(2008/08) Aug 2008

krex,

avent pump is very noisy.

I think when newborn, sometimes cry as due she was scared by the sound.

but i like it as can adjust speed accordingly.

<font color="#CD3278">timmin</font>
Ethan's okie in the carseat thruout the entire journey ah? Ashley has mood swings.. So usually if we have to go out, someone must sit with her behind, if not i think the driver wld go nuts!

<font color="#CD3278">ReiRei</font>
Wait for me k?? heheh

Hisstory,
OKOK!! hee...i try oni hor, cos i'm experimenting CGW and 1st time ordering from kohls.com...so v nervous...haha

Sylvia,
U dun wan liao har??

rei, if u 1st time, then I support u lah. I buy for my nieces.

if nt... my hb oredi black face buying bb clothings.

Hahaha!!

YLN,

ya... I saw the strawberry one, so cute. So I ask the staff to dig for me. she really dig out big size for me.

happy.gif
If nt, hard to find romper with pant types. Or very expensive. Esp nw crawling/jumping stage, can reduce friction on the thighs as mine got fat ones.

rei,

ok! I go see look and email u soon.

u pm me ur bank acc to tranfer u the amount. or pay u later?

got 20% off ar? oh.. ok ok!!

celyn,

guess what? decided to use my spare valves today and my pump works just like day 1! motor still noisy but was surprised at how good the suction was! now i managed to get a decent amt of milk in just 10 mins. SO HAPPY!!!

i've checked my serial number. same no. of digits, so dunno if they can tell it's from o/seas. the only thing that gives it all away is the plug since it's a US plug. i use a converter now coz' too lazy to change to singapore plug. oh btw, how much did u buy your valve set for? u mentioned it comes as a package? what is in it? i think i better get one set also just in case. now i'm tempted to change the motor although the only thing irritating is the sound. otherwise it works just fine. i dun mind paying for the spare parts and motor if they won't give me a 1-to-1 exchange. but it better not cost $100+!

oh yes, do u find your flanges hard to clean? i think i can see some dirt stuck in between the grooves...dunno how to remove it.

timmin,

is it ok to feed solids 3x a day? my hb's wondering whether bb hungry or not coz' he seems to be crying more often. i feel it's more becoz he's sleepy or over stimulated, but guys being guys, always think bb cry becoz hungry. dunno if giving one extra solid meal will solve the prob though...

<font color="#CD3278">sylvia</font>
too late liao.. by the time the stuff arrive, i prob am back fr Tokyo liao

<font color="#CD3278">ReiRei</font>
Am looking now.. heehee

krex78,
heheh.... the set come with the massage petal thing, diaphram and valve for $20. you mean the power adapter is it? i didn't bring that when i go servicing. in only bring the motor and the tube attached to the motor. they don't sell the motor separately. i ask liao, if cannot service, can i just buy a new motor? he say no, i must buy a new set.

i use brush to clean the flanges. i will soak it with detergent after every use. don't wash it immediately. that can be exchange for a new one at $40 each (if i didn't remember wrongly, ask about the price longer ago.)

hisstory,

ooooooo ya.

Hahaha!! actually, I can lend u some leh. coz was preparing for a trip last dec for work, then cancel as Meredith still having colic.

then u can save money too.
happy.gif

sylvia,
now with the new motor that i got, only then i know avent pump is really very quiet. i think its get louder as its gets older.

celyn,

Oh..........I guess I only heard the next door mum telling her son that she is pumping in the room. I din hear sound, so I tot avent is very loud compared to hers.

happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">reirei</font>,

I sent u the list liao. Hope it'll reach US100, if nt, I will top up again.
happy.gif

timminbuzz,

reservist......

I am thinking how can I survive taking my bb alone for 3 wks. Think I will go mad. plus no one else that I can ask for help........

headache ar.....

:)**** NORTHEAST GATHERING @ 10 Apr 2009 ****:) Location at Compassvale Road (Opp. CompassPoint) approx. 5 mins walk

1) April, Denzel and Hubby
2) Mulberry
3) Vern and Izzy (Bringing Cupcakes)
4) Reirei
5) Happy mummy, hubby and Adel

adding in our babies names.
happy.gif

Reirei,
i add in for u ar. will ur hubby be coming? don't think mine will come since it's so near, he'll just ask me to go by myself :p

:)**** NORTHEAST GATHERING @ 10 Apr 2009 ****:) Location at Compassvale Road (Opp. CompassPoint) approx. 5 mins walk

1) April, Denzel and Hubby
2) Mulberry and bb Jasmine
3) Vern and Izzy (Bringing Cupcakes)
4) Reirei and bb Charlotte
5) Happy mummy, hubby and Adel

Good morning mommies!!

