(2008/09) Sep 2008

koras,
meeeeeeeeee!!! i've been eating chocs, famous amos cookies, oreos, mooncakes, long john's silver, macs and bk. i'm only in my second week of confinement and already, I'M SICK OF THE FOOD!!!!

ava,
bb summer and anais so alike. and yes. they've thick lips. takes after who??

Hi Shazz, can i have 2 tubs of it as well?

My massage lady came yesterday and after she massaged my breasts.. my milk supply went up.. so give that a try if u have problems...

angeline,
me too. initially hb also said the same. that was last week. this week no more already. but tummy is like suuuuuuuper flabby... then it's not like i can go and do sit ups to make it taut some more... sianxx... you use the binder back lah. it helps to make tummy flatter. also, take the wind medication as well as continue to breastfeed. tummy will go down eventually. we only just gave birth mah... so tummy still there not surprising!

haix... so bored at home , envy those who have popped. currently on ML le , everyday at home nothing to do except for waiting for baby arrival. can't wait to cuddle baby . Edd is 20sept08

yan - I think 60ml for 7 days very good already! I was at 20ml then coz my milk only came in on 5th day!

Sasa - I actually think u r doing well leh and I really wouldn't waste a single drop of BF coz it is soooooo precious! freeze it la! And don't take ur maid's nonsense! Where got such thing one? If you get 40 ml per time and u pump 3 times, it is a good 120ml!!! I can't get that in a single day yet. sigh.

Ava - my left breast like cannot be pumped. drips and draps. Sigh. I drink hot soup / milp / fish / papaya soup and take fenugreek also like that. Wondering if I should up my dosage of fenugreek ....

adjusting adjusting. My hubs going back to work tomorrow. BOOHOOHOO!

ade - keep at it and I can't imagine why it won't go up. I keep thinking that way to help myself!

Koras - I generally feel there's no "normal" or not coz we are all made very differently!!
happy.gif
Cannot compare here and there .... might make u feel worse!

Alabone - I will watch the videos. I hope they help me latch better...

lanolin-hehe i know.. tomorrow my hubby coming over..thinking of asking him to get chocolate coz got a bti craving for that

Alabone, the avent manual pump i tried using 3 days ago made my nipples very sore. so dun dare to try again. or maybe 4th day no milk so make the nipple sore?

Angeline Goh, my appointment with gynae is this sat. dunno how to get by another four days, i think i scratch the bandage until it's torn, cos the pubic hair is growing inside, its super itchy!!! btw, my hubby also keep commenting that my tummy still very big like there's another one inside. he made that comment straight after the c-section still! anyway, the lochia will be here for how long?

lanolin, my milk came in on 5th day too! its just today the amount increase abit to 60ml both sides. hope to get more, but lazy to pump cos i using hand to pump and also the bad pain when engorged.

koras, CL is my mum. i try to see how i can get my way, but my mum pretty flexible cos she is the one who allow me to eat the tau sar piah, chocolate and cake. but dun think i can get any cold drinks or ice cream thou.

lanolin: I also get uneven amount of EBM from both breasts. my right breast is really weird! it's only dripping milk into the pump if i massage it as I pump! The left one will just drip milk automatically! The weird one is the one that leaks when I'm not doing anything! weird!

dun cry, *pat pat*. my hubby went back to work yday and only came home at 11 plus and he's out for a church meeting after taking some time off work to go to PD and shopping with me today. He said now gotta work harder cos he got 2 babies at home to feed now! haha

Brought Eamon to RH to check on his jaundice and the PD is happy to tell me that the level has come down and there's no need for him to be admitted or go for any treatment! hooray! Not sure if what the CL has been doing helps though. She has been bathing him in this chinese help called "Ng Khee" and feeding him with lots of water to "flush" out the toxins! Hmmn, I know babies don't need water, but since he's mainly on FM, I think there's no harm in feeding him water, even though FM is mostly water anyway!

cloud and jaymickey: your orders are in for Calendula Cream. Will close the spree upon hitting 32 tubs or by 15 Sep, whichever is achieved earlier.

