(2008/10) Oct 2008

morning

jjmom
ya, going to leave a note on the comms book for next week. i want them to potty train her now as she is already doing well during the day

night potty training, i may suggest to my mom to put R out of diapers soon for bed time but not so soon cos R is hvg diarrhea these days.

Hi mummies long time no see. Sorry to dampen your moods but really need someone to hear my plight and advice what to do. As some of u may already know, I am expecting #2. Unfortunately, at 16w it is found that baby has an abnormal condition, bilateral multicystic dysplastic kidneys. In short, both kidneys are not developed and dr verdict is that it will not survive.

I am preparing myself to opt for induced labour. But someone adviced me to go KKH for 2nd opinion. Actually I don't expect any miracle, what I have read online also said the condition is fatal. But I thought at least give the baby a chance. Anyone has contacts for KKH gynae? I called one clinic earliest appt i can get is in 3 weeks time. Shd I get a referral letter from gp so that it's faster?

So sorry to be a spoiler here. Pregnant mummies like Joanne, pls don't get affected by me ok...

XY thanks for ordering the iherbs stuff. Sorry it's becoz of my prob that I haven't been able to support u at My Kenteen. But I promise I'll go down one day ok.

Hi Wan Chuen,

Sorry to hear abt ur bb's condition. what is ur gynea's advise? maybe can get ur gynea to refer to NUH's ultra scan dept. That's was what my gynea did for me 2 years ago. My first detail scan was done at TMC, after which my gynea got me to go 2 more scan at KKH and NUH. Personally i prefer the indian male gynea professor at NUH. But i forgotten his name. He was more caring and more details in his explaination of the situation we are facing. KKH's head of scan dept is very professional but less "feeling".

Hope this is useful to u.

Take care!

Hi little doggie:
My gynae told me I am free to seek a 2nd opinion but he is certain of his diagnosis. So I didn't ask him for any referral. Wouldn't it seem that I am doubting him then, when he said he is so sure? He only gave me 2 options, either to end it by abortion b4 24w, or wait for the baby to pass on inside the womb then removing it. Between the 2, I think option 1 will be less distressing.

Wan Chuen, am sorry to hear tat...But think wld be better to seek a 2nd opinion and decides from there? Stay strong ok...take care, hugs!!

Wan Chuen
opps, i juz realised u are asking for KKH gynea contact. My sister's gynea is Dr John Tee.

The NUH gynea i mentioned should be A/Prof Arijit Biswas.

U can take a look at this link for list of gynea available in singapore

http://www.gynaecologist.sg/gynae.html

I agreed for u to go for a 2nd opinion. Give bb a chance. Talk to a doctor who can tell u the full details or at least answer your doubts.

<font face="georgia">Hi Wan Chuen,
Sorry to hear abt that, you must stay strong. My personal view is that its better to go for 2nd opinion. To convince yourself and give bb another chance.

*hugs*</font>

Hi Wan Chuen,

Sorry to hear that. You mean KKH private clinic earliest appointment is 3 weeks? Referral from GP should be the same. Maybe you can try NUH or SGH.

Little doggie: thanks for the link and contact.

Poohbear: yah the clinic said that's the earliest they can slot me in. U mean NUH or SGH will be faster?

Anyway, thanks mummies for all your support. I will go for 2nd opinion but actually I already accepted that this is the end.

Wan Chuen,
I'm sorry to hear about your condition. Doctors will understand if you're seeking 2nd opinion. Anybody facing the same situation will want to seek a 2nd opinion. You can call him and let him know that you would like a good contact for the second opinion and you would like to know the diagnosis early. Perhaps he could give you someone that's earlier than 3 weeks.

Hi wan chuen - have pm u pls call me. my boy has kidney probs so i might be of some help.

my gynae only does Prof Arijit Biswas for detail scan he is at NUH. He is a caring docs who give babies a chance.

there is another doc - private - dr Kumar at SSR international Plc Camden Medical Centre #06-07/08. He is also supposed to be good at detail scan too. alot of complicated cases go to him.