<font color="0000ff">earnestmum</font>
April Tan is the organiser, not happy_mummy ;)

<font color="0000ff">Catherine</font>
think Reirei placed order late last night already.
wah so nice got hotcakes. hubby made for u?

<font color="0000ff">celynlee</font>
u can tahan wake up and don't eat brekkie? i'm always so hungry when wake up :p

mulberry,
no la.. i ordered mcdelivery.
happy.gif
hb still sleeping. he went market this morning bought crayfish for dinner
happy.gif

oh she ordered already ah ? i didnt log in last nite
sad.gif

Good Morning Mummies

Reservist
my hubby completed his. so i got no worry for it!! hee..

bb's sleeping
my bb slept from last night 10pm still just now 9.30am. neverwake up in between for feed. First time!!!

M2B
ya... Thanks for all our moms...
happy.gif
yes envy ur gal can just sleep anytime anywhere... Wish my gal can do the same...
happy.gif

Brie
Saw ur blog heheheh funny pics... Very exciting n thrilling experince uh ?
happy.gif
No fridge !! Whuuiiii...... Can imagine how panic u were...Lucky u survived mann
happy.gif
Isaac sure looks like he's enjoying the trip
happy.gif
looks very cuteeeee

lhy
Yup that's why I heard too.... check whether ur bb back to his normalself or not ... if so nothing to worried in guess.. if u follow this thread, u'll see our bbs has fallen couple of times.. :p Thank God, they r all ok... My bb has fallen 2 x so far... fm a couch
sad.gif

BB fair
I was ther too.. Met Sylvia
happy.gif
nice meeting u n the family
happy.gif
But nothing much to buy.. I just got training cup, pacifier from Avent then wipes J&amp;J, the cereal nestle is running out of stock then diapers only Huggies n Drypers... Not much to buy for me.. though hb challenged me "that's all u buy ? " :p

ReiRei
GOshh... Sayang Char... BB fell sick can b very tiring one cos they'll b fussier cos uncomfy mah... I understand the feeling.. I just survived my gal fever, cough til vomit then sneezing period.... Very fragile time for the parents... Good u hv hb helping u out...

Tigg3r
2 diff things is ok uh ?? They wont fight for it rite ?? Actually I oso thing it's bit waste 2 buy 2 same things.. but my mum n hb said just buy same thing else afraid they mite quarrel ... so I did loo.. but still feel bit waste :p
THat's nice pix.. very helpful to me...

Jen
Phil looks cute... yup like big boy.. lots of hair plus parting oso somemore....
happy.gif
no lelong sure gf will queque one :p

Shint
Kai is 10 kg ?? !!! wah congrats crossing the double digit :p better not carry him too much else u mite need massage :p

Roiv
Congrats for Allivier making to the Final... I was there ysty but dont know which one is u ... :p else could have meet u

Shay
I'm oso in PG... which part r u ?

Nini / Valnsw
ya lor... my gal oso laugh n smile more to my hb.. now my mum compare to me :p Unless I talk to her from far away then she'll smile n laugh to me ..

Val
if u want my ID oso, I can recommend to u... He's been recommend fm all hb's colik.. bit on the higher side but quality is good n they give u 8 yrs warranty. HB found them reasonable oso cos that time they suggested us abt parts that dont need to reno, just waste of money they said.. so hb like them..
happy.gif

Hashisan
yup, told hb, bb likes u more cos she mark u as fun n mum as fiercesome :p
mau donk ke bogor juga...... makan asinan bogor, sotomie... yummy yummy..... salam buat all the family there ya... kapan balik ?

Shint
Kai blowing kisses to Allivier ?? Not worry Falisha mite get angry ? :p

LTS
hehehehe... agree.. she looks very cute like "potato" huahahahaha

WHAT TYPE OF BIRTH PLANNING DEVICE YOU OR HUBBY USE?

YLN
I oso feel the same... after bb no more "US" talk uh ? all only bb... told this to my hb n he said I'm reading too much forum liao hehehehe... but what to do he's busy n reaches home late so no choice lor... both of us oredi tired for the day, only mayb weekend we try to talk if he's not too busy watching TV !!
Btw, C u at the KIndermusic today.. Hope I can recognize Kaer :p

WHAT TYPE OF BIRTH PLANNING DEVICE YOU OR HUBBY USE?

1. hashisan: rain coat :)-))
2. celynlee: noting :p
3. giraffe: withdrawal ^^ [so hb need strong willpower]
4. shay: raincoat
5. hisstory: rain coat..
6. valnsw: raincoat or withdrawal, depending on hb.
7. Linx : raincoat or withdrawal, depending on me :p

Northeast Gathering
Count me in

Havent finished reading all the post here.will do later... Need to help hb prepare Pizza now....

ruixuan: gong xi gong xi! Thats good news!

