(2008/09) Sep 2008

hi skinny_pig and chillicrab,
my daughter also does that to my hubby, not so much for me.

are your babies putting on weight..mine seems to be lose some weight although she still drink (but lesser) and eat cereal.

My bb K's weight seems to remain stagnant though I don weigh him except during vaccination. His face seems slimmer compared to the past. But I think he has grown taller.

hello mummies,

Was so busy with work the past few days so do not have time to log in at all. Abit late, but hope all mummies had a wonderful 1st Mother's Day.
Tried to give myself abit of break and sneak out on that day shopping with hubby but didnt quite enjoy cos feel abit guilty leaving Jaden with my mother when I could spend my time with him. Does any mummy feel like that? I dont know if it's cos I'm working so the time I have with him is limited so if I dont spend my out of office hrs with him, I feel kinda of guilty. :-(

Till now, Jaden has not shown any seperation anxiety, every morning when I leave for work, I wave him goodbye and he's still ok, didnt cry.

hi JP,

I feel the same too..took leave but didn't spend time, end up working..feel so guilty.

hi skinny_pig, thanks. we kind of worry that she is not eating enough and keep feeding her.

Hi Mummies

Ryan now was at the seperation anxiety stage i think, because whenever i left him alone in his playpen, walker or high chair he will wail n scream, then will squeeze out his tear n show me his "ke Lian" look till i carry him.

l'l CY^^l'l CH (lilboymum) ,
What's the name of the cafe and which level is it situated in Paragon ? OK let's meet at 3pm at the cafe next Mon- 18th May.

Mrs_Seng(annteo)/Breadmum,
Are u still on for the gathering ? If yes, lets meet at 3pm at the cafe in Paragon. Shall wait for l'l CY^^l'l CH (lilboymum) to revert on the cafe name and the location in Paragon.

chillicrab - Ya.. But she's just comfort feeding as she will doze off everytime after latching. I do not know how much she is drinking as I am SAHM therefore I latch everytime. She's eating poorly.. At 6 months, things are still gd but about 1 month ago, she hate it. I only managed to make her eat 1 teaspoon. Everytime need to force her.. Like divert her attention then feed her when she open her mouth..

Bigtoes - I cannot afford to let her cry to zzz.. its a torture for me.. But she still managed to sleep for 5 to 6 hrs when she's abt 5 months..

Btw ladies, because of this, I have been searching the net for solution, wat do u think of baby led weaning? Its something like we place food for her to self feed.. haizz.. I tried before but she's playing with it.. Maybe I should continue till she eat by herself?

I have also had a book of Gina Ford sleep training n she mention that it might be baby waking up several times in the night due to baby eating not enough in the day.. Do u think so?

lilboymum - Ya maybe is diaper.. But when she's abt 5 months, I have never change her diaper in the night as I'm afraid I will wake her up.. Btw yr girl is eating A LOT! If my baby can eat half the amt, I'll be so happy.. Maybe my food is not yummy? Can I know how u cook for yr girl?

Millie
Can PM me ur HP no?
Can only confirm w/ u on mon morning.
Got something on, no ideal can be in time.

Hi Mummies
Need to find out what ur bb favorite toy at the moment?
Cos Ryan seem to favorite in play w/ remote control, other toys only play for less then 15 min.

Hi Mrs Seng,

My son is attracted by any remote controllers too
happy.gif

millie, mrs seng, breadmum
eh..i dunno the name..haha..it's at level 4.anyone has msn?then easier to arrange...add me [email protected]

qqq
no my food is not delish..haha..it's plain fare. my fb was a very very difficult eater. he hardly eats. at my daughter's age, he was eating a couple spoonfuls nia...so i understand how you feel now. nothing to do with your cooking really but maybe try with different texture food coz he might not like soggy porridge...rice mashed up>?or something mroe savoury?does he prefer sweet or savoury?pumpkin or fish? fruits or meat stock?maybe you can work from there...just some suggestion from handling my elder boy...

Mrs Seng:
My ger like to play with remote control also. If she was playing with her toys, once she see it the remote, she will choose the remote over her toys. She also very interest in playing with box. she can played with boxes longer than any toys. I always joked with her daddy, well we can save money in buying toys for her.

Jasmine

I always tell my HB saying that if iever enter Ryan into to crawling competition, other mummies will be using toys n i will be using a remote control.
Ryan also enjoy playing w/ paper n tissue paper, he will tear them till tiny bits n pieces.