Wan Chuen, my heart goes out to you... The doc vanilla recc seemed ideal...pls seek second opinion. in that way, no matter what the outcome is, you know you have done your best for baby. and i believe if the choice is to terminate, ur recovery process will be slightly easier emotionally. though still very painful.
sad.gif

wan chuen

take care...

mummies

mint, saxo, (maybe Joanne) and I are meeting this thurs at 1230pm at city hall for lunch. Do join us if you're free!
happy.gif

<font color="119911">iHerbs Apr11 Batch ARRIVED!
Please transfer to POSB Savings 218008380</font>
Apr11 Batch <table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Name</TD><TD>Item description</TD><TD> Price </TD><TD>Qty</TD><TD> Discount @ 6% </TD><TD> Shipping cost </TD><TD> Total (USD) </TD><TD> 1.28 </TD><TD> Pls Pay </TD></TR><TR><TD>Everafter</TD><TD>Childlife, Pure DHA, Berry Flavor, 90 Soft Gel Capsules</TD><TD> 9.95 </TD><TD>2</TD><TD> 18.71 </TD><TD> 0.34 </TD><TD> 19.05 </TD><TD> 24.39 </TD><TD> 24.39 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little doggie</TD><TD>Nordic Naturals Arctic Cod Liver Oil - no added favour</TD><TD>21.20</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> 39.86 </TD><TD> 4.70 </TD><TD> 44.56 </TD><TD> 57.04 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Childlife, Colostrum with Probiotics, Orange/Pineapple Flavor, 50 g Powder (1.7 oz)</TD><TD> 17.24 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 16.21 </TD><TD> 0.26 </TD><TD> 16.46 </TD><TD> 21.08 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Childlife, First Defense, 4 fl oz (118.5 ml) </TD><TD> 16.02 </TD><TD>4</TD><TD> 60.23 </TD><TD> 3.76 </TD><TD> 63.99 </TD><TD> 81.91 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Childlife, Liquid Vitamin C, Orange Flavor, 4 fl oz (118.5 ml)</TD><TD> 5.81 </TD><TD>4</TD><TD> 21.83 </TD><TD> 4.16 </TD><TD> 25.99 </TD><TD> 33.27 </TD><TD> 193.30 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Purple</TD><TD>Earth's Best, Organic Elmo Noodlemania Soup, 14.5 oz (411 g) </TD><TD> 2.13 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 2.00 </TD><TD> 1.77 </TD><TD> 3.77 </TD><TD> 4.83 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Earth's Best, Sesame Street Crunchin' Crackers, Cheddar, 5.3 oz (150 g) </TD><TD> 2.73 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 2.57 </TD><TD> 0.73 </TD><TD> 3.29 </TD><TD> 4.22 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Earth's Best, Organic Letter of the Day Cookies, Very Vanilla, 5.3 oz (150 g) </TD><TD> 2.73 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 2.57 </TD><TD> 0.73 </TD><TD> 3.29 </TD><TD> 4.22 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Nature's Plus, Source of Life, Animal Parade, Vitamin C, Children's Chewable Supplement, Natural Orange Juice Flavor, 90 Animals </TD><TD> 7.82 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 7.35 </TD><TD> 0.75 </TD><TD> 8.11 </TD><TD> 10.38 </TD><TD> 16.68 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wan Chuen</TD><TD>Jason Natural, Earth's Best Organic, Sesame Street, Crunchin' Grahams, Chocolate, 5.3 oz (150 g)</TD><TD> 2.73 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 2.57 </TD><TD> 0.67 </TD><TD> 3.24 </TD><TD> 4.15 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Earth's Best, Organic Yogurt Rice Crisp Bars, Vanilla, 6 Bars, 0.67 oz (19 g) Each Bar </TD><TD> 3.78 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 3.55 </TD><TD> 0.67 </TD><TD> 4.22 </TD><TD> 5.41 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Earth's Best, Organic Elmo Noodlemania Soup, 14.5 oz (411 g) </TD><TD> 2.13 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 2.00 </TD><TD> 1.77 </TD><TD> 3.77 </TD><TD> 4.83 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Earth's Best, Sesame Street Crunchin' Crackers, Cheddar, 5.3 oz (150 g) </TD><TD> 2.73 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 2.57 </TD><TD> 0.73 </TD><TD> 3.29 </TD><TD> 4.22 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Earth's Best, Organic Letter of the Day Cookies, Very Vanilla, 5.3 oz (150 g) </TD><TD> 2.73 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 2.57 </TD><TD> 0.73 </TD><TD> 3.29 </TD><TD> 4.22 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Earth's Best, Sesame Street, Elmo Vegetable Soup, 14.5 oz (411 g)</TD><TD> 2.13 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 2.00 </TD><TD> 1.74 </TD><TD> 3.74 </TD><TD> 4.79 </TD><TD> 27.08 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elch</TD><TD>Earth's Best, Shampoo &amp; Body Wash, Lavender, 8.5 fl oz (250 ml)</TD><TD> 5.75 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 5.41 </TD><TD> 1.10 </TD><TD> 6.50 </TD><TD> 8.33 </TD><TD> 8.33 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jolly</TD><TD>Jason Natural, Earth's Best Organic, Snackin' Fruit Hearts, Blueberry, 1.4 oz (40 g) </TD><TD> 1.37 </TD><TD>4</TD><TD> 5.15 </TD><TD> 0.68 </TD><TD> 5.83 </TD><TD> 7.47 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Healthy Times, Whole Grain Brown Rice Cereal for Baby, 6 oz (170 g)</TD><TD> 3.30 </TD><TD>15</TD><TD> 46.53 </TD><TD> 11.32 </TD><TD> 57.85 </TD><TD> 74.06 </TD><TD> 81.53 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Oops... error in last column. Pls see revised.