I also did a Prison Break today! hehe ... went shopping with hubby after seeing the PD, in laws brought bb home first. Went Orchard and got some stuff that I need.
happy.gif
Even had decaf Starbucks Latte by Scotts Rd and people watch! hehe

Massage: Had my 1st session for massage today, mine is not the traditional malay massage but a soothing stroke type of javanese linked massage. Will see if there's any effects tom!
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Sarah: No problem!

Lanolin: Yes, take a walk &amp; breathe some fresh air! I am someone who can stay at home so now still ok for me. My gynae told me not to stay at home all the time &amp; go out for one hour shopping or walk. And also don't follow confinement rules blindly.. :p

Angeline Goh (angeg): I am still using the binder but have develop abit rash on my upper tummy. Your bb looks so peaceful!

Ameda Breastpump: I highly recommend this as it is not noisy &amp; I could pump with bb sleeping in the same room.

Sasa: I store about 60-80ml per bag leh...

Yan: My bb also have juandice but I am still feeding him BM. I read the book: What to expect in the 1st year, it state that still can feed bb with BM even though he has juandice.

Lanolin &amp; Sasa: For more let-down when pumping, can also do the following:
1. Find a relax place to pump BM
2. Have your bb's photos on hand / better if your bb is the room also. When looking at the bb's photos, let down is faster!
3. Have a hot drink (Milo / water/ red date tea)
4. Massage the breast before starting

And yes, my left breast is more productive then my right. Usually double the amt or at least 20ml more.</font>

hey lanolin,
yeah. the vids quite informative. there are also other bfg help that's pretty good too. l'lcy gave me the webbie.

yan,
i see... actually for manual, it's good coz you can 'adjust' the strength yourself. what i do is to push it really tight against my breast. Then i start squeezing the handle quickly until the milk starts dripping in. then i would squeeze but not do so fully coz that would hurt. Once the milk comes spraying, i'd just squeeze and hold it in position but never compress it fully. After that, i'd take the breast pump away from breast to allow milk to trickle down, then repeat the whole cycle again. If you see that there's little milk, you can also take out the pump, then re-attach again. it works for me.

twendy: will probably do a drugstore spree in Oct, when all mummies have popped and know what supplies they need before opening a spree. I know some mummies fell in love with Desitin! hehe ... can you wait till then?

Shazz - who stays at home with you? Ur mom is your CL is it? I am living with 2 "new" people - CL and maid and it is damn strange. Anyway, will try to pop out to Parkway parade tomorrow....the thing about BFing is I have to time it very "zun" so I will be in time to relax / massage breast before breastfeeding him.

Glad to hear that Eamon's jaundice level is welll under control!

My massage lady doesn't massage my boobs leh. Jaymickey - is urs good? I might try someone else - anything to increase milk flow.

I fed Declan just now on one boob. After that, tried to pump on my usually better-producing boob but I think less than 10ml dripped out!
sad.gif
ARGH....

Total yield today - less than 60ml..... praying for more milk but no engorgement!!!

Storeberry - I will try ur method tomorrow and report results.
happy.gif
will try anything to get more milk in pump!

Alabone - I will also try ur method of pumping. The afternoon pump was pretty good. Maybe I am getting tired. Will go and rest.

Hope everyone has a good night!!!

lanolin: I have a CL staying with me. My mum pops by as and when and helps with marketing and things like dat. Also help me to "watch over" the CL when we go out.

my breasts are still very engorged! hope I can clear it soon enough, if not I fear that I may kena fever and infection!
sad.gif
So I stopped taking fenugreek, just to be on safe side.