My boy still wake up once a night.. Yesterday he woke up at 3am, let him cried for awhile then decided to latch him if not he will continue to disturb hubby's sleep (cos hubby gotta work 24hrs) so again, i failed in my persistency.

Tonight hubby not around, jus i will jus let him cry it out. But will definitely disturb my sleep lah...hai bo bian.

I tried to convince hubby that I really hope to go back to work, cos im not the housewife material...Jus for bb's sake, i become a SAHM. But really wearing me out... Hubby scared baby go babysitter kena abused, or go infant care got no attention. Sigh~

Do u SAHMs enjoy being a SAHM?

Ruixuan
Wow... congrats.... mine hasnt been able yet.. last nite tried to feed her water she cried then I made her milk, she's so happy... :p ant it's 1.30 AM !!

Wil try to login again tonite cos bit busy.. bringing BB for her 1st Kindermusic class then in the nite hb's colik daughters bday party .... phew...

Nini
I'm oso not really SAHM material... but there's good n not good in everything lor....
happy.gif
my hb allow me to do everything I want, though he oso the strong believer that mum is the best but he's ok if I want to work... but I do think childcare mite not paying attetnion to bb as much as us ... and the joy can b able 2 c them doing many first in front of ur eyes and when they smile back at us...
happy.gif

but yes I'm oso feel burnt out sometimes... very tired one.. got no time to take care ourselves.. even take bath or going to poo also have to see time :p

nini,
I really admire SAHM, think u gotta discuss w ur hb that u might wana go back to work after Braiden is 18mths old? At least in childcare is not too bad liao.

ruixuan,
Congrats! Now you can hv uninterrupted sleep. Mine still hasn't slept thru yet.

ling,
thks for the offer on the ID, think my hb has more or less decided on which one to go for.

Fitbaby..
Thks for sharing and I almost shared the same experience with you last night except my boy didn't choke (thank God). I'm glad that Trudy is ok
happy.gif
We went out for dinner and I brought some HEINZ biscuits for him to keep him occupied while we ate. Thankfully I kept glancing at him to see what he was doing and I realised too that he was able to bite off chunks of the biscuit (no teeth yet). The good thing was that he didn't try to swallow them but spat them out instead. So.. have to really keep an eye on them.. or not give until they are ready to chew.

Shay..
We also have a walker. I know there seems to be lots of cons to this but I read this book "How to raise a happy and unspoilt child" and it actually advocates a walker esp for bbs between 5.5 to 7.5mths. This is cos at this age, bbs are super curious but they are hampered by their inability to walk hence they are more prone to crying bouts. But with the walker.. they gain that 'independence' and can explore.. thus lessening their frustration. Something like that.

We put our boy in but don't leave him in there longer than 10mins. How do you find your walker working for your bb? I find the walker slightly safer than leaving bb in the cot or playpen.. for now. He cannot move much yet in the walker but in the playpen or cot.. he still falls backwards (sometimes) when in sitting position, then will cry. In any case.. we'll continue to monitor how the walker affects his ability to walk.

Shint..
I think after intro rice cereal.. can slowly start to intro apple and pear sauces
happy.gif

Catherine &amp; Hashisan..
I too was hesitant in buying BABY BITES cos I saw it was made in China. Yikes.. scary! Hee.. I think my hb will be upset if he knows his son is consuming foodstuffs from China. Even he himself doesn't take MADE IN CHINA products.

Hi Mummies,
Thanks for the the well wishes and support..
Allivier had just been crowned the "Cover Baby" for the Cover Baby Contest..=)

Thanks mummies...
happy.gif

Hi Wendy,
Picture? Err, dun have leh, all very blur but have video lor but super shaky, taken my hubby..U have FB? I fhave, can view there but I probably upload later cos super tired now..=)

lingling/val: Ya have to wait braiden 18mths then i can go back workforce.. But thats like 12months from now. So long leh... How i wish if i have the money, i get my confinement nanny back come n be the babysitter...cos i tink she is really good! That is.. if i strike bigsweep or toto lahhh..hhahaha :p

<font color="#CD3278">Roiv</font>
Woohoo, *congratulations*!! Pretty Princess Allivier did daddy &amp; mummy proud
happy.gif

<font color="#CD3278">NiNi</font>
Hmm.. There are gd days &amp; bad days of a SAHM, i think likewise at work too. But i must admit, as a FTWM, there's more mobility than a SAHM has

If u can get contacts of a bb sitter who has raving reviews, u can try out yah? Some ppl i knw who use bb sitters do actually checkout the bb sitter's place &amp; have a trial, to assess if bb is okie anot with bb sitter &amp; if bb sitter is to ur likings

Back