(2008/08) Aug 2008

Shint,

Congrats!
happy.gif

Celyn,

Kekekeke!! Feeding n poo on ur hand ar. Then u hv to buy toto liao.

Railing facing u mah... how will shoot to u leh. kekekekeke!!

But it was fun! Nevermind whether they see birds or nt, their way of learning and seeing diff from us adults.

Like bbm runs around in the underwater world tunnel... like running only, but sometimes she will point at fish and tell u what u said to her last time wor. Kekekeke!!

morning mummies

shint,
congrats. i saw your posting in fb. is he the lightest among the brothers? are the 2 excited to see didi?

sylvia,
they eat liao then will turn and back face you loh and shoot the poo loh. hahaha....

morning mummies. =)

sylvia
i'm still trying hard to plan how to squeeze out some time...ha ha...

should be 1st sept, but dunno why this yr de is 2nd sept. -_-"

shint
congrats!

Good Morning Mommies!

Shint,
Congrats and rest well!

Sylvia & Snow,
This year's Teachers' Day is on 2 Sept and Children's Day on 7 Oct. It was in the news last year, now the two days won't necessarily be on 01 Sep & Oct liao...it is to give teachers and students a long weekend as it will be on a Fri.

So 1 Sep & Oct will still be normal school days.
happy.gif

Morning mummies!

I am back from Hong Kong. Hot weather there. Came back with a cough and fever. But spent lots of $$. Damn broke now. Bought so many toys n clothes for Velle. Went with half a luggage of clothes. Came back with 1 "da lu dai" and a luggage full plus a bag of "lao po bing"!

Sylvia/ Snow,
Isn't Teacher's Day 1st of Sept? Will change one meh?

morning mommies.

<font color="0000ff">Shint</font>,
Congrats! prince #3 looks so cute
happy.gif

Re: Teachers' Day
i received memo from Jasmine's cc that said 1st Sept is the official teachers' day. and will be having half day only. coz the teachers will have their own party in the afternoon.
and 2nd Sept is a MOE stipulated school holiday in honour of all teachers.

Re: Teacher's Day
Think most childcare centres will choose either 1st or 2nd to be closed ba. Velle's CC will be closed on 2 Sep. There will be a celebration on 1 Sep but it's full day skool (7am - 7pm).

Shint,
Congrats! Welcome to the world, Prince #3! Wat's his name? Btw, U look gd!

Officially

the 1st fri in sept will be teachers' day, 1st fri in oct will be children's day.

When I saw I was also blur... so I asked. For bbm's class, still class on 1st Sept, she is having practically 2 weeks sch holidays! Faintz!!

Nana,
take care! V hot weather in hkg, but u really tao nan! kekekeke!!

Yes, 1st Fri of Sep and Oct for the respective days...not necessary on 1st liao...also good lah, coz Fri, then can long weekend instead of smack in the middle of the week type
happy.gif

Sylvia,
Ya, why 2 weeks holiday?

Nana,
Enjoy your HK trip?

Bbm's holiday

29th coz is replacement for 27th, the 30th PB, then 2nd sept - teacher's day, then 3-11 sept holiday.. almost 2 weeks of holidays liao loh.

Mummies,

I need some help. The fish oil supplement fr gynae is quite exp. Did anyone get their fish oil fr external sources, and also approved by gynae?

morning mummies

hisstory,
i don't take so i can't help you but maybe you can show your gynae the link or content of a cheaper version that you found and get him to approve it. i do that with my multivits last time.

morning mummies. =)

hisstory
i go chk the brand that i used to take, its available outside but not very cheap also. -_-"

celyn,
Ooh, u din take fish oil? Why? The smell?
I was also thinking about tt... Saw a Blackmore's one for pregnancy &amp; BF mummies, but the downside is the pill too big. hmmmm

Thanks, snow!

hisstory,
yah. i didn't take at all cos i can't swallow it. then if i poke a hole and just take the oil, i almost puke due to the smell. i really did poke a hole and just the oil for 2 times till i give up during yu ze's time. yu xi, i totally never take.

i didn't take any other vits from gynae too cos i simply can't swallow any medicine regardless of size. i must chew all of them. so i requested not to take any and gynae allows. i show him the chewable mulitvits that i took and he say its ok to take that. so that's the only thing i took. but not consistently too.

celyn,
aiyoh, so poor thing.. I can imagine it being worse for those who had morning sickness, those pills will def make one want to gag

i hope i can tahan the size of the pills too.. heheh, also guilty of not taking consistently, am just not a pill popper

Thank you, snow!