<font color="0077aa">Alabone: My lochia was not so much initially but these few days its has increased! And its becoming jelly-like... And still red color.</font>

Storeberry
I really envy yr BM amount... mine so miserable even when i express with Medela PIS... i think the vapors in the bottle is more than my milk... sob..............................
My lochia also not much... so little... as light as those 5th day of menses type... i wonder if doc has remove lochia during c-sec... good lah i can save on the pads...

sarahmay
the devt assessments are done at 4-6wks, 3-4mths, 6-10mths, 15-18mths blah blah...

the one for 9mth that your sil mentioned is offered free at polys and is considered one of the more important ones in case we miss some of the earlier assessments.

all htese can be found in your child's healthbooklet, so dun worry, just follow loh.

actually many of the items in the devt assessment are meant for parents and not hte PD though the PD might do it for you. the one at 9mths more thorough loh...

o yes, if you were to compare the healthbooklets of different hospitals, they arent the same. the number of items on each skill (motor, fine motot, social/interpersonal and verbal skills) are different for each hospitals. as far as i know, public hospitals have a more thorough checklist. maybe coz many of the parents dun actually return to the PD for assessment so must be more thorough loh...

but can do it at home lah...hahaa...some kiasu parents will revise with kids at home first before heading to PD..kakakakakak...quite funny...

My update on BF
Finally on Day 4 (yesterday), milk flow in..could pump about 20ml in 30 mins...still consider slow and little...sigh...but its an improvement. Meanwhile Kaiden is able to latch-on and suckles..so i am a happy mom.

Shazz,
My engorgement is v painful too...cant sleep at nite w/o pumping. How often do you pump? or latch-on?

Milk Let-down,
Whenever Kaiden latch-on onto one breast, the other breast starts to leak...anyone has the problem too?

bacon&amp;egg (baconegg): my boy is getting too impatient to suckle these days! sigh ... so i pump about 2-3 times a day and let him suckle at least twice a day. Leaking is very normal, especially when you see baby, hear his cries etc, it encourage milk let-down, so will drip! I have to wear nursing bra and wear a breast shell or breast pad to absorb the leakage.

ok, gotta go and be a cow now! kekeke

Hi Gals

How has everyone been? I've been so busy I hardly have time to pop in...

Yesterday (day 6) I managed to pump out 125ml on both breasts in 30 minutes... very happy indeed! I guess my massage as well as all those food my CL has been cooking for me helps a lot.

storeberry
I'm the same as you.. my left breast is more productive &amp; baby prefers the left breast. My massage lady told me that she noticed that those who gave birth to baby boys tend to have more milk on the left breast &amp; those with baby gals have more on the right.. this is based on her experience &amp; observation.. not sure how true... lol.

Baby's umbilical cord has dried &amp; dropped off today, so it's much easier taking care of his belly button now.
happy.gif

Question on holding the pump,
Do you mommies find it tiring to hold on to the bottles when pumping? Am thinking to get a strapper for Medela PIS...anyone using it?

mei - wao u really can pump a lot sia.. mine still not so much production ler. have tries to massage and drink milo and red date and hot soup
bacon&amp;egg (baconegg) -sometime i pump one side the other side driping i faster get a bottle to collect it if not waste..

shazz,
i still have another 50 milkbags on stand-by. shld be able to wait till then. worse come to worse, i can always order from bulk purchase thread. so, no worries.

bacon&amp;egg,
i have gotten the hands-free strap from mumsfairy. u can check out the business thread or do a search on google. but i have yet to try it - will only start when back at work. now i'm doing fine in my study room :)

Alabone, thanks for the advice! will try it ur way tml. hopefully it works for me. cos hands are starting to ache already, but better than few days ago when milk is pathetic have to squeeze n squeeze v hard.