Any mummies try giving ur bb Cod Fish?
My boy prefer cod fish, he refuse to eat ("Wu Yu" in chinese) not matter how i try n mix it w/ other ingredients. BB r so smart they can tell n taste the different.

mrs seng
my 2.5year old boy now only eats cod and snapper (only recently)...Cod not bad, fatty fish, but try to vary your source to spread out risk a lil...

chillicrab, mine too has been having separation anxiety since a few mths back. now, i try to take her along when i need to be away longer, eg washing bottles, cooking. will place her on the floor but she'll always come crying and crawling then cling onto my legs. v hard to do much around the house!

mrs seng, my bb's fave "toys" include remote controls, handphones, laptops, my medela milk pump (when i'm pumping!!!), watches etc. basically, she seems to like things that are not hers – things that she sees papa and mommy "play" with. as for her own toys, she only spends slightly more time with this tiny piano pounding her fists on it. o, and she loves ripping magazines too!

hi,

my bb's favourite toys are similar like xuanting's bb..she enjoy pulling out the tubes from the pump...

hi mummies,
need some advice..thinking to feed my bb porridge.
how do u prepare and the portion? thinking to use slow cooker, have some fish and porridge. but i don't cook so am quite a loss
sad.gif

can we use the normal rice that we eat?
thanks..

Rabbit
U can use the normal rice we eat. Just soaked the rice in water after washing for abt 1/2 hour cos this help the rice to become "lan" more faster.
Normally for fish n porridge, i cooked it seprately. Will boil the rice 1st, then stem the fish was some woffberry, few tiny slice of ginger (too get ride of fishy smell) n tiny portion miced lean meat. Then mash it when done n mixed all with the porridge.
If possible mix white rice with some brown rice.
I always mixed both rice for my boy.
If u hv msn, u can add me in ([email protected]) i can teach u how to prepare other varies kind of simple cook porridge.

my ger too, when i carry her using laptop, she will happily hitting on my keyboard. there was once, she got hold of the tissue paper, when she accidentlly pull out one, she find it so fun, she keep pulling the tissue paper out.
As for the porridge, so far i try to add in potato, fish, carrot, pumpkin, meat, veg & scallop. most of the time is cooked by my mum, as i went home for dinner most of the time.

mrs seng, how do u cook bb porridge?
i tried last sat and i tink i put not enuff water and it does not look too porridgey to me
sad.gif

how much water do we need? alot huh??

l'l CY^^l'l CH (lilboymum)/Mrs Seng,
I've added u in MSN. BTW, i've PM u my HP#. Pls let me know if the gathering on next Mon is still on. Thanks
happy.gif

Hi mummies, my boy now was at the seperation anxiety stage i think. He want me hug him before I leave him, will give me the 'ke lian' look too!sometime cry too!Do you baby lose weight this stage?

I found that he like to use finger to 'pop' his ear, sometime seem got blood on his ear, it is his ear itchy?

Chilicrab, ask u har, u didn't let your baby wear clothes when feeding?

Mille- next monday coffee- looks like i've to give it a miss. can only go during lunch as i work nearby.see you mummies another time.

blackberry - mine also scratched till his ear bleeds. PD says cause its dry so now we moisturise it with bb lotion and that has helped.

rabbit, i use the slow cooker to cook the porridge. got it from carrefour at abt $15, the smallest one. as for grains, i'm using ordinary grains now. just started feeding porridge also so haven't much time to experiment yet.
happy.gif

Seems like many babies have become v attached to mummies/daddies already! If I'm being blocked by a pillar for a second while in the same room with my bb and although I'm still talking to her, she will wail! My hubby is damn jealous.
proud.gif

Here's something I extracted off the web:
triangle_right.gif
Why separation anxiety happens
triangle_right.gif

At around 6 months, your baby begins to realize that you and he are separate, which means that you could leave him. He's also capable of "representational thinking" now, which means that he can picture objects (like you) in his mind after they're no longer visible. In other words, out of sight no longer means out of mind. (This is one reason why he suddenly gets such a kick out of "peekaboo.") As your child grows into toddlerhood, he's developing a strong drive for independence, but he still needs your undying support. All this can lead to a fear that you've abandoned him whenever you're not there.

qqq
I'm thinking along that line too...that your bb may not be drinking enough, so that's why the night sleep is disturbed. You might just want to try out different food/methods of cooking like what l'l CY^^l'l CH suggested just to get your bb eating again. Otherwise perhaps break into smaller portions but more meals?

blackberryB
Yep! Bad mummy strips bb down to her diapers only when feeding...haha! But only when it's hot in the noon time with the fan off and she'll still end up bathing in sweat after the meal.
biggrin.gif