YLN, interesting.. I wld most likely take calcium + fish oil, abit worried abt the iron pills coz I've got diff passing motion, though constipation isn't quite in the picture as yet..

Morning mummies!

Back in the office. Totally shagged out wif flu. A colleague joked tt he is gng to buy oranges and joss sticks to put at my desk (7th month praying).

YLN, hisstory,
Pls take fish oil, it's for the baby. I believe in it totally.
I am now taking the one I ordered from iherb n has no fish smell .. Vv good. Still taking during breastfeeding.
Called Nordic Naturals prenatal DHA. Jesper
N higher content.

Multiple-vits for baby oso crucial for formation.
Better take.

Constipation must watch out. I had bad constipation. Wun describe how bad but even yesterday I had it so bag bad to see a doc though I just discharged.

YLN, hisstory,
I was prescribed fish oil only in my 2nd trimester n 3rd trimester, the dosage was double to 2 per day. Calcium continue to take 1 per day. As for iron, at 1st taking 1x, the dosage was increased to 2x per day cos my reading was very bad. Gynae say to load on iron pills n food like beef n spinach etc bcos if not I might need blood transfusion during csection. Sounds scary but the beef I took everyday seems to have "beefed" up my bb weight by a lot!!! Mb the lotsa durian n ice-cream might be of some help too.

Yes fish oil not at first trimester
Beef is really good to beef up baby
Durian - watch out for that .
I did eat some to beef baby but Kenna GD in the end. I believe it did contribute to it ... Watch the sugars.
I thought I wun get it cos last two I was
Smooth sailing .. This time got this and that ... Had I known I would have stopped the bubble tea n durians.

Morning mummies!

Shint,
Congrats! Saw your prince #3 on FB. Coming up with a name soon?
So envious, you're back to your pre-preg weight.
I'm so scared of gaining so much weight for this one.... I gained like almost 4 kg in 1.5mth but now the growth seems to have stopped.

Re: Teachers' Day
Think my girl's cc is closed on 1 Sep.

As for Polling Day, it's on Sat, so no effect on cc. Surprisingly the Chinese enrichment class I bring my girl to, the person-in-charge said no change, still can bring my girl for class.

hisstory,
My gynae gave me calcium, multi-vits (obimin) and neurograin fish oil supplements.
I also bought the neurograin one from pharmacy, the only difference is in the packaging, I can't tell much.
But the nurse tells me the one they give is better?

I realised the calcium pills cause my stools to be darker and/or greener than normal.

Same here, I don't like to pop so many pills and I find the obimin and/or fish oil makes me want to puke. Either I take them after a very full meal or before I sleep. Sometimes skip one day too.

valnsw,
congrats. when are you due? so happy. baby girl or boy?

there are just so many babies around me. happy happy. this month, there are 4 babies liao.

Dongle,

I have the same prob as u... hv to eat alot of iron and beef and watever that can increase iron.

I dun eat pills, but for the sake of BBM, really swallow or try to bite into smaller size.
But I think is worth for her health.

happy.gif

Valnsw,
Congrats! Jia you!
Me though lost the weight but tummy still there. Takes time to get rid of it.

History, dongle,
Jia You too! Time flies ...
Can't imagine baby's already out n I am already on ML - a god consolation, hahha.

Still abit unfamiliar with baby n he sleeps alot.
praying that his jaundice don't go up ... Tomorrow review with PD.

Celyn,

thanks. I don't know the gender yet cos it's only 14 weeks. I fell asleep during Oscar scan cos bb was not co-operative, not in position. Sonographer also didn't say anything about gender so I guess prob still can't tell.

Shint,

thanks. I'm due in mid feb.
My tummy still around even after #1. U doing the Malay massage? Maybe can help get rid of wind.

For the second-time mummies:

how do u communicate to the elder one that there's a younger sibling? I keep telling my girl she's going to be jie jie but she keeps saying she's scared of jie jie *faintz* and sometimes says she's afraid of baby.
although one thing for sure she knws there's a baby in my tummy cos when I ask her "What is this?" when pointing to my tummy, she can tell me it's baby.

She also won't say things like "she's happy that she's going to have meimei or didi" like what some of the other mummies' kids have said.

Thanks, Shint!

You catch as much rest as you can.. Good thing the 2 other boys are at childcare, then u can spend good time bonding with Prince #3
happy.gif

Val,
I saw 2 types of neurogain, one is PB and the other one, I think with a '+' sign.. There's a price diff somewhat, but I didn't compare the content
happy.gif
Maybe you can check with the regular pharmacies?