<table border=1><tr><td>S/N</TD><TD>Mummy's Nick</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Popped On</TD><TD>Baby's Name</TD><TD>Head (cm)</TD><TD>Length (cm)</TD><TD>Weight (kg)</TD><TD>Delivery via </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Winnie</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>9-Sep</TD><TD>2-Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>33</TD><TD>46</TD><TD>2.235</TD><TD>Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>LC</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD>15-Aug</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>49</TD><TD>3.19</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Jane</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yi</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>9-Sep</TD><TD>17-Aug</TD><TD>Samuel</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>2.545</TD><TD>Emg C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Jo Jo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Yap Lip Kee</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>17-Aug</TD><TD>Marcellus Xavier Lim</TD><TD></TD><TD>48</TD><TD>2.965</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>sasa_xie</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>19-Aug</TD><TD>Max</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>2.935</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Jen_Kate</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>19-Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>sunrays</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>20-Aug</TD><TD>Charlotte</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>3.59</TD><TD>Emg Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Jas</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Wong MT</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>7-Sep</TD><TD>24-Aug</TD><TD>Rachael</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>49</TD><TD>3.06</TD><TD>Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>dseptkon</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Yeoh Swee Choo</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD>25-Aug</TD><TD>Jonathan</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>3.145</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Jaline</TD><TD>MT A</TD><TD>Dr Esther Ng</TD><TD></TD><TD>7-Sep</TD><TD>25-Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>milkmilk</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Kee KH</TD><TD></TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>25-Aug</TD><TD>Ting</TD><TD></TD><TD>45</TD><TD>2.3</TD><TD>C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>skinny pig</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof Yong EL</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>23-Aug</TD><TD>27-Aug</TD><TD>Kayne</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>55</TD><TD>3.765</TD><TD>Asst w Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>lanolin</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Selina Chua</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>7-Sep</TD><TD>27-Aug</TD><TD>Declan</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>3.275</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>alabone</TD><TD>MtE</TD><TD>Dr Patricia Sim</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>5-Oct</TD><TD>27-Aug</TD><TD>Cadence Faith</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>46</TD><TD>2.01</TD><TD>Emg GA C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>preggie</TD><TD>MtE</TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>7-Sep</TD><TD>28-Aug</TD><TD>Cristian</TD><TD></TD><TD>50</TD><TD>3.3</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Eve</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>28-Aug</TD><TD>Kieren</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>2.74</TD><TD>Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>storeberry</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Zane Ho</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>47</TD><TD>2.575</TD><TD>C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>twendy</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Laurent</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>2.92</TD><TD>natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>koras</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>8-Sep</TD><TD>30-Aug</TD><TD>Kaylen</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>45</TD><TD>3.035</TD><TD>Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Bigtoes</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>8-Sep</TD><TD>30-Aug</TD><TD>Kieran</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>49</TD><TD>2.97</TD><TD>Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Ava</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>30-Aug</TD><TD>Summer</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>2.68</TD><TD>Emg Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Ava</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>30-Aug</TD><TD>Anais</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>49</TD><TD>2.75</TD><TD>Emg Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Angeline_Goh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Carine</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>3.035</TD><TD>Emg C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Kym_Teo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lai Foon Min</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>13-Sep</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Scarlett</TD><TD></TD><TD>46</TD><TD>3.18</TD><TD>Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>stef&amp;seanbabes</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD>Sharmaine</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>2.65</TD><TD>natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>jaymickey</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>DR WH Kee</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD>Janelle</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>3.2</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>yun</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>10-Sep</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD>Jayden Gan</TD><TD>33</TD><TD></TD><TD>3.24</TD><TD>Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Ade</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>22-Sep</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD>Kaijing</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>3.225</TD><TD>natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>milky</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Dr Heng</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>mei</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Tan KT</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD>Devon</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>3.355</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>yan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>24-Sep</TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD>Celeste</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>45</TD><TD>2.34</TD><TD>Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Shazz</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>9-Sep</TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD>Eamon</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>3.88</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>goldfish</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD>Ethan Soh </TD><TD></TD><TD>52</TD><TD>3.1</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>isabelle</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TC Chang</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>Gabrielle</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>3.175</TD><TD>natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>crayonshinchan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>6-Sep</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>Reyes</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>3.665</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>missy</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>Md