(2008/08) Aug 2008

<font color="#CD3278">timmin</font>
heheh, Ethan's conditioned to sleep at 7 yah?
Maybe i must brace myself to ignore her cries if she wakes in the middle of the night..

<font color="#CD3278">celyn</font>
Yu Ze is automode oredi.. Very gd!!

<font color="#CD3278">NiNi</font>
hahah, wake up for nehneh ah? Sometimes when she wakes, she looks ravenously hungry, so we get her to latch on.. But i limit her to only 1 night feed, if not we just try to pat her back to sleep..

CIO vs Separation anxiety.. Hmm, i dunno if CIO wld worsen separation anxiety. But i must say there are diff ideas to CIO, some say it encourages independence &amp; to help bb dev the skill to fall asleep on their own is parents' best gift to bb, others however say tt ignoring bb's cries wld make bb a very insecure person when they grow up.. After i've read a no. of books, i say, stick to ur guns &amp; dun let too many opinions affect ur call

Ohhh, xiexie for your compliments.. NiNi mummy's very pretty leh! She has very nice complexion &amp; wonderful make-up technique, must tou shi oredi

celyn,

u bought your spare parts 4 $20? i went to ask at the avent counter at the expo fair today and they told me $10! then when i asked if can send for servicing they said can also, pump covered under int'l warranty. gosh, these avent staff are really inconsistent! anw, i will still bring my pump down next sat morning to get them to take a look. now wondering whether to hide the fact that i bought it overseas or not. if they don't sell motor alone, i'm keeping my fingers crossed they will just give me a new one if i can show them my receipt or if they can tell from the serial number that it's manufactured last year.

timmin,

5 cubes of puree is a lot. u mean the cubes that can hold abt 70ml of puree? jonah has taken at most 60ml of puree from the cube only, and that's quite a lot liao. he has no probs finishing 5 tbsp of cereal though. to me, i find that 60-70ml is abt the same as 5 tbsp of cereal in terms of qty.

roiv,

congrats! i was at the fair ard 12 plus and i heard the winner being announced. i don't rem it being alliver leh. u reg your girl under a diff name? too bad i was BF bb then, so cldn't see the winner.

Hi krex7,
Oh I used her full name : Lee Jia Xuan Allivier..
happy.gif

nini,
cos he is crying to be carried. so i don't want to do it to get his way. hehe... i don't want him to have the idea that he cry, he will get things his way.

hisstory,
yah. it sort of automode liao. he will still flip over but sometimes don't sleep immediately. we just leave him there loh but off lights and on music for him.

krex78,
only $10? 50% off leh!!!
sad.gif
don't tell them you bought overseas lah, see what they say. they use my serial no to estimate my purchase date loh. its about 2 months different for mine. let me know the outcome after you send yours for servicing. i might want to buy a spare set from overseas. i'm not sure if the power adapter here can be used on yours or not? maybe you can call to enquire for this. the power adapter only cost $18. i bought an extra to leave in office, so i got 1 thing less to bring around.

hello mummies,
thanks to all of you who have PMed me to ask about Adel and offering help. Adel has been registered with the infant care and will be there from tues. He is now down with runny nose and I think I'd better keep in at home even though he has been on 2 days medication liao. Night time sleeping very tough for him as I think his nose is blocked. Trying to elavate his pillow so that he can sleep longer. Very hard pain lah, my poor son. First no one take care, now sick...

Celyn,
If you see Celine tomorrow, can you tell her Adel won't be coming, else I will call her myself tomorrow.
Thanks !

roiv,

yah i remember the name jia xuan now, heh.

celyn,

i dun trust them lah. everytime i enquire i get a different story. i scared if i tell them no receipt and they check serial number and realise it's not made in sin, they will not repair for me. maybe with receipt there's a higher chance they might give me the int'l warranty? *sigh* the best thing i can do is pray hard about it and hope i get a good cust svc staff! hmmm...after all the trouble i went thru, i think it's just not worth it. better get your spare set from singapore lah, when there's offer. told my hb yest that isis duo was selling for $649. even though i bought mine from amazon at abt $400, i think the extra $200 might be worth it, since i can do 1-to-1 exchange. i wish avent sold their spare parts more readily in shopping centres...hate having to go down to showroom coz' have to wait for sat morning to go. else maybe consider a medela? i'm wondering whether i shld go try out all the pumps in the hospital next time before deciding w/c one to buy. will they let anyone just try for free or must pay one?

morning mummies

krex78,
maybe you can send in for service and see what they say. if need receipt to get international warranty, get your hubby to have found it and bring it along loh. i think it could be their common practice to based warranty on serial no if no receipt. cos when i call up, they told me that too.

morning mommies,
so busy,haven't got time to read the postings.

share a new milestone for Kai - he started crawling. In fact i only put up the ABC mat a couple of days ago so have more space for him to move ard - rather, we can put him there while we do things and not stuck to the playpen.

