(2008/10) Oct 2008

jelly,
JG is quite strict on the 18 mth rule for playclub. Minibee is already 18 mos so she's in playclub. As for regina, i made a request and the playnest teacher had to write a recommendation for her to go to playclub which is subjected to approval. Regina was lucky that it got approved so that's why she's now in playclub.

difference between nest and club is in club there's more learning involved. They are introduced to letters, numbers, shapes, etc. In nest, it's more nurturing and getting the kids to be familiar with routines, etc.

joanne,
shawn mag cup straw will hv the black spots after some time too. in fact the cover will hv some as well so every time i will scrub real clean but until the spots are too many.. then i will change it.

tweety,
not sure for weekend classes. forgot the schedule already. i got the wed-fri. then there is a tues-thurs and a mon-sun. i think playclub got sat-sun class. not so sure though. per term is 20 lessons. for playnest it's 1.5hrs per class. for playclub it's 2hrs per class.

cheer bear,
i see. thanks thanks! i try to scrub really clean too but somehow couldn't get rid of the spots. so i just threw it away and bought a new one.

oops.. rianne is awake. gotta go. talk to y'all later.
happy.gif

mint
i understand. i think they do have various standards... but it's okie. if they do not want to enroll her for any reasons, i will just have to acccept it...

Thanks Mint and Joanne for the explanation.
I will email or call JG to check again..

I think will sign V for playclub if possible.

hi tweety - i have the schedule infront of me now:

Playclub mon and wed and tue and thur (diff timings - 9-11am 11.30-1.30pm and 2-4pm)

mandarin playclub mon and wed 2-4pm tue and thur 1130-130pm

biligual playclub sat 9-11am 1130-130pm and 2-4pm

1 term is 10weeks.

mint
Understood. Thanks!

Joanne
How's Rianne now?

Icylemon
You second time mummies are so resourceful. Well, some first time mummies like mint and busybee are too. I didn't even know such straw cleaner exist!

Joanne,
I use a straw brush to go through the straw to wash it no black dots so far or maybe I never look close enough. If they do appear I'll upgrade to a biger water bottle as the Mag Mag capacity's too small.

what abt zoophonics? no good? anyone tried
everyone going to JG...so expensive...sigh
hey..mums going to JG, so u all go weekday classes>? all SAHM's?

re. straw - there is a bp on some special straw cleaner from USA 6.50 including postage. can check it out if you are interested. was thinkin of getting also.

TWeety,

If you sign up for Bibinogs, you have to tell them by the 5th lesson if you dont want to continue another term, or you lose yr deposit. I didnt pay full attention when the teacher explained the terms and so was quite irritated when on the last lesson i didn't get back the deposit I was expecting. Just a heads up!

karen,
yup, we have to go in together. B&J both inside and outside zoo having the free cones promo.

Ya, Jo will have to be in playnest with Rianne if she joins now. :p

Re: zoo
4 pple can admit with the pass excl our bubs as free for them. Anyone else wanna join us since Joanne can't come.
sad.gif

little doggie,
Yes I went to the expo. Huggies Ultra was having a good promo. 2 packs for $25. I grabbed 4 packs cos of the little tikes toy. I also bought some crayola stuff.

Jellypurin,
hmmm... not sure about the various stds cos I only go to the one at forum but it shouldn't vary too much considering that it's enrolment procedures. But I don't think they will want to turn away any student. It's $$ for them.

icylemon,
I made fish balls with the paste. I think I will go and buy some more this weekend so that I can make into balls and freeze. Then when I wanna eat instant noodles or cook soup, I can just plonk them in. Heehee!

Thanks for the straw brush tip. Will go buy one too.

Springles,
Mint, busybee, karen and Joanne are SAHM.. I think they gg for weekdays class at JG

JG is ex.. anyone gg for shichida?? I heard also good..

bigflamingo,
wow.. is it?? so "smelly" of them.. I was going to arrange a trial with my neighbour to c how is it.. if good, maybe go for 1 term to check up..
Thanks for telling me this..

tweety,
JG ex meh? I saw eelyn's post for bibinogs was $1999. That's double the price for JG. And if I'm correct, that's only once a week.

Bibinog,
I just called to check on power tots:
The term is 10 lessons per term at $426+gst for weekend.
Registration $40+gst
Deposit $100
Trial class is $48+gst (this one can be offset from the lesson if we sign up)

Mummies going zoo
The water play area is quite big. Bring swim suit or extra clothes if u wanna join bubs in playing. Haha... have fun!

Walking from the main entrance of zoo to water play area is kinda far. Can take the internal tram, which cost $5/adult i think.

Bluey,
I'm better today, at least not blocked nose and ears already.. thks.. But I still got "sexy" voice.. hahahaha..
agreed that Mummies here rich leh.. all SAHM can shop, go high tea and expensive class.. LOL.. envy envy..

i only work freelance now so i can go weekdays just that JG expensive la. i intend to let her go JG when she's older for speech n drama.
now i just wanted something that will keep her occupied for a few times a week

Btw, ANY mums interested to join to form a class for FOCUS ON the family playtime class thingy? someone from another forum is trying to make up a class, im interested. only need 5 parents n their toddlers. its 20 dollars for 3 seesions.
its called playtime. can google to find out more if u like

http://www.family.org.sg/default.aspx?go=article&aid=674

mint
jts. when i called on JG forum, they did tell me that it is possible to start rebby at playclub even though she was a few weeks short of being 18mths. but the issue was they did not have a place at that moment. also, they made me choose the slots for her classes. i choose mostly evans' ones bcos of the outdoor play. then i discovered that they had the issue of rebby being 2 week short of 18mths when i called them at noon

tweety
jts as well. cost of 1 term (10w) of weekend playclub ia close to $520. its a 2 hr billingual session.

springles
actually, i think if you look at JG's playclub programme as a 2 hr programe, the $520 plus is cheaper than bibinogs if i am not wrg. bibinogs is only 1 hr, right?

xy
just read the playtime thingy. it's a workshop. 3 sessions at odessy. i think hv 2 look at odessy's calendar to determine when the workshop will be.

Hi!! Just tot I'll clarify the bibinogs class. It's actually mighty tots - a 3 hr drop off class 5 x wk so it's $1999, 3 x wk is $1299.
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Eelyn: how are u babe??? Long time no see!
happy.gif
I was about to kaypo to clarify but saw yr post. You decided on pre school for Kaitlin yet?

And to add on to your post, the student teacher ratio is 1:4 and it's a bilingual programme where the last hour is on Chinese.</font>

so my memory is not that bad after all lah and my eyes didn't play tricks on me. And i tot i was getting old. Just that it's a different prog that we're looking at.

<font color="aa00aa">good morning!!

yeah! heavy downpour.

dun worry mummies who are going to the zoo. there won't be a single drop of rain there.

enjoy yourselves.
</font>

mummies do ur bub throw the toys when they play? shawn loves to throw his toys and somehow i feel that he likes to listen to the sound when it bang on the floor but it sort of piss me off sometimes as i need to pick up for him.

jelly,
i do teach him as well and sometimes if he is happy, he will pick up when i tell him to do so but at times i hv to do the picking up and "best" part is after i pick up, he will throw again!!!

Back