<font color="119911">iHerbs Apr11 Batch ARRIVED!
Please transfer to POSB Savings 218008380</font>
Apr11 Batch <table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Name</TD><TD>Item description</TD><TD> Price </TD><TD>Qty</TD><TD> Discount @ 6% </TD><TD> Shipping cost </TD><TD> Total (USD) </TD><TD> 1.28 </TD><TD> Pls Pay </TD></TR><TR><TD>Everafter</TD><TD>Childlife, Pure DHA, Berry Flavor, 90 Soft Gel Capsules</TD><TD> 9.95 </TD><TD>2</TD><TD> 18.71 </TD><TD> 0.34 </TD><TD> 19.05 </TD><TD> 24.39 </TD><TD> 24.39 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little doggie</TD><TD>Nordic Naturals Arctic Cod Liver Oil - no added favour</TD><TD>21.20</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> 39.86 </TD><TD> 4.70 </TD><TD> 44.56 </TD><TD> 57.04 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Childlife, Colostrum with Probiotics, Orange/Pineapple Flavor, 50 g Powder (1.7 oz)</TD><TD> 17.24 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 16.21 </TD><TD> 0.26 </TD><TD> 16.46 </TD><TD> 21.08 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Childlife, First Defense, 4 fl oz (118.5 ml) </TD><TD> 16.02 </TD><TD>4</TD><TD> 60.23 </TD><TD> 3.76 </TD><TD> 63.99 </TD><TD> 81.91 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Childlife, Liquid Vitamin C, Orange Flavor, 4 fl oz (118.5 ml)</TD><TD> 5.81 </TD><TD>4</TD><TD> 21.83 </TD><TD> 4.16 </TD><TD> 25.99 </TD><TD> 33.27 </TD><TD> 193.30 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Purple</TD><TD>Earth's Best, Organic Elmo Noodlemania Soup, 14.5 oz (411 g) </TD><TD> 2.13 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 2.00 </TD><TD> 1.77 </TD><TD> 3.77 </TD><TD> 4.83 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Earth's Best, Sesame Street Crunchin' Crackers, Cheddar, 5.3 oz (150 g) </TD><TD> 2.73 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 2.57 </TD><TD> 0.73 </TD><TD> 3.29 </TD><TD> 4.22 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Earth's Best, Organic Letter of the Day Cookies, Very Vanilla, 5.3 oz (150 g) </TD><TD> 2.73 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 2.57 </TD><TD> 0.73 </TD><TD> 3.29 </TD><TD> 4.22 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Nature's Plus, Source of Life, Animal Parade, Vitamin C, Children's Chewable Supplement, Natural Orange Juice Flavor, 90 Animals </TD><TD> 7.82 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 7.35 </TD><TD> 0.75 </TD><TD> 8.11 </TD><TD> 10.38 </TD><TD> 23.65 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wan Chuen</TD><TD>Jason Natural, Earth's Best Organic, Sesame Street, Crunchin' Grahams, Chocolate, 5.3 oz (150 g)</TD><TD> 2.73 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 2.57 </TD><TD> 0.67 </TD><TD> 3.24 </TD><TD> 4.15 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Earth's Best, Organic Yogurt Rice Crisp Bars, Vanilla, 6 Bars, 0.67 oz (19 g) Each Bar </TD><TD> 3.78 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 3.55 </TD><TD> 0.67 </TD><TD> 4.22 </TD><TD> 5.41 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Earth's Best, Organic Elmo Noodlemania Soup, 14.5 oz (411 g) </TD><TD> 2.13 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 2.00 </TD><TD> 1.77 </TD><TD> 3.77 </TD><TD> 4.83 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Earth's Best, Sesame Street Crunchin' Crackers, Cheddar, 5.3 oz (150 g) </TD><TD> 2.73 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 2.57 </TD><TD> 0.73 </TD><TD> 3.29 </TD><TD> 4.22 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Earth's Best, Organic Letter of the Day Cookies, Very Vanilla, 5.3 oz (150 g) </TD><TD> 2.73 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 2.57 </TD><TD> 0.73 </TD><TD> 3.29 </TD><TD> 4.22 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Earth's Best, Sesame Street, Elmo Vegetable Soup, 14.5 oz (411 g)</TD><TD> 2.13 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 2.00 </TD><TD> 1.74 </TD><TD> 3.74 </TD><TD> 4.79 </TD><TD> 27.62 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elch</TD><TD>Earth's Best, Shampoo &amp; Body Wash, Lavender, 8.5 fl oz (250 ml)</TD><TD> 5.75 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> 5.41 </TD><TD> 1.10 </TD><TD> 6.50 </TD><TD> 8.33 </TD><TD> 8.33 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jolly</TD><TD>Jason Natural, Earth's Best Organic, Snackin' Fruit Hearts, Blueberry, 1.4 oz (40 g) </TD><TD> 1.37 </TD><TD>4</TD><TD> 5.15 </TD><TD> 0.68 </TD><TD> 5.83 </TD><TD> 7.47 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Healthy Times, Whole Grain Brown Rice Cereal for Baby, 6 oz (170 g)</TD><TD> 3.30 </TD><TD>15</TD><TD> 46.53 </TD><TD> 11.32 </TD><TD> 57.85 </TD><TD> 74.06 </TD><TD> 81.53 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi mummies,
how's everybody? i'm a bit pissed today. when we woke up this morning. somebody threw soil all over the floor and our shoes. it was obviously deliberate cause that person had to get the soil from the potted plants outside and threw the soil through the gate. we suspect it's the same person who dug up the cacti from one of the pots a few months back. my hubby thinks it might be the same person who was dropping us letters that we were peeping toms. grrr.. so tempted to put a hidden camera or something to catch this guy.