Last nite, while watching 007, he suddenly started crawling
happy.gif
I videoed down and posted on fb liao.

For a fisrt timer, he's managed it quite well ... vv determined fellow.

Quite fun to see him crawling towards the clifford books .... not tat he wants to read them, he wants to chew them
happy.gif

Maid
She was supposed to come back this Fri but now, it's been delayed as there are some problems with her passport and she is making a new one - she says 2 weeks ... i really hope so .. waited so long liaoz and suddenly got new problems. *sigh.

She sounded genuine .. so i guess i'll believe her one more time ba .... hopefully no new problems and she can come back soon.

I'm managing better but still not enough rest and time to read and post in forums! hheeh.
Furthermore, cannot keep taking leave rite?

Yuuri, u got any idea y the slip given to us to re-enroll next term says the term ends on 21/22 march &amp; new term startin apr? i thot next week is our last session of the term liao?

morning mummies

nini,
bernice also same, wake up at night just to latch on for comfort. pat her no use, give water also no use. she just wants to latch for comfort then will drift off to sleep.. i also dono how to wean her off this. also am too tired middle of the nite to try other methods, so latch her make her happy so everyone can sleep.

re: red swastika
just asking for my niece cos her mom wants to send her there. anyone knows if there are any associations or religious groups to that school ? how to check ?

celyn, strawberry, shint, wendy, hisstory, brie, mulberry, hashisan, twinstars, giraffe, linx, thanks for the compliments on Phil...
happy.gif

celyn, yes... taken at studio but i find the pics so so only... it's the kind of sheep skin carpet you find at ikea...
happy.gif

roiv, CONGRATS!!! You must be so happy... can see ur darling's pic on the mag cover soon!
proud.gif

shint, congrats on kai crawling...

Re: Camera
Still looking...
sad.gif

<font size="+1">LOST on 25 Feb: Fujifilm Finepix J10 @ KKH or Paragon</font>

**** NORTHEAST GATHERING @ 10 Apr 2009 (Its a Good Friday Public Holiday) ****
(Location at Compassvale Road (Opp. CompassPoint) approx. 5 mins walk)

Shall we make it in the afternoon starts about 1400Hrs onwards??

1) April, Denzel and Hubby
2) Mulberry and bb Jasmine
3) Vern and Izzy (Bringing Cupcakes)
4) Reirei and bb Charlotte
5) Happy mummy, hubby and Adel
6) Ling Ling and bb
7) Celynlee and yu ze
8) Roiv (Ivey), Allivier and Xavier
9) Jen, Hb, Phil &amp; Jean

Any more mummies and babies??? All mummies and babies are welcome...

Roiv,
I must go and get the April copy liao and preserve it hor? So Kai can know that his "gf" is already a star since so young.
Who commented on Falisha being jealous ah? Falisha is SL's gf rite?

ruixuan,
congrats on SL graduating from toothless club
happy.gif

now can eat more things liao.
Hubby told Kai that his first cereal means he can start eating Bak Kua, Cha Quay Tiao soon. U see la, this kind of education from daddy.

Yesterday, hubby gave #1 more tidbits and i commented "Dun eat such rubbish".
Later #1 came to me and say "Mama, i want to eat rubbish" *faintz.

happy_mummy,
Good to hear that u found a CC for Adel.
Now can *phew a little.

hisstory,
u so fortunate. Kai wakes up recently for feeds at 3-4+ again. I panda eyes liao.
Last nite got hubby to feed but i oredi prepared the milk, etc. He jus carry baby and feed only.
Then when i finished with this and tat, i said "I go sleep first hor?" and he was like "Har?" look.
Before we slept oredi say he do the nite feed .. then give me this kind of look.
I say, if i hang around, i might as well feed baby rite? then he din say much after tat.

celyn,
Kai oso do that .... can cry vv loud one. I seldom let him cry out loud but hubby does that.
I can even hear his cry from downstairs when i returned home from work last week and when i reached my house, he's still crying.
Imagine ....

i think i must also start making Kai sleep early. But with #1 around, Kai gets disturb more easily and wakes up.