I'm thinking of going with the Blackmore's Gold http://www.blackmores.com.au/products/pregnancy-breast-feeding-gold
Has the DHA content and lots of other stuff like Iron, Calcium &amp; many other vitamins. I checked out the pill size, not as huge as i though

dongle,
This round's test also indicates that I'm abit low on iron, so gynae is quite insistent that I take. She recommends alternate days, less I want to do blood transfusion after delivering too

Prob will load up thru food too.. hee

What's bb's weight now? It's going to be a prince, if I recall correctly?

Hisstory,

the one that can only be bought from pharmacy is in blue packaging I think while the one I got from my gynae is the pink packaging.

Dr didn't say anything abt iron deficiency etc. I just take whatever is prescribed.

Dongle,

u pregnant? Congrats! When will you be due?

valnsw,
i didn't tell yu ze that he is going to be gor gor. i just tell him about baby. even when i know baby is mei mei, i also keep to using baby. i bring him to all my check up so that he gets to see baby on the monitor screen. i get him to sayang my tummy, kiss my tummy as a form of love. cos yu ze and yu xi age gap is only 20 months, he still don't really know anything. he is like 'shi dong fei dong' kind.

i bought him a toy as a present from mei mei when he visit me. during my confinement, he doesn't allow hubby to touch or carry mei mei. so we just 'follow' his instruction. he still gets all our attention as much as we can. slowly, he get used to and get the idea this new person is going to be with us forever. he will also look for mei mei when he came back from cc, run to her when she cry.

at that time, its no point for me to force him to accept yu xi or that he is a gor gor. slowly, he will know and learn that he is a gor gor. now he will use the word 'gor gor' whenever he wants to talk about yu xi. eg. mei mei bite gor gor. hahaha....

mummies with kids who are toilet-trained:

i know they can hold pee but can they hold poo too? do your kids have problem with going to toilet to poo?

i don't know if i can consider yu ze fully toilet train cos he can go toilet to pee. go toilet to poo also can but must force him to sit there. other than the first time, he goes there himself. on fri night, he keep asking me to put ri yi oil for him cos he tummy pain. so i put liao, he still cry occasionally. i think he wants to poo but refuse to go toilet. so in the end, i force him to sit there and i hug him and finally he poo but its the LS kind.

then today, he also keep complaining tummy pain. ask him to toilet, he will say don't have, don't want. just now, i force him sit there and make the poo poo sound then he poo.

so he makes me wonder if he is holding on to his poo?

morning mummies

valnsw
I also bring kaer for evey gynae visit and she is always very very excited to see mei mei..maybe also cuz my gyane always entertain her also..haha..she will climb up the bed herself and sit and watch the scan...and she will be happy when she hear the heart beat...
nowadays..when she make me angry and she say sorry, she will also say sorry to meimei, and sayang my tummy...sometimes she will sing song for mei mei..but honestly speaking i feel the real test will come when mei mei is out and when there is another individual fighting for attention..haha..so, im just crossing my fingers lah...
i think ur case, u r still quite early...initially kaer also didnt understand the concept of a mei mei, or extra bb..slowly after a few months, she got used to it and whenever she sees bbs outside, she will take a second look and comment about the bbs...she will want to hold bbs' hand or just to stand around and 'look after bb'..but that is others bb lah..
happy.gif

Celyn

BBM does that initially, she will RENRENREN til she saw her diaper and that's her last stage of toilet training then. Once she cleared this phrase, she was completely trained.

TOA PAYOH POPULAR FAIR at the hub, big space in front of breadtalk

Chinese books for children:
2 pricing :
1 for $1 or 6 for $5
1 for $2 or 3 for $5

Got alot of gd books, flashcards, Chinese with hanyu pinyin

Adult books also have. 3 for $12

DVD/CD/VCD
3 for $5 from movies, kid's show/disney, Karaoke. Albums,etc,etc

Teacher's gift corner

&amp; alot more like Pre-sch excercise books, pri sch assessment books etc

Til 28th Aug, Sun.

sylvia,
i give him diaper liao. cos we were up in flyers and he seems like he is going to poo anytime. to prevent him from pooing on the floor, we wear diaper for him and told him he can poo. but he still didn't poo loh. diaper stay dry till we reach home. we ask him to poo then we can go gai gai longer, he don't want to poo and say want to go home. so we go home, then he say want to bathe. so just before he bathe, i put him sit there to poo and insist that he stay there and make the poo sound for him then he poo leh.

Sylvia, he can go outside toilet to pee leh. Hubby say cos hole too big, he can't sit. So does it means that i have to bring toilet seat go gai gai?

Celyn

ya... maybe. That's what I did when i travel n I buy foldable one to carry around. Or I have to hold her tightly so that she can poo peacefully. Pee not a problem.

Back