xyz,
it started i think 2009. somebody dropped a letter at our mailbox and saying that we were peeping toms and that we were taking pictures of them. at that time i was taking pictures of rianne everyday so we thought that maybe that person has mistaken the flash as us taking pictures of them. we didn't really think much of it then after that they started posting on the walls that if we don't stop they will take drastic measures. we told our landlord about it and they just said that maybe it's those property agents trying to harass us and drive us out so that they could either sell or rent the place. now it's this. really have no idea who it is. initially we suspected the unit opposite us cause it was right in front of my bedroom. but everybody at the opposite block have moved except for the old auntie and uncle.

Joanne,
do you still have those letters? If you do, it's good evidence to report the matter to the cops. If it's serious enough, they will install the camera for you.

Joanne,
property agents trying to 'force' u guys out of the flat! wah...sounds like those olden HK drama.

i agree with mint, report to police with the photos of the aftermath of their doings if u dont have the old letters.

<font color="0000ff">Wan Chuen,

So sorry to hear about your situation
sad.gif

Do stay strong and I hope nothing but the best for you!

Take Care
</font>

mint,
don't have the letters anymore. the first letter my landlord took. dunno if she still have it. those posted on the wall we didn't take.

jjmom,
not really sure if it's property agents. it was just a suggestion from my landlord. don't have the letters anymore but i do have the pictures of when they dug out the cacti and threw the soil. hubby say just let it slide since we are moving soon. think i better keep my shoes inside just in case they decide to steal next time.

Wan chuen
Take care. The doctors vanilla rec sound gOod.

Joanne
I agree with mint. Next time if any Vandalism again, leave it and call the cops. My neighbor now has a camera installed outside by the police.

Jts, if you're planning to get the books from the bp seller happy cottage, you might want to consider getting it from popular instead cos it's cheaper and if you have the card lagi better. The set that I was eyeing cost $2.50 per book but popular is selling it $2.25 before the card discount.

Wan Chuen,
Do let me know when is a good time to pass the iherb snacks to you. Pls take care!!!

Purple/JJmom,
Purple items with me. JJmom, pls text me to arrange for pick up at say 5.30pm. Hehe...

Back