**** NORTHEAST GATHERING @ 10 Apr 2009 (Its a Good Friday Public Holiday) ****
(Location at Compassvale Road (Opp. CompassPoint) approx. 5 mins walk)

Shall we make it in the afternoon starts about 1400Hrs onwards??

1) April, Denzel and Hubby
2) Mulberry and bb Jasmine
3) Vern and Izzy (Bringing Cupcakes)
4) Reirei and bb Charlotte
5) Happy mummy, hubby and Adel
6) Ling Ling and bb
7) Celynlee and yu ze
8) Roiv (Ivey), Allivier and Xavier
9) Jen, Hb, Phil &amp; Jean
10) Shint, hubby/maid, bb Kai and #1

Any more mummies and babies??? All mummies and babies are welcome...

congrats roiv!!
cant wait to see ur baby gal on the mag cover.
happy.gif

wa...kai crawl once placed on ABC mat ah..i also wanna try see if my son ready or not...be back home tonite and try!
Shint, ur #1 so cute.. say wanna eat rubbish..should send what he say to the mag...they post things which little kids say. very cute loh..
happy.gif

re : swim suit for baby boys
where to buy ah ? those thermal ones ? wanna bring son to public pool, saw at kiddy palace selling at 59.90 ? too big size for my small son...anywhere else got sell with size and cheaper ?

hisstory
yah...he conditioned already. he'll be eheh-ing for me to start bedtime routine if i haven't started by 7.15pm. haha...

so how was last night? did ashley wake up?
happy.gif
i tink ignoring is easier if baby is in another room. cos every min of baby crying feels like 1hr! hee...

krex
no lah...not the 70ml cube. i use ice-cube trays to freeze puree, then transfer to ziplock bags after they're frozen. so it's 5 cubes of "ice". about 1 tablespoon per cube.

NiNi
hmmm...in the book he did mention that babies with separation anxiety don't have probs when undergoing sleep training too. and yah...i agree with hisstory. go with what u're comfortable with and suits your family.
happy.gif
personally, i feel that ignoring bb during the night won't make him insecure...cos in the day, i attend to him all the time. the studies that they quote usually involve babies who are ignored all the time. but once again, go for what u tink is best for yourself. hee...
happy.gif

Interrace, where u hear it fr. The news is 100% false. NO PLAN FOR #2 AT ALL. not even for next yr or the yr after.

u preg?

Jacinta is ok. She got 2 little teeth now &amp; she can sit up on her own very fast, also crawl on 4s a few steps. Quite abit of advancement recently? ur boy?

Reirei
Ohhhh that awful... Everybody fall sick.. How r u doing today ? Wishing speedy recovery for all of u.. espc bb... headache having bb sick...

Hisstory
So good ah... Ashley can sleep peacefully for so long..........
happy.gif
hmmmm mummy got a very good beauty sleep last nite :p

Celyn
hehehe... Yu ze so smart uh ?? Auto one.. finished milk then flip then sleep off.... Wow...

Happy mummy
Poor Adel... Hope he recovers fast... espc the block nose... mummy hang in there ya......

Shint
Congrats !!! Finally ur Kai is crawling !!!
happy.gif
Wahhh must b so excited... better watch him than the movie liao
happy.gif

Roiv
I'll buy the mag with Princess Allivier Pics
happy.gif
mediacorp will b happy, suddenly sales increase drastically one hehehe

Ruixuan
COngrats!! SL congrats from toothless club liao...
happy.gif

Shint
ur # 1 very funny hor....
happy.gif
Looking forward to meet u all .....

YLN
did u go for KIndermusic class ?

Roiv,
Never seen you before but when i saw the foto, i think trudy is the one in pink. cos she is prettier then the other baby... heheheee... the other baby is also very pretty, but i prefer Trudy!

heard from YP loh ..kekeke...
no lah ..not ready for #2..all hands and legs tied by my son.

recent mile stones...swimming on his tummy on the same spot.kekeke...
he got two sharp teeth protuding..other than that, cannot seat on his own, cannot crawl yet.
happy.gif

Mommies,
wah, you babies are all starting to crawl! mine still no sign yet. still on flipping to and fro from the tummy to the back.
happy.gif
And he is not gaining weight!!! turned 6mths on 24 Feb. have not taken him for his 3rd jab yet. maybe will do it this week or next.