My bb likes pulling the tissue papers too and will always attempt to munch on them! And for some weird reason, she especially loves newspapers. Will crawl at high speed to get the newspapers when she sees them on the floor.
crazy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Rabbit (rebirth) - for porridge, i use Australian calrose rice. Prefer to cook in the rice cooker (put setting to congee) cos the porridge dries up in the slow cooker for my case. My rice cooker is the ultra slow type (takes 1 hour to even cook normal rice), but it comes out all nice and sticky after that
happy.gif

blackberryB (blackberryb) - Kieran is sticky as well, but not too extreme. He is usually ok as long as there is someone else to distract him, but usually still goes "ngehh ngehh" when i walk into another room, and most times, he would crawl along after me!

chillicrab (chillicrab) - Think all babies are like that
happy.gif
For whatever reason, they love to tear tissue paper, crush and tear flyers (munch on the corners as well), and crumple newspapers. Very destructive!</font>

hi mummies, my baby is a sept baby too. almost 8 mths now. before she turned 7mths, she nvr fell sick at all, but then from 7 mths onwards, she had false measles (fever ending with breakout in rash) and cold/cough, in less than 1 mth! i ve heard abt baby having mummy's anti-bodies for the first 6mths and need to start to build up his/her own from 7mths onwards but this seems too drastic a change for my baby? any mummy can share experience &amp; give advice as to how to build up my baby's immunity system? thanks in advance.

For the cooking mummies

When preparing fish for bb, do u all put ginger slices to ‘reduce’ the fishy smell?
Anyone tried to puree DOU-GAN mah? (beancurd)

I am trying to brainstorm of ideas on wat food to prepare for bb in replacement of porridge loh..

So far, I tried to puree silky tofu and carrot… bb willing to eat wor!
Bt dun tink I can continue to do tat all the time oso

BB fav 'toys'
<font color="808080">Mine will be:
1. Phones
2. Remote Controls
3. Newspaper
4. Cash Notes
5. Tissue Papers/Leaflets/Receipts
6. Keyboard
7. Piano

Basically things that are not his/for babies.

He will crawl very quickly towards no. 3 &amp; 4 when he sees one! And as for no.5, he eats them! Like a delicacy! =D</font>

Separation Anxiety
<font color="808080">My boy is quite sticky lately too. Ironically, to my parents. I'm happy &amp; sad at the same time. Happy that I'm more relaxed, sad that why my boy doesn't 'like' me =(

He used to look for me when he wants to sleep. Now, he struggles a lot when I put him to bed =(</font>

Big Baby Behaviour
<font color="808080"> My boy seems to be more interested in playing then sleeping lately.Is this normal?

He decides to slp only when he is exhausted! But by then, he will be super-bad-tempered...</font>

Fish Porridge &amp; Tofu
<font color="808080">I don't add ginger in my porridge.

Today I added firm tofu aka dou gan in my boy's porridge.</font>

haha! So glad to see the discussion on this. Looks like all babies are the same! Jaden fav toys are also brochure ( he loves crumbling them up - I see so much joy in him that now, I actually keep all those brochure they throw into my mailbox!), remote control, newspaper, handphone and keys! N I tot babies are suppose to be attracted to colourful stuff like their super bright colour toys???
The funny thing is when I bring him to toy department and pick up a soft toy, he's more attracted to the tag/label???

Wah, looking at the food you gals feed your babies, I think I need to work harder. I have yet to feed him fish, waiting for him to cross the 8mths.

BTW, I have a Q. I need to consider getting either a small rice cooker or slow cooker cos he's outgrowing the small little Pigeon porridge pot. Any advise to share? Rice cooker or slow cooker?

oh oh, sorry but I just wanteed to share my joy..... my Jaden finally started to crawl - on his tummy. All of a sudden on Sat, when I put him on the floor for one of those tummy time exercise, suddenly, he kicks his legs and started moving! I was overjoyed cos for the past weeks I have been putting him on his tummy and he will just whimper and refuse to be even on his tummy, he will just roll over!
happy.gif
What a huge surprise for me!
happy.gif

JP
Better get Jaden a pair of knee protector.
My Ryan can crawl when he's abt 7mth but very unstable. Just last week i realise that his forgetful mummy hv bought him a pair of knee protector n hv forgotten abt it.
When the protector is on, he can crawl at an amazing speed.

Latest development:
Ryan is trying to stand up with the help of any support he can garb hold of.
Especially when he is in his playpen. He grab the handle of the playpen to help him stand then will walk around in it. He will show his proud smilling look whenever he raise himself upright.