Qaid</TD><TD>34.5</TD><TD>53</TD><TD>3.24</TD><TD>natural w/o epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>bacon&amp;egg</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof PC Wong</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>Kaiden</TD><TD>33.5</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>3.625</TD><TD>Asst w Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>WoodlandsMummy</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>Shane</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>mrsyap</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>24-Sep</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>Melody</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>46</TD><TD>2.55</TD><TD>Emg Epi C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>lemon</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Dr Tracey Lim</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD>7-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>rabbit</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD></TD><TD>22-Sep</TD><TD>8-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Janf</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>8-Sep</TD><TD>Adele</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>49</TD><TD>2.92</TD><TD>natural w epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>bbmouse</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Chew</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>20-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>C-sec </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>aisha8314</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Marianne Hendricks</TD><TD></TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>hippie</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD></TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>hp_babe</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD></TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>mrsseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>mrsgan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Janelle</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>SnowWhite80</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>T_T</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>7-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>sunnysunny</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>8-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Raphael</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>Ying Ling</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>8-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>Precious</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>Yingflo</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>9-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>James</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>Karen</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>10-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>cloud</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Tan K T</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Kieran</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>juz_jewel</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Tan LK</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>ydnic</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>Jasmine</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>Sri_leo</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>Flos</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Cheng Li Chang</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>15-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>62</TD><TD>Aloevera</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr M Tan</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>16-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>63</TD><TD>boise</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Joan Thong</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>64</TD><TD>Momoko76</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Cayden</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>65</TD><TD>qiuling</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Ho HK</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>66</TD><TD>SarahMay</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Elisha</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>67</TD><TD>Springz</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>Dr Fong CW</TD><TD></TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Shauna</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>68</TD><TD>fsa</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Judy WongTPS</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>69</TD><TD>Millie</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>70</TD><TD>Taslyn</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>20-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Eviana</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>71</TD><TD>chantelle_sun</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>20-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Lovelle</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>72</TD><TD>blackberryB</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Tracey Lim</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>73</TD><TD>Grace_Toh</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>22-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Kaer</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>74</TD><TD>Jasyeo80</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>24-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>75</TD><TD>jeanling</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Yong</TD><TD></TD><TD>24-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>76</TD><TD>Lok</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>24-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Jonas</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>77</TD><TD>blueroses</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD></TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>78</TD><TD>yvonneho</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD></TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>79</TD><TD>Jessi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Kee WH</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Alyssa</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>80</TD><TD>dollyNEYUKO</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Vivienne</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>81</TD><TD>Jgwee</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Jen</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Matthias</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>82</TD><TD>Ruixiangsmom</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Darren</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>83</TD><TD>Jules</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>84</TD><TD>Traz</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian(SK)</TD><TD></TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>85</TD><TD>J&amp;Smum</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Cathryn Chan</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Kayen</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>86</TD><TD>l'l CY</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Dr Vanaja</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Qi Hui</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>87</TD><TD>Rachel Lim</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>88</TD><TD>storm</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>89</TD><TD>stormmie</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Dr Joan Thong</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>1-Oct</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>90</TD><TD>ChrisTan</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>91</TD><TD>XuanMummy</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>

