU-TERTRE, France (AFP) - – A French nursing assistant Thursday admitted suffocating eight newborn babies because she did not want more children and wished to avoid seeing a doctor for contraception, a prosecutor said.

Dominique Cottrez, 45, was charged with murder Thursday after the new owners of her parents' former home at the weekend found the remains of two newborns buried in plastic bags in the garden as they planted a tree.

The skeletal remains of the other six infants were later found dumped, also in plastic sacks, in the garage of the mother's current home.

Prosecutor Eric Vaillant told reporters Cottrez admitted suffocating the infants because after having two daughters "she did not want any more children" and did not want "to see a doctor to get contraception."

Cottrez's husband Pierre-Marie Cottrez was freed after denying any knowledge of the killings.

His wife, whose heavy build appears to have concealed the pregnancies from acquaintances, now faces trial and life imprisonment.

Investigators said she had confessed to suffocating the babies shortly after their births between 1989 and 2006 or 2007, and to concealing the bodies from her husband under household clutter in the garage.

The father told officers he had never suspected his wife was pregnant.

In past cases some defendants have said they were in denial about their pregnancies and not fully responsible for their actions, but Vaillant said Cottrez had admitted to being "perfectly aware" of her condition.

Stunned residents of the quiet village of Villers-au-Tertre in northern France put flowers outside the two houses where police had found the infants' bodies over the past few days.

Scene: French village horrified by killing of eight babies

Local priest Robert Meignotte placed eight candles outside the couple's current home where most of the remains were found.

"I'm very upset," he said. "I baptise five children every Sunday in the 17 villages of the parish. You don't just throw children out like that in a big bag. It's incomprehensible."

Prosecutors described it as the worst case of infanticide in recent French history, following a string of similar cases in which isolated and troubled mothers disposed of their newborns.

The suspects were brought before a magistrate in the nearby town of Douai to hear the charges.

Pierre-Marie Cottrez worked as a carpenter and was a respected member of the village council in Villers-au-Tertre, a 620-strong community.

"He's on his third term in office. He used to volunteer in the community. He's a respectable man," local mayor Patrick Mercier told reporters.

Mercier said the councillor's wife was a more withdrawn person who rarely took part in village life. He said she had a weight problem which might be the reason why any pregnancies had passed unnoticed.

"No-one was aware of anything at all," said the shocked mayor, adding that Villers-au-Tertre was a village "where nothing ever happens."

The pair were arrested on Tuesday and questioned while police used sniffer dogs to search the two addresses.

According to Vaillant, the mother quickly confessed and told officers to search the couple's home in another part of the village.

Teams went there and six more sets of remains were found in the garage, tied up in four plastic bin bags and concealed under plant pots and junk.

Gendarmes were deployed outside one of the houses where the bodies were found, and sealed off the entrance to the macabre scene with plastic sheeting.

"I'm still in shock," said a former mayor of Villers-au-Tertre, Daniel Collignon, echoing the sentiments of many local people.

The couple had lived in the village for 15 years and their grown-up daughters have children themselves. Neither showed any sign of unusual behaviour, local residents said.

The incident follows a string of similar cases in France.

Earlier this year a mother was convicted of killing six of her newborn children and hiding them in the cellar of her house in northwestern France.

Another notorious recent case was of a mother who was jailed in June last year for smothering two boys born in secret at her expatriate home in South Korea, and a third child born in France, and hiding them in a freezer.

<font color="119911">morning all,

cold wet friday!

Think these mommies who killed their bbs, mayb they were having some mental problems but no 1 noticed...poor bbs
sad.gif
</font>

<font color="119911">XY,
Ok, let's wait for the rain to stop &amp; we arrange to meet later.
how much do i owe u for them?</font>

<font color="aa00aa">XY &amp; JJmom,
you gals de office so near to each other??

any mummies interested in the Barney show? Jelly is interested. she will love to join us.

Trace,
how are you??
</font>

Barney - my boy shld be interested..but i doubt i can sit thru the show...so for that he cant get to see it...haha wicked mummy....

hi trace - how is ur SIL? still drama mama?

<font color="119911">teacher mommies :
r the pri schools still having steaming in P3? r there still banding system?

any other major exams besides the PSLE for the pri schools now?</font>

<font color="aa00aa">JJmom,
hai yo... wats there to jealous abt leh....

Trace,
you should have ORD mood now mah. hack care lah. juz hand over nicely then time to go juz go.
</font>

Back