New game:
Playing n spitting his saliva.

Breadmum,
I cook the fish in the porridge then blend them together.

Actually i think it's ok if u just mash it so long as bb has teeth and is accustomed to biting slightly bigger sizes. But for safety purposes, i normally mash or blend the porridge tog wif the fish.

Tofu &amp; Potato :
I haven't introduced tofu and potato to Alston yet though he turned 8mths last wed. When can these be introduced ? BTW, for tofu, should we give silken tofu or tau kwa to bb ?

Mrs Seng, thanks for the recommendation. Any particular brand that is good or anything will also do, I mean for the knee protector.

Millie
I used tau kwa once and blend it and later freeze it and it turn up to be clumpy.
But if serve ‘fresh’, it shld be quite soft wor.
If possible, I tink tau kwa will be better cos the protein level is higher than silky tofu wor

My bb is still toothless, not even a single one! So everything I gave him so far is puree till soft soft one
Any mummies wif toothless bb is feeding un-soft food? I duno whether shld I try or not…

Dear Mummies,
I'd looking for "mother and baby" magazine May2008 issue. Suddenly see my baby's photo on that issue, so wanna keep a copy for him.
happy.gif

I've called MediaCorp hotline, they dun hv also. If anyone have, can call me @ 98295218. I wanna buy.. Thank you !

Hi Mummies,

So long never post liao. So busy with work plus taking care of 2 kids wasn't easy for me.

Fish Porridge
I oso dun add ginger into the porridge. So far i have given porridge like brocoli, carrot, pumpkin, potatoes, threadfin fish, cod fish, (adding flavour like) chicken &amp; scallop to my #2. Most of the time i cook #1 &amp; #2 porridge together in a pot then cook more "lan" for younger one to eat, easier n save time
happy.gif

I think tofu can give but isn't tofu "liang"?

JP
I would think a small rice cooker would be a better choice since it can oso cook rice for the family and next time for yr Jaden? I personally dun like porridge fm slow cooker cos it's more "sticky-er" compared to those cooked fm pot. Porridge cooked fm pot is very fast n easy. I usually cook one time in the afternoon then after serving lunch, the remaining porridge i use Tiger food jar and contain for dinner, can keep warm upto abt 8 hrs.

My gal newest game is oso playing with her saliva and spitting, mil always say it's gg to rain if baby play with saliva, hmmmm... i wonder how true is it and she loves to make one big bubble in her mouth n burst it.

As for "toys", beside those mummies have mentioned, my gal oso like to play with all kinds of plastic bags, will be amused when crushing cos got sound. Lately she like to snatch my elder girl's toy that she's carrying, always end up both crying... ai yoh...

Goldfish - if toothless, don'y give chunks else bb can get choked. Mine has 2 botom teeth that just came out and he cannot munch properly as well yet, so its still soft pureed food.

Dear Mummies
I also give my ger fish, also minced meat.
She too, is a toothless ger, but normally i just mashed it, i don't blend, Just that I cooked longer so that all the veg or what is in the pot is soft enough for her to eat. I give her chicken too.

Any bb is doing this?
My ger is moving with her butt.
Eg: if the thing she want is the side, she will just rotate her butt to get it, instead of turn her body to get it.
My mum say she might just using her butt moving around instead of crawling.

Jasmine,
For ur fish, do u gif frozen version? As in babycube it? I was wondering whether if frozen, will it taste funny or not
Wat other food do u all prepare for bb?

Goldfish:
My mum will buy the fish, will keep the extra portion in the fridge. Then when we need to cook, then defrost n cook it, we don buy too big, normally the portion can be finsih within 2 to 3 days. So far so gd, cos I'm sharing the porridge with her.
I have given her
*pumpkin
*beancurd
*chicken
*pork
*fish
*cabbage
*carrot
*broccoli
*scallop (cooked with porridge to get the taste)
for the above, I will mixed n match, so normally her prridge two of the item, can be pumpkin with minced meat or fish with carrot or pumpkim with broccoli.
*mango
*apple juice
*dou hau (jelly beancurd)
*apple with celery jurice
*apple tih carrot
*payaya
*banana
*melon
I give a small amount. I will scoop from mine then feed her. so not sure of the amount. for the fruit, I'll not feed her too much.

These are what i give her, as for The IFC, i'm not sure what they feed her, never ask them.

Goldfish:
Oh ya, I give her cheese too. Just like what Mrs Seng do. (think is she)
I don pre-prepare the food. so what she eat will be appear on the dining table. we just cut a bit n cook for her. the rest will be cooked by us to eat.

Back