Shint,
wow, kai is fast! your #1 is coming 3 right? my #2's weight can fight with your #1, she is 17kg now, 35 months old. will be celebrating her 3rd birthday in April. talking about it, got to organize something for her in the childcare too... headache! my baby Jerold is 6mths old but i think he is only about 8.8kg... didn't gain weight!!! don't know why. his milk intake is still not very good. only 140ml every 3-4 hours. He is not small when born leh.

Rata,
your jacintha started crawling also? congrats! now got to watch her even more closely...
happy.gif

Krex,
Good to hear that your Avent pump is working properly now... I think Avent pump is not made in singapore... when you bring the pump to the service centre, don't offer too much info lah. say your hb bought for you.

giraffe,
where you? busy working? started rice cereal for Jerold yesterday but he doesn't seem to like it that much. but he took like half a tablespoon lah. today will ask my maid to help give him half a spoonful also. How about you?

Timmin/hisstory/ceyln,
I forgot already... i put some water and boil the rice cereal a bit then mix with BM and feed bb jerold. after that i gave a bit of water to him. i know we have to intro one kind of food at one time... when and how? can share/teach me again?

mommies,

how do you clear the ear wax from bb ears? cotton bud doesnt really work cos it will only push the wax in further...

where can we find good, cheap bb clothings in BKK? Plantinum mall? Pratnum?

Interrace, alamak where the ... she get the idea fr? i msn her hahahaha. She juz told u todae? think she mistook by my nick.

ok, i'm soooo late in reading all the posts. was so busy and only had time to reply some of the BP purchases I made, like the diapers and California and nursing shawl. anyone bot diapers from wildkitty? i ordered huggies dry comfort and mamy poko.

celyn,
ya, i got "cheated" by my hb. haha.. no la, joking. i was married at 23, had my wedding and committed to a house at 24. siong lor, like no rest at all. you all lei?

roiv,
CONGRATS to Allivier! =) Wow, i muz go buy April's issue of M &amp; B.
happy.gif
She's so pretty!

rona,
ya lor, bz with work, physio, tui na sessions, with ashley n anna.. ai yo, sometimes i'm so tired i'll sleep at 10pm!!! n wake up at 5+ to catch a few posts then dom again. i justed started cereal n anna was grinning away when i fed her. will post picture later if i can. heh..
now i wish i'm a sahm..

Cereal &amp; Tooth
Yay, I finally started Anna on her first cereal meal on Sun, at the Zoo!!! Haha.. hb wanted to go get some family card so off we went. That's also why no time to log in on Sun. And I actually added 20ml of bm to 1 teaspoon of cereal.. turned out too watery. Haha.. but Anna likes it.
But.. no tooth yet le.. still that toothless smile from her and cheeky one when she stuck her tongue out.

sam,
my pd says no need to clean the inside cos too sensitive to do so. just clear the outside can liao.

rona,
8.8kg ok la.. anna's 8kg as of 6months. =)

Cat,
Red Swastika is not really a religious school, not like Maha Bodhi School, which is affliclated with singapore buddhist association. Not sure if its related to any association. I know Ai Tong and Tao Nan is related with Hokkien Huey Kwan, so if you are a member, got priority. you check and call the school lah. The website is

http://app.sis.moe.gov.sg/schinfo/SIS_SearchDtls.asp?strCode=5214

i was from Yu Neng long long time ago... last time we still hold joint examinations with Red Swastika, Yu Min, Yue Eng.... all the chinese schools
happy.gif

missysz,
**faint***
Thanks for clearing up for me...

Roiv,
sorry for the mixed up!

Fitbaby,
how's about trudy?

Rata/giraffe,
Jerold was already 8.5kg like 3 weeks back liao. Yesterday weigh him again and only 8.8kg nia... very sad... cos i carry him to weigh, so i thought i lost weight... expect him to exceed 9kg... disappointed leh.

Giraffe,
ha! you got married so young? think your hb scared you ran away so quickly marry you back!

giraffe,

but the inside v dirty, sometimes hve string of wax... then she keep scratching the back of her ears, dunno izzit cos dirty &amp; itchy...

Hi Mummies!

It's been a while i came to read the posts. Haha...Congrats to Roiv n baby! hehe...so pretty ur girl
happy.gif

Btw, i've just started my own line of hair accessories for your little princesses. Feel free to go and see see look look and place your orders if you're interested k!

http://bigmamalicious.blogspot.com/

Hehehe...hope to get your support
happy.gif

linx
ya i went..did u go?
i thought there another mummy from this thread..bb name nandini..hmm..dunno same or not..:p
i like the theme..zoom buggy..all about transport and the sounds...
happy.gif
..signed up for the term liao..

Back