mrs yap,
dont worry about your milk ss ok? you've delivered not too long ago so milk ss will take a while to build up. just keep latching and latching. after you latch and if you are not too tired, you can try expressing also. initially, you won't get much or anything at all. but it helps to stimulate your breasts to 'make more milk'. if really not enough just supplement ok? dont be too hard on yourself. milk ss will definitely kick in soon.

bacon&amp;egg,
when i latch on my girl, the other side doesn't leak... but when i'm not, and happen to be thinking of cadence or my kids, i will feel let down from both breasts and it'll leak. just drip only lor. then will stop. so far, i've not had the need to use breast pads yet...

mei,
wow, your milk supply is good..that almost 3 feeds...well done!

alabone,koras,twendy,
i am using breast pad to aid leakage but think will use shell instead...dont waste the milk esp when i have little
happy.gif
agree when i see milk letdown without containing it, feel v wasted..

Congrats to all the mummies who have popped!
happy.gif

Ava
Your twins are so adorable. The upside down pix is lovely.

Isabelle
You are great, still can pose for pix before delivery. So Ginny made it.
happy.gif

Jessi
Can update table? Thank you!
happy.gif

Delivery date: 7 Sept 08
Hospital: TMC
Weight: 3.77 kg
Length: 51 cm
HC: 34cm

My birth story
5.45 am
Woke up to pee, felt cramps. Thought I moved too fast from bed. Walk around the room after peeing cos I have this feeling that baby is coming today.

6.30 am
After timing for 45 mins, I woke hubby up. 1 surge in 5 mins, time to leave for hospital as advised by gynae to get antibotics for strep B.

We washed up and were still joking and laughing between contractions. Told maid to get ready and woke my girl up.

7.30am
Dropped maid and daughter at mum's place

8am
Arrived in TMC Rm #6. Was strapped onto the CTG, bargained to 15 mins of monitoring and no VE. Get nurse to fill tub. Inserted plug on hand for strep b antibotics. Surges getting very intense. Got the birthball on the floor and was really comfortable.

9am
Surges are really intense and seems closer. Midwife came and wanted to do VE. Agreed to one. 8-9 cm dilated. Called doc. I went to poop. Decided to stay in the shower after cleaning up. Used the hot shower for pain relief each time the surge comes and I was alternating between standing, squatting and kneeling.

10 am
Gynae came and I came out from the shower and crawl onto the bed and he did VE, 10 cm. He told me to follow my instinct. I started pushing as I had the urge. Doc did perineal massage as I push to ease baby out.

1020am
Baby's out. No tear but horrible piles.

The shock I got when I looked into the mirror after shower was that my whole face is filled with little red dots. I guess I pushed till blood vessels burst!

lanolin,
i registered my boy's birth on day 2..kancheong parents and more convenient to do it at the hospital. Also applied for the bb bonus at the hospital..they have this one-stop shop.

Fenugreek,
I am taking only 1 capsule per day..too little?

bacon&amp;egg, how much did u pay for the birth cert at NUH?

i know it's abt $40 at TMC(collect on the same day), and $20 at ICA(but we hv to collect it another day)..

Xuanting,

My hometown is in Melaka. You so geng.. only plan to back next week? My gynae advised me to go back 3 weeks in advance. And i now go back 2 weeks in advance. For your case, i think u only back 1 week in advance? Where is ur hometown?

alabone

hey..u so good can eat all those stuff...envy envy..me oso naughty lah,been stealing sips of water,even cold water coz my mouth really very dry..the more i drink the red date the more drier my mouth gets..must be too 'heaty' liao.

yan

try to keep it dry to avoid infection ok? mine oso itchy..been scratching oso..hehe :p

Angeline Goh, how to know if there's infection? till now i haven had a real bathe yet. just wipe my upper body using warm water. but i did wash my lower part, hopefully no water seep in cos appointment only on sat.

Btw, just got chance to wash my hair again today and it feels GREAT! my mum wanted to brew the herbs for my wiping and washing but i refused. she is so worried about not taking good care of me. but then, we are keeping mum about my wiping of body and washing of hair using normal water from my mil and hubby! otherwise i will get a scolding from hubby and a constant nagging from mil. =X

Alabone
Their lips are like mine as a baby...so I guess they won't look like Angelina Jolie when they are bigger hehe!

Massage lady just worked on breasts...let's see if it helps! I look like a character out of the SImpsons cos she rubbed me with some paste made with Turmeric...! all yellow!

sunnysunny
Congrats! Looks like u're the only one of us three on this thread with Paul Tseng who ended up with the natural, low-intervention birth
happy.gif
good on you!! post pics!

koras
That's great. hope I have similar success story soon :p

bacon&amp;egg - I think too little leh. I am taking 4 a day (which is the recommended dosage) and am even thinking of upping it. Hmmm.... What is the recommended dosage stated on ur bottle?

Wow - u very fast. That means u got the chinese name thought through already? It took us up to the 14th day to decide on the chinese name. Finally registered yesterday (the hubs went to do it at Mount E). It's quite amazing to stare at my firstborn's birth cert!!!! He is OFFICIAL now. hahahaha...

Meie- congrats! That's great - 120ml in 30 mins? I only got 50ml today after about 30 mins. The other breast (which he was feeding on) yielded NONE. Sigh.

For moms who are using nipple shield, does it work? I have a pair but I'm not sure if baby will take to it. I tried this morning for like 1 latch and he wasn't too keen. Maybe should try again later.

Boredom - I think I used to be a very active person so this staying at home and nursing thing is quite boring for me. Will try to borrow DVDs from friends and see if that entertains me. May go for a short break at the mall later if I can time everything well! What else do you do to kill time?

ava - what thick lips they have! hahahaha...cuties! are they out of their beds yet? Is Adan still in JB?

Koras - GREAT JOB!

I really need to find someone to massage my breasts...will call this lady to see if they can provide me someone for some massage. my usual massage lady doesn't tough my breasts at all!!!!!!!!!

sunnysunny, that's a very short and smooth labour! did the nurses make any noise when you declined the ve? i'm also hoping to have as few of those as possible.

jessie, my hometown is here la. i meant i'm renting a room now and can only move back home next week when renovations are finished. will you be staying in melaka for 3–4mths or only for your confinement? the food is so yummy there!

Hi all, I'm a little free from milking for now to briefly read through what everyone's been up to.

Now the popping seemed to have slowed down a bit liao. JIA YOU for mummies waiting to pop.

I'm glad my birth story managed to bring some entertainment to u brave mummies amist all the "pains" of milking. And yes Flos, I'm 5x more "foul mouth" than in my journal.. haaaa... *oops*

Isabelle, ur birth story is really inspiring leh.. I salute u! I think most 2nd and 3rd time mummies here are all bery inspiring and encouraging;-)

Ava, ur twins are soooooooo cute lar... Hope the breastfeeding's improved for u.

Mrs Yap, I m really very very happy for u. Melody looks so sweet ;-)

Sarahmay, ya.. Dr Sim was very relaxed.. haa. anyway we wouldnt want a gan jeong gynae .. I think her stitching is good and I was actually quite pain free after epidural wore off! With all the digging into my V and the forceps and all, I was expecting excruciating pain but i felt non of that. I dont know if it was her skills or its supposed to feel this way.

Reyes also has a bit of jaundice. Hope it goes away soon and I dono how true this is, but my CL said that once the brack colour shit is all out (the meconium), the jaundice would get better. Thats wat she said..

And breastfeeding is really shiong!
Want to pump in between latching but worried next feeding not enough milk for him.
Yesterday I had my first ma sa ji session. PAINFUL lor! And the milk just squirted out from my neh neh while she was massaging my blocked ducts. so sayang!! But after she left, I went to pump and in 20mins, I had a good 90ml of milk!!! But the next round, I had only 50ml and now its consistent at 50ml per 30mins. Milk not enough...

Hee, I also stole 2 potato chips to eat. LOL! And my CL gave me the go ahead for chocolate when my frens tried to tempt me when they visited! haha..

I guess there are many things that we can eat JUST not the liang liang food i guess. And i think the beginning few days/wks better not eat liver. Both my mama and CL said that it will cause pigmentation and the wound to be infected. YIKES!! and my MIL cooked me liver on the 2nd day!!!! SHIT!! I dont want pigmentations and infections

And I have not washed hair for SIX days!! I need to wait another SIX days it seems! OH gosh!

hi lanolin

you can call my massage lady Mrs Sharif 98335464
She doing my post natal at the moment. Recommended by an ex colleague
No need to sign package she charges 60 -65 depending on location. She helps massage the breast too. Find that my tummy also reduced a bit and i lost 7 kg already. Very nice lady , you may want to try her coz she does breast